Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1425046 times)

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #480 on: July 7, 2017, 08:24:24 pm »
Yeah well I don't know maybe he was on minimal wages and Klopp wants to tie him down by giving a hefty increase. Or he had a buyout clause or something stupid. Happy with it, this guy has bags of talent.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #481 on: July 7, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »
Think we might have a talent on our hands here folks. Looking forward to seeing him push on under Klopp  :)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #482 on: July 7, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
Why after just signing a new 5 year deal recently?

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #483 on: July 7, 2017, 09:15:32 pm »
I think we're gonna see more of him this season, Clyne deserves more of a rest, without checking I bet he is was in top3 most played minutes of the past season.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #484 on: July 7, 2017, 09:25:26 pm »
Anything that secures the lad for us long term is all right with me.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #485 on: July 7, 2017, 09:26:45 pm »
Klopp must think he's bloody brilliant. Not entirely sure why we've done it, but its good to know how much faith we have in him.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #486 on: July 7, 2017, 09:46:44 pm »
Klopp must think he's bloody brilliant. Not entirely sure why we've done it, but its good to know how much faith we have in him.

If it's good enough for Klopp it's good enough for me! Our manager has a good record of finding diamonds in the rough, and removing the rough! Him committing to a young player is exciting :)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: July 7, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
Good news for the player and for the club! :)

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #488 on: July 7, 2017, 10:33:06 pm »
We were chatting to Tommo at one of these sporting dinner things last week,  he couldn't sing the praises of this lad enough.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: July 7, 2017, 11:17:27 pm »
Like that we want to count on him. I can't say how talented he is or how good he can be. I've only seen him a couple of games. What I like is how we intend to trust our Academy players. It's great! Every time we let them play, they perform. Not just TAA, but all of them. We'll get squad players, perhaps more than that, but we'll get squad players from our own Academy if we just trust them. This is another sign that we intend to have some faith in TAA and the others.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #490 on: July 8, 2017, 12:13:58 am »
Like that we want to count on him. I can't say how talented he is or how good he can be. I've only seen him a couple of games. What I like is how we intend to trust our Academy players. It's great! Every time we let them play, they perform. Not just TAA, but all of them. We'll get squad players, perhaps more than that, but we'll get squad players from our own Academy if we just trust them. This is another sign that we intend to have some faith in TAA and the others.

If our academy can't even produce one single players for firs team then it should be shut down as it isn't fit for purpose.

The main purpose of the academy is to get young players ready for first team. Our last regular starter from the academy was Flanagan and Sterling and that felt like a long time ago. We used to have such a conveyor belt of world class talents coming out of the academy and I wonder what have changed?

Finally, I hope TAA continues to progress and push on for first team spot this coming season. Please don't turn into a Jon Otsemobor that had promised so much but fizzled out after a couple of games.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: July 8, 2017, 12:22:27 am »
Trent Alexander-Arnold has today signed a new long-term deal with #LFC. Full story: http://lfc.tv/ASTv

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #492 on: July 8, 2017, 02:34:08 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/trent-alexander-arnold-can-part-13300916

If you read Kloppo's comments there, part of it kinda reads like they are saying 'be like Trent and this is how we reward you'. Like using him as an example of how a young player should commit himself and how he should work and behave, because this is how you are rewarded at Liverpool if you do.

Obviously you have to be a very good player too, but there's a lot in those words just showing how almost equally important it is to be a good professional, and it doesn't do any harm in having good people supporting you too.

I might be talking bollocks like, and clearly the main reason will be, is because he's good, and they see a big future for him, but it seems to be more than that.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #493 on: July 8, 2017, 03:21:49 am »
Giving him a new deal on better terms than the last one, so soon after he signed it sends out the right message, not just to young players at Liverpool but young players right across the country that we will give young players opportunities and will reward those who take them, it is in stark contrast to the huge contracts for nothing and lack of opportunities approach taken by Chelsea & Man City.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #494 on: July 8, 2017, 04:49:54 am »
If our academy can't even produce one single players for firs team then it should be shut down as it isn't fit for purpose.

The main purpose of the academy is to get young players ready for first team. Our last regular starter from the academy was Flanagan and Sterling and that felt like a long time ago. We used to have such a conveyor belt of world class talents coming out of the academy and I wonder what have changed?

bit of cognitive bias going on there i think.

You'd have to go back to the early 90's to make a case for it, and football was a fuckload different back then.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: July 8, 2017, 08:43:00 am »
Most highly rated kid since Gerrard.

Gerrard always said you get back what you put in (he's quoted saying that many times when asked the most important piece of advice) and trent is a shining example of that kind of dedication.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #496 on: July 8, 2017, 11:57:37 am »
Barcelona bid imminent

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #497 on: July 9, 2017, 12:58:30 am »
Nah, Gerrard's retired mate.
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: July 9, 2017, 07:57:56 am »
Am I off my head for thinking this kid  could have the tools to be a central midfielder?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #499 on: July 9, 2017, 09:40:31 am »
Am I off my head for thinking this kid  could have the tools to be a central midfielder?

Definitely not, he played there for the under-16's under Lijnders.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #500 on: July 9, 2017, 10:00:00 am »
Fully deserved new deal. The kid has talented and conducts himself exceptionally well. Here's hoping he has a bright future on the pitch.

Offline A Dick

• Main Stander
  • How come Cafu is wearing Flanno's shirt?
« Reply #501 on: July 9, 2017, 02:41:17 pm »
Really exciting season ahead for this young man. Think he'll feature a lot. Hope to see him and Gomez starting for LFC for years to come.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: July 9, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »
Absolutely delighted for the lad.

From the interviews posted, he seems grounded as well. Knowing the hard work is just beginning.

Just curious but I think we are going to see more of him not only in the RB position but filling in midfield positions late in the game when the energy levels are a bit low.

I recall late last season when he was bought on but can't recall the game. No idea what klopp instructions were but he was all over the attacking third, making runs and just being a nuisance generally. His energy levels and quality was impressive in that game. Lets hope that performance was just the beginning of many.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: July 9, 2017, 04:47:25 pm »

Finally, I hope TAA continues to progress and push on for first team spot this coming season. Please don't turn into a Jon Otsemobor that had promised so much but fizzled out after a couple of games.

Getting a world class talent through the Academy, I think that's something we'll get once per decade. If that. We should be able to get a first team player (one of our core 18 players) every 2-4 years. Every season we should give opportunities to our best Academy players, like TAA, meaning ~5 of them get a few games to show their quality.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Parchpea

• Kemlynite
  • Let our feet do the talking
« Reply #504 on: July 9, 2017, 06:35:34 pm »
Academies now are built to breed players for profit essentially, clubs are well aware only a tiny percentage will even make debut but what you get is a piece of their career and its monetised.

From the first moment they leave the flock you insert a sell clause that can transcend several moves so in essence they keep brining money into the club.

Alexander Arnold will need to be really good when he gets chance, its the only way, young players have to have an almost instant value. If not he will be loaned out to see if he can improve with games we wont risk giving him, and again you have to show an upward curve.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: July 15, 2017, 06:04:21 pm »
Ah really? He looked 6ft or over for some reason...

Agreed. I think the height listings are wrong, or he had a massive growth spurt. He almost looks as tall as Matip

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: July 15, 2017, 06:08:18 pm »
Will be our Aurelio without injuries. Silky player, brave and smart as well.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2017, 10:00:19 pm »

Quality fullbacks are very rare...when you got one, keep it! He's going to be an amazing rb
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2017, 10:11:18 pm »

No, but so did Aurelio and had it not been for injuries he'd have been one of the best fullbacks of his generation. Same for Dani Alves and lahm as well really, and Phil Neal if you want to go back further. Great fullbacks should probably be good enough to play midfield.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: July 22, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »
If he was a new 30m signing I would be over the moon with him.
Unless Clyne stars to sort his crossing out he could be seeing a lot of the bench.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #510 on: July 22, 2017, 09:27:15 pm »
This kid has fantastic ability right now,gonna be a world beater in a few years & dare i say it..captain material.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #511 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:53 pm »
This kid has fantastic ability right now,gonna be a world beater in a few years & dare i say it..captain material.

Rewind a few years and that's Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby.
20 and 7

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:28 pm »

He has got everything to make it..just needs to bulk up a little bit
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: July 22, 2017, 10:05:37 pm »
What I like about him is the fact that he doesn't seem fazed by first team football, even last season when he was called upon for some big game he just took it in his stride! He has a proper calm head about him and hopefully he gets some more league appearances under his belt this upcoming season!

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2017, 12:58:19 am »
What I like about him is the fact that he doesn't seem fazed by first team football, even last season when he was called upon for some big game he just took it in his stride! He has a proper calm head about him and hopefully he gets some more league appearances under his belt this upcoming season!

I agree, he just goes and to play and do the job Klopp has asked him to do  Bar the united game, where Martial was just running through and past him (luckily Mourinho hauled him off) I've seen Trent hold his own.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2017, 08:45:27 am »
I agree, he just goes and to play and do the job Klopp has asked him to do  Bar the united game, where Martial was just running through and past him (luckily Mourinho hauled him off) I've seen Trent hold his own.

Against Zaha in pre-season he held his own well. Zaha got the best of him a couple times but he didn't let his head drop and stuck to his task well.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2017, 09:41:22 am »

Neither, especially Darby, were actually that good though.

I'd go so far as to say Spearing and Darby would never have made it consistently into the u23 teams we've had.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #517 on: July 23, 2017, 12:26:44 pm »
...Bar the united game, where Martial was just running through and past him (luckily Mourinho hauled him off) I've seen Trent hold his own.

And Martial has put many much better full backs on their arses! Think Trent really could become a top player. And as we all keep saying, we've absolutely got the right boss to get the best out of all our youngsters.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #518 on: July 23, 2017, 01:01:12 pm »
He'll be a good fullback and progress well, just needs to work on his awareness of the overlap.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: July 23, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »
Calm head..
Intelligent..
Full of talent..
Shame he isn't a left back.. could have walked into our team..

Will be worth 60m in 3 years time..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..