Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 179304 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #920 on: May 1, 2017, 12:28:51 am »

At the moment it looks like they'd struggle in the Championship next season too

I think they will regardless. Unlike Newcastle, it seems Sunderland have always kept wage reductions in the contracts of their players in the event of relegation. With relegation now confirmed, the smartest thing they could do is give opportunities to some of the younger players and limit the amount of time for players who won't be there next season. By the looks of things, even if you take the transfers of Defoe and Pickford out of the question, and the loans for Januzaj, Denayer and Manquillo, there are several first-team players who appear to be out of contract (Pienaar, Anichebe, Lescott, Larsson, Kirchhoff, O'Shea)

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: May 1, 2017, 01:12:54 am »
They've been dodging relegation for the past few years, about time they actually went down!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #922 on: May 1, 2017, 01:29:19 am »
They've been dodging relegation for the past few years, about time they actually went down!

Countless shite managers struggle to get the job done, and they've brought in Moyes to finally get them across the line. Fair play.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: May 1, 2017, 01:31:19 am »
Countless shite managers struggle to get the job done, and they've brought in Moyes to finally get them across the line. Fair play.
Indeed.
Never doubted Golem for a second! Shame he couldn't have done more damage at Yernited!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #924 on: May 1, 2017, 02:33:46 am »
Scathing article in The Guardian from Louise Taylor. Highlights include Moyes thought about resigning in the autumn, players find training old-fashioned and Moyes' tactical approach and recruitment policies being inflexible. 78% of the club's turnover goes to wages and nine senior players are out of contract. They have only made a profit on 4 of their past 47 signings.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #925 on: May 1, 2017, 05:22:18 am »
Irony that Sunderland could have had £10 million for Defoe in January, now they'll get fuck all for him. ;D
#Sausages

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: May 1, 2017, 05:47:42 am »
They need to bin Moyes, even if he wants to stay. There was a good manager there but post Utd he's lost it mentally, an air of entitlement.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: May 1, 2017, 08:27:30 am »
Scathing article in The Guardian from Louise Taylor. Highlights include Moyes thought about resigning in the autumn, players find training old-fashioned and Moyes' tactical approach and recruitment policies being inflexible. 78% of the club's turnover goes to wages and nine senior players are out of contract. They have only made a profit on 4 of their past 47 signings.
Having that many players out of contract is probably a good thing given how terrible their squad is.

Surprise there's no mention of borini vs moyes in that article given how public boring has been about a divide between sets of players and Moyes.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: May 5, 2017, 11:18:44 am »
Moyes has said he's staying next season

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #929 on: May 5, 2017, 11:36:19 am »
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/860414760382234624

These are in deep shit  :) :) :) :)

Average ticket price - £12.18!

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: May 5, 2017, 12:21:35 pm »
Hadn't realised these were relegated :lmao well in Moyesy! Long may it continue

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: May 5, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »

Another league he can embarrass himself in, bet Sunderland fans can't wait for the negative rhetoric about away trips to the likes of Burton

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #932 on: May 5, 2017, 12:42:56 pm »
things just keep getting worse for sunderland!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: May 5, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »

Really happy with this. Won't be following the league closely, but reassured there will be some fun to be had when he struggles to even achieve mid table mediocrity a division down. Useless twat

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: May 5, 2017, 02:09:49 pm »
He's shite. If they were somewhat intelligent they'd get rid of him at any cost and look to get someone good in to get them quickly up again. But haha there's just one Rafa around for achievements like that. Good luck Sunderland! :)

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #935 on: May 5, 2017, 02:59:13 pm »
Haven't had the chance to gloat over the relegation of this anti-football club yet. Moyes has successfully turned an already awful Premier League club into an absolutely abysmal one. It's an impressive feat. Yet another failure for Moyes. His decade of irrelevance at Everton is beginning to look impressive.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: May 5, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »

Ouch. They look like they need an overhaul both personnel wise and more importantly in terms of mentality, the working environment and for once we could probably mention leadership and hit the mark.

A guy who fatalistically walked them into a relegation battle in the first few weeks of the season doesn't strike you as the right sort.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #937 on: May 5, 2017, 03:38:29 pm »

Poor bastards.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: May 5, 2017, 03:49:43 pm »

Missed this.

:lmao

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: May 5, 2017, 03:52:58 pm »
Is it too early to tip them for relegation from the championship next season?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: May 5, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »

It's never too early to tip a Moyes team for mediocrity.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: May 5, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »
im going with a season like villa have had this year, who I fancy to come up next year

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #942 on: May 5, 2017, 06:48:37 pm »

the biggest fewl in Sundahland

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #943 on: May 5, 2017, 08:03:24 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/860414760382234624

These are in deep shit  :) :) :) :)

Average ticket price - £12.18!

4th biggest debt in the league outside of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. £7m in interest payments. 78% wage to turnover ratio, second lowest cash profit in the league. £33m in losses (only Chelsea and Villa made more). They are going to be a mess next season, particularly if Pickford ends up being their biggest sale.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #944 on: May 6, 2017, 09:03:22 am »
4th biggest debt in the league outside of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. £7m in interest payments. 78% wage to turnover ratio, second lowest cash profit in the league. £33m in losses (only Chelsea and Villa made more). They are going to be a mess next season, particularly if Pickford ends up being their biggest sale.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/sunderland-finances-wearside-crisis-special-issue/

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: May 21, 2017, 08:03:11 pm »
So Moyes and Sunderland knew about Terry getting subbed off in the 26th minute and getting a guard of honour, and agreed beforehand that they'd put the ball out of play to allow it to happen. wtf.

"He told reporters: “I think John Terry, in his own way, deserves a great send off,” said Moyes, who was presiding over his 26th league defeat of a thoroughly demoralising season. “He got that today.

“We knew it was coming, and we agreed to put the ball out. It was Diego Costa that actually asked Jordan to kick the ball out. We actually did it about 15 seconds too early, but we knew it was happening."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #946 on: May 21, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »
So Moyes and Sunderland knew about Terry getting subbed off in the 26th minute and getting a guard of honour, and agreed beforehand that they'd put the ball out of play to allow it to happen. wtf.

Fuck me.

How embarrassing for all parties concerned.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: May 21, 2017, 08:07:53 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

If they hadn't been relegated, I would have wanted them thrown out of the Premier League for this small time crap! ;D

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: May 22, 2017, 07:54:45 am »
Sunderland fucking deserve liquidated for that shit

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #949 on: May 22, 2017, 07:59:04 am »
I bet Moyes got the shit kicked out of him in school. Comes across as such a wimp and a goody 2 shoes.

I hope these lot linger in the Championship forever.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #950 on: May 22, 2017, 08:56:01 am »
I bet Moyes got the shit kicked out of him in school. Comes across as such a wimp and a goody 2 shoes.

I hope these lot linger in the Championship forever.
Hardly, goody two shoes don't tell a woman he'll slap her. He's a prick who sucks up to those in power. I'm glad he got relegated, hope we won't see his gormless face again in the Prem.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:49 am »
Hardly, goody two shoes don't tell a woman he'll slap her. He's a prick who sucks up to those in power. I'm glad he got relegated, hope we won't see his gormless face again in the Prem.

Unfortunately, some lower half of the table club will always make that mistake.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: May 22, 2017, 01:52:41 pm »

Its been a decent couple of years for told you so's about people who have benefited from kind media coverage that they have enjoyed because of sucking up.
Got sick of hearing how good old Davey had performed miracles with Everton and what he'd do when he was given more resources at Utd. Now everyone can see what we - and to be fair, a fair few blues could see - a defensive, cowardly manager without his comfort blanket of poor little Everton.

And we're just approaching the anniversary of Hodgson's unmasking as another cowardly talentless twat who'd had the benefit of the doubt for far too long.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:20 pm »
We actually did it about 15 seconds too early, but we knew it was happening.

So they even fucked up the simple task of putting a ball out of play.  David Moyes is such a fucking Moyes of a man.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2017, 02:11:39 pm »
Its been a decent couple of years for told you so's about people who have benefited from kind media coverage that they have enjoyed because of sucking up.
Got sick of hearing how good old Davey had performed miracles with Everton and what he'd do when he was given more resources at Utd. Now everyone can see what we - and to be fair, a fair few blues could see - a defensive, cowardly manager without his comfort blanket of poor little Everton.

And we're just approaching the anniversary of Hodgson's unmasking as another cowardly talentless twat who'd had the benefit of the doubt for far too long.
Next season I'd love us to twat a Fat Sam team, his smarmy grin is repulsive.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »
He's resigned.

Shite him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »
He's resigned.

Shite him

relegates and resigns - way to stick it out.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #957 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:18 pm »
Next Arsenal manager?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: May 22, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
About right, waste of ballbag skin that one.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2017, 05:17:27 pm »
Sunderland fans on ReadyToGo forum seems pretty happy with him going.