Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307185 times)

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16040 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »
Lucas interview was boss! How humble is the guy? Loved him saying he wants to leave through the front door and respect is the most important thing for him. Just a fantastic example to others. Strong message to the fans too about the right way and wrong way to provide criticism/feedback. Lucas is a jet. Awesome interview guys, thank you!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16041 on: February 23, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »
Pacheco.
Yeah, it was Albert Riera who hit him wasn't it?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16042 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:10 pm »
Fairly new subscriber, just want to echo lots of what has been said.
The Damian Hughes stuff was brilliant. So much high level stuff is often spoken about culture, but breaking it down into behaviours and using the examples he did was fantastic and gave insight into why certain players may be shown the door.

Listened to the Lucas interview this morning and as others have said, I found bits of it quite hard, especially him talking about getting stick.
But a brilliant interview, thanks to the lads and Lucas, stuff like this is really appreciated.

I'm always going on about insight and how much mainstream sports media provides anything but, usually operating at clickbait, phone bait, "banter" level. But the fact that the above 2 shows have come out in a week were the sports agenda has been dominated by the ***'s latest pathetic publicity stunt, for me illustrates the gap between the old media and the new. People will pay for content if it's of the right quality and and clearly tailored to a specific audience. If you cant get people to pay, any attempt at quality disappears and its about cheap publicity and volume clicks.

Finally, enjoyed the cup of tea with Graham Beecroft, brought back memories - Bob Azurdia and Brian Mcevoy. I remember listening to Matchnight  before I was allowed to go on my own.
Keep it up lads and thanks again.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16043 on: February 23, 2017, 02:24:43 pm »
Finally, enjoyed the cup of tea with Graham Beecroft, brought back memories - Bob Azurdia and Brian Mcevoy. I remember listening to Matchnight  before I was allowed to go on my own.
Keep it up lads and thanks again.

Just wanted to echo this. He used to wind me up on Talk Sport (when I listened to it) but he came across really well.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16044 on: February 23, 2017, 07:58:45 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16045 on: February 23, 2017, 09:27:44 pm »
Just wanted to echo this. He used to wind me up on Talk Sport (when I listened to it) but he came across really well.
There's a touch of jimmy hill about him..

In that he sums up all the Corinthian spirit of the game, but can at times be a touch irrritating.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16046 on: February 23, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »
Damian Hughes loves giving people an example....

Great listen. Even if at times it was a little like listening to someone who thinks he's a lot smarter than everyone else

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #16047 on: February 24, 2017, 12:46:38 am »
Interesting that the Echo is practically copying what TAW is doing...I think the magic with TAW is because of its origin and makeup so I would not be too bothered about the competition. In a way, competition is good for the consumer :) though I doubt anything out there comes close to the quality of TAW. Best 6-7ish dollar I spend every month :)
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16048 on: February 24, 2017, 03:21:44 am »
Lucas has a tremendous attitude. Love him for that alone

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16049 on: February 24, 2017, 07:07:28 am »
Lucas has a tremendous attitude. Love him for that alone
And people say players aren't connected to the fans.... So obviously untrue.

What was astonishing to me was that he appreciated being asked to do the interview.

I would have assumed that players would want to swerve that kind of thing, great to see they don't.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16050 on: February 24, 2017, 09:09:57 am »
Have seen a few times on here that the 'wrong topics' are discussed on Wildcards. We're recording a new one tonight so here's your chance to tell us the 'right' ones.

I need suggestions for debates on the show about:

– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic

Ta!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16051 on: February 24, 2017, 09:17:37 am »
Have seen a few times on here that the 'wrong topics' are discussed on Wildcards. We're recording a new one tonight so here's your chance to tell us the 'right' ones.

– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic

Ta!

– LFC present - 4-3-3 for 2017/18?
– LFC past  - most under rated atmosphere?
– General football - Who's the future 'best player in the World'?
– A random topic - best town in the south of England?

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16052 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:20 am »

– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic

Ta!

Present - The effect the media has on current LFC (in light of Karius anger over Neville/Carragher, Lucas joking about Sky calling us shit, Hamann speaking out against Klopp)
Past - Where would LFC be now if they chose Pelligrini instead of Hodgson in 2010
General football - the Leicester/Ranieri situation
Random topic - Could you live in some small town in Tory heartland? Or alternatively Where would you choose to live if you could in the UK if you didn't live on Merseyside?

Not sure if any of those have been asked in the past as I don't listen to every show or half of the AFQs

I think the questions are fine normally anyway, keep up the good work
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16053 on: February 24, 2017, 10:13:48 am »
– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic
- season tickets
- no.9s
- betting and football
- America

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16054 on: February 24, 2017, 10:25:06 am »

-How ambitious are the owners?
-Joe Fagan's short but fantastic tenure as manager.
-Are Barcelona finished?
-Peculiar childhood celebrity crush
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:28:34 am by DangerScouse »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16055 on: February 24, 2017, 10:48:24 am »
- Do we need to sign a top-class number nine to have a serious shot at the title next season? If so, who would you target, and where would you play Firmino? If not, why not? (Last title winners without a 20+ league goals only player in their ranks in same season was United in 08/09...and they still had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov all chipping in  :lmao)

- LFC player you've had the biggest man crush on? Whether it's based on looks, playing style, personality, or ideally a combination of all... bit of light-hearted homoeroticism required I think.

- +1 Ranieri/Leicester - Was it the right decision? Do you think it is reflective of modern football having no soul? (Perhaps an interesting flip is if Rodgers had won the league in 13/14 - what would it have taken for you to wanted him to be sacked during the next campaign?! Obviously baring in mind we're a bigger club...)

- Trump. I don't care about America but still haven't heard anyone on TAW really talk about him so fuck it. Do you like/not mind anything he is doing/trying to do?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:53:46 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16056 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:55 am »
– LFC present: The FA Cup - How upset were you when we went out of it? Should we have played stronger teams throughout the competition?

– LFC past: What is your number one Liverpool match or moment that made you considering swerving football for good?

– General football: The concept of a 'European Super League' - exciting, or another signal of the death of football as we know it?

– A random topic: Scouse twitter - who to follow, who to avoid, the best things to happen on it (Lilt deliveries, big toes etc).

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #16057 on: February 24, 2017, 11:35:25 am »
– LFC present - Have we seen what Klopp wants to make this team turn into now? Is there anything he is yet to show us (or you hope he has)
– LFC past - Kop icons of the past, what did they have in common and has this changed over the years?
– General football - What is the captains role in today's game?
– A random topic - match up an actor/actress to play the role of politicians in a make-believe film
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline elliotsmith101

• Main Stander
« Reply #16058 on: February 24, 2017, 11:35:59 am »

– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic

Ta!

LFC Present: Which of our players could you see playing at the club for 10 years a la Lucas, and which player would you most like to?
LFC Past: How different would things have turned out if we signed Anelka over Diouf in 2002?
General Football: Would stopping the clock and having 80 minute games like in rugby be a solution to time wasting and cynical play, and produce more entertaining football?
Random topic: The raz (blue angel)... yay or nay? Or is that just a student thing?

Offline Shooter

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16059 on: February 24, 2017, 12:28:52 pm »

– LFC present
– LFC past
– General football
– A random topic

Ta!

- New kirkby academy plans
- Michael Owen
- Ranieri
- Favourite non-football podcasts

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #16060 on: February 24, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »
Ta for these. Votes are up on our Twitter now.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16061 on: February 24, 2017, 03:08:04 pm »
You lads must've been sick when Leicester randomly sacked Ranieri on a Thursday evening
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16062 on: February 26, 2017, 01:34:46 pm »
Damian Hughes loves giving people an example....

Great listen. Even if at times it was a little like listening to someone who thinks he's a lot smarter than everyone else
Well on cultivating a winning culture I guess he's justified in thinking he's the smartest person in the room. Being a professor in his field is possibly a reason he speaks with a self-assured authority.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #16063 on: February 26, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »
Ta for these. Votes are up on our Twitter now.

Fuck all that Twitter/Facebook/Instagram etc. shite Gareth, what abah us Neanderthals, how do we vote? Set one of those poll things up on here or somethin'. It's discrimination against arl arses that's what it is. No wonder yer twitter polls are all skewif! Fucking full of blerts!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:02:00 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #16064 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:32 pm »
Get George on the tannoy, decide the next poll by a show of hands on the Kop  ;D

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16065 on: February 27, 2017, 06:04:07 pm »
Again, Wildcards was a good listen as ever. Although I am one of the ''Why do people pick the wrong options!" crowd - sometimes more seriously than others, it does impress me how often I go from being fairly underwhelmed by the choice to engaged in the discussion & finding it interesting which I guess is where some of the frustration comes from. You sort of think if it's this good talking about the option I didn't want then it would be amazing if they were doing the better option. As I say, it's mainly tongue in cheek, though despite that I enjoyed Robbo's intro!

It does seem to me that it's more often than not the interesting fan issue / going the game culture options that get swerved in the vote. Maybe it would be good to have LFC footie (mix of past/present), fan issue / going the game (e.g. best away ground, season tickets, improve access for youth type options), general footie & random. Just think that this is the stuff TAW do best - I remember a show many moons ago where you had a sort of round table on issues of atmosphere, tickets, access etc. and it remains one of the best pods you've done to this day in my eyes. Can't fault you's because you come up with interesting options along these lines but they almost never come to being discussed so might be best to look at other ways of getting them out there.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #16066 on: February 27, 2017, 06:18:24 pm »
Get George on the tannoy, decide the next poll by a show of hands on the Kop  ;D

:thumbup
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16067 on: February 27, 2017, 09:55:10 pm »
Pink should be errrr ... educational tonight  :-X

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16068 on: February 27, 2017, 09:55:36 pm »
Which poor bastards are on Pink duty then?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16069 on: February 27, 2017, 09:56:13 pm »
Yep,the pink will be explosive for sure!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16070 on: February 27, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »
It might just be the sound of four slumped heads round a dictaphone.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16071 on: February 27, 2017, 10:50:54 pm »
I imagine the Pink will just be Neil reciting Brando's bits from Apocalypse Now.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16072 on: February 27, 2017, 11:07:39 pm »
Pink's up. :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16073 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:10 pm »
Pink's up. :wave
Meila is on too. Suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.
Was hoping for Ben Johnno, but Melia will do.

Need some light relief after that. Porn and soft drugs can only get you so far.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16074 on: February 28, 2017, 12:00:44 am »
I imagine the Pink will just be Neil reciting Brando's bits from Apocalypse Now.
We got the indie-rock equivalent.  Incredible synchronicity.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #16075 on: February 28, 2017, 12:05:29 am »
Meila is on too. Suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.
Was hoping for Ben Johnno, but Melia will do.

Need some light relief after that. Porn and soft drugs can only get you so far.
Maybe try some hard drugs and soft porn after that shite tonight.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16076 on: February 28, 2017, 12:06:57 am »
Strange, bland, anodyne Pink  :o

I suspect the passion has been sucked out of them by that shower on the pitch.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16077 on: February 28, 2017, 01:34:47 am »
Feel sorry for the lads/ladies who'll have to witter on about Peter Moore tomorrow, I'd want a day off after a result like that personally ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16078 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:36 am »
You lads must've been sick when Leicester randomly sacked Ranieri on a Thursday evening
I thought that as well, especially as I have lobbied for the Friday show to come out as early as possible Thursday evening ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16079 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:32 am »
I thought the lads did well to make anything of that shite last night. It pretty much reflected my mood.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.