Author Topic: Dentist  (Read 24772 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Dentist
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2022, 04:09:05 pm »
£5000 for two implants here  :o how do they get away with it?

Anyone know of any cheaper places to get them done other than a standard local dentist? I heard that larger bulk buy places do better prices

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2023, 08:31:14 pm »
Anyone had their wisdom teeth out?

Had my lower right one out last Wednesday with local anaesthetic.

The procedure itself was painless but the recovery period has been bloody tough so far. I've been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol every few hours but wake up every so often at night and the pain is intense. It feels like a dull ache combined with that pain when you bite your cheek but ten times worse.

Is this normal after 6 days? It doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have got an appointment with the dentist tomorrow to check everything as it should be.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2023, 08:42:19 pm »
£2k quote for root canal and one implant tooth :o

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2023, 11:16:15 pm »
Anyone had their wisdom teeth out?

Had my lower right one out last Wednesday with local anaesthetic.

The procedure itself was painless but the recovery period has been bloody tough so far. I've been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol every few hours but wake up every so often at night and the pain is intense. It feels like a dull ache combined with that pain when you bite your cheek but ten times worse.

Is this normal after 6 days? It doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have got an appointment with the dentist tomorrow to check everything as it should be.

Had mine out and don't think they were painful after a nights sleep. Unless I did.something stupid like bite on it.

The dentist will sort it in the morning.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2023, 12:28:24 pm »
Had mine out and don't think they were painful after a nights sleep. Unless I did.something stupid like bite on it.

The dentist will sort it in the morning.

Turns out it was 'dry socket'. Where a clot had fallen off or something. Not infected but they had to irrigate the shite out the the gap that had formed. Wasn't too painful and they put some medicine coating over it.

Hopefully it heals properly now as I'm fed up not sleeping properly and chewing tiny morsels of food on one side of my mouth whilst popping pills by the numbers!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2023, 12:30:25 pm »
Turns out it was 'dry socket'. Where a clot had fallen off or something. Not infected but they had to irrigate the shite out the the gap that had formed. Wasn't too painful and they put some medicine coating over it.

Hopefully it heals properly now as I'm fed up not sleeping properly and chewing tiny morsels of food on one side of my mouth whilst popping pills by the numbers!

Yeah I was going to say that sounded like dry socket, not meant to be much fun at all on the pain front.

Hope it gets better soon

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2023, 06:45:19 pm »

Was thinking it sounded like the "dry socket" issue they mention on the leaflet you get (sometimes), but didn't want to speculate, especially as you were going back anyway.

Glad it got sorted, fingers crossed it heals quickly now!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly