Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4213942 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #63880 on: August 23, 2020, 10:23:16 am »
The Taylor Persoon scores were a bit suspect again.

Reckon she lost the first fight and this was close too, probably a draw.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #63881 on: August 23, 2020, 12:05:18 pm »
anyone think deep down Eddie is happy? Dillian is tied up in a rematch for WBC mandatory spot so that should make undisputed flight easier.

I don’t, Joshua has still got to deal with Usyk post Pulev and I don’t think that Fury wanted to fight Whyte anyway.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #63882 on: August 23, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »
What an uppercut that was!! Superb KO!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63883 on: August 23, 2020, 01:35:01 pm »
Seen a few people call Whyte out for a technical flaw as AJ & Oscar Rivas have floored him with uppercuts previously. The flaw wasn’t addressed post Rivas because of the UKAD business. I wonder if it was looked at in camp in the build up to this fight.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 03:12:20 pm by Alf »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63884 on: August 23, 2020, 02:33:46 pm »
Said to the fellas 'povetkin 5th round ko or its whytes'...
Didn't expect the couple of knockdowns but still predicted the correct outcome. Wish I had money on it. Surely that's got to be it for Whyte. Sparked clean out. There's no way he's a contender now.

He's 32 and this era of Heavyweight boxing while much better than the previous 2 decades isn't the 60/70's  Golden Age.  He's still a top 10 heavyweight.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63885 on: August 23, 2020, 03:10:18 pm »
Not much has changed for Whyte IF he wins the rematch then he gets back to number one challenger again and Fury/AJ/Wilder all fight Dec-Feb.

I do feel a bit for Whyte as it’s a disgrace he has been a WBC mandatory for 3 years that should not happen ever.

I expect Whyte to win the rematch but he would be huge underdog against AJ/Fury but make no mistake he is a dangerous fighter and they all know it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63886 on: August 23, 2020, 03:23:15 pm »
Not much has changed for Whyte IF he wins the rematch then he gets back to number one challenger again and Fury/AJ/Wilder all fight Dec-Feb.

I do feel a bit for Whyte as it’s a disgrace he has been a WBC mandatory for 3 years that should not happen ever.

I expect Whyte to win the rematch but he would be huge underdog against AJ/Fury but make no mistake he is a dangerous fighter and they all know it.

I expect Whyte to win the rematch and presume that they’ll want to get that done before Fury/Wilder 3. Wouldn’t rule out the WBC throwing some kind of curveball to stop that mandatory taking place next year.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63887 on: August 23, 2020, 03:29:18 pm »
I expect Whyte to win the rematch and presume that they’ll want to get that done before Fury/Wilder 3. Wouldn’t rule out the WBC throwing some kind of curveball to stop that mandatory taking place next year.

Hearn was saying Whyte will be called as next in line if he wins and so he should do.

WBC are as corrupt as they come as you can see by seeing the way Canelo is allowed to just do a Floyd aka cherry picking.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63888 on: August 23, 2020, 09:10:38 pm »

Well it has changed because no doubt if Fury and AJ win their fights then them two will jusrt fight each other and agree a rematch.

So, no matter even if Wyte wins his rematch if will have to wait even more.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63889 on: August 23, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »
Well it has changed because no doubt if Fury and AJ win their fights then them two will jusrt fight each other and agree a rematch.

So, no matter even if Wyte wins his rematch if will have to wait even more.

No dont think that is correct whatever happens Whyte gets a shot at WBC and so he should if he wins.

Fury can fight AJ but he will probably have to give up the WBC belt I dont see him doing that though.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63890 on: August 23, 2020, 10:03:50 pm »
No dont think that is correct whatever happens Whyte gets a shot at WBC and so he should if he wins.

Fury can fight AJ but he will probably have to give up the WBC belt I dont see him doing that though.

If he won last night yet..he lost. So currently he isn't number 1 to get a shot.

If he won last night then talks would have had to start this week with Fury/Wider but he didn't so nothing to talk about and it will allow Fury & AJ to get their fights in and sort a deal out if they both win.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63891 on: August 23, 2020, 10:05:08 pm »
Fordy, you fucker, Eddie confirmed if Dillion wins the rematch he's still the #1 WBC contender. I don't know why you arguing with what the actual fuckin' promoter has confirmed. ;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63892 on: August 23, 2020, 10:17:05 pm »
If he won last night yet..he lost. So currently he isn't number 1 to get a shot.

If he won last night then talks would have had to start this week with Fury/Wider but he didn't so nothing to talk about and it will allow Fury & AJ to get their fights in and sort a deal out if they both win.

I don’t think so as Whyte will fight Povetkin before Fury v Wilder happens.

As I said Fury and AJ can do as they please nobody can stop that but Whyte provided he beats Povetkin SHOULD be fighting for the WBC and I think most people know that.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63893 on: August 23, 2020, 10:22:02 pm »
Unifications trump other title fights as far as I know though, correct me if I'm wrong?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63894 on: August 23, 2020, 10:22:49 pm »
Fordy, you fucker, Eddie confirmed if Dillion wins the rematch he's still the #1 WBC contender. I don't know why you arguing with what the actual fuckin' promoter has confirmed. ;D

Don't you dare have a go at me today. I have spent all day getting cock and pussy pics off my laptop that kept popping up due to that link you sent us all last night.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63895 on: August 23, 2020, 10:24:30 pm »
I don’t think so as Whyte will fight Povetkin before Fury v Wilder happens.

As I said Fury and AJ can do as they please nobody can stop that but Whyte provided he beats Povetkin SHOULD be fighting for the WBC and I think most people know that.

Should but won't and I don't care what Eddie says. He want's AJ V Fury with nothing getting in the way of that.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63896 on: August 23, 2020, 10:26:08 pm »
Unifications trump other title fights as far as I know though, correct me if I'm wrong?

They do but Whyte has waited over 3 years I don’t see how they can legally allow it to happen without giving him serious step aside money.

Fury v AJ is not happening until at least July 2021 and that is being optimistic.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63897 on: August 23, 2020, 10:29:41 pm »
They do but Whyte has waited over 3 years I don’t see how they can legally allow it to happen without giving him serious step aside money.

Fury v AJ is not happening until at least July 2021 and that is being optimistic.

Its easy. Whoever wins the fight and the rematch will have to drop the belts sooner or later, Whyte will fight for that when its vacant.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63898 on: August 23, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
Don't you dare have a go at me today. I have spent all day getting cock and pussy pics off my laptop that kept popping up due to that link you sent us all last night.

:lmao :lmao

Adblock you  fucker or any other software programmes that blocks unwanted ads.  I say this evreytime.  ;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63899 on: August 23, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »
Its easy. Whoever wins the fight and the rematch will have to drop the belts sooner or later, Whyte will fight for that when its vacant.

True but AJ will only want to fight Fury if he has the WBC as he wants all 4 belts.

The spanner in the works is Wilder landing a haymaker on Fury and making it 1-1 after 3 fights.

I don’t see Fury losing though he imo has beaten Wilder easily in both fights so far.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63900 on: August 23, 2020, 10:40:36 pm »
True but AJ will only want to fight Fury if he has the WBC as he wants all 4 belts.

Which he will have for the unification fights unless he loses to Wilder like you said. Vacations will only happen after that I think

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63901 on: August 24, 2020, 08:22:54 am »

Yes, for all 4 of the sancitoning bodies.

Rematches also have priority for all of them except one.  Forget which, but it's not the WBC.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63902 on: August 25, 2020, 10:55:26 pm »
Whyte-Povetkin fight if anybody wants to watch again. You can skip the first 13 minutes. One thing I didn’t clock was that Whyte put Povetkin down the second time with a left uppercut, the same shot he got nailed with. Also Matt Macklin was saying after that Povetkin’s corner wanted to pull him out of the bout after round 4.

https://youtu.be/Hex9U_tWXuw

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63903 on: August 26, 2020, 01:23:00 pm »
Tszyu's lad looking pretty good here. Giving Horn a belting.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63904 on: August 26, 2020, 02:40:42 pm »
Lee Selby's world-title elimination fight with George Kambosos in Cardiff has been cancelled.

https://bbc.in/32r8eHM

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #63905 on: August 29, 2020, 09:33:16 pm »
How much has Sunny Edwards been paid to have his hair done like that?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63906 on: August 29, 2020, 09:34:02 pm »
 ;D

You watching this shite mate? Pair of sad fuckers we are.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #63907 on: August 29, 2020, 09:36:12 pm »
;D

You watching this shite mate? Pair of sad fuckers we are.

Fuck all on tonight.

Mostly watching it for the Tyson Fury update. Looks fit and ready to go.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63908 on: August 29, 2020, 09:48:44 pm »
Glad I'm not the only mug watching this.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63909 on: August 29, 2020, 10:20:19 pm »
I know it's a late replacement and all that, but the opponent for Dubois tonight:

- has never fought outside the Netherlands
- is stepping up from cruiserweight
- has a 42% KO rate
- had his last fight against a guy with 1 win in 6 and an overall record of 7-13-2
- is 49-1 against with the bookies

Won't be a late night tonight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63910 on: August 29, 2020, 10:21:13 pm »
Fordy would give Dubois a better fight than the late bum Warren found.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63911 on: August 29, 2020, 10:40:33 pm »
Just the 2 stone weight difference...

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63912 on: August 29, 2020, 10:47:19 pm »
So the Dutch heavyweight title must be slightly below the Maltese version in terms of prestige...

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63913 on: August 29, 2020, 10:50:37 pm »
Looking forward to watching Dubois fighting a live opponent in Joe Joyce. Rather than Latvian road sweepers & Nathan Gorman. His opponent couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. That was embarrassing.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63914 on: August 29, 2020, 10:58:27 pm »
Brilliant work from Frank finding this bum. Well done you old bastard.  ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63915 on: August 29, 2020, 11:02:26 pm »

ha ha A Frank special.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63916 on: August 29, 2020, 11:03:01 pm »
Looking forward to watching Dubois fighting a live opponent in Joe Joyce. Rather than Latvian road sweepers & Nathan Gorman. His opponent couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. That was embarrassing.

Can't believe I even watched it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63917 on: August 30, 2020, 12:10:39 am »
Can't believe I even watched it.

It was reminiscent of the 2 tick over fights that David Haye had before he fought Tony Bellew.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #63918 on: August 30, 2020, 10:38:26 pm »
We all know Frank begins by looking for doormen that look a bit hard, then he checks out late night scrappers outside the chippy. Occasionally, he'll pop into a gym to see if anyone there can hit a heavy bag. Then he offers them a few quid and the chance to get a hiding on live TV. It is genius tbf.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63919 on: September 4, 2020, 08:31:13 pm »
Fordy come get your man.  He's talking shit yet again.