Author Topic: FT: Stoke 1 vs Liverpool 2 (Walters 44', Phil 69', Bob 72')  (Read 59017 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: FT: Stoke 1 vs Liverpool 2 (Walters 44', Phil 69', Bob 72')
« Reply #960 on: April 10, 2017, 09:07:07 pm »
Think you'll be disappointed.

The idea I get from the boss is quite a lot of these 3rd/4th choice positions are going to be filled by youngsters, which I don't mind really.

Correct. Woodburn, TTA, Ejaria, Gomez, Ojo, Wilson, Grujic will be getting plenty of games next season. The boss, as you say, has alluded to this approach all season. All a year older and wiser, exciting times ahead with our youngsters which will strangely make some on here fewm as they want us to buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.............. :wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #961 on: April 10, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
Correct. Woodburn, TTA, Ejaria, Gomez, Ojo, Wilson, Grujic will be getting plenty of games next season. The boss, as you say, has alluded to this approach all season. All a year older and wiser, exciting times ahead with our youngsters which will strangely make some on here fewm as they want us to buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.............. :wave

He will buy as well, but it's great to have a manager who will give the youngsters a chance too. All teams need a local player to keep the connection going with the fans.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline A Dick

• Main Stander
  • How come Cafu is wearing Flanno's shirt?
« Reply #962 on: April 11, 2017, 02:40:19 am »
Don't really know why this thread has turned into one big transfer discussion! Great 3 points! With arguably our 2 best players this season injured and 2 of the others on the bench for 45 minutes. Our squad clearly isn't as threadbare as some are making it seem on here. Of course we will add to it in the summer but for now let's savour that second half.

Am guessing Lucas doesn't have it in him to play so many games in succession? Only reason I could understand him being dropped and Milner moving to CM. Nice to see Studge back, could be quite a useful option in the run in off the bench.

Bring on WBA. They seem to have taken their foot off the pedal since reaching 40 points but saying that turned up for their games against Man U and Arsenal so will probably get themselves up for our arrival too.

Oh and well pleased for Migs!

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: April 11, 2017, 02:45:51 am »

Don't really know why this thread has turned into one big transfer discussion! Great 3 points!

I know, right? Someone actually said the main thing that stood out for them was that Moreno doesn't have a future.

Like how are you thinking about that after that game?

Bizarre.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: April 11, 2017, 09:04:22 am »
Why was Matip doing a Moreno impression for the Stoke goal?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #965 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:22 am »

Because Clyne was terrible on the left?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: April 11, 2017, 10:26:56 am »
Because Clyne was terrible on the left?

Can't we just accept Matip had a shocker for the goal without having to chuck someone else under the bus for them?

Klavan got caught wrestling way off the back line, but Matip should have seen this and dropped the line back. Instead he and Lovren conspired to fail to bail out Klavan. Personally think Lovren would have been better as the middle man. Allows him to lead the line, which he does better than the other two, and to focus on dominating in the air instead of having to roam on the right which is clearly not a strength

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: April 11, 2017, 10:42:04 am »

Back turning shithouse routine?   ;)
Jurgen YNWA

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: April 11, 2017, 10:51:05 am »
Can't we just accept Matip had a shocker for the goal without having to chuck someone else under the bus for them?

Shaquirirriririririr should never have got past Clyne......less so Klavan. But lets face it, all were shite for that. (as you say including Matip)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #969 on: April 11, 2017, 10:56:36 am »

Erm, no?  Who should go to the man on the ball once Klavan is beaten and Clyne is in no mans land with no one tracking from midfield?

Matip is always going to have to try and close the space from his position.

Lovren should be closer to the near post once Matip is drawn across.

But as others have said there were mistakes all round for it. Singling out Matip though? Nah.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #970 on: April 11, 2017, 11:10:27 am »
The defence on the Berahino chance is more of a worry to me than the actual goal they score. We're 2-1 up ... we've got 5 defenders on the pitch ... and we're absolutely nowhere.
It's the same situation we've seen in the second half of the season over and over against the bad teams where they counter us in a shit load of space and we don't affect what they're doing at all. Alarming it hasn't been addressed.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: April 11, 2017, 11:44:01 am »
The defence on the Berahino chance is more of a worry to me than the actual goal they score. We're 2-1 up ... we've got 5 defenders on the pitch ... and we're absolutely nowhere.
It's the same situation we've seen in the second half of the season over and over against the bad teams where they counter us in a shit load of space and we don't affect what they're doing at all. Alarming it hasn't been addressed.

Can't remember but didn't the ball bounce around / ricochet off a couple before that happened? Might just have been one of those caught out moments?!?!?!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:13 am »
Can't remember but didn't the ball bounce around / ricochet off a couple before that happened? Might just have been one of those caught out moments?!?!?!

Stoke passed it forward to one of their players at the half way line, Lovren steps out to press the Stoke player and both the Stoke player and he miss the ball and it goes through to Arnautovic. Its a rash step out by Lovren but he can be prone to those.

To be fair to the defence, its a brilliant ball by Arnautovic then on his weaker foot.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: April 11, 2017, 11:49:21 am »
Its a rash step out by Lovren but he can be prone to those.

A few times the other day :/

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: April 11, 2017, 11:51:28 am »
A few times the other day :/

Its a part of the game which is a bit infuriating. To be fair, its probably that which helps him when he is 1vs1 against strikers and probably why he can bully some players. But when its happened its a bit scary for what comes next. Another example was against Chelsea when he stepped out and Costa then earned a penalty in that move.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: April 11, 2017, 12:02:18 pm »
Its a part of the game which is a bit infuriating. To be fair, its probably that which helps him when he is 1vs1 against strikers and probably why he can bully some players. But when its happened its a bit scary for what comes next. Another example was against Chelsea when he stepped out and Costa then earned a penalty in that move.

I do like him, turned my opinion of him like many I'm sure but we could possibly go another level up with a defender, him, Klavan and Sakho are all on that "not bad" level

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2017, 12:05:52 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing that. It's his style of defending, sometimes it works and others it doesn't.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2017, 12:55:03 pm »

Back turning shithouse routine?   ;)
;)
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:10 pm »
https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/liverpool-why-doesnt-jurgen-klopp-just-pick-his-best-possible-11/

I would love everyone who was giving it loads in the half time thread to read this and understand that humility isn't just a kind characteristic but also a logical one. They won't though.

Blah blah blah, why didn't Klopp do this? Blah blah blah I know better.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: April 11, 2017, 01:24:56 pm »
It's pretty interesting to see what's happened over the last couple of games. In the presser before the Bournemouth game, Klopp alluded to the fact that he was not going to organise the team to go gung-ho anymore and that we had to be pragmatic (defensive) and get results.

We saw that backfire against Bournemouth when we went defensive and the first half against Stoke was also awful playing 3 at the back.

Not sure whether this approach is the right one, but interesting to see these changes in philosophy so clearly already.

Offline marto

• Main Stander
« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2017, 01:25:56 pm »
This game reminded me of the away win at the Emirates under Kenny, few years ago. Suarez and Meireles, probably our best players at the time, were on the bench. Came on around the 70/75th minute and were instrumental for both our goals.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »
Think you'll be disappointed.

The idea I get from the boss is quite a lot of these 3rd/4th choice positions are going to be filled by youngsters, which I don't mind really.

That's the way it should be though right?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2017, 04:11:09 pm »
Erm, no?  Who should go to the man on the ball once Klavan is beaten and Clyne is in no mans land with no one tracking from midfield?

Matip is always going to have to try and close the space from his position.

Lovren should be closer to the near post once Matip is drawn across.

But as others have said there were mistakes all round for it. Singling out Matip though? Nah.

Erm, yes.

I said this too, in the next paragraph. I was responding to someone singling out Clyne. You chose to omit this from your quote to try to show me up, and pointscore.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:12:49 pm by Classycara »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2017, 04:23:40 pm »
It's pretty interesting to see what's happened over the last couple of games. In the presser before the Bournemouth game, Klopp alluded to the fact that he was not going to organise the team to go gung-ho anymore and that we had to be pragmatic (defensive) and get results.

We saw that backfire against Bournemouth when we went defensive and the first half against Stoke was also awful playing 3 at the back.

Not sure whether this approach is the right one, but interesting to see these changes in philosophy so clearly already.

Don't forget that the change was triggered by Coutinho being ill. Was trying to play sensibly for 25 min a bad decision? If you count the number of chances we created after the substitution to the number they created - NO. If you judge it on goals - YES.
Hindsight is easy as fuck!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2017, 05:43:00 pm »
https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/liverpool-why-doesnt-jurgen-klopp-just-pick-his-best-possible-11/

I would love everyone who was giving it loads in the half time thread to read this and understand that humility isn't just a kind characteristic but also a logical one. They won't though.

Blah blah blah, why didn't Klopp do this? Blah blah blah I know better.

That was a great article and he is so right.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #985 on: April 11, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
That was a great article and he is so right.

Absolutely, It's a belter. You should particularly notice that he even points out that this doesn't stop him ever criticising stuff, but also how some recent criticisms have been disproved almost instantly. The point being you can criticise but do so in a manner that acknowledges that the manager knows a fuck load more than you, and also has a fuck load more information than you do, as well as having done the job for a number of years where you have never done it.

Not you yourself by the way, the plural you for those who thought they knew it all at half time.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.