Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307153 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #15960 on: February 8, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »
Enjoyed the AFQ football, and the new backpage episode.

Having heard the Gary Neville v Arsenal fans live during the game what seemed to annoy him the most was that the fan had brought the banner into the ground in the first place in the hope of a bad result which really isn't productive.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #15961 on: February 8, 2017, 07:28:42 pm »
Just listened to the cup of tea with Tony Evans and thought Andy was excellent as host and at challenging Tony's views on things.

Got to agree with others who said he contradicted himself throughout.  Didn't find him necessarily completely negative, but flip flopped on various things as the show went on.
I think his input was much better as the show wen't on, cause at the beginning he was simply Mr Negative.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15962 on: February 8, 2017, 08:52:00 pm »
Great to hear about the origins of the word 'brace' from Mike Nev, never knew that. ;D

Offline Lovely Man

• Main Stander
  • I have Mr Mime
« Reply #15963 on: February 9, 2017, 09:49:39 am »
I like the branching out into more general football matters, it feels fluid and is still excellent content.

How about a show on XI's?
Haddaway - "What is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #15964 on: February 9, 2017, 10:39:58 am »
Back Page was great, Robbo channelling his inner Joe Kinnear  :lmao

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15965 on: February 9, 2017, 02:07:12 pm »
"Which one is Simon Bird?"

Get the whole transcript framed in football's Hall Of Fame.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15966 on: February 9, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Anyone know how i can use tawplayer on android pocket casts?

EDIT: I have found a way now, but the tawplayer podcasts only go as far as November 2016.

I've tried presssing unsubsribe and putting the link in again to no avail.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:42:56 pm by Andy Hunter »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #15967 on: February 11, 2017, 12:09:05 pm »
Anyone know how i can use tawplayer on android pocket casts?

EDIT: I have found a way now, but the tawplayer podcasts only go as far as November 2016.

I've tried presssing unsubsribe and putting the link in again to no avail.
same here, using the URL: https://username:password@www.theanfieldwrap.com/player/subscribe

(substituting my user/pass of course)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15968 on: February 11, 2017, 08:52:08 pm »
Robbo just popped up on BT Sports there, talking about Steve McMahon. ;D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15969 on: February 11, 2017, 11:41:55 pm »
Gibbo had a couple of drinks before The Pink then, yeah?    :wave

Talking in slow motion, under water, through a bog roll tube.   ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15970 on: February 12, 2017, 01:36:18 am »
Great pink. Thought Filipa, Charlotte and slow motion Gibbo work well together

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #15971 on: February 12, 2017, 09:34:33 am »
Agree with that. Enjoyed slow motion Gibbo talking about bullying Tottenham.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #15972 on: February 12, 2017, 10:49:47 am »
Slow motion Gibbo :lmao

Online justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15973 on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
WSMGWWAW

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15974 on: February 12, 2017, 12:24:48 pm »
#SLOMOGIBBO

This is now the voice of the red's renaissance.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #15975 on: February 12, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
The slower he gets, the quicker our movement.  If you listen back to the Wrap from the days of Poulsen and Charlie Adam, Gibbo sounds like JFK.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15976 on: February 12, 2017, 08:19:37 pm »
Haha I thought it was just me, the fuck was up with Gibbo :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15977 on: February 12, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »
Gibbo has well had a bevvy and gone for a different Gibbo approach.

Listening as I type. Fucking funny this.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #15978 on: February 13, 2017, 09:24:35 am »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15979 on: February 13, 2017, 09:31:21 am »
If you watched the half-time and full-time TAW live Facebook videos you'll understand why Gibbo was in slow motion. Steaming and barely able to stand.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #15980 on: February 13, 2017, 11:57:39 am »
Great pink. Thought Filipa, Charlotte and slow motion Gibbo work well together

Not normally a fan of The Pink but thought Saturday's episode was good.

Gibbo was funny and just about coherent but really thought Philippa and Charlotte were great on it. Never heard Charlotte on TAW before. If that was her 1st show then it was a cracking debut. Spoke really confidently and made a few decent points throughout.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #15981 on: February 13, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »
Never mind the public letting us down with Wildcards votes. They need to stop asking music questions on AFQ.
Two of my suggestions from the FB group went to the vote. Both came second.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #15982 on: February 14, 2017, 03:13:48 pm »
Keep going Sim-y... HAHA!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15983 on: February 14, 2017, 08:41:37 pm »
If you watched the half-time and full-time TAW live Facebook videos you'll understand why Gibbo was in slow motion. Steaming and barely able to stand.

I've just seen it on his home and away.

What a man, I was crying on the bus watching it

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15984 on: February 14, 2017, 09:26:06 pm »
I've just seen it on his home and away.

What a man, I was crying on the bus watching it
The whole thing's great but the letch he gives to the camera at the start is incredible.

You'd think I'd never seen anyone drunk before but it remains magical.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #15985 on: February 15, 2017, 07:06:31 am »
The whole thing's great but the letch he gives to the camera at the start is incredible.

Just watched it on facebook based on your recommendation. It's quite something hahah

Offline Carrafan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15986 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:32 am »
Surprised in Wildcards by Neil's sweeping judgements about the non London South. I usually fully agree with his objections to the shite stereotyping that Liverpool as a city and Liverpool fans have to endure. As someone from one of those non London southern areas, I'd like to assure him we aren't all knuckle dragging, Steve Claridge loving, Tory voters. Some of us have even been long time Wrap subscribers. Cheers.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15987 on: February 15, 2017, 09:50:42 am »
I found the 'must be based in Liverpool' part of the discussion hard to listen to. Surely it's all dependent on what the job requires?

If a key part of the job requires commercial dealings, meetings etc, and the vast majority of decision makers from the partners you're wishing to do business with are based elsewhere, surely it makes complete sense to base yourselves closer? Cost is irrelevant, largely, it's about saving time, convenience etc. If this is against the wishes of Liverpool fans, and the previous statement isn't complete hogwash in regard to the discussion, then it seems it's the fan's wishes that are the issue here and are what makes it harder for the 'CEO' or whoever to do their job.

If your job is to scout players in South America, it doesn't make sense to travel from Liverpool everyday.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #15988 on: February 15, 2017, 10:05:44 am »
I found the 'must be based in Liverpool' part of the discussion hard to listen to. Surely it's all dependent on what the job requires?

If a key part of the job requires commercial dealings, meetings etc, and the vast majority of decision makers from the partners you're wishing to do business with are based elsewhere, surely it makes complete sense to base yourselves closer? Cost is irrelevant, largely, it's about saving time, convenience etc. If this is against the wishes of Liverpool fans, and the previous statement isn't complete hogwash in regard to the discussion, then it seems it's the fan's wishes that are the issue here and are what makes it harder for the 'CEO' or whoever to do their job.

If your job is to scout players in South America, it doesn't make sense to travel from Liverpool everyday.

The discussion, specifically, was about the CEO
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15989 on: February 15, 2017, 10:13:35 am »
The discussion, specifically, was about the CEO

Yep, but think it's fair to say it went slightly off on a tangent? Maybe that was just me, fine if so, but point is - has Ayre ever been based outside of Liverpool? If not, what's the concern if it was specifically around the CEO?

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #15990 on: February 15, 2017, 11:10:13 am »
Yep, but think it's fair to say it went slightly off on a tangent? Maybe that was just me, fine if so, but point is - has Ayre ever been based outside of Liverpool? If not, what's the concern if it was specifically around the CEO?

Essentially, it evolved into the leadership team and it being fractured, at least geographically, between Liverpool, London and Boston.

No one is saying that EVERY employee should be based in Liverpool, but the MD (Ayre's pre CEO position) now being based in London it's a little bit strange.

IMO, its complicated enough for one of the worlds leading clubs to effectively have to work on a -5 hour time shift when big decisions have to be made, let alone having the MD and CEO at opposite ends of the country.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15991 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15:20 am »
The MD (or CEO, whatever we end up with) should really be based in Liverpool given it's a hands on role (as opposed to a Chairman/Owner which isn't really a day to day hands on role).

I'm not sure if Hogan as MD is a temporary role until the position is filled in the summer (when I assume the person we want becomes available), in which case we can probably survive him being London based until then, but I'd like to see the new guy be in Liverpool for sure.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #15992 on: February 15, 2017, 11:18:45 am »
Do we know how much time Ayre spends in Liverpool?

If he was more often than not getting on a train/flying down south then I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15993 on: February 15, 2017, 11:33:55 am »
If by way of documentary evidence, I now live in the south - much to my chagrin - and it's full of c*nts and whoppers tbf.

At the very least, they're in the majority.

Charming.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #15994 on: February 15, 2017, 11:49:59 am »
Go to london. I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15995 on: February 15, 2017, 01:05:15 pm »

;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15996 on: February 15, 2017, 01:36:34 pm »
Essentially, it evolved into the leadership team and it being fractured, at least geographically, between Liverpool, London and Boston.

No one is saying that EVERY employee should be based in Liverpool, but the MD (Ayre's pre CEO position) now being based in London it's a little bit strange.

IMO, its complicated enough for one of the worlds leading clubs to effectively have to work on a -5 hour time shift when big decisions have to be made, let alone having the MD and CEO at opposite ends of the country.

Just re the bolded part, I know - and my scout analogy was admittedly (a little ?) facetious. That said - surely where the role is based is down to what the nature of the role entails? If it's based in Liverpool to appease a desire for the City to be recognised as capable as any other city (which it is), rather than to enable the occupier to do the job to the best of his ability - ie, using the least time to travel etc, I really don't see the point - and seems counter-productive.

To be clear, this isn't about London & Liverpool, simply location. Ultimately, we all want the club to be successful. If the CEO's/MD's/Whoever's role in that is to bring in the most cash from sponsorships/partnerships so Jurgen can bring in the best players, do we care where they're based? Why? The most important thing is that there's a team stepping out in Liverpool every other week that's funded to the best of the ability of the people that work at the club.

Of course, all of the above is utter nonsense if the vast majority of the MD role has no, or minimal, involvement in commercial dealings. Similarly if those counterparties involved in the deals aren't, in the majority, based away from Liverpool.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #15997 on: February 15, 2017, 03:45:11 pm »
The most senior official at the club should be based in the city.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15998 on: February 15, 2017, 04:00:40 pm »
The most senior official at the club should be based in the city.

I'd personally say the most senior day to day employee. Technically the Chairman would be the most senior official, but given that's really not going to be a day to day role it's not really something which requires being here.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15999 on: February 15, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »
When's the next 07/08 WWCH episode going up? At this rate, it's going to last longer than the actual season.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob