Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 729088 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #3080 on: October 8, 2013, 07:02:44 pm »
PR all throughout. Luis saying all the right things... ::)

I don't care. As it's been said, just score the goals to get us into the CL, and we'll see what happens afterwars. Brilliant player! That's all.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3081 on: October 8, 2013, 07:12:22 pm »
Don't care about what he has to say anymore.

Just score goals.
Can't see why people get any hope of "ooh I wonder if he'll stay after".

Didn't he came up with similar dreamy things the morning before the bite game?

Goals are the only PR there should be to appease anyone.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3082 on: October 8, 2013, 08:26:23 pm »
Suarez the player i rate, Suarez the man i do not, and i rate this club higher than any player,( even the great guy in the stands)  hope you understand now hey?

Chill out fella and nice try!
But LFC 4 a While's posts haven't been about the man, they've been about stats and his contribution over so many games, and his posts have nearly outnumbered the supposed mob you describe. But you're happy to weigh in again with you're already acknowledged disdain for Luis. We know your contempt.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3083 on: October 8, 2013, 09:31:26 pm »

But LFC 4 a While's posts haven't been about the man, they've been about stats and his contribution over so many games, and his posts have nearly outnumbered the supposed mob you describe. But you're happy to weigh in again with you're already acknowledged disdain for Luis. We know your contempt.

::) :wave

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3084 on: October 8, 2013, 09:45:44 pm »
Aye yer right there lad, we had to pick coal 6 o'clock in mornin' so as colliery boses wouldn't see us. If not we had to sit by light a the flicker of a lone candle and 'ave sawdust fer us tea...aye it where tough in those days my lad..
Yawn...boring old Monty Python routines aside.....some of us on here actually do receive the Winter Fuel Allowance etc.  so maybe you think it is OK to laugh at older people, some of whom risked their lives  in Wars to  ensure the likes of you can act fuckin soft and try and be funny at their expense.

But eh!  Calm Down, Calm Down eh?
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3085 on: October 8, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
As I've said since the summer, this year is simply a business arrangement for both of us (Suarez and LFC).

He's off next summer, and don't be foolish enough to think otherwise. All this PR bullshit is being directly targeted towards Spain, not the Kop.

Score goals, don't do anything stupid, get us CL, increase your value and off you go. We'll get someone else to partner Danny.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: October 8, 2013, 09:54:49 pm »
As I've said since the summer, this year is simply a business arrangement for both of us (Suarez and LFC).

He's off next summer, and don't be foolish enough to think otherwise. All this PR bullshit is being directly targeted towards Spain, not the Kop.

Score goals, don't do anything stupid, get us CL, increase your value and off you go. We'll get someone else to partner Danny.

Costa will do nicely ;)

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3087 on: October 8, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »

Absolutely .....and he has probably been bunged a bit  more bunce plus the improved exchange rate as I mentioned above and  we are all lookin on the bright side of life....

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3088 on: October 8, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »
Costa will do nicely ;)
they may prefer starbucks
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: October 8, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »
they may prefer starbucks
Ayre looks more of a Camp man, I think.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3090 on: October 8, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »
Costa will do nicely ;)

Too right!

Going for him in the summer (and his subsequent form this year) shows that Brendan and his transfer committee really have an eye for player, hopefully that continues.

They now have a year to find the right player to replace Suarez, I hope they're already working on it!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3091 on: October 8, 2013, 10:15:45 pm »

Couldn't have put it any better.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Captain_Fantastic08

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3092 on: October 8, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »
Was thinking about this scenario last night, wanted to see what you lads thought.

Say Liverpool agree some sort of deal with Madrid for Suarez in the January window for loads of money. Any way they could arrange it so that he doesn't move until the summer, even though the transfer was agreed in the winter window? Not sure if it's possible but it might not be a bad punt for Pool if it's doable. Get a hefty fee for Luis, get his production to help make that CL push, then have all summer to recoup his talent or at least try to come close.

Now granted, I would rather the man never put on another shirt in his life then the Liverpool one but just thinking about what may be inevitable.
"When I die, don't bring me to the hospital. Bring me to Anfield. I was born there and will die there." -Steven Gerrard

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: October 8, 2013, 10:32:22 pm »
So am I the only one who thinks that if we make top 4 this season he is staying? I don't think he has a problem with Liverpool the club or the city. The main reason he wants to go Real is because of Champions League football and the size of their club. He clearly has no problem with England because he was willing to go Arsenal, a team in the Champions League.

Anyways really hope we keep him, amazing little player who always gives his all. He just needs to carry on scoring all them goals and keep his interviews down to a minimum.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3094 on: October 8, 2013, 10:40:35 pm »
Was thinking about this scenario last night, wanted to see what you lads thought.

Say Liverpool agree some sort of deal with Madrid for Suarez in the January window for loads of money. Any way they could arrange it so that he doesn't move until the summer, even though the transfer was agreed in the winter window? Not sure if it's possible but it might not be a bad punt for Pool if it's doable. Get a hefty fee for Luis, get his production to help make that CL push, then have all summer to recoup his talent or at least try to come close.

Now granted, I would rather the man never put on another shirt in his life then the Liverpool one but just thinking about what may be inevitable.
Nah mate they'll want him to help them with the CL push. I think they may come in with something like 50mil in January hopefully with a few kids thrown in (I'm looking at you Morata)  but there isn't much point speculating.

So am I the only one who thinks that if we make top 4 this season he is staying? I don't think he has a problem with Liverpool the club or the city. The main reason he wants to go Real is because of Champions League football and the size of their club. He clearly has no problem with England because he was willing to go Arsenal, a team in the Champions League.

Anyways really hope we keep him, amazing little player who always gives his all. He just needs to carry on scoring all them goals and keep his interviews down to a minimum.

Even if we win the league I think he's gone come the summer. He has family living in Spain, the weather and the culture there probably suits him more.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: October 8, 2013, 10:52:10 pm »
Question: are posters on here as angry at Suarez for bringing his kids on the pitch without the club's permission as they were at Carra when he brought his son along for the Carling Cup final celebrations?

Uruguayan striker Suarez said: "In England, it is not common and, at first, club people told me I was not going to go - but I told them my children were going to come with me, like it or not.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-luis-suarez-family-calmed-2351265

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3096 on: October 8, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »

In fairness to Suarez, he has has been open that his main ambition is to play in Spain.

I think just before he signed he said something along the lines of "if my next move isn't to Spain, the one after will".

I have no problem with him leaving, especially after he has come back in and given 100%. I just hope he doesn't try the same shite next summer.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3097 on: October 8, 2013, 11:06:38 pm »
Uruguayan striker Suarez said: "In England, it is not common and, at first, club people told me I was not going to go - but I told them my children were going to come with me, like it or not.

That didn't sit right with me when I read it, in all honesty. Just the 'like it or not' bit. Fair enough if you want to have your kids with you, it's all well intentioned and that, but the whole 'I'm going to take my children on there and the club can do nothing about it' sort of attitude doesn't really work for me. Might be overreacting, but I don't expect any different from Suarez.

Still love him as a player though.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3098 on: October 8, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »
Question: are posters on here as angry at Suarez for bringing his kids on the pitch without the club's permission as they were at Carra when he brought his son along for the Carling Cup final celebrations?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-luis-suarez-family-calmed-2351265

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I didn't agree with either.

Having a random kid there when we were celebrating a cup win was particularly embarrassing though. I hope that doesn't set a horrible precedent.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3099 on: October 8, 2013, 11:20:03 pm »
Considering there are so many people in this thread who aren't arsed what he does as he has burnt his bridges, then why the fuck do you feel the need to post in said fucking thread. Sick of opening this thread to read a bit of news about Luis only to find the thread being derailed by people who although aren't arsed can't stop telling who ever will fucking listen how much they're not arsed.

Offline Reds and Revs

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3100 on: October 8, 2013, 11:26:19 pm »
In fairness to Suarez, he has has been open that his main ambition is to play in Spain.

I think just before he signed he said something along the lines of "if my next move isn't to Spain, the one after will".

I have no problem with him leaving, especially after he has come back in and given 100%. I just hope he doesn't try the same shite next summer.

Bingo, and I don't know why any one is talking about a fee that is less than Bale.

If he has another great season without any complications. His fee should be more.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: October 8, 2013, 11:30:15 pm »
I didn't agree with either.

Having a random kid there when we were celebrating a cup win was particularly embarrassing though. I hope that doesn't set a horrible precedent.
In Uruguay all the players bring their kids on to the pitch at the team introduction. Even when there are thousands of pyro going off. Luis was just excited because of his newborn son. It will be a story to tell his kid. Who knows, it will probably make the little scouser a die hard LFC fan.

Last time I was in the Centenario...

« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 12:04:21 am by juan1001 »

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: October 8, 2013, 11:34:48 pm »

He's putting another shirt on Friday. And again a week today.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3103 on: October 8, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »
In Uruguay all the players bring their kids on to the pitch at the team introduction. Even when there are thousands of pyro going off. Luis was just excited because of his newborn son. It will be a story to tell his kid. Who knows, it will probably make the little scouser a die hard LFC fan.

It wasn't that big a deal, and I suppose it's fair enough with his new born son. But just because it's done in Uruguay doesn't mean he has the right to do it here. Fair enough doing it the once but it shouldn't be a regular thing, which I doubt it will.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: October 8, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »
It wasn't that big a deal, and I suppose it's fair enough with his new born son. But just because it's done in Uruguay doesn't mean he has the right to do it here. Fair enough doing it the once but it shouldn't be a regular thing, which I doubt it will.
It won't.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: October 8, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »
That didn't sit right with me when I read it, in all honesty. Just the 'like it or not' bit. Fair enough if you want to have your kids with you, it's all well intentioned and that, but the whole 'I'm going to take my children on there and the club can do nothing about it' sort of attitude doesn't really work for me. Might be overreacting, but I don't expect any different from Suarez.

Still love him as a player though.

Felt exactly the same when I read it too. I was reading the interview and thinking great it's all positive stuff then I read the whole "like it or not" and was like there it is. There's that little moment of controversy. Ahh well, it was almost the perfect interview.

Think Luis needs a personal PR man to follow him around when he does interviews, especially them ones away with Uruguay  ;)
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3106 on: October 8, 2013, 11:41:16 pm »
Out of interest Juan, do you feel a move to Spain at the end of the season is inevitable too?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3107 on: October 8, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
Felt exactly the same when I read it too. I was reading the interview and thinking great it's all positive stuff then I read the whole "like it or not" and was like there it is. There's that little moment of controversy. Ahh well, it was almost the perfect interview.

Think Luis needs a personal PR man to follow him around when he does interviews, especially them ones away with Uruguay  ;)

Or maybe his PR is spot on - "Big bad Liverpool wouldn't give me a move in the summer and now big bad Liverpool wouldn't let me take my newborn son onto the pitch which is a tradition in my homeland, poor me but I'll struggle on..."

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #3108 on: October 9, 2013, 12:07:00 am »
Something tells me he would have preferred if he was a Cockney and an AFC fan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: October 9, 2013, 12:08:46 am »

Precisely.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: October 9, 2013, 12:15:05 am »
Out of interest Juan, do you feel a move to Spain at the end of the season is inevitable too?
No. It's not inevitable. If we qualify for CL it's highly debatable that he goes.
The better we do, the higher the chance he'll stay. The fact that his son was born in Liverpool is a big factor. He will always be tied to the city weather he likes it or not. And if he keeps out of trouble and the press & country warm up to him, it will also be a big plus.
Personally, I hope he stays.
As a Uruguayan I can assure you that he would rather end up being a legend for LFC, than a me too player for Madrid.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 12:26:19 am by juan1001 »

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3111 on: October 9, 2013, 12:37:23 am »
No. It's not inevitable. If we qualify for CL it's highly debatable that he goes.
The better we do, the higher the chance he'll stay. The fact that his son was born in Liverpool is a big factor. He will always be tied to the city weather he likes it or not. And if he keeps out of trouble and the press & country warm up to him, it will also be a big plus.
Personally, I hope he stays.
As a Uruguayan I can assure you that he would rather end up being a legend for LFC, than a me too player for Madrid.

I hope you're right, but everything that happened last summer makes me doubt it. Hasn't he always said it's his main ambition to play in Spain? I think he's even said before he signed with us.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: October 9, 2013, 12:51:30 am »
I hope you're right, but everything that happened last summer makes me doubt it. Hasn't he always said it's his main ambition to play in Spain? I think he's even said before he signed with us.
Where/when did he say that? First time I've heard that mentioned.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3113 on: October 9, 2013, 12:58:04 am »
Where/when did he say that? First time I've heard that mentioned.

Can't find a link with a quick google search mate, i'll have a better look tomorrow.

I remember it being said around the time he signed and being worried about it. Remember reading it through the summer too.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 01:25:04 am by tommyLFC »

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: October 9, 2013, 01:20:58 am »

Luis Suarez did say it'd be a dream to play for Barcelona whilst he was at Ajax saying La Liga is one of the biggest leagues in the world. But I don't think he's ever said his main ambition is to play in Spain. Cavani may have said it to the daily fail whilst he's currently in France though...
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: October 9, 2013, 01:30:24 am »
If we qualify for the CL, there's an argument to be made that we just let him run his contract down. Or wait for the last year's on it. I say that because we'd have the funds to buy top players, as well as the CL football to attract them. I trust that if Rodgers gets that opportunity, he'd really improve this squad. And if we do get back to CL football next season, it'd mean we have Suarez for what, another 2 years? Which means that there's 2 years to try and win the title. When you have the best player in the league (he's actually the only player on his level in this league I think), that becomes attainable.

Anyway, guess that's a debate for next summer if we make CL and the whole Suarez thing flares up again.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: October 9, 2013, 01:37:48 am »
Luis Suarez did say it'd be a dream to play for Barcelona whilst he was at Ajax saying La Liga is one of the biggest leagues in the world. But I don't think he's ever said his main ambition is to play in Spain. Cavani may have said it to the daily fail whilst he's currently in France though...
Well, it's true he's probably not all that fussed about playing for Elche or Granada.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: October 9, 2013, 01:40:11 am »
If we qualify for the CL, there's an argument to be made that we just let him run his contract down. Or wait for the last year's on it. I say that because we'd have the funds to buy top players, as well as the CL football to attract them. I trust that if Rodgers gets that opportunity, he'd really improve this squad. And if we do get back to CL football next season, it'd mean we have Suarez for what, another 2 years? Which means that there's 2 years to try and win the title. When you have the best player in the league (he's actually the only player on his level in this league I think), that becomes attainable.

Anyway, guess that's a debate for next summer if we make CL and the whole Suarez thing flares up again.
Another big factor in the summer will be the World Cup in Brasil.
If Luis has a good World Cup (if Uruguay qualify), then only a PL championship or 2nd place this year may keep him here.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 01:42:47 am by juan1001 »

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: October 9, 2013, 02:21:30 am »

Last time I was in the Centenario...

There are eleven kids there...Liverpool players should also bring their kids for a picture as soon as we win the championship.
It is good for a player to share his happiness with his family,the club and the fans.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 02:30:45 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3119 on: October 9, 2013, 02:28:41 am »
Bringing a kid at a handshake is fine, it shows that family and club go together. Bringing a kid to a trophy celebration is utterly embarrassing.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."