Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1234840 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #14560 on: June 27, 2023, 04:16:56 pm »
Titans is back 🥳

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14561 on: June 28, 2023, 10:37:13 pm »
Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Hijack on Apple TV. Felt like a modern 24, just really well executed thriller - not exceptional, but very watchable.

Apple's original stuff continues to impress a lot.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14562 on: June 28, 2023, 11:42:40 pm »
Warrior Nun has been saved and they will now make a 3rd series after being cancelled.

Can't believe I've just started to watch Derry Girls and binge watched the first series last night, didn't realise how good it was.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #14563 on: June 29, 2023, 01:43:15 pm »
It's the series finale tomorrow of Silo. Really enjoyed it so far. I haven't read the books so tried hard to ignore the possible spoilers even though I really want to know if the outside it liveable or not! Hopefully they shed a bit of light on this as I'm not sure I can wait a year to find out  ;D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #14564 on: June 29, 2023, 03:37:06 pm »
Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Hijack on Apple TV. Felt like a modern 24, just really well executed thriller - not exceptional, but very watchable.

Apple's original stuff continues to impress a lot.

Agreed! Really enjoyed the start to this.

I see The Crowded Room getting a lot of negativty - I have to say I have enjoyed that so far too.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14565 on: June 30, 2023, 09:42:23 am »
Has anyone watched Jury Duty? On Amazon. It's brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #14566 on: June 30, 2023, 09:55:14 am »
The Consultant on Amazon. Started off really well, intriguing premise. Petered out with pretty much nothing explained.

Spoiler
Think he's the Devil and it's the old-school 'sell your soul for immortality' schtick? Perhaps it uses too much subtext for me, but as Garth Marenghi warns us: only cowards use subtext.
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14567 on: June 30, 2023, 12:52:46 pm »
It's the series finale tomorrow of Silo. Really enjoyed it so far. I haven't read the books so tried hard to ignore the possible spoilers even though I really want to know if the outside it liveable or not! Hopefully they shed a bit of light on this as I'm not sure I can wait a year to find out  ;D
What a show this is, we've binged 9 episodes this week.

I downloaded book 2 and 3 audio books last night as well from AudiobookBay.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14568 on: June 30, 2023, 01:38:29 pm »
Has anyone watched Jury Duty? On Amazon. It's brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone.

Yes! Really, really good!

Is there another season coming of that?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14569 on: June 30, 2023, 02:37:48 pm »
Yes! Really, really good!

Is there another season coming of that?

I read that they are looking to do another one, but they acknowledged that it'll have to be all rather different in terms of the process as obviously tricking someone in the same way isn't going to be possible now. They've also got to be cautious of someone knowing what they are doing but playing along with it to get some fame and money at the end.

Whatever vetting process they did to end up with Ronald couldn't have gone any better, he was absolutely perfect.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 02:45:11 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14570 on: June 30, 2023, 02:46:38 pm »
Jack Ryan final season out on Prime now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14571 on: June 30, 2023, 03:01:05 pm »
I read that they are looking to do another one, but they acknowledged that it'll have to be all rather different in terms of the process as obviously tricking someone in the same way isn't going to be possible now. They've also got to be cautious of someone knowing what they are doing but playing along with it to get some fame and money at the end.

Whatever vetting process they did to end up with Ronald couldn't have gone any better, he was absolutely perfect.

I really thought they would have had another one lined up to film somewhere between post-production starting and it airing, so they could almost go like-for-like as that's the name of the show.

But yeah, that guy was perfect. I had no idea there was prize money involved until they announced it at the end and I was so, so chuffed for him!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: June 30, 2023, 09:22:43 pm »
Just watched last episode of Silo season 1.

The final shot is mind blowing. :o

Had a quick gander of the Silo Reddit and found out the season ends halfway through book 1.

Looks like this show is going to be more than 3 seasons, also luckily they already finished writing before the strike and are 2 weeks into filming season 2 already.

Guess after downloading books 2 and 3 audiobooks, i have to do the 1st book now and listen to that from where the season finished.

Apple are absolutely hitting it out of the park with TV shows, HBO could be losing their crown.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14573 on: June 30, 2023, 10:16:03 pm »

Had a quick gander of the Silo Reddit and found out the season ends halfway through book 1.

Looks like this show is going to be more than 3 seasons, also luckily they already finished writing before the strike and are 2 weeks into filming season 2 already.

Guess after downloading books 2 and 3 audiobooks, i have to do the 1st book now and listen to that from where the season finished.

Apple are absolutely hitting it out of the park with TV shows, HBO could be losing their crown.

I've got 2 or 3eps to go & have enjoyed them all.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14574 on: July 1, 2023, 04:11:11 am »

Yes it was a great season final and looking forward to season 2.

I've not read the books or anything it will be interesting where they take it now with that ending.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: July 1, 2023, 05:39:37 am »

Best show on Apple TV since Severance.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14576 on: July 1, 2023, 02:23:27 pm »

Spoiler
Do you think (of course, if someone has read the books, don't confirm or deny my stupid theories cos that's a proper spoiler ;D) the 'big door' and the tunnel we saw when George and Alison were looking at the plans are entry ways into the other silos? I wonder if they're all connected, or maybe season 2 will be from a different one altogether with Nicholls being taken in to one of them.
[close]

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14577 on: July 1, 2023, 02:27:19 pm »
Watched first two of Hijack and loved it, also excellent titles music (Lonely Soul by UNKLE if anyone cares)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14578 on: July 1, 2023, 02:30:36 pm »
Yeah I really enjoyed Silo. I'm a little unsure about the ending, however given that it's based on a series of books I'm hesitant to look it up at it'll be difficult to get answers without spoiling the next season.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #14579 on: July 1, 2023, 09:07:47 pm »
I enjoyed silo..

The show had me...good production, music, acting, story is interesting, decent characters with good dialogue. Just that I don't think alot happened in the end!

But will watch season 2 for sure
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14580 on: July 2, 2023, 10:41:05 am »
Watched first 2 episodes of the TV adaptation of the Irving Welsh novel “Crime” on ITVx.  The story of A fucked up detecrive on a personal journey to track down a serial sex offender.

Much like Welsh’s  books, it’s really gritty and dark. A crime drama that pulls no punches. I highly recommend sticking the subtitles on to fully understand the heavy Edinburgh dialog and slang.

So far, Dougray Scott is brilliant in the lead role as DI Ray Lennox.  Good to see Ken Stott too as his boss.

I’ve read ‘Filth’ but not ‘Crime’, so am familiar with his style.  I think it translates well here.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14581 on: July 2, 2023, 03:48:47 pm »
Spoiler
Do you think (of course, if someone has read the books, don't confirm or deny my stupid theories cos that's a proper spoiler ;D) the 'big door' and the tunnel we saw when George and Alison were looking at the plans are entry ways into the other silos? I wonder if they're all connected, or maybe season 2 will be from a different one altogether with Nicholls being taken in to one of them.
[close]
Spoiler
I haven't read the books yet but yeah i think all the Solos are all interconnected, i think each Silo has one person who knows the absolute truth and it's passed down to a chosen one, like the current Mayor, the timing of the previous mayor being bumped off was telling so he could take the reins just when the status quo of everyone in the Silo being docile was being threatened with the Sheriff's wife and the IT guy.

Also the present Mayor always had a issue with a younger Juliette taking the "best heat tape" and now we know why, that specific tape was on Juliette's suit when she went out (Reddit). ;D
[close]

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: July 2, 2023, 05:03:23 pm »
Spoiler
I haven't read the books yet but yeah i think all the Solos are all interconnected, i think each Silo has one person who knows the absolute truth and it's passed down to a chosen one, like the current Mayor, the timing of the previous mayor being bumped off was telling so he could take the reins just when the status quo of everyone in the Silo being docile was being threatened with the Sheriff's wife and the IT guy.

Also the present Mayor always had a issue with a younger Juliette taking the "best heat tape" and now we know why, that specific tape was on Juliette's suit when she went out (Reddit). ;D
[close]

Spoiler
I thought it wasn't the heat tape from IT. That heat tape is the one that is ineffective and so the cleaners die. That's why he was annoyed, if it was figured out.

Martha says she doesn't know why she stole it as she has better tape than that. It was Martha's supply of heat tape that was swapped out and used. That's why she came out of her room with it.
[close]

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: July 2, 2023, 06:54:00 pm »
Spoiler
I thought it wasn't the heat tape from IT. That heat tape is the one that is ineffective and so the cleaners die. That's why he was annoyed, if it was figured out.

Martha says she doesn't know why she stole it as she has better tape than that. It was Martha's supply of heat tape that was swapped out and used. That's why she came out of her room with it.
[close]
Damn i need to rewatch that episode again. ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14584 on: July 2, 2023, 08:20:37 pm »
If anyone is watching Titans, netflix have bollocksed up the episode ordering, think it's just 7 & 8 but don't skip the recaps.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14585 on: July 2, 2023, 08:29:26 pm »
If anyone is watching Titans, netflix have bollocksed up the episode ordering, think it's just 7 & 8 but don't skip the recaps.

Haha, I watched it whilst it aired, enjoyable all the way through but the last season was the worst, not that it's bad or anything.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14586 on: July 2, 2023, 08:44:25 pm »
Only got 1 ep of this series to go, I've liked it but I like daft shite ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14587 on: July 2, 2023, 11:40:49 pm »
just caught up with this series

it starts off weird and you don't know whether you really like any of the characters

it throws you off - is it a comedy or is it just an odd?

but by the time it ends you fucking love it

i deffo recommend it

brill

Got one episode left.

“Ryan, you are an absolute c*nt.” So true. :D

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14588 on: July 3, 2023, 02:08:41 am »
Got an Apple TV sub about a month ago, ended up binging Ted Lasso and finished Silo tonight.

Ted Lasso was brilliant from start to finish but Silo….wow.

Can’t wait for the second season to eventually come out, not reas the books but it’s got me hooked!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14589 on: July 3, 2023, 05:48:10 am »
Got an Apple TV sub about a month ago, ended up binging Ted Lasso and finished Silo tonight.

Ted Lasso was brilliant from start to finish but Silo….wow.

Can’t wait for the second season to eventually come out, not reas the books but it’s got me hooked!

If you haven't already get onto Severance on Apple TV.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14590 on: July 3, 2023, 09:05:23 am »
If you haven't already get onto Severance on Apple TV.

That’s next on the list 👍

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14591 on: July 3, 2023, 09:39:31 am »

Slow Horses, Bad Sisters, Foundation, Blackbird, See, Trying

One month isn't enough. Apple makes some great stuff.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14592 on: July 3, 2023, 10:06:21 am »

Slow Horses, Bad Sisters, Foundation, Blackbird, See, Trying

One month isn't enough. Apple makes some great stuff.

Plus For All Mankind and Invasion.

Offline Bcnsean

• Main Stander
« Reply #14593 on: July 3, 2023, 08:58:09 pm »
Plus For All Mankind and Invasion.

Invasion was rubbish

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14594 on: July 4, 2023, 06:46:54 am »
Invasion was rubbish

Okay, thanks very much.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14595 on: July 4, 2023, 08:20:29 am »
Really enjoying Apple TV HiJack looking forward to the next episode

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14596 on: July 4, 2023, 09:29:44 am »

Yes, really good.
Spoiler
The pilot twatting the co-pilot though !! Didn’t expect that
[close]

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14597 on: July 4, 2023, 11:57:20 am »

One episode in a very good so far.

Just remembered the lead hijacker (Neil Maskell) played the titular lead character in the ultra-violent movie Bull (2021)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14598 on: July 4, 2023, 12:35:01 pm »
Lots of Twists and turns it seems in Hijack and didn't realise that the show is done in real time

episode 2

Spoiler
Didnt see that ending coming and also starting to wonder if the 2 blokes tied up are part of the plot
[close]

Episode 3 is already up for some reason it was released a day early maybe to cash in on the hype it's on 94% on rotten tomatoes.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2023, 12:47:53 pm by Trada »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14599 on: July 4, 2023, 03:45:16 pm »
oh yeah, something to watch tonight 😎