Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1375623 times)

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2006, 05:38:57 pm »
right THESE 2 banners i am starting to MAKE from MONDAY with my textiles teacher helping me with Materials

Does your  textiles teacher happen to be a manc?

I like the way you've used manc colours as a sneaky dig at them. Clever that

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2006, 05:40:27 pm »
Maybe if he'd put just 1 Liverbird, on the left only, it would give some more space for the text. The text could be made to look like a block, so everything is as big as the rest.  And drop eather the top line or the LFC at the bottom, it's just too much.
Yeah, definitely ditch the backwards liverbird. I always think it looks shite having them facing right anyway. As Ron & bez said, you could lose the Liverpool FC and the banner would still make sense but would give you more space to get the letters a decent size.  Seems like the banner will have to be fucking massive but just try to keep it simple and well laid out.

Good luck with making it, I know a lot of people have been having a pisstake about some of your ideas (myself included) but fair play for wanting to  getting your arse in gear and make one. Admirable support for the reds from a young lad like yourself.

Hope it works out, look forward to seeing it at the match (possibly covering the entire stand :P)
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2006, 05:40:50 pm »
Nice one sir, good points I'll get them sorted. Something else I was wondering, I was unsure whether to stick an eye on it? As I say I was going down the road of it being a more abstracted liverbird but should it have a mince pie?

I thought of that myself, but decided it was only a minor point. Deffo wouldn't hurt, and easy enough to fill in later if it didn't work, I should think. I get where you're coming from, but I actually think to make it a little less abstracted might be more effective.

Overall I think it has a lot of mileage as a design by the way, not sure if that came across, but I wouldn't be writing so much about it if I didn't.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2006, 05:50:48 pm »
Hope you don't mind purch, just tidied your idea up a bit...

:wave

YNWA

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2006, 05:59:25 pm »
dunno if it's banner material but i like it  ;D
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2006, 05:59:50 pm »

YNWA

Thats good. How about each cup on the banner (instead of text or numbers) covering most of the banner. Then at the bottom

WE'RE GUNNA NEED A BIGGER BANNER
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2006, 06:03:32 pm »
Thats good. How about each cup on the banner (instead of text or numbers) covering most of the banner. Then at the bottom

WE'RE GUNNA NEED A BIGGER BANNER

Great idea. Might be a bit of an arse fitting all the trophies on and making it look good though.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2006, 06:05:23 pm »
NO i am keeping MY DESIGN just tidy it up maybe ok
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2006, 06:07:44 pm »
Sorted you mate ^ ^ ^, without touching your design :wave!

YNWA

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2006, 06:07:47 pm »

Bit of advice mate, read this thread, every reply after one of your banners has been sarcastic. So either take the advice on bored and create a decent banner. Or Dont and make one of your sshite attempts. Sorry but it had to be said, if your plaaning that 4 teams bollocks, do us all a favour- dont bother.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2006, 06:09:50 pm »
finei wont do it then
just do the Anfield heros OK

Offline bluehater

• Kemlynite
  • We're all laughing at Everton
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2006, 06:25:56 pm »
Bit of advice mate, read this thread, every reply after one of your banners has been sarcastic. So either take the advice on bored and create a decent banner. Or Dont and make one of your sshite attempts. Sorry but it had to be said, if your plaaning that 4 teams bollocks, do us all a favour- dont bother.

Here Here :butt
Hate is a strong word and as such should be saved for mancs

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2006, 06:31:45 pm »
and to think i got slated for having an opinion ::)
Red for life

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2006, 07:02:39 pm »
finei wont do it then
just do the Anfield heros OK

Well in mate.

Enough piss-taking from me.  Your final banner idea is a pretty decent one, just tidy up as some of the respected designers have suggested, and it will work fine.

Drop the other idea...  concentrate on making 1 decent, colourful banner, and you'll be fine!

Good luck.

Offline benhamilton

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2006, 07:04:10 pm »
i was thinkin about gettin the faces of pepe, luis, xabi, nando and rafa onto a huge spanish flag. in the same kind of style as the alonso / basque flag one.

what you think?

can you think of a good one liner to put underneath the pics aswell?
The Kop is a spirit, an attitude, the heart and soul of Liverpool F.C. No-one owns it, but together we are a legion, a force like no other."

Offline Calftownred.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2006, 07:34:20 pm »
i was thinkin about gettin the faces of pepe, luis, xabi, nando and rafa onto a huge spanish flag. in the same kind of style as the alonso / basque flag one.

what you think?

can you think of a good one liner to put underneath the pics aswell?

don't know if it's any good, but:

The 'bul fighters

if you drop pepe and nando of course
Make us dream

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2006, 07:38:09 pm »

YNWA

Keep the middle in this order it looks much better,  The idea of the cups instead of words is fine, but will have to be big.  Here is an example from my england flag which needs updating!!!  Dont bother with the KFS shit it is purely for international and it winds the mancs up to F**k.  Also it shines above place names and reminds everybody of the most successful club in england.

PS. 1 liverbird will look much better facing the lcorrect way
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2006, 07:48:46 pm »
thanks howhard i'll make MY design as my teacher STARTED that LAST NIGHT ok sorry it's already in preparation
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 07:54:43 pm by anfieldpurch »

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2006, 07:54:06 pm »
thanks fletch i'll make MY design as my teacher STARTED that LAST NIGHT ok sorry it's already in preparation

Never trust a teacher they are bastards, I am one.  The use of my classroom was invaluable though to make mine.  You will also have the use of a OHP.
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2006, 07:54:15 pm »
Fletcher,

I like the general design, and the reference to the Phoenix.  So would stick with the flames.

I'm not sure if it needs the standard templated Liverbirds either side of it, in my opinion not, but perhaps it gives better composition.

Agree with Zigackly about the "feathering" of the wings.  I couldn't draw it, not a good enough artist, but if you can get a design that works, then do it that way.

Oh, and give it an eye.  Just take a standard bird type eye I guess.  Not sure on the colour of it.

As for the quotes.  Bastion is the better one I think.

Offline waffle

• Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2006, 07:56:24 pm »
Not too Xabi.
Alonso

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2006, 08:05:07 pm »
Fletcher,

I like the general design, and the reference to the Phoenix.  So would stick with the flames.

I'm not sure if it needs the standard templated Liverbirds either side of it, in my opinion not, but perhaps it gives better composition.

Agree with Zigackly about the "feathering" of the wings.  I couldn't draw it, not a good enough artist, but if you can get a design that works, then do it that way.

Oh, and give it an eye.  Just take a standard bird type eye I guess.  Not sure on the colour of it.

As for the quotes.  Bastion is the better one I think.

Cheers fella, I'll deffo sort them wings out. I prefer the Bastion one as do others who have commented so that looks to be staying. I know what you mean about the two smaller liverbirds so I'll stick one up with nothing there to see what people think. Just a bit worried about those spaces??
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2006, 08:26:44 pm »
Cheers fella, I'll deffo sort them wings out. I prefer the Bastion one as do others who have commented so that looks to be staying. I know what you mean about the two smaller liverbirds so I'll stick one up with nothing there to see what people think. Just a bit worried about those spaces??

Would it work if you moved Shankly's face into the space, or do you want him looking down from a "Heavenly angle" ?  Or you could make the cups a bit bigger and with less overlap, thus pushing the dark red area outwards ?

Oh, and I always reckoned you were a bit older than me.  Checked your profile - when you were a nipper do you switch allegiance after Holding chucked the Blueshite out of Anfield ?

Offline Mozza

• Anny Roader
  • B E L I E V E
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2006, 02:25:52 pm »
The thing is lad we all know what goes on and a lot of us have experienced it first hand, myself included. But I never sing those songs and I'd never take a banner like the Best one above. Why? Because I am better than that. Sure, if you come face to face with them before or after the game you know what they want and yes then , maybe shit happens but there is a line that in my opinion anyway should not be crossed.

Just because you know they will taunt us with their predictable filth doesn't mean we should do the same. I used to think that if we didn't it was a serious loss of face. Bollocks, you live and learn and for as long as you have your mentality that it will always be the way it is then it always will be because you're actively keeping it alive! If they start singing "the hills are alive" should we respond with "the sound of music"?

Growing up I idolised King Kenny, he was in every way the perfect role model. I tried to play like him, I had his name on the back of me shirt and my prized possession for a while was my "Kenny Coat" the red and grey one with the big adidas logo on the back that he used to wear even in September. I've since seen him many a time sitting in the stands watching us as we take on the mancs while these sick chants have been exchanged back & forth and I often wonder how he feels, not to mention the families. I also remember the horrified look on his face that terrible day in April 89.

This shit won't go on forever unless you want it to and to want it to is a crime!

We can be bitter or we can be better..........be better mate!

Class post.
And the things that can make us better are Humility, Respect & Dignity....always.
Rising above with class is always the answer.
With blindness you follow....

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2006, 02:48:19 pm »
ive always respected the majority of us who have a maassive respect for the way we conducted ourselves post hillsborough and the way other fans around the country returned that respect by putting almost all the fighting at matches behind us....a much friendlier match mentality rose from the ashes....we do the friendly bit best and fans around the world lov us for that
i was tlking to a man u fan a few weeks ago...friend of a friend who just loves the game and amid the rivalry has utter respect for lverpool fc and its fans for what most of us are all about...he got his phone out and showed me a photo of a liverpool shirt outside Old Trafford in amongst the shrine of respect of flowers and shirhts and scarves left at the ground....he was touched in the same way that i was at anfield when i saw rivals(and manu) stuff outside anfield,post hillsborough!....i think it will be sad of us so called brilliant friendly passionate fans to take advantage of the  death of what was to me a great footballer and very funny  man in george best....after all besty had a lot o respect for us and the club....i know that coz i kowpeople who knew him....if we have a go at besty on sunday....WHERE HAVING A GO AT OURSELVES !!...your choice
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2006, 02:58:45 pm »
i know loads of peope who football aside ,come to lverpool city center for a night out on a saturday(outsiders obviously) and love the friendlyness of us lot....the same people hate manchester nights out coz of the hostility ,even to their own ....they fight amongst themselves.....were not like that....were harder!....we dont have to prove to anyone how fuckin hard we are coz we and everyone else knows what were all about...we can mix it with the rest o them but we choose not to....coz were better than that...we love a laugh,we re passion ate about our team and our own!...and the one thing that gets right up the mancs noses is they are so fuckin jealous of us coz everyone loves us and hates them...because of the above....dont spoil it !!

Offline 0halfs

• Main Stander
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2006, 03:14:15 pm »
i know loads of peope who football aside ,come to lverpool city center for a night out on a saturday(outsiders obviously) and love the friendlyness of us lot....the same people hate manchester nights out coz of the hostility ,even to their own ....they fight amongst themselves.....were not like that....were harder!....we dont have to prove to anyone how fuckin hard we are coz we and everyone else knows what were all about...we can mix it with the rest o them but we choose not to....coz were better than that...we love a laugh,we re passion ate about our team and our own!...and the one thing that gets right up the mancs noses is they are so fuckin jealous of us coz everyone loves us and hates them...because of the above....dont spoil it !!
firstly that in my opinion is very wrong, theres loads of aggro in town at nights and mainly scousers fighting imo.

to take advantage of the  death of what was to me a great footballer and very funny  man in george best
secondly, george best, boss footballer sound yer, but he was an alcoholic wife beating pathetic excuse for a man, maybe if you knew someone who needs a liver to survive, and you see people like him wastying them and getting to the front of the list cos hes got dough, then maybe youd change your mind, this c*nt deserves no respect, however hes brown bread now so slagging him off is only going to upset his close ones, which isnt right.
funny that carlsberg banner tho!
RTK
Keep fans scouse

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2006, 03:35:46 pm »
What about a banner like this:

"WHAT WE ACHIEVE IN LIFE...

ECHOES IN ETERNITY"

Of course i don't mean putting the pics as they are on the banner but they would look good sketchurised or something.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:57:47 am by _Redman »

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2006, 03:45:17 pm »
kristian....there's a blind and deaf social club tucked around the back of tj hughes's who does a fair pint for a couple of sheckles...but youve gotta play t he part well to get in !...

there are psychological reasons for why people (alcoholics) drink to excess through no fault of their own and although i dont condone everything that best has done over the years ,none of us our perfect are we?....that aside,there are a lot of good things about george best that makes me and lots of others like the guy....my glass is half full you might think but thats the way i prefer it...thats why i dont support everton...talking about bitter .....kristian...get the beers in.. ;)

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2006, 07:28:16 pm »
What about a banner like this:
Quick mock-up...

Although I think there already is a famous "What we achieve in life" banner, although I haven't seen it for a while.

YNWA

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2006, 05:28:28 am »
Ah c'mon even best would see the irony an funny side in the carlsberg thing I posted!

Not really a banner this more of a signature from a idea posted before

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:54 am »
anyone taking somthing like 'Anfield Is The Theatre Of Reality' for todays game? hope theres alot of cut out european cups along with banners with them on it for todays game. Not every game we go to old trafford as European Champions
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2006, 10:28:51 am »

Dear God!   :duh

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2006, 10:31:09 am »
Quick mock-up...

Although I think there already is a famous "What we achieve in life" banner, although I haven't seen it for a while.

YNWA

Yeah something like that mate.I just didn't know how to do it.You're the photoshop master!  ;)

Looks good to me.What do u think??
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:36:52 am by _Redman »

Offline MyIronLung

• Anny Roader
  • This won't hurt a bit.
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2006, 11:55:13 am »
mmmmmm beer:

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2006, 01:37:33 pm »
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2006, 01:49:05 pm »

Dear God!   :duh

Cos it's out of date or because it's an 'England flag'?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline urchins

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Urchins on Tour!!!
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2006, 02:23:28 pm »
Currently getting this banner made, should be ready in 2 weeks time! ;D

Cant show you the file, too large sorry.

< ---------- 8 ft ---------- >
. 5 ft

NORRIS GREEN REDS
 USE PASSPORTS

(HILLSBOROUGH FLAME, JUSTICE)

NORRIS GREEN BLUES
 USE ZONE TICKETS

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2006, 02:47:52 pm »
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2006, 02:49:20 pm »
Currently getting this banner made, should be ready in 2 weeks time! ;D

Cant show you the file, too large sorry.

< ---------- 8 ft ---------- >
. 5 ft

NORRIS GREEN REDS
 USE PASSPORTS

(HILLSBOROUGH FLAME, JUSTICE)

NORRIS GREEN BLUES
 USE ZONE TICKETS

Too much like an old favourite.Sorry but it's a 'copy cat' job.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.