Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia  (Read 167270 times)

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2480 on: March 29, 2024, 11:37:50 am »
The Tories will welcome you with open arms

Well they actually do welcome them. Staveley and Jamie Reuben are two huge Tory donors.

In Rueben's case he's a close personal friend of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and bankrolled his London Mayor leadership campaign. No cronyism of course and entirely coincidental that HMRC - currently based in a suburb to the north east of Newcastle - is relocating its entire operation to new offices in the city centre. New offices currently under construction by one of Rueben's development companies.

Still Jamie Reubin is kind enough to turn up at a local foodbank now and again so the Evening Chronicle can get their 'man of the people' photograph.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2481 on: March 30, 2024, 02:08:44 pm »
Who's running their medical department, Dr. Zoidberg?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: March 30, 2024, 03:58:46 pm »

Anthony Gordon is the biggest cheat in England and gets away with it every week

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2483 on: March 31, 2024, 10:54:00 am »
Next time he tries that I hope his leg breaks like Djibril Cisse's did all those years ago

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2484 on: March 31, 2024, 10:56:52 am »
Is it safe to call Anthony Gordon a sewer rat? Or will someone be along to defend him?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: March 31, 2024, 11:00:05 am »
Is it safe to call Anthony Gordon a sewer rat? Or will someone be along to defend him?

🙄

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: April 6, 2024, 11:09:51 am »
I see Eddie Howe has been wailing another tale of woe to the media - saying *gasp* that they may have to manage the club's spend properly in the summer. It's obviously part of a wider discourse which will continue to ramp up in the coming months, aiming to remove spending restrictions for the state-owned clubs. Meanwhile the Geordies are going full Ev, with the 'cabal' line being trotted out regularly They were spending more than any other club in Europe a while back, but rather than using that as the foundation to run the club properly and within their means, they just want to fling huge wads of cash at it until something sticks. I find it absolutely hilarious that their financial nirvana has coincided with the tightening of restrictions. Long may it continue.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2487 on: April 10, 2024, 11:30:34 am »
They are trying to sell next seasons shirts exclusively through their own website and JD Sports (in a nice little fuck you to Mike Ashley and Sports Direct)

Sports Direct are now suing under competition law to overturn the exclusivity agreement with JD sports

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2488 on: April 10, 2024, 01:59:15 pm »
They have to have special tills in the Newcastle area so that fans wearing the shirts don't register as cleaning products when they go near the barcode readers
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: April 10, 2024, 03:09:54 pm »
I see Eddie Howe has been wailing another tale of woe to the media - saying *gasp* that they may have to manage the club's spend properly in the summer. It's obviously part of a wider discourse which will continue to ramp up in the coming months, aiming to remove spending restrictions for the state-owned clubs. Meanwhile the Geordies are going full Ev, with the 'cabal' line being trotted out regularly They were spending more than any other club in Europe a while back, but rather than using that as the foundation to run the club properly and within their means, they just want to fling huge wads of cash at it until something sticks. I find it absolutely hilarious that their financial nirvana has coincided with the tightening of restrictions. Long may it continue.
Howe's tales of hard times woe are wearing a bit thin.  He's spent over £400m and not sold anyone of note (Saint-Maximin to Saudi Arabia was the only player that was anywhere near the first team).  He likes to say how they might need to sell players but they turned down bids for Trippier and Wilson in January so they don't exactly seem desperate to move players on.

If Guimaraes leaves in the summer then it will be because he's too impatient for the sportswashing to pay off and not because Newcastle need the money.  They will magic up income to meet whatever their transfer ambitions are.  The P&S rules will slow them down but if Saudi Arabia remain interested in using Newcastle as a sportswashing vehicle then they'll spend their way to the top eventually.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2492 on: April 12, 2024, 09:12:26 am »
https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1778297893838794752

I love the whataboutery comparing 1 share for £37m to FSG selling nearly 4% of Liverpool for around $200m.  Like the two things are even comparable.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: April 12, 2024, 09:31:27 am »
I love the whataboutery comparing 1 share for £37m to FSG selling nearly 4% of Liverpool for around $200m.  Like the two things are even comparable.

So now there's 9 shares in KSA United.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2494 on: April 12, 2024, 10:58:04 am »
Newcastle best improve their on the pitch results and performances - or else...

'Saudi football player whipped by fan after Super Cup final defeat':-

www.independent.co.uk/tv/sport/saudi-super-cup-final-player-whipped-al-ittihad-b2527620.html (with video)

'A supporter appeared to whip an Al-Ittihad player in an astonishing incident at the end of the Saudi Super Cup final on Thursday night (11 April).

The disgraceful scene unfolded after Al-Hilal won the final 4-1 to stay on course for an unprecedented quadruple.

At full-time, Al-Ittihad striker Abderrazak Hamdallah was seen arguing with a fan as he made his way off the pitch, and appeared to throw water in their direction.

The man responded by lashing the player with a whip, hitting him at least once.

Hamdallah scored his side’s only goal in the heavy defeat.'

'[IttiMania] Al-Hilal supporter whips Al-Ittihad striker Hamdallah after the supercup final in Saudi Arabia' - https://twitter.com/IttiMania/status/1778509641481089319

^ 26 second clip of a Saudi fan trying to whip one of the players post-match! - https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1778518110431215616 & https://streamin.one/v/0b2dead1

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/al-ittihad-star-whipped-furious-32569171
www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/12/fan-whips-al-ittihad-player-in-saudi-super-cup-final-watch
https://en.as.com/videos/watch-al-ittihad-fan-whips-player-after-al-hilal-defeat-v

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: April 12, 2024, 11:49:22 am »
Newcastle best improve their on the pitch results and performances - or else...

'Saudi football player whipped by fan after Super Cup final defeat':-

www.independent.co.uk/tv/sport/saudi-super-cup-final-player-whipped-al-ittihad-b2527620.html (with video)

'A supporter appeared to whip an Al-Ittihad player in an astonishing incident at the end of the Saudi Super Cup final on Thursday night (11 April).

The disgraceful scene unfolded after Al-Hilal won the final 4-1 to stay on course for an unprecedented quadruple.

At full-time, Al-Ittihad striker Abderrazak Hamdallah was seen arguing with a fan as he made his way off the pitch, and appeared to throw water in their direction.

The man responded by lashing the player with a whip, hitting him at least once.

Hamdallah scored his side’s only goal in the heavy defeat.'

'[IttiMania] Al-Hilal supporter whips Al-Ittihad striker Hamdallah after the supercup final in Saudi Arabia' - https://twitter.com/IttiMania/status/1778509641481089319

^ 26 second clip of a Saudi fan trying to whip one of the players post-match! - https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1778518110431215616 & https://streamin.one/v/0b2dead1

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/al-ittihad-star-whipped-furious-32569171
www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/12/fan-whips-al-ittihad-player-in-saudi-super-cup-final-watch
https://en.as.com/videos/watch-al-ittihad-fan-whips-player-after-al-hilal-defeat-v
I think that’s a great idea to be honest.
Come on Gakpo, move your fucking arse………crack