Author Topic: Fallout (4, 76, general chat)  (Read 92553 times)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2015, 05:05:05 pm »
True.  I like how they have changed it to just slow down time on this one, rather than stop it completely.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2015, 10:42:59 pm »
I've pre-ordered the Pip Boy edition but I'm not sure I'm going to bother, if I get it do you think it will be sellable?

Is it Xbox one? I'd buy it off you straight away fella.

EDIT : if anyone does fancy selling on the pip boy edition give us a PM. Ta
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:50:57 pm by Zend...en the clowns »
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2015, 08:22:43 am »
I've pre-ordered the Pip Boy edition but I'm not sure I'm going to bother, if I get it do you think it will be sellable?

50 quid, deal.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:05 pm »
They're going to be selling at double their price. I've got one for my PC version but I think I'll keep it, I don't have much Fallout memorabilia.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »
You get your AI companions anyway so it's never lonely. Plus one of the ones I had in New Vegas was really hard and battered everyone for me.

That would be Boone :P

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2015, 12:38:54 pm »
lol, decent try.

:boring Worth the try.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2015, 11:37:44 am »
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-23-10-pete-hines-entire-game-not-on-fallout-4-pc-disc

Shocking.
They have you buying a DVD that does not contain the full game.
You have got to have an internet connection and install goddamned Steam.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2015, 12:40:13 pm »
Yeah it's a shame for those that buy DVD version because they might not have the capacity to be able to download something the size of Fallout 4 and other large games. I believe another AAA title game had the same thing recently (was it MGS:V?) and there was a large outcry of complaints about it too.
It's insane really.
Like buying a CD that you can only listen to if you put the radio on ...

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2015, 12:44:02 pm »
I can't see what there is to be upset about. A DVD simply can't hold enough data to store all of the game, so of course you're going to need to download it.

And if you're PC gaming without Steam, then you're doing PC gaming wrong.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:01 pm »

It's not about not (wanting to) use Steam or anything like that. It's about the fact that there might be people out there who will have issues downloading that amount of data for whatever reason (be that limited speed or monthly limits). It's not affecting me and I don't really buy games in the store anymore, but why bother selling physical copies of the game when there's nothing on the DVD except the Steam-installer? Might as well sell it on a CD...
Why not sell it as a blue-ray (just like for consoles) and give people the choice of either downloading the game via steam or buying a blue-ray drive to install from disc?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

There's no right or wrong way lol that's such elitist bullshit.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2015, 01:40:30 pm »
It's not about not (wanting to) use Steam or anything like that. It's about the fact that there might be people out there who will have issues downloading that amount of data for whatever reason (be that limited speed or monthly limits). It's not affecting me and I don't really buy games in the store anymore, but why bother selling physical copies of the game when there's nothing on the DVD except the Steam-installer? Might as well sell it on a CD...
Why not sell it as a blue-ray (just like for consoles) and give people the choice of either downloading the game via steam or buying a blue-ray drive to install from disc?

Because it doesn't make sense for them financially to make a blu-ray disc for the game, when it's such a small amount of people who would use that option. DVD drives are still far more common.

The game is simply too big for physical methods. It may seem harsh, but unfortunately it's the way gaming is going in general.

There's no right or wrong way lol that's such elitist bullshit.

Relax will you. Don't take what I say so literally. :P
 What I mean is you're missing out on so many good games, some of which are very small in size. I'd highly recommend anyone get in to Steam if your in to PC gaming, even if your download limits are smaller.

Also, it's coming to the point that if you're using PC gaming to play AAA games, you're going to have to accept that the way games are going, you're going to need to download part/most/all of the game.

You have to blame the PC industry rather than any developers that it's going this way.
Until the next step-up comes from Blu-Ray, they're always going to make DVD-drives the default option. How else are they going to make you pay extra?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2015, 01:51:32 pm »
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-23-10-pete-hines-entire-game-not-on-fallout-4-pc-disc

Shocking.
They have you buying a DVD that does not contain the full game.
You have got to have an internet connection and install goddamned Steam.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2015, 02:11:32 pm »
Don't take this the wrong way.
I am perfectly fine with people who like to get fucked up the ass by the gaming industry, it's just not my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:10:21 am by Ron »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2015, 02:15:50 pm »
Don't take this the wrong way.
I am perfectly fine with people who like to get fucked up the ass by the gaming industry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2015, 02:25:12 pm »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2015, 03:16:19 pm »
Because it doesn't make sense for them financially to make a blu-ray disc for the game, when it's such a small amount of people who would use that option. DVD drives are still far more common.

The game is simply too big for physical methods. It may seem harsh, but unfortunately it's the way gaming is going in general.

why not release it on multiple dvd's then? it's rumoured to be around 28gb which is 4 discs so the extra costs are negligible plus it's a big release and will sell loads across all platforms so not like they're gonna make a loss, didn't stop rockstar releasing gta v on 7 discs

doesn't bother me personally as i have a fast enough connection but there's a lot of people who don't who want to be able to install the game without having to wait hours for the rest to download 

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2015, 03:26:35 pm »
Usually pre order my games of Very, but it took them till 6pm to deliver FIFA on release day so what sites do you guys recommend that insure I have the best chance of receiving this game on the day of release or even the day before.
Thanks.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2015, 03:32:39 pm »
Any rumours on the size of the map compared to previous generation Fallout games?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2015, 03:45:15 pm »
Any rumours on the size of the map compared to previous generation Fallout games?
Apparently a similar size to Skyrim without all the fucking mountains in the way! :wave

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2015, 03:47:33 pm »
How much bigger was that then F3, roughly 50% bigger or so?
Then again my favourite part were alway multi level vaults, subway levels and such.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2015, 03:53:23 pm »
why not release it on multiple dvd's then? it's rumoured to be around 28gb which is 4 discs so the extra costs are negligible plus it's a big release and will sell loads across all platforms so not like they're gonna make a loss, didn't stop rockstar releasing gta v on 7 discs

doesn't bother me personally as i have a fast enough connection but there's a lot of people who don't who want to be able to install the game without having to wait hours for the rest to download

Wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that.

Plus 4 discs = 4x the cost to produce of 1 disc. For a fairly small set of customers who buy physical copies for PC, it doesn't make much sense financially. It's completely understandable why companies are reluctant to produce physical copies for PC.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2015, 06:10:19 pm »
Usually pre order my games of Very, but it took them till 6pm to deliver FIFA on release day so what sites do you guys recommend that insure I have the best chance of receiving this game on the day of release or even the day before.
Thanks.
Gsmeseek have never let me down, ever.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2015, 07:30:26 pm »
Gsmeseek have never let me down, ever.

Cheers, I ordered my PS4 from them and they delivered it a day early which I was buzzing about, never used them for games though but will take you up on it.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2015, 08:19:52 pm »
Thanks.
Simplygames, always early. My copy of Halo 5 came on Saturday and it's not out until Tuesday...
XBL: Flash6289

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »
Thanks.
SimplyGames or thegamecollection

thegamecollection is cheapest afaik, but you should know that they often send copies made for the Middle East, and I'm not sure if anything will be censored in that version

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2015, 06:07:22 pm »
Simplygames, always early. My copy of Halo 5 came on Saturday and it's not out until Tuesday...
Yeah, Gameseek always deliver my Tuesday releases on the Saturday prior and my Friday releases are always with my Wednesday or Thursday.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »
Do GameSeek and SimplyGames really deliver early or at least on time. I stopped pre ordering online because I'd never get game on it's release date, I was buying from Amazon though. So I usually drive up to the closest Tesco and buy the game, but I might give one of those sites a go.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »
thegamecollection is cheapest afaik, but you should know that they often send copies made for the Middle East, and I'm not sure if anything will be censored in that version

I've had Middle Eastern copies from Gameseek too...didn't care as it arrived early, only difference AFAIK is a yellow dot on the case...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2015, 07:42:12 pm »
Do GameSeek and SimplyGames really deliver early or at least on time. I stopped pre ordering online because I'd never get game on it's release date, I was buying from Amazon though. So I usually drive up to the closest Tesco and buy the game, but I might give one of those sites a go.
My experience is that Shopto and Simplygames always deliver before release. Think they both guarantee delivery by release day or some money back.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2015, 08:21:53 pm »
I used to order from Shopto religiously but got let down a few times, hence going with Gameseek.

I did buy my PS4 from Simply Games and they delivered it next day to Northern Ireland, so fair play for that.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »
My MGSV from SimplyGames arrived 4 days or so early

Offline MC14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:16 pm »
I'm only gonna pre order from one of those sites if it's pretty certain that they deliver early, I'll be gutted if it arrives late afternoon on release date.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2015, 04:12:47 pm »
I'm only gonna pre order from one of those sites if it's pretty certain that they deliver early, I'll be gutted if it arrives late afternoon on release date.

i think simply games will, no guarantee like but i ordered mgs v from there and paid for courier delivery as well and it came on the friday, it was a bank holiday weekend though so they might have been shipping a day earlier than normal but i reckon if you use courier delivery they'll ship it friday at the latest and you'll get it monday

Offline MC14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »
i think simply games will, no guarantee like but i ordered mgs v from there and paid for courier delivery as well and it came on the friday, it was a bank holiday weekend though so they might have been shipping a day earlier than normal but i reckon if you use courier delivery they'll ship it friday at the latest and you'll get it monday

Awesome Thanks

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2015, 04:42:29 pm »
Every time I see something about this my brain goes into hype overload. Bought a PS4 just for this, basically, and have been marking time since buying it.

Of course, I've just realised I'll have no internet when it arrives and will probably need a mega patch to play it. Yes I will take my whole console round my mates house and use his, even if it seems a bit extreme. Must. Have.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »
My brother ordered Halo 5 from SG with express delivery through DPD for a few extra quid and it came on the morning of release (Tuesday). I just went for free 1st class (always have and every game has come early) and it came on the Saturday. Both copies were dispatched at the same time (Friday) so DPD must have held it back for next day delivery, and Royal Mail obviously didn't.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:31 am »
This is so close I can almost smell the abraxo cleaner in the air!!

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2015, 09:38:00 am »
When is this due out?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2015, 09:39:37 am »