Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113700 times)

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #440 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:46 pm »
Piss poor first half effort.  We only starting playing after Carroll came on and completely changed formation.  Chelsea were not that great either first half but they looked comfortable since we sat back and didn't pressure them.  4-2-3-1 only works when the "2" can control everything.  Spearing and Henderson are just not capable of doing that against almost any team, it just isn't their strenght so not sure why Kenny played them or that formation.  We are thought the same thing before the match, even the commentators pointed it out before that start of the match.  Suarez is NOT a lone striker.

Basically have pride to play for on Tuesday since the season is basically over now.  Really not sure what needs to be done this summer.  For the first time ever I am finding myself doubting that Kenny is the right man.  He had a lot of choices today and all the talk about letting players play themselves into the line up was shit.  Sadly Spearing is just not good enough, period.  What is Henderson's best position?  Have we just never played him in it?  Just seems like he doesn't have the skill to make the needed pass or shot it on target.  Maybe it is just confidence.

Downing is just a puzzle... just can't come up for an answer on that one.  Kuyt and Maxi might leave, Bellamy is getting old and Henderson is not a winger.  We might need two new wingers!
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 07:49:37 pm by rkgriffin »

Offline BirdBrain

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:57 pm »
It wasn't a goal. Only 3/4 was over the line, which isn't enough.

Gutted about the result, we just didn't pass the ball enough or get Suarez into the game enough. Only positive was Carroll's impact

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
Dalglish is too negative. This isn't the first game this season where we have started with a negative system to contain.

Disagree. I don't think we're too negative under Kenny, I don't think we're much of anything - and that's the problem. There's no ethos. We play entirely differently from one game to the next.

One of the most concerning things this season is that quite often we've got better as the game has gone on - when any predefined tactics have gone out the window and we've played more off the cuff. That really, really doesn't reflect well.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #443 on: May 5, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
Think it was definatly in, get a replay that shows the exact moment of first touch cech's glove and a reply that it directly inline with the goal line and its just in, technology is needed!

and atleast were only 3 games away from the end of the season, were all this can be forgotten, good amount of changes in the summer :)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: May 5, 2012, 07:48:40 pm »
The fans of this club, deserve better.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: May 5, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »
Gerrard dropped deep to cover Spearing who couldn't was hopeless and not doing his job

tbf spearing was trying to close the ball down a lot with henderson either chasing back or ball watching.

just cant wait till lucas comes back.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 5, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »
linesman cant give it, it just gives some the excuse that we were robbed and we wernt

Well... we were.  The linesman can not be expected to see that, he is only human, but fact is that Carroll put the ball over the line and that should have counted - making the game 2-2.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #447 on: May 5, 2012, 07:49:20 pm »

+ 1 MILLION
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #448 on: May 5, 2012, 07:49:35 pm »
If that goal-line decision was given as a goal against us we would all be fuming.

We need to compete for 90 minutes instead of 30..dont understand why we got in gear when it was a bit too late.

What's really frustrating is that it's not as shocking as it used to be. We've been doing this to ourselves for over a year now.
YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #449 on: May 5, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »
This is incredibly frustrating.

So many on here saying the ball was definately in when that is clearly not the case - I only wish it was.  The whole of the ball has to be over the line and it clearly wasn't - there is no daylight between the ball and the post even if you allow for the angle of the video.

There are those calling for Kenny's head.  I'll tell you now and you heard it hear loud and clear - "THIS WOULD BE THE WORST DECISION THE CLUB COULD POSSIBLY MAKE AND WILL LEAVE US PLAYING CATCH UP FOR ANOTHER 20 FUCKING YEARS."

Finally, those smart-arses saying Carroll should have started - if he'd played half as well in even a few of the games this season as he did today, he'd have started the fucking match!  He's been pony and was on the bench deservedly.  It's such a shame he only really decided to turn up big style for a game today since the last time against Man City LAST SEASON!
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #450 on: May 5, 2012, 07:50:01 pm »
Fuck it, it was in.
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #451 on: May 5, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »
will be an interesting summer what ever happens

we certainly need 4 or 5 top class players in

please try more youngsters aswell next season

Offline zaphriel

• Main Stander
« Reply #452 on: May 5, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »
Sounds good to me.
Me too. When I find it popping up on youtube I will post.
Also previews of the liverpool documentary, again looks interesting. Apparently there are some football benefits of living stateside.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #453 on: May 5, 2012, 07:50:34 pm »
Positives: Carroll.

Negatives: The rest. Chief amongst; Reina really isn't looking the business these days. Reckon Doni would have kept out the first, and possibly made a better attempt at the other.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #454 on: May 5, 2012, 07:50:34 pm »
The FA were adamant Suarez was not to get a winners medal after all.

Sure they'll be having a little chuckle with their gin at the moment.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
Gerrard's performance topped an awful season for him
Don't fucking start on him just cos.we lost prick , skill wise no better than the rest but effort wise only Carroll topped him. Take it like this we didn't turn up until 60 mins + did well after that, wasn't enough, its fucking shit , I want to smash someones face in but there you are ,can't win them all, but why do people on here always have to slag Gerrard off. Do you honestly think he was thiking ' can't be arsed today might aswell let them have it', no he tried his best + if you think that's something to beat him down on then you can go and fuck yourself knobhead

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #456 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »
we let a soft goal in, then play the same way after and give them time and space for 60 min is where we lost the game. Kenny should be questioned for that. why were we set up that way when we were fresh and had more rest and time. We should have been pressuring them from the start and they would have been tired after 45min and wouldnt have scored so easily. oh well, hope Kenny has learnt something as well as the players.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline corky2005

• Boys Pen
« Reply #457 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »
In the car on way home PROUD
LIVERPOOL ARE MAGIC

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #458 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:24 pm »
We need another full-back who is as good as Johnston going forwards and who can get in a decent cross. We need a new midfield because it just hasn't been good enough.

Another forward would be nice but I'm quite happy that if Carroll tries then he's s good player.

We need to get rid of the poor attitude and come up fighting every game.

I don't know why we played one up front today as our midfield isn't quick enough to support.

#JFT97

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #459 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:25 pm »
Was in.

Fact.

Fuck Off .

In.

Fuck Off.

Again.
c*nts.

This.  It doesn't matter how long it was in...it was in. Period.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #460 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »
Me too. When I find it popping up on youtube I will post.
Also previews of the liverpool documentary, again looks interesting. Apparently there are some football benefits of living stateside.

Appreciate it - thanks.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »

Let's not be silly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
Probably a bit odd, but looking forward to the summer and next season already. One week away and we can regroup and sort ourselves out.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #463 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »
will be an interesting summer what ever happens

we certainly need 4 or 5 top class players in

please try more youngsters aswell next season
sad to say but what we need and who we can attract are two different things
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #464 on: May 5, 2012, 07:51:50 pm »
A lot of questions going to have to be asked now of a number of different members of staff and preparations for next season made.

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #465 on: May 5, 2012, 07:52:03 pm »
Carroll got really pissed when he was hearing that ridiculous shit chelsea fans were spitting. It made him turn super saiyan then he played like a monster. Wasn't enough though roll on next season..

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
« Reply #466 on: May 5, 2012, 07:52:33 pm »
It's such a shame he only really decided to turn up big style for a game today since the last time against Man City LAST SEASON!

A lot of horse shit that is. He's shown up for the better part of the season. It's only recent that he started hitting the back of the net.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #467 on: May 5, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »
If that goal-line decision was given as a goal against us we would all be fuming.

We need to compete for 90 minutes instead of 30..dont understand why we got in gear when it was a bit too late.

This.
We're going to win the league.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #468 on: May 5, 2012, 07:52:39 pm »
no matter how disaapointing it is too lose im not feeling that depressed.

Thanks to Carroll. that preformance had winning mentality from him. and what a prefromance it was. shame he didn't start... why didn't he start? Gerrard behind suarez didn't work. we waited 45 mins to change it.. terrible decision making.

But yeah.. we have a bright future. we still have sterling for next season who will develope into quality, Carroll continues, Suarez will be here.

One concer is Kenny... i fear he might get the boot. season over all wasn't good enough, hope he stays and can improve on it. and learn from the tactical mistakes, which have been to many of this season.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #469 on: May 5, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

Sure they'll be having a little chuckle with their gin at the moment.

Eh?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #470 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »
Andy Carroll has set himself a bench mark after that performance.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
We played stupid football during those five minutes of extra time, gave the ball away to easily and threw away all the hard work done up until then.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline trail182

• Main Stander
« Reply #472 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »
Shit happens. We've won one trophy.

At least we dont need a new no.9. Turns out the one we have is fucking awesome.

He was immense, well played Andy.  If only we had played the entire game like we did in the last 20 minutes or so...seems like we always do the same.

I dont feel as suicidal as I expected I would simply because of the last part of the game where we really made an effort.

For me, I really like Spearing, he's a great lad who plays with his heart but he just isn't good enough.  Downing showed some promising signs late on but was frustrating as usual for the rest of the game... plus he's still a shitbag.  Oh and what the fuck has happened to enrique in last few months?  I remember not so long ago thinking how awesome he was in defence and attack but lately he just seems to be a liability... and Henderson, again I like him but he was woefully disappointing, where does his 'amazing technique' go when he's on the pitch because all of his shots on goal were a joke.

Gerrard was brilliant though and thought the defence played well except perhaps for enrique who was disappointing.

Good effort though red men, proud of you despite the result.  Looking forward to next season....

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
Not that it matters now, it wasn't given and would have been difficult for the linesman to see from his angle, but for me was a goal.

Goal line technology cannot come soon enough - would have seen us playing extra time (probably).

EDIT: Not obvious in the above pic as I cropped it too much, but drawn line follows line up to other side of goal.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #474 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »

But then again quite a lot of the c*nts don't.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #475 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:54 pm »
Too many passengers for too much of the season. So disheartening to watch Chelsea pass it around like we weren't there first half. Think Kenny has been badly let down by a few players who I needn't name all year. I'd like to see us be ruthless with Downing and sell him for whatever we can get, because he's just an empty jersey most of the time.

The improvement in Carroll's play over the past couple of months has been really encouraging though, massive strides forward.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #476 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:55 pm »
It was probably in but we shouldn't really complain because we did absolutely nothing for most part of the game.

You're taking that lightly, er..... that 'goal' would have made it 2-2 not 5-1. Reckon we would have gone on to win it from there.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 5, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »
Well... we were.  The linesman can not be expected to see that, he is only human, but fact is that Carroll put the ball over the line and that should have counted - making the game 2-2.

Can you say you've been robbed if you take out your wallet, throw it on the ground, then go on a walkabout for an hour then come back to discover it's gone?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #478 on: May 5, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »
Probably a bit odd, but looking forward to the summer and next season already. One week away and we can regroup and sort ourselves out.

Yep. We just have to put up with the last 2 games and start afresh though I'd imagine the plans from behind the scenes are already in motion for the summertime.
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off

Offline JonnyTwoTimes

• Two Times. A good fella.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #479 on: May 5, 2012, 07:54:07 pm »
Wrong tactics, formation and starting line-up from the start in my opinion.

Suarez was very isolated up front with Gerrard dropping deep all the time.

We were set up so deep and defensive that we never looked like threatening when we did get the  ball.

As soon as Andy came on Suarez was freed up to link play, roam and be creative.

Would never have started Spearing, especially next to Henderson. Dirk for Spearing and Gerrard playing center mid would have been better imo. Or Andy C and Suarez up front from the start. Would have liked to have seen Maxi at some point too.

Hugely disappointing.  Am interested to hear what the owners have to say.