Author Topic: FT Middlesbrough 0 v Liverpool 3 (Lallana 28' 68' Origi 60)  (Read 36707 times)

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
Re: FT Middlesbrough 0 v Liverpool 3 (Lallana 28' 68' Origi 60)
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2016, 09:17:19 am »
Has Lazar been on yet to eat humble pie??

Fuck off you bedwetting tarts, you know who you are!

Where's that Lazar lad..............at least he won't be able to post until the next game thread opens!

Just the thing to focus on after a 3-0 win.  :)

Anyway, in my opinion our most complete performance this season. We didn't concede a single decent chance really, while creating enough to score six rather than three. Sets us up well for the derby.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2016, 09:32:54 am »
Didn't see the game but very impressed with the result and the highlights I did see.

I think we were all expecting this on Sunday but it wasn't to be. Hopefully we can kick on from here and string some wins together, going into a massive period for the Club.

Looking forward to seeing the second half display that everyone is talking about.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2016, 09:42:14 am »
I doubt he is now. Origi's scored 5 from 5. If sturridge is fit tomorrow I'm pretty sure origis ahead of him.
This is a difficult thing to argue in the face of the evidence of the goal a game, but Sturridge is still a better player, and the main reason for the best part of the five goals is the team doing their part in most of those. Origi is fantastic, and will go from strength to strength without doubt, but it is the whole unit that makes us high scoring. We are a team greater than the sum of our parts.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline DG

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2016, 09:42:17 am »
Also, this is not something any of us very often point out, but the ref (Moss) was very good yesterday. I thought he got all the big calls spot on, played the advantage for both our 2nd and 3rd. Credit where it's due, especially considering how much they have to put up with when they're below par.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2016, 09:43:00 am »
Also, this is not something any of us very often point out, but the ref (Moss) was very good yesterday. I thought he got all the big calls spot on, played the advantage for both our 2nd and 3rd. Credit where it's due, especially considering how much they have to put up with when they're below par.
I was thinking exactly this too.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2016, 09:47:23 am »
Just the thing to focus on after a 3-0 win.  :)

Anyway, in my opinion our most complete performance this season. We didn't concede a single decent chance really, while creating enough to score six rather than three. Sets us up well for the derby.

I don't blame them. That guy held himself like he was a God after our loss/draw. Where is he now?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2016, 09:49:07 am »
I've never had a problem with Moss and I thought the stick he got after the Leicester/West Ham match last season for largely making the correct decisions in a very high pressure game was ridiculous.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2016, 09:51:53 am »
This is a difficult thing to argue in the face of the evidence of the goal a game, but Sturridge is still a better player, and the main reason for the best part of the five goals is the team doing their part in most of those. Origi is fantastic, and will go from strength to strength without doubt, but it is the whole unit that makes us high scoring. We are a team greater than the sum of our parts.

Don't see any way Sturridge gets back in over Origi to be honest.

Once Phil is fit I'm sure we'll revert back to him, Mane and Firmino but when Mane goes off to the AFCON there's no way Sturridge replicates what Mane and Origi does. And we've seen that the last few games, with that option of going more direct.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2016, 10:13:29 am »
Looked like a great performance via the extended highlights I saw and Lallana really had a stormer with Origi a very capable Robin on his side. Mane did everything but score and the team as a whole pulled their socks up and worked, qorked and worked some more as the Boro manager just shrugged and basicially said we could do nothing. Klopp showed there is no faves with Mignolet's selection and hopefully will be rewarded. Well done lads
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline DG

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #329 on: December 15, 2016, 10:19:41 am »
I don't blame them. That guy held himself like he was a God after our loss/draw. Where is he now?
I still find it ridiculous to focus on when you should be celebrating, but that's me I guess.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2016, 10:20:33 am »
The only fly in the ointment was the Mancs later winner at Palace
Who cares? It says something about last night when the only people can find to moan about is a result totally irrelevant to us. If you're going to mention other results in this thread, why not mention the one involving one of our opponents for the title, Chelsea?

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2016, 10:22:47 am »
Missed the game because of work, but saw MotD. Great to see opposing managers basically say: "these lads are just too good for us, we tried our best, played well, had our tactics right but they are just better than we are.

Hopefully the previous few games were just a little wobble that you have every season and it is onwards and upwards from here.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2016, 10:22:50 am »
Brilliant result. I know Coutinho, and Sturridge are both unavailable but I wasn't too confident with our options on the bench last night. I think we could really benefit from signing another striker/winger in January.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2016, 10:29:58 am »
Great way to bounce back. Also to do it at one of our bogey grounds as well made it even better. Total bossed the 2nd half when I expected us to maybe have a few nerves in the 2nd half due to the last couple of game but I was wrong about that.

Good to get back to wiinning ways before the derby.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2016, 10:35:21 am »

Sturridge may be a more skilled player, but the reason Origi has been getting all those goals is because he's shown great movement, great pace and great work rate to get into the positions for easy goals. For whatever reason, Sturridge isn't getting into the same positions, so he's flattered to deceive. I'm quite sure Klopp won't push Divock aside when Daniel's fit again.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2016, 10:37:58 am »
I appreciate you can't really get better than a comment like that from someone associated with Boro (their manager) but we were talking to a few stewards after the game and they were adamant Liverpool were MILES the best side they had faced this season. :)

Lets just hope Liverpool can produce that on a continuous basis. Then we're in for an exciting ride this season!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2016, 10:56:57 am »
Looked like a great performance via the extended highlights I saw and Lallana really had a stormer with Origi a very capable Robin on his side. Mane did everything but score and the team as a whole pulled their socks up and worked, qorked and worked some more as the Boro manager just shrugged and basicially said we could do nothing. Klopp showed there is no faves with Mignolet's selection and hopefully will be rewarded. Well done lads
That's the thing though with tactical sides- they frequently work harder than the opposition and that's a big reason why they're normally so resilient.

Our side worked harder than Boro though. Towards the end of the match- they showed the distance covered and we had covered 111ks while Boro had 109.

You could just see our lads, zipping about, just getting our heads down and pass, pass, pass; run and press; get the ball and attack again- with Gino ticking things over and controlling the pace like a boss.
Magnificent! Like a team of worker-bees or ants on clock! Think that's what was admirable to the Boro manager, players and supporters, but more importantly- to Kloppo.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:01:59 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2016, 11:04:47 am »
Missed the game but delighted with the score. Just seen the goals. Great to see 5 players in the box for the first goal and superb one touch football for the second. Clean sheet for Mignolet and team as well. Can build our confidence off that. Arsenal have been reeled in. A matter of time before Chelsea are. Teams lying 5th-8th are also closing in on 4th. As said before- lots of games to come.We need to stay in the hunt as long as possible and be ready to pounce.

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2016, 11:06:57 am »
Much wanted win and a massive relief to all of us, no doubt.

Few things i observed yesterday.

Things i liked:

* Mignolet: Was confident throughout the game
* Klavan: Very composed and error-free play

Things i didn't like

* Mane - Firiminio - Origi partnership: Still not at the same level as Mane- Firminio - Cout , felt sometimes Origi is not that pacy enough
* Wijnaldum: Needs to sharpen his finishing skills  ;D

And i think we need a proper song for Origi , shouting "Divock Origi" sounds like shouting some expletives  :wanker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2016, 11:10:11 am »
Origi not pacy enough?!?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2016, 11:10:53 am »
Missed the game because of work, but saw MotD. Great to see opposing managers basically say: "these lads are just too good for us, we tried our best, played well, had our tactics right but they are just better than we are.

Hopefully the previous few games were just a little wobble that you have every season and it is onwards and upwards from here.
Yep- another one of those games where we usually find it tough to break down the oppo and which we should be winning.

We've done so with applomb last night. Klopp had to use his tactical acumen last night to a greater degree than over the last few games and it was great to see us mixing it all up- from long balls to short, incisive passing and running- alternating the pace of the game at will(thanks to Gino).

A COMPLETE performance. I would say that that 2nd half performance is prolly the best I've seen this season.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2016, 11:13:12 am »
Origi not pacy enough?!?!

Yes, there were few moments when you would've thought that if it was Mane or Firminio they would have met the pass.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:15 am »
Yes, there were few moments when you would've thought that if it was Mane or Firminio they would have met the pass.
I think you mean he sometimes doesn't see the run or he's timing's off a bit(especially the offsides) and he sometimes don't react quick enough.
That's just a combination of match sharpness and youth. Mane, Firmino and those guys are warhorses compared to him at this juncture.

He's got plenty of pace and power.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: December 15, 2016, 11:24:06 am »
As I said its a great result and I know we have a few injuries but was very surprised to see how inexperienced our subs were. Running on low seems to be doing us no harm, as long as we dont suffer too many more injuries but I might be making out a wee shopping list for Jan as while the table still still looks tasty, the fridge is a little bare right now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 15, 2016, 11:26:13 am »
the quality of the goals was great and for most of the game we were in control. Mignolet was calm and made a couple of good stops, exactly what you
want from you GK, im sure Karius will come back better, but for the time being Mignolet is the correct option.

Firmino's position is a bit of a conundrum at the moment but with everyone chipping in with goals and assists its a good problem to have.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:37 am »
How much did we pay for Mane? Or rather what lose change did we leave behind when we stole him?
Coutiniho back about the same time we lose him for a few weeks?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2016, 11:38:57 am »
That second goal though.. Oooh!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2016, 11:40:20 am »
How much did we pay for Mane? Or rather what lose change did we leave behind when we stole him?
Coutiniho back about the same time we lose him for a few weeks?
Wouldn't bother. Everton must've been all over that by now. :(

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2016, 11:54:51 am »
That second goal though.. Oooh!

Fucking belter and I haven't seen the media being all wet about it. They should. The Spanish commentary I was listening to  were though. :)

Part of Karanka quotes: “Liverpool were much better than us, in their intensity, in everything. When they were winning 2-0 they kept the same intensity, they wanted every ball and they moved the ball at amazing speed.”

I see we learned our lesson after Bournemouth and West Ham. Really pleased to see that. We were always in control in the first andMane could/should have made it two nil but it's the second half where we showed our class. Magnificent stuff and that lad, Lallana, wow what a player. Sharp thinking, quick feet, excellent technique and now comes with goals in his game. What's not to like?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
great stuff. in the second half was their a shift to mane up top and origi to the left?? or did it just seem that way due to the movement? I felt like we decided to play mane up top and play long balls into the channels for mane to get onto alot more.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »
16 touches, 14 passes. Origi Goal. Identity.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2016, 12:17:03 pm »

yeah thought that watching the game. After the utter shitness of Clatterburg or whatever he's called on Sunday, to Moss, they where night and day.

Satisfying for a ref as well I suspect when he sees his decisions work like they did last night, with the advantages. 

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2016, 12:23:05 pm »
I think you mean he sometimes doesn't see the run or he's timing's off a bit(especially the offsides) and he sometimes don't react quick enough.
That's just a combination of match sharpness and youth. Mane, Firmino and those guys are warhorses compared to him at this juncture.

He's got plenty of pace and power.

yes, bad wording i guess.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2016, 12:32:43 pm »
The period after half time until Divock's goal was football out of this world, the control the passing the movement was ridiculously good. I said to myself I need to be enjoying this more but I was still very edgy until the second went it. Brilliant football, brilliant goals, a brilliant away end but my favourite part was the way Klopp looked at that away end smiling and clapping as if we were the ones that got the 3 points for him! Absolute perfect night!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2016, 12:34:59 pm »
The period after half time until Divock's goal was football out of this world, the control the passing the movement was ridiculously good. I said to myself I need to be enjoying this more but I was still very edgy until the second went it. Brilliant football, brilliant goals, a brilliant away end but my favourite part was the way Klopp looked at that away end smiling and clapping as if we were the ones that got the 3 points for him! Absolute perfect night!
I can't agree more with this terrific post. Absolutely brilliant football, one touch and the movement was outstanding. The lads deserve full credit for last night and for building on the lead at half time.

Onwards and upwards!

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2016, 12:46:04 pm »
we looked really comfortable, 2nd half was a real pleasure to witness, well in there! 3 well crafted goals, they had no chance.

tip my hat to the referee to, they often a get a bashing so only right to praise them when they get it right. let the game flow beautifully, why cant they all do that!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #356 on: December 15, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »
Fantastic after the shite of the last two. We're back, fuckin get in. Happy Xmas.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #357 on: December 15, 2016, 12:56:00 pm »
1st half although we were good enough,we seemed a bit nervous or hesitant for periods.
Fuck knows what Klopp said at half time as we came out a put in a fantastic display,full of confidence.
Great result & thoroughly deserved.
Migs & Klavan stepped in & both were faultless.
Lovren looks more comfortable RCB.
Great option to piss over any pressing team with Mané's pace & a long ball/pass now being used.
Lallana..phew,what a game lad,take a fucking bow son.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #358 on: December 15, 2016, 12:57:01 pm »

Great result.  I have to admit, I was nervous going into this match, but it was a timely reminder of our quality.  Just hope we don't get any more injuries and that Matip is back for the derby.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 15, 2016, 12:58:48 pm »
Beat the Ev and we're kind of back on track. Up the reds