Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 43021 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2019, 03:15:27 pm »
Can gave his all & never caused any trouble before deciding to leave.

He was a good player for us too.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2019, 11:42:58 pm »
Never really rated him to be honest but that incredible overhead kick got us an extra two points which contributed hugely to our CL qualification, and the rest as they say is history.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2019, 11:40:36 am »
Never really rated him to be honest but that incredible overhead kick got us an extra two points which contributed hugely to our CL qualification, and the rest as they say is history.

Dosn't matter that he's not world class (obviously wasn't and isn't), but to not even rate a player who's played over 200 games in the prem, Serie A, Bundesliga and Champions League, and most of them for some of Europe's biggest clubs, is a little bit strange  ;D

Anyway, he's back in the Germany squad today rather surprisingly!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »
For some reason I liked his style of play at RB more than when he played in our midfield.

Always thought he was too slow for our MF.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:04 pm »
For some reason I liked his style of play at RB more than when he played in our midfield.

He definitely showed his best form for us at centre back. He should have got his head down and established himself as a top class ball playing centre back with an eye for a pass and goal. Still a good midfielder all being said.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 3, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
This years Danny drinkwater, not in sarris European squad

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #126 on: September 3, 2019, 07:45:45 pm »

Too slow for our midfield but you'd think he'd be able to flourish in the much slower Serie A. Even there he's put his better performances in at the back, even though he can't make a CL squad with Chiellini out and Barzagli retired.

Lucas for example. Great pro for us but didn't have the pace and mobility after his ACL. Still really good in Serie A at a decent Lazio side.

Even in that Juve midfield, if he can't get ahead of the even slower Khedira. It's not like it's the midfield they used to have with Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba et al.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #127 on: September 3, 2019, 09:45:24 pm »
This years Danny drinkwater, not in sarris European squad

Yikes, tuff luck Emre lad...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 4, 2019, 02:09:52 am »
yeah - that's just shocking...from playing in the CL Final, to Winning the Serie A, to not even being a part of the managers plans.

This all happened in 15 months....

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #129 on: September 4, 2019, 10:37:38 am »
Future captain of Germ....ahh FFS!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 4, 2019, 10:41:55 am »
Don’t get the need for digs. Saw out his contract, kept his month shut and gave it his all why he was here

Absolutely right. He signed a contract and saw it out. No hard feelings. Playing for Juve is a great job obviously. If you can get in the team.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #131 on: September 4, 2019, 10:51:17 am »
Listen, Emre Can absolutely made the right decision to go to Juventus. It's so much more beautiful in Italy, amazing nature, countryside, arts, culture, fashion and women ... in exchange we got a football player named Fabinho. And he can play.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #132 on: September 4, 2019, 10:52:28 am »
Listen, Emre Can absolutely made the right decision to go to Juventus. It's so much more beautiful in Italy, amazing nature, countryside, arts, culture, fashion and women ... in exchange we got a football player named Fabinho. And he can play.

Wow.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 4, 2019, 10:52:36 am »
He is, as you expect, not happy and has gone public about it too. Saying he was told he'd be in the CL squad, and that was the reason he didn't take up an offer of a move to PSG. 

“I’m extremely shocked,” he told Bild.

“Our conversation (with the coach) only lasted a minute and I wasn’t given a reason. It makes me angry and upset.

“I’ll draw my own conclusions and talk to the club after I return [from international duty].

“I was told and promised something else by the club last week. PSG came in for me, but I decided to stay with Juve.

“The condition was that I’d be in the Champions League.”

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #134 on: September 4, 2019, 11:05:17 am »
yeah - that's just shocking...from playing in the CL Final, to Winning the Serie A, to not even being a part of the managers plans.

Yep. Quite a change in fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if he exits in January if his national team spot is threatened

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 4, 2019, 11:12:38 am »
Yep. Quite a change in fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if he exits in January if his national team spot is threatened

He's only just got back in the squad too. Apart from being in one squad for National League games in Oct 2018, he's not been a regular in that squad since late 2017. One of the squads he missed out on was due to illness (although he may not have been picked anyway).

I was kinda surprised he got picked this time, although I guess they like that he can cover full-back and central defence, as they probably have plenty of better options in midfield.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 4, 2019, 02:37:19 pm »
Almost like Michael Owen in 2004/2005 without the hate :P
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 4, 2019, 03:00:21 pm »
Never really understood why he wanted to leave, I wonder if he regrets it.  Decent player anyway and I hope he finds a new club soon enough

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 4, 2019, 03:21:24 pm »
Really didn't understand the decision to leave for Juve. Not that i mind given how things turned out for us, but didn't really get it. Good luck to him. I guess.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #139 on: September 4, 2019, 04:06:54 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 4, 2019, 07:59:19 pm »
We are a much better team without him i must admit. I don't think he will be a starter for big clubs.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 4, 2019, 08:01:38 pm »
I often forget he ever played for us when doing a quiz on Sporcle.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 5, 2019, 10:53:12 am »
At least he's not cup tied.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #143 on: September 5, 2019, 11:41:09 am »

Juve has a bloated squad regardless... Even Mandzukic missed the CL squad. With Rabiot and Ramsey signing and Khedira+Matuidi+Pjanic+Bentancur for effectively 2 or 3 spots, he was bound to miss out. Sarri made it plenty clear he wasn't wanted or needed. The one thing that surprised me was that he wasn't able to displace Khedira who's getting on in years and still keeping him out. In the centreback area they brought in De Ligt and have Bonucci, Rugani and Demiral. Chiellini missed out because of injury so you can imagine he's like 6th choice in that position. For RB he's third behind Danilo and De Sciglio. There's just no space for him and Juve in general needs to get rid of 3-4 senior players to make some space in their squad. They are insanely bloated and it can't help the dressing room when you have 15 senior players sitting out every game.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 5, 2019, 11:59:08 am »
Financially it was a great move for him but football wise obviously its a massive letdown for him. He is a solid player but in my mind and eyes he hasn't improved much (or at all)since he joined us from Leverkusen.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 5, 2019, 05:31:04 pm »
Financially it was a great move for him but football wise obviously its a massive letdown for him. He is a solid player but in my mind and eyes he hasn't improved much (or at all)since he joined us from Leverkusen.

That's the biggest issue with Can for me, he was pretty much the same player when he left for Juve as he was when we signed him.

Actually the worst I can say about him is that I don't really mind the way he left, I was pissed off at Owen, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano and a few other, but with him it was just... Fine, you played the duration of the contract we gave you and didn't cause much of a fuss. Say what you want about the Hendo haters, but at least he got people worked up, Can was fine, nobody really hated him, almost nobody thought he was a top class player in his position, even his most memorable goals (the Hoffenheim one was a great team move, the Watford one was a beauty and a very important goal) seem to fade in comparison to other not-quite-as-good goals.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 5, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »
Great player on his day but just as likely to have a mare. We've been much more consistent since he left.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #147 on: September 5, 2019, 05:37:12 pm »
That's the biggest issue with Can for me, he was pretty much the same player when he left for Juve as he was when we signed him.

Actually the worst I can say about him is that I don't really mind the way he left, I was pissed off at Owen, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano and a few other, but with him it was just... Fine, you played the duration of the contract we gave you and didn't cause much of a fuss. Say what you want about the Hendo haters, but at least he got people worked up, Can was fine, nobody really hated him, almost nobody thought he was a top class player in his position, even his most memorable goals (the Hoffenheim one was a great team move, the Watford one was a beauty and a very important goal) seem to fade in comparison to other not-quite-as-good goals.

Quite a few people here thought he was going to be a world class midfielder.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 5, 2019, 06:45:37 pm »
Have to admit that Watford goal was probably one of the best goals of Liverpool history.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #149 on: September 5, 2019, 06:47:01 pm »
GreatGood player on his day but just as likely to have a mare. We've been much more consistent since he left.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 5, 2019, 06:48:48 pm »
Quite a few people here thought he was going to be a world class midfielder.

I agree, and I agreed with them to an extent, but I meant that he wasn't world class at any point, not that he didn't have the potential.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #151 on: September 5, 2019, 07:09:50 pm »
I agree, and I agreed with them to an extent, but I meant that he wasn't world class at any point, not that he didn't have the potential.

True that.

He never had the potential to be a world class midfielder though ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 5, 2019, 11:24:21 pm »

Mostly good or having a mare but he did have the odd game where he was unstoppable in the middle of the park.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #153 on: September 5, 2019, 11:31:47 pm »
I never understood why Juventus bought him.  They didn’t need him.  It was just an acquisition for its own sake.

And because his signing on fee forms part of his first two years wages they can’t offload him.

An odd player, when he didn’t have to look behind him and when the game was 1000 miles an hour he was quite a player.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #154 on: September 6, 2019, 02:16:38 pm »
Have to admit that Watford goal was probably one of the best goals of Liverpool history.
Agreed. It was also an incredibly important goal at the time.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #155 on: September 6, 2019, 02:26:34 pm »
I often forget he ever played for us when doing a quiz on Sporcle.

Ah, Sporcle.  Gets me from 3pm to the end of the day quite often...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #156 on: September 6, 2019, 02:36:00 pm »
Always liked Can. I was sure he had the makings of a real powerhouse midfielder. The way it's gone for him shows that's probably not going to be the case. I think he's one of those players who will eventually find a club where he truly belongs though, probably with significantly less spotlight.

As good as we are now there are still games when I think, "We could do with some Coutinho magic here". Whereas it says a lot about both us and Emre Can that we've all largely forgotten him.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #157 on: September 7, 2019, 12:57:54 pm »
Treated very poorly by Juventus. He should have been allowed to seek a move, they must have known this would happen well in advance.

And he should have known it could happen when they signed Ramsey and Rabiot. I'm surprised they weren't in for Sturridge they love a freebie that much!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #158 on: September 8, 2019, 05:05:09 pm »
I never understood why Juventus bought him.  They didn’t need him.  It was just an acquisition for its own sake.

And because his signing on fee forms part of his first two years wages they can’t offload him.

An odd player, when he didn’t have to look behind him and when the game was 1000 miles an hour he was quite a player.
Could be that old theory that they bought him to sell shirts? Clubs are seeming to get more shallow and commercial these days, no?

He's a handsome geezer for sure. Looks good in their catalogue stuff..

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 8, 2019, 06:04:55 pm »
Don’t think we really miss him at all playing wise, but he was really really good looking.