Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307134 times)

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16120 on: March 5, 2017, 11:28:08 am »
Hannon would be no loss anyway.

Really enjoyed Neil's post match article.

Craig Hannan is ace, and i'm made up to clarify that he now works for us full-time.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16121 on: March 5, 2017, 11:31:17 am »
Enjoyed the pink...

I like the feeling that it's just mates down the pub having a chat about a win makes it great.

The story about losing a finger.... Funny even without the details!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16122 on: March 5, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
I didn't even know Hannan worked for the Echo.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16123 on: March 5, 2017, 12:37:36 pm »

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16124 on: March 5, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »
Craig Hannan is ace, and i'm made up to clarify that he now works for us full-time.

Great news this. CH is boss.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16125 on: March 5, 2017, 01:12:42 pm »
Listening to the pink now. Getting weird looks from my missus as I'm pissing myself laughing at Ben Johnno talk about how pissed Alan Kennedy was. Great stuff.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16126 on: March 5, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »
Enjoyed the talk about Oxlade-Chamberlain booting the ball onto the roof of the Anfield Road end. Was funny seeing it bouncing around up there from my seat in the main stand.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16127 on: March 5, 2017, 07:12:07 pm »
Ben Jonno is worth a fiver a month of anyone's money. Was on a train back from Bangor after running a half marathon almost wetting myself.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16128 on: March 5, 2017, 07:37:20 pm »
He's damn right about the price of cough medicine.  Been waiting my whole life for somebody to have the guts to say it.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16129 on: March 5, 2017, 08:11:30 pm »
He's damn right about the price of cough medicine.  Been waiting my whole life for somebody to have the guts to say it.

Coldsore cream is worse. Absolute highway robbery

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16130 on: March 5, 2017, 08:12:48 pm »
cough medicine doesn't help though. Just comforts. Doesn't make it go away. ☹️

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #16131 on: March 5, 2017, 09:29:43 pm »

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #16132 on: March 5, 2017, 10:03:24 pm »
Not sure why they've removed the Friday show from TAW and put it on a whole new platform.

I always enjoyed the Friday show, and I'll listen to it on 50/50 football but odd that people complained about the non-LFC content. I think it's one of the best shows.

Not sure on the name 50/50 football either. It's a bit "meh".
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16133 on: March 5, 2017, 10:12:05 pm »
Not sure why they've removed the Friday show from TAW and put it on a whole new platform.

I always enjoyed the Friday show, and I'll listen to it on 50/50 football but odd that people complained about the non-LFC content. I think it's one of the best shows.

I'd imagine the idea is to reach out to an audience that isn't necessarily that interested in Liverpool and hence isn't going to subscribe to something called The Anfield Wrap.  I think it's a good plan myself - as they say, they've built up a good network over the past couple of years, and I think it deserves a shot at a wider audience.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16134 on: March 5, 2017, 10:30:12 pm »

Makes absolute sense. A Sunderland fan or a Watford fan won't subscribe to TAW player. They'll listen to a weekend show thought that isn't paid for and doesn't focus on Liverpool

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16135 on: March 5, 2017, 10:31:27 pm »

Have they...?

Oh..  I enjoyed that...  so it won't come via my TAW automatic updates on my phone anymore?

:(

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #16136 on: March 6, 2017, 12:20:20 am »
Makes absolute sense. A Sunderland fan or a Watford fan won't subscribe to TAW player. They'll listen to a weekend show thought that isn't paid for and doesn't focus on Liverpool

I understand that but still keep it on TAW subscription page of Itunes. Means I've now got 2 podcast apps.

From a business perspective I understand putting the show on another platform, but there's no need to remove it from TAW.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #16137 on: March 6, 2017, 12:20:40 am »
Have they...?

Oh..  I enjoyed that...  so it won't come via my TAW automatic updates on my phone anymore?

:(

No, you need to download 50/50 football.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16138 on: March 6, 2017, 12:51:19 am »
Have they...?

The Friday Show and The Coach Home have been moved to 50/50 Football and they've added Team Talk to replace them on TAW.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16139 on: March 6, 2017, 06:43:26 am »
I understand that but still keep it on TAW subscription page of Itunes. Means I've now got 2 podcast apps.

From a business perspective I understand putting the show on another platform, but there's no need to remove it from TAW.

I haven't.  I've added 50/50 to my current podcast app.

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16140 on: March 6, 2017, 10:45:35 am »

It makes sense. We'll all subscribe to 50/50 Football and listen, meaning it will perform better in the iTunes chart which means it's likely to reach a bigger audience.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #16141 on: March 6, 2017, 12:38:48 pm »
Enjoyed the Pink but Firmino isn't a proper no.9. Proper no.9s score more than 4 goals in 4 months. Soz.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16142 on: March 6, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »
Enjoyed the Pink but Firmino isn't a proper no.9. Proper no.9s score more than 4 goals in 4 months. Soz.

Well, unless your name's Borini, Benteke, Balotelli, Lambert oh and errr Sturridge  ::)

I get your point though ... I was a bit nonplussed by that, especially when Don Vito of this parish included this little titbit in his Match Rating of our Bobby ...

'Been shite for seven weeks and wanted to fight the world tonight.'  ;D

All opinions though. I agreed more with whoever said he'd make a good second striker if Klopp played such a system.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16143 on: March 6, 2017, 11:24:08 pm »
That Pink was a Peach. A classic.

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16144 on: March 7, 2017, 11:35:25 am »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16145 on: March 7, 2017, 12:00:01 pm »
^ Ouch! Fucking hell - poor fella.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16146 on: March 7, 2017, 12:46:46 pm »

With regards to the free podcast, for me Gutmann was right that Coutinho will give you more goals-per-minute than Firmino, so for Neil to isolate Coutinho about our lack of goals from the front three across a season seemed unfair.

For me I'm not sure there's space for both in a front three against the bus parkers. Whether that means Coutinho in midfield or one of the two on the bench at times (as Neil pointed out, we'll have Europe next season), I'm not arsed.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #16147 on: March 7, 2017, 01:08:24 pm »
Ben Johnno is an absolute comedy king -- him on the pink every time we win please. Worth the 5 pounds just for that.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16148 on: March 7, 2017, 02:16:42 pm »
Bang on from Adam Melia.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16149 on: March 7, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »
Just listened to AFW football...

I thought the discussion on foreign/day tripping fans was outstanding. 

A really considered and sensible view that Andy put across that reflected ad respected both sides of the debate.
W

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16150 on: March 7, 2017, 11:17:03 pm »
Evening, if you enjoy TAW podcasts we'd appreciate a vote for this - The Listeners' Award in the new British Podcast Awards: https://www.britishpodcastawards.com/vote/

Thanks.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16151 on: March 7, 2017, 11:37:16 pm »
Yeah, didn't really agree with the 'false number 9' argument regarding Firmino - false no 9s have to score much more than he does.

And I think it was telling when Origi came on - he didn't actually do much but he had a header that almost went in. I think it highlights the fact our team hasn't yet accommodated a natural goalscorer who can conjure up something from nothing. We will undoubtedly need that when we aren't firing on all cylinders.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16152 on: March 8, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »
This was the best AFQ Football yet I thought.  Seems it's going to have to be a more serious show than the regular AFQ if it's to work, but that's fine.  Mel's a good host for that kind of thing, because she seems to have a very wide football knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2017, 01:34:57 pm by Iska »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16153 on: March 8, 2017, 12:57:55 pm »
Evening, if you enjoy TAW podcasts we'd appreciate a vote for this - The Listeners' Award in the new British Podcast Awards: https://www.britishpodcastawards.com/vote/

Thanks.

Done.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16154 on: March 8, 2017, 01:19:23 pm »

Thanks.

Voted.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16155 on: March 8, 2017, 11:10:05 pm »
Agree the latest AFQF was the best so far. Questions - and therefore answers - far more interesting than on the past couple, don't know whether someone picked out a few of the better questions first rather than scrolling through while recording? Certainly seemed as though the shite questions had been weeded out. Really good show in the making.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16156 on: March 9, 2017, 05:37:01 am »
The Alan Kennedy crossbar challenge is on the Tunnelcam video on YouTube.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #16157 on: March 9, 2017, 09:24:19 am »

Thanks.

Done
We are Liverpool!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16158 on: March 9, 2017, 10:33:28 am »

Thanks.

Done, it's dead easy to vote, good luck

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16159 on: March 9, 2017, 11:32:34 am »
I put in a vote for 50/50 Football, just because I was surprised to find out I could.  Apologies in advance if you lose by one.