Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89676 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2017, 12:12:41 pm »
The first time I watched Markovic in person was during Partizan Belgrade's winter training camp in January 2011. I've seen some talented young players in person during my lifetime, and I can say that I've seen only 1 more naturally talented young player than Markovic, and that was Dragan Stojkovic. I don't know if Markovic will ever succeed at LFC, but I do know that I will never trust your judgement on young player's ability and talent again.

I take it you're just talking about young players you seen in person not over all

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2017, 02:13:54 pm »
Ward is highly rated by the club and don't be shocked if he is out number 1 or 2 at the club next season.

Both keepers currently here are not good enough.
Yet both Keepers are miles ahead of Ward...

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2017, 09:45:26 pm »
The first time I watched Markovic in person was during Partizan Belgrade's winter training camp in January 2011. I've seen some talented young players in person during my lifetime, and I can say that I've seen only 1 more naturally talented young player than Markovic, and that was Dragan Stojkovic. I don't know if Markovic will ever succeed at LFC, but I do know that I will never trust your judgement on young player's ability and talent again.
Wow, so you actually believe the reason Markovic is out on loan is because of behavioral or mentality issues rather than footballing reasons? Even though nothing of the sort has been reported or even speculated?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2017, 09:49:14 pm »
Wow, so you actually believe the reason Markovic is out on loan is because of behavioral or mentality issues rather than footballing reasons? Even though nothing of the sort has been reported or even speculated?
At this level the difference between being a top player and an average PL players is just about mentality.....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »
:lmao You never hear of Sonny Pike or Freddy Adu? Just because kids look good doesnt mean they will make it.

Nope. I mean, I googled him now, but haven'r heard of him beforehand

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #405 on: April 18, 2017, 10:26:17 am »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:59 pm »
Ryan Kent..

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sucram1971/status/853993122220711938/video/1

Bearing in mind how long he held onto the ball, notice the complete lack of anyone getting beyond him (full back or midfield runner). This kid could be outstanding with us. Hope he's given a chance in pre-season.

He scored this weekend as well didn't he?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:24 pm »
I take it you're just talking about young players you seen in person not over all

Mate, I've seen in person young players like Savicevic, Boban, Suker and Prosinecki. I've even played against the likes of Mijatovic and Boksic at youth tournaments. Like I said, the only more naturally talented young player than Markovic that I have ever seen was Dragan Stojkovic Piksi. Once again, I don't know if Markovic has the mentality to succeed at LFC, or even in the Premier League, but the talent is there.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2017, 10:40:38 pm »
Mate, I've seen in person young players like Savicevic, Boban, Suker and Prosinecki. I've even played against the likes of Mijatovic and Boksic at youth tournaments. Like I said, the only more naturally talented young player than Markovic that I have ever seen was Dragan Stojkovic Piksi. Once again, I don't know if Markovic has the mentality to succeed at LFC, or even in the Premier League, but the talent is there.

Fucking hell

That's classic mac red there..

:lmao

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2017, 10:58:15 pm »
Fucking hell

That's classic mac red there..

Mate, I was never that good, even before my career ending injury, although I earned a couple of call-ups for training camps at U-16 and U-17 level, but I had the honor of watching in person and sometimes even playing against some of the players of the most talented generation in the history of Yugoslav football. It is such a shame that the country disintegrated, when we could have dominated World football for at least a decade.

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2017, 11:22:35 pm »
The problem with Markovic was very much his footballing ability and nothing to do with his mentality. Anybody could theoretically work their way into Klopp's squad, but the probability of Markovic doing that is miniscule at best.

He is very very talented just watch his performance against Juve and Inter.. He suffered because he moved too soon , we bought him because we thought he can be 50m player in the future without having a plan for him or a role in the team suited to his strengths..

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:39 pm »
Mate, I was never that good, even before my career ending injury, although I earned a couple of call-ups for training camps at U-16 and U-17 level, but I had the honor of watching in person and sometimes even playing against some of the players of the most talented generation in the history of Yugoslav football. It is such a shame that the country disintegrated, when we could have dominated World football for at least a decade.
Yeah imagine making a best XI from a selection of players from Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia... That would be some team that!

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2017, 04:44:37 pm »
Just wanted to say a little bit on Ryan Kent. I have felt ever since I saw him in pre season in 2015 that this kids has IT.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LqnU6uwt40Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LqnU6uwt40Y</a>

In my opinion he is the most exciting attacker in our young system this comes down to his serious skill, serious pace, and I'm delighted to see has packed on a lot of muscle, he actually has developed very similar build to Ronaldo which is amazing to see.

I cant overstate how impressed I have been with Kent's skill in competitive matches. Every highlight I see he is constantly beating men with skill moves, its not often you see this (especially in the championship), Its the fact that he has the bravery to attempt them which I love.

Take someone like Raheem Sterling for a comparison, he has seering pace but when did you last see Raheem Sterling do a double Nutmeg, or roulette, or perfect Ronaldo Chop in the middle of a competitive fixture to beat a man?

For me not many players who do this kind of thing come to mind and they are all world class. These are players that have the physique which I see Kent now has combined with the skill and the pace.

Off the top of the head its Bale, Robben, and Ronaldo. For me he share the biggest similarity with Robben this mainly comes down to the skill he uses to beat a man.

Bale at 20 years old 6 goals in 96 appearances for Spurs at left back.
Ronaldo at 20 had 15 goals in 90 appearances for Utd
Robben at 20 had around 30 goals in ~90 for Groningen/PSV

Kent at 20 has 5 in 56 on Loan in the Championship/League 1, if he wants to be world class I feel next season is massive for him.

Ill leave you with some highlights which are worth a watch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/06P6xXjoM_s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/06P6xXjoM_s</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9x8cXB2nG64" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9x8cXB2nG64</a>

And just last week he scored again and got 1 assist (could have been 2 had it not been for bad finishing)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xGtpr8ft1ok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xGtpr8ft1ok</a>

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2017, 07:02:58 pm »
Will never play for us...

When he left Coventry, I read an interview with one of their coaches about him.  They weren't exactly glowing....
W

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
Ryan Kent is playing regular Championship football while Coventry are rock bottom of League One. Who cares that one lower league coach had bad things to say about him when he's already moved on to bigger and better things?

Kent will have a good career somewhere, but it feels like a bit of a stretch to think it would be here.

I cant overstate how impressed I have been with Kent's skill in competitive matches. Every highlight I see he is constantly beating men with skill moves, its not often you see this (especially in the championship), Its the fact that he has the bravery to attempt them which I love.

Take someone like Raheem Sterling for a comparison, he has seering pace but when did you last see Raheem Sterling do a double Nutmeg, or roulette, or perfect Ronaldo Chop in the middle of a competitive fixture to beat a man?

For me not many players who do this kind of thing come to mind and they are all world class. These are players that have the physique which I see Kent now has combined with the skill and the pace.

A lot of players have those sort of moves coached out of them, Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't do many tricks any more. And as for them all being world class: have you seen much Gary MacKay-Steven?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UdqPtcwfpA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »
Yeah imagine making a best XI from a selection of players from Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia... That would be some team that!
I have been saying this for years

They had the potential to win euro 92 easily

And I'm convinced they'd have won a world cup
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2017, 10:29:18 pm »
I have been saying this for years

They had the potential to win euro 92 easily

And I'm convinced they'd have won a world cup
#ifithadenerbeenforthegenocidalmurderingbastards
W

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2017, 01:45:29 am »
Kent seems okay but do we really want him playing for us when we're trying to win the league?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:21 am »
Kent seems okay but do we really want him playing for us when we're trying to win the league?
Did you think the same about Flanagan in 13/14?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:53 am »

I've seen worse youth-promoted squad players win the league...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:53 am »
Kent seems to have the same positioning and movement issues that Ibe had, he looks quick and skilful on the ball but always has 2-3 opposition players between him and the goal or a teammate. These wide players keep getting compared to Sterling but Woodburn and maybe Wilson aside they've been way behind. We laugh at Sterling and his horrible close range misses quite a lot but how often do you see Kent or Ibe even get into those positions?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 21, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »
Kent seems to have the same positioning and movement issues that Ibe had, he looks quick and skilful on the ball but always has 2-3 opposition players between him and the goal or a teammate. These wide players keep getting compared to Sterling but Woodburn and maybe Wilson aside they've been way behind. We laugh at Sterling and his horrible close range misses quite a lot but how often do you see Kent or Ibe even get into those positions?

I'm going to call bullshit on that one i'm afraid. Don't agree at all.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:59 pm »
I'm going to call bullshit on that one i'm afraid. Don't agree at all.

I'm only basing it on some reserve games, his preseason outings and a few all touch videos as that's all I've seen of him in the past year or so, but he generally picks the ball up from deep and out wide and then tries to make something out of nothing, whereas with the likes of Wilson and Woodburn you'll see them popping up in the gaps between defence and midfield, running in behind and taking up good positions in the box. Maybe it's something that he'll develop over time but it feels like that movement and anticipation is something the best players usually have at even a young age.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:45 pm »
Did you think the same about Flanagan in 13/14?
Yes, who didn't?

Online Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2017, 03:18:18 pm »
I've watched a few Barnsley games and I don't recognise this at all, both is terms of how the teams are set up to play and the outcomes. I hope you're not falling into the usual anti-skilled players trap that's so prevalent in the media.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:20:01 pm by Red Bird »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #425 on: April 22, 2017, 03:27:21 pm »
Yes, who didn't?

Me. I thought Flanno worked his bollocks off for us that season and was there on merit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 22, 2017, 04:02:23 pm »
I've watched a few Barnsley games and I don't recognise this at all, both is terms of how the teams are set up to play and the outcomes. I hope you're not falling into the usual anti-skilled players trap that's so prevalent in the media.

Is this a thing? The media are constantly fawning over skillful players, Adama Traore has been the perfect example this season of the media loving a player who looks great but ultimately doesn't produce anything.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #427 on: April 22, 2017, 04:47:38 pm »
Lazar scored. I still have a soft spot for him even though I'm certain he's off in the summer.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #428 on: April 22, 2017, 05:26:19 pm »
Lazar scored. I still have a soft spot for him even though I'm certain he's off in the summer.

This seems to be another loan that's working out.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #429 on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:16 pm »
Me too, would love to have seen him prove himself with us.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #431 on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:47 pm »

Not being funny Mac but Yugoslavia has always had outrageously talented footballers the problem was always getting the players to gel. For me Yugoslavia was always a bit like the outrageously talented Dutch teams, great players but didn't have the mentality to cope with a team as mentally strong as Germany.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 22, 2017, 08:58:25 pm »
Aye that Yugoslav generation of the late 80's and 90's could've ruled world football.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 22, 2017, 09:31:38 pm »
Not being funny Mac but Yugoslavia has always had outrageously talented footballers the problem was always getting the players to gel. For me Yugoslavia was always a bit like the outrageously talented Dutch teams, great players but didn't have the mentality to cope with a team as mentally strong as Germany.

That is true Al, but the main problem was always that the national team managers were trying to fit all the best players into the team, instead of compiling the most functional team and leaving out some of the stars. A bit like the problems England have experienced with their "golden" generation. Ivica Osim was the first Yugoslav national team manager who was not afraid to drop some stars, and he got into the quarter-finals of the 1990 World Cup.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #434 on: April 22, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »
That is true Al, but the main problem was always that the national team managers were trying to fit all the best players into the team, instead of compiling the most functional team and leaving out some of the stars. A bit like the problems England have experienced with their "golden" generation. Ivica Osim was the first Yugoslav national team manager who was not afraid to drop some stars, and he got into the quarter-finals of the 1990 World Cup.

It's easier said than done though mate.

Outrageous talent often goes with an outrageous ego. One of life's mysterious has to be why the Dutch National team has never won a World Cup. Look at France now ridiculously talented but mentally fragile.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2017, 09:48:58 pm »
Aye that Yugoslav generation of the late 80's and 90's could've ruled world football.
needs its own thread. What a team

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2017, 09:50:35 pm »
Hopefully we'll be able to get around £40m for Sakho and Markovic, both have had very fruitful spells on loan and it's highly unlikely they'll be back playing for us.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2017, 10:00:46 pm »
Hopefully we'll be able to get around £40m for Sakho and Markovic, both have had very fruitful spells on loan and it's highly unlikely they'll be back playing for us.
I would think that's a realistic sum. Marko was always surplus and mama is too now, so re-investing the money we get for them is an exciting prospect.
If we replace those two with like for like players who are better, that would be a good start to our spending.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2017, 10:10:22 pm »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 22, 2017, 11:27:36 pm »