Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113700 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Full time - Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #400 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
Andy Carroll is probably the only reason Im not angry.  Superb performance, although I agreed with him not starting, he should of been on at half time.  Our two woeful central midfielder meant Gerrard had to drop deep, completely taking him and Suarez out of the game.

Well played Carroll, he'll make it here, and have as good a night as you can folks.  Ignore the news and get drunk.

Offline paiiv

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #401 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:48 pm »
We really made it easy for Chelsea.

Well done Carroll, though! A fine performance for him, shame he only got one goal for his efforts.

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: May 5, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »
That certainly looks in to me. At least it's a 50/50 decision and I think the linesman would have gotten the exact same reaction (albeit with the positions reversed) had he called it in.

Doesn't really matter though...we gave up two shit goals (at least Drogba's was a nice shot) and played like we didn't care for an hour. That lost us the match.

This.

It fucking sucks that the goal was disallowed but if we'd played like that for the hour preceding maybe we could've come away with something.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:05 pm »
Too little too late.

Just like against Cardiff, most of the players simply did not turn up.

In terms of tactics, motivation, player selection and substitions Dalglish has fallen way way short

If, and only if we there is a top class replacement Kenny needs to go for me.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »
Carroll was superb...THAT'S a player I can get behind, a nasty snarling beast who gives a fuck.

Can't complain about the starting line-up, but we were shit for an hour and I'd have fancied us in extra time.
Fine lines...it's all fine lines....

We failed to get men into the box, and of the ones who do make runs from midfield only Gerrard, Maxi & Shelvey look like they're going to score.

All of those people who think Lucas is going to make a big difference next season will be dissapointed IMO, it will probably take the whole of next season for him to get back to his previous form.

Alot of work to be done, but I think FSG have the ruthlessness to make the necessary changes

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

It was in.

At the moment of impact with Cech's hand thats definately in. Hairline decision, but it was over.

Now I'm even more mad  :no
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline smj86

• Sad Wanker
  • Main Stander
« Reply #406 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:17 pm »
cant believe we have to play them in anfield next..fucking gutted seeing meireles and torres lifting the cup!! i guess thats why they left liverpool for this plastic team
“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,”

Rafael Benitez

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #407 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »
Disappointed but I'm glad we showed some heart at the end.

Andy Carroll.  Immense immense immense.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »
Andy Carroll was brilliant. We was excellent after we scored.

Our tactics and line up at start of match were terribly wrong.

Offline xman2007

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Suarez Is Not A Racist!
« Reply #409 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:29 pm »
For me, Gerrard fucked us up in the 1st half, he kept dropping deep and isolating Suarez, seriosly should have left hendo and spearing to handle midfield and played off Suarez. 2nd half we were amazing and for me Carroll was an absolute beast, check my history not a part time fan, always had belief in the lad.

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #410 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »
Our midfield is a house of horrors.  Or ineptitude.  Whichever.  Cost us the game, and the season, really.

Spearing somehow has found a consistent spot on a squad two leagues above his level.  I just don't see how this is up for debate.  You can laud his effort, sure.  But the lad has such a gross lack of ability that...  Ugh, I don't want to say it.  He is what he is.  My blame goes more to Kenny for playing him. 

He's not the only one, of course.  Downing is a fantastic waste of 20 million.  And I would pay another club 15 million for them to allow Charlie Adam to handle all of their set pieces as an act of sabotage.  Useless player.  We miss Lucas tremendously but so much more is needed opposite him.

Henderson has room to grow, but he's been horribly mismanaged this season.  Horribly.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that we have one player in our entire squad that can consistently beat his man 1 on 1?  And that he has to do so despite getting next to no help on a weekly basis from his midfield?

I fear Kenny may have hinged his job to this final.  Hoping against the odds that he can find a way to turn it all around and lead us out of this mess.  Just not all that confident he is capable.  I certainly don't trust him with the funds this summer.

Devastated. 

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #411 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »
That fucking Geordie is a beast eh.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »
• The ball was over the line.

• Andy Carroll was absolutely immense.

• Jay Spearing is horrific. Lucas cannot get back soon enough.

• Disappointing end to a horrible, horrible season.

• (shut the fuck up about Rafa)

Agree with all these points apart from Carling Cup and our progress there.......We could of done better in the league but thats for another day....It was over the line

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #413 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
In the prematch thread I wax slated for saying that we should have had Carroll instead of Spearing since Spearing is useless.
I wanted
-----------------reina-----------------
Johnson---agger----skrtel----Enrique

----------gerrard----hendo----------
----downing---Suarez-----Bellamy
--------------Carroll---------------

But all thought this a stupid idea. Kenny, thanks for the CC and a great FA cup run but we need a change. We have a decent number of good players, now let's get a few world class players and a modern game manager. If Rafa comes back I'm cool with that but it does not have to be him at all. The league form has doomed the King unfortunately.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
linesman cant give it, it just gives some the excuse that we were robbed and we wernt
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »

It was in.

That doesn't look in to me.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #416 on: May 5, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
lol...you cant change the facts just to suit your point.

when the match stats come out well see

We'll see he crossed to no one for most of the game, how many of his crosses where in metre of a Liverpool player....10%?

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #417 on: May 5, 2012, 07:42:20 pm »
ohhh how i missed Lucas during the game!

Offline Georgia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #418 on: May 5, 2012, 07:42:20 pm »
Finally someone said it! 
What the f*** is the point of this debate?

Maybe it went in, maybe it didn't. Doesn't help us now.

We all mock Jose for continuing to be bitter about 2005, but all we should be discussing is our performance generally. Chelsea were better for the first hour, we were MUCH better for the last 30. Shame we couldn't force extra time but we have to learn from this and move on.

A shame for our as ever excellent fans that the players didn't turn up for so long, but we will be back. Need some investment in the summer, and press on for a top 4 spot next year.

This sums it up for me. Not feeling anything at the minute, just a bit tired of the same story. Roll on the next season! The fresh start will do us good.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #419 on: May 5, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
That doesn't look in to me.

Should've went to spec savers it was in.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline zaphriel

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: May 5, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »
Ok, in the UK did you get Werner's pre match interview vt? If not then let me know, was interesting.

Secondly, midfieldwise, why was Maxi not on in place of dumb and dumber?

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #421 on: May 5, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »
Ok, in the UK did you get Werner's pre match interview vt? If not then let me know, was interesting.

Secondly, midfieldwise, why was Maxi not on in place of dumb and dumber?

I didn't see the interview, what was said?
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 5, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »

What did he say?
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 5, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »
If Chelsea's v Spurs was in ours was fucking in.

Take a bow, Andy Carroll. Immense today. Hope he can kick on from it.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #424 on: May 5, 2012, 07:43:59 pm »

Didn't see it either.

Offline R_Ferns

• Kemlynite
« Reply #425 on: May 5, 2012, 07:44:04 pm »
Kenny started with the wrong team and formation today and I said that as soon as I saw the teamsheet. Playing Suarez upfront on his own is just stupid. Everytime we had the ball he was isolated and he just isn't the type of player who wants to hold the play up and pass it he just wants to run past players and score. Although he is worldclass, he cant receive the ball and wriggle his way through all of chelsea's defence. Gerrard couldnt play in the gap between the midfield and Suarez either because he was covering for Spearing who was pure toss. If Carroll would have started then he could have held the ball up and allowed Gerrard and Suarez and the wingers to make dangerous runs to allow us more chances.

This summer PLEASE buy a new pacey, skillful winger who is capable of beating men and a centre mid who can play alongside Lucas to allow Gerrard to play in a free role and create more chance and score.
"I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Brendan Rodgers

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: May 5, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »
Well, what can you say other than Chelsea didn't win this final, we lost it. It hurts. A lot, but I wouldn't swap our club for anything, says it all that my plastic supporting friend had to ask me about the commentator's Luis Garcia reference. Big Andy was fantastic, changed the game and did not deserve to be on the losing team, very encouraging. Let's face it, Kenny's not going to be here next season, it looked likely no matter the result today and this will have made it almost definite. It's a shame but it's quite possibly for the best. Hopefully the new man will have the same opinion of Downing that we all do, and will tell Pepe Reina to sort himself out or become our new Number 2. How many shots on target did Chelsea have? I made it 3, he conceded 2 and made quite a hash of the late free-kick. Anyway, onwards and upwards, You'll Never Walk Alone.

And it didn't go in unfortunately.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline zaphriel

• Main Stander
« Reply #427 on: May 5, 2012, 07:45:46 pm »
Ok in summary as I can't seem to find a video yet, full trust in Kenny, decent summer investment.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 5, 2012, 07:45:46 pm »
shame carroll cant do that in a non glory game.

in the semi he had a similar game....he wanted to dominate big name centre backs.

in the league he just cant be arsed.

to me he is a great option off the bench if your gonna commit players forward.
in normal game situations and over a season he isnt worth his place....no matter what hios price tag is.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Franco10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #429 on: May 5, 2012, 07:45:51 pm »
The management just got the team selection wrong. Andy Carroll should have started. Downing was awful.
Really? Even after Suarez scoring a hat trick and losing to Fulham with Caroll starting? Ridiculous... So, Kenny's 13 match unbeaten run vs CFc comes to an end... Congrats CFC and Nando for his first club medal !!

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 5, 2012, 07:45:52 pm »
For me, Gerrard fucked us up in the 1st half, he kept dropping deep and isolating Suarez, seriosly should have left hendo and spearing to handle midfield and played off Suarez. 2nd half we were amazing and for me Carroll was an absolute beast, check my history not a part time fan, always had belief in the lad.

Gerrard dropped deep to cover Spearing who couldn't was hopeless and not doing his job

Online CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 5, 2012, 07:45:54 pm »
Was in.

Fact.

Fuck Off .

In.

Fuck Off.

Again.
c*nts.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #432 on: May 5, 2012, 07:46:15 pm »
If that goal-line decision was given as a goal against us we would all be fuming.

We need to compete for 90 minutes instead of 30..dont understand why we got in gear when it was a bit too late.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 5, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »
Fucking gutted. Been sitting here since fulltime completely inconsolable.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 5, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »

It was in.

if you look at the ball and then look at the white line extending past the far post, you'd have to imagine that's in... but it's inconsequential now.  like others have said, that's not what lost us the match... playing like garbage for 55 minutes is what lost us the match.

Offline Revill

• Kemlynite
« Reply #435 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
Only started to play when Carroll came on and scored.....you've got to compete for 90 minutes + ( so many of our players, are just not good enough ! )
For anyone to say the " goal " was over the line, is being ridiculous ! ( the whole of the ball has to cross....and it wasn't even near ! )
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 07:49:34 pm by Revill »

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »
Kenny started with the wrong team and formation today and I said that as soon as I saw the teamsheet. Playing Suarez upfront on his own is just stupid. Everytime we had the ball he was isolated and he just isn't the type of player who wants to hold the play up and pass it he just wants to run past players and score. Although he is worldclass, he cant receive the ball and wriggle his way through all of chelsea's defence. Gerrard couldnt play in the gap between the midfield and Suarez either because he was covering for Spearing who was pure toss. If Carroll would have started then he could have held the ball up and allowed Gerrard and Suarez and the wingers to make dangerous runs to allow us more chances.

This summer PLEASE buy a new pacey, skillful winger who is capable of beating men and a centre mid who can play alongside Lucas to allow Gerrard to play in a free role and create more chance and score.

i presume gerarrd was meant to be behind him but he just kept dropping back to pick the ball up.

either way it was clear early on we were isolating luis and nothing was done until too late.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:31 pm »
so frustrating again.

abject first hour. their midfield just walked through us at will. then after we scored it was basically attack vs defence.

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #438 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:36 pm »
It was probably in but we shouldn't really complain because we did absolutely nothing for most part of the game.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #439 on: May 5, 2012, 07:47:36 pm »
Ok in summary as I can't seem to find a video yet, full trust in Kenny, decent summer investment.

Sounds good to me.