Author Topic: Stevie Gerrard - The Manager Watch  (Read 160090 times)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rangers 2018/2019 - Stevie Gerrard Watch
« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »
I think even the most naive of people realise that Twitter & the like give voices to absolute morons, who think that they are faceless & can say what they like. I'm pretty sure if you troll through every clubs support you will find idiots on a social media & in forums.

The guy was liked within the support & got good backing at the games. 99% of the support will wish the lad well in the future. Don't let it stop your agenda though.

Nothing i wrote was incorrect. I detest that club. Fucking vermin.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2018, 06:05:03 pm »
To be honest, it is part of the problem. Watch Rangers games at the like of Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts etc, it's very physical, these teams come out and are right in your face, you've either got the battle for the fight or you haven't. Especially, when a quarter of the teams in the league play on plastic pitches.

There is a lot of pressure playing for Rangers & Celtic. You are expected to win every game, a draw is seen as the end of the world. The support is very demanding, (&not very realistic at times). I think the lad got a lot of support mind you, he's was well thought of & liked, & the support will always remember his goal that helped Rangers qualify for the Europa League, but if he's not got the heart then it's best for all parties he's moved on.

I'm sure out of all people Gerrard can suss out pretty quick who is up for the fight.

I don't think it comes down to bottle personally.

And "up for the fight" in Scotland seems to be more literal than it is figurative - but if supporters up there regard the likes of Scott Brown and Ryan Jack so highly then it would go some way to explaining why standards and the overall quality of the SPL have slipped to the level they're at now.

It's a shame because the league needs more players like Ejaria.

But it also shows that some Rangers supporters need a big reality check if they really are hoping that we'd send players like Harry Wilson and Dominic Solanke up there.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2018, 06:07:26 pm »
anyway - he's on his way back now. Ejaria I mean.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2018, 06:10:02 pm »
Nothing i wrote was incorrect. I detest that club. Fucking vermin.

Yeah, we know you do. You pop in here & the Scottish football thread to remind us every now & again. We know you prefer Celtic. Ironic that you see Rangers as vermin then.

Nothing you've said is untrue, likewise nothing I've said is. Arse holes amongst every support mate, social media allows them a voice where they might not have had 1 before.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #444 on: December 15, 2018, 06:18:58 pm »
They can have Markovic  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: December 15, 2018, 06:20:51 pm »

And "up for the fight" in Scotland seems to be more literal than it is figurative - but if supporters up there regard the likes of Scott Brown and Ryan Jack so highly then it would go some way to explaining why standards and the overall quality of the SPL have slipped to the level they're at now.

But it also shows that some Rangers supporters need a big reality check if they really are hoping that we'd send players like Harry Wilson and Dominic Solanke up there.

Players like Brown are regarded highly (not sure Jack is regarded so highly) because he imposes himself onto games. It's not just about the physicality, it's about having the mentality to be able to play your own game under pressure & at frenetic pace at times. Celtic have the likes of Sinclair, Forrest, Mcgregor, Christie & Rogic in midfield. Doesn't scream overly physical to me.

There's plenty of very highly skilled players succeeded in Scotland,  but at the same time there's plenty of very decent players struggled with the demands of playing for Rangers & Celtic.

Ejaria has had 28 appearances for Rangers, 11 of them in Europe, so even if he's not enjoyed himself the past few weeks he's gained some good experience.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #446 on: December 15, 2018, 06:32:36 pm »
Players like Brown are regarded highly (not sure Jack is regarded so highly) because he imposes himself onto games. It's not just about the physicality, it's about having the mentality to be able to play your own game under pressure & at frenetic pace at times. Celtic have the likes of Sinclair, Forrest, Mcgregor, Christie & Rogic in midfield. Doesn't scream overly physical to me.

There's plenty of very highly skilled players succeeded in Scotland,  but at the same time there's plenty of very decent players struggled with the demands of playing for Rangers & Celtic.

Ejaria has had 28 appearances for Rangers, 11 of them in Europe, so even if he's not enjoyed himself the past few weeks he's gained some good experience.

Is that what it's called in Scotland?

Sinclair had one good season in the PL at Swansea; the rest are at that level.

Highly skilled players have succeeded in Scotland, just not recently, not unless doing well domestically with Celtic and getting turned over on a regular basis against quality opposition in Europe is succeeding.  Tierney and Ntcham might get good moves when they move on from Celtic, one or two of the players you mentioned might.  But quality in the SPL is really in desperately short supply nowadays.  It's why I thought Gerrard taking the Rangers job was not a wise move for his career in the long run and I haven't seen much to change my mind, particularly when the likes of Frank Lampard are doing well in a more competitive league and have the platform to implement a far more progressive style of play.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: December 15, 2018, 06:41:18 pm »

If he wants to succeed, he should adapt, or have a say if he doesn't like the loan suggestion from the club. Our club is also to blame. I know we want to help Gerrard, but we should loan our players to the clubs that play most similar to our football, or at least half of that.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #448 on: December 15, 2018, 06:45:45 pm »
If he wants to succeed, he should adapt, or have a say if he doesn't like the loan suggestion from the club. Our club is also to blame. I know we want to help Gerrard, but we should loan our players to the clubs that play most similar to our football, or at least half of that.

He played 28 games for them so Gerrard and Rangers obviously had no concerns about him adapting.  And given what's happened, he's clearly had a say.

I don't see how Liverpool are to blame in any way but there you go.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
He played 28 games for them so Gerrard and Rangers obviously had no concerns about him adapting.  And given what's happened, he's clearly had a say.

Underestimated the shit that ‘supporters’ are willing to give their own players
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2018, 07:00:32 pm »
Is that what it's called in Scotland?

Sinclair had one good season in the PL at Swansea; the rest are at that level.

Highly skilled players have succeeded in Scotland, just not recently, not unless doing well domestically with Celtic and getting turned over on a regular basis against quality opposition in Europe is succeeding.  Tierney and Ntcham might get good moves when they move on from Celtic, one or two of the players you mentioned might.  But quality in the SPL is really in desperately short supply nowadays.  It's why I thought Gerrard taking the Rangers job was not a wise move for his career in the long run and I haven't seen much to change my mind, particularly when the likes of Frank Lampard are doing well in a more competitive league and have the platform to implement a far more progressive style of play.

My point about Sinclair wasn't about his pedigree, it's the fact that he isn't exactly physical, yet he had no problem adapting against the more physical teams.

If we're getting on to the subject of Scottish Football in general, the reason its perceived to be so poor, is that there's no money in it. Good players follow the money, that's been proven throughout the past 10 years even, and Scottish Football has never been so poor money wise in relation to its counterparts, especially when you have the richest league in the world next door to you.

Im certainly not claiming that it's something that it's not, but it's a good gateway for players hoping to have a career in a better league. It's certainly not don't the likes of Wanyama, Van Dijk, Maddison, Boyata, Forster & the likes any harm in their development.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2018, 07:07:57 pm »
My point about Sinclair wasn't about his pedigree, it's the fact that he isn't exactly physical, yet he had no problem adapting against the more physical teams.

If we're getting on to the subject of Scottish Football in general, the reason its perceived to be so poor, is that there's no money in it. Good players follow the money, that's been proven throughout the past 10 years even, and Scottish Football has never been so poor money wise in relation to its counterparts, especially when you have the richest league in the world next door to you.

Im certainly not claiming that it's something that it's not, but it's a good gateway for players hoping to have a career in a better league. It's certainly not don't the likes of Wanyama, Van Dijk, Maddison, Boyata, Forster & the likes any harm in their development.

Because he plays for the one team in Scotland that has any interest in at least trying to play football.  Their captain is a yard dog and the majority of their squad is a lower-level PL standard at best, but Celtic are the only decent team in the SPL.

The SPL has been a gateway for Ejaria; he's played regularly, now hopefully he'll get himself a good loan to a Championship club and develops further.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2018, 07:16:24 pm »

If that's the case, then Rangers fans should have been so pleased with his contribution for the club.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2018, 07:24:49 pm »
If that's the case, then Rangers fans should have been so pleased with his contribution for the club.

Most were, not that I expect anyone to do so but go through 1 of their main forums and 99% of folk have wished him well, & thanked him for his contribution.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2018, 07:42:50 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/15/chelsea-fans-flag-ss-deaths-head-budapest?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

I'm shocked to see the Rangers crest!!

Isn’t there some strong bond/relationship thing going on between Chelsea supporters and Rangers supporters?

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2018, 07:45:55 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/15/chelsea-fans-flag-ss-deaths-head-budapest?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

I'm shocked to see the Rangers crest!!

You’re not shocked at all. You love it it as you think it backs up your constant claims of them being a vile club.

Where as in reality its a bunch of Chelsea knuckleheads who think it’s cool to put Rangers on their flag.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2018, 08:10:03 pm »
Isn’t there some strong bond/relationship thing going on between Chelsea supporters and Rangers supporters?

Yes. I had a look about and it goes back decades from what I can find. There was talk that the IRA bombings of Guildford strengthened the bond. Chelsea headhunters had links to C18, the NF and also the UDA, hatred of Catholics, IRA etc.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2018, 08:15:07 pm »
Don’t be shocked both clubs have suffered tragedies.

Im well aware mate, I was being sarcastic in response to the earlier post. I actually think the youngest victim in the Ibrox disaster was a lad from Liverpool.

There's a connection between a minority of the Rangers support & Chelsea fans. There's a Blues Brothers thing going on there, & it can include people that are far right in their beliefs.
The reality of it is that a lot of Rangers fans have favoured English teams, in my group of friends alone we have guys that like Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool & Aston Villa, all for various reasons.

I believe down south in the 60s & 70s a lot of English supporters had a leaning towards Rangers & Celtic, quite often each teams name would get chanted on various terraces, but they aren't as relevant now.

Actually, historically in terms of club connections Rangers had a good relationship with Arsenal, Bill Struth & Herbert Chapman were good friends & they played multiple friendlies. Up until Craig Whyte sold them, Rangers actually had a small amount of Arsenal shares which were gifted to them.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2018, 08:22:03 pm »
Im well aware mate, I was being sarcastic in response to the earlier post. I actually think the youngest victim in the Ibrox disaster was a lad from Liverpool.

There's a connection between a minority of the Rangers support & Chelsea fans. There's a Blues Brothers thing going on there, & it can include people that are far right in their beliefs.
The reality of it is that a lot of Rangers fans have favoured English teams, in my group of friends alone we have guys that like Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool & Aston Villa, all for various reasons.

I believe down south in the 60s & 70s a lot of English supporters had a leaning towards Rangers & Celtic, quite often each teams name would get chanted on various terraces, but they aren't as relevant now.

Actually, historically in terms of club connections Rangers had a good relationship with Arsenal, Bill Struth & Herbert Chapman were good friends & they played multiple friendlies. Up until Craig Whyte sold them, Rangers actually had a small amount of Arsenal shares which were gifted to them.
[/quote

Those of us who are old enough will remember in the 70’s the Kop used to do a vociferous Rangers/Celtic chant breaking into Liiiiiiiverpool at the end of it at every home game.

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2018, 08:22:43 pm »
Fucked that up 🤪

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:56 pm »
Fucked that up 🤪

Haha, I got that, I had heard that as well but wasn't sure how true it was so didn't want to say.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #464 on: December 29, 2018, 02:28:34 pm »
Stevie G! Congrats. Hope he wins the league

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2018, 02:41:33 pm »
He's doing a great job down there.

Keep learning Stevie.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2018, 02:54:55 pm »
He's doing a great job down there.

Keep learning Stevie.

Down there? Where do you live lad?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: December 29, 2018, 02:56:33 pm »
Down there? Where do you live lad?

Norway. His real name is Fjordy.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #468 on: December 29, 2018, 03:15:29 pm »

Norway. His real name is Fjordy.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: December 29, 2018, 04:43:41 pm »
If anyone knew where Scotland was I thought it would have been Charlie Adam's love child.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: December 29, 2018, 04:57:16 pm »
Nice win, although this won't stop Celtic for winning the league.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »
I hope he does win the league. Imagine us winning the PL and him winning the Scottish PL up there? Utopia

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: December 29, 2018, 06:29:20 pm »
If anyone knew where Scotland was I thought it would have been Charlie Adam's love child.

He’s set up his home around his shrine to Charlie, which is where his ball landed during the League Cup shootout. Everything is south of that.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2018, 10:09:37 pm »
Nice little day out today, up to Ibrox then down to Anfield although we missed the first few minutes and walked in as Arsenal scored. Best performance yet under Stevie  and could have been 4 or 5-0 without some excellent keeping and poor finishing.   There is s title race and Kilmarnock can’t be ruled out.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: December 29, 2018, 10:17:53 pm »
Nice little day out today, up to Ibrox then down to Anfield although we missed the first few minutes and walked in as Arsenal scored. Best performance yet under Stevie  and could have been 4 or 5-0 without some excellent keeping and poor finishing.   There is s title race and Kilmarnock can’t be ruled out.

damn that sounds like a wonderful day.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: December 29, 2018, 11:59:53 pm »
damn that sounds like a wonderful day.

Yes, time for making it up to the Mrs after taking in two matches in one day!
We are Loyal Supporters

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 2, 2019, 10:47:15 am »
Could be a good bit of business, they are crying out for someone who can use the ball well in there.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17329434.rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-set-to-clinch-deal-for-southampton-midfielder-steven-davis/

Steven Davis is set to become the first arrival of the January window at Ibrox as he prepares to put pen-to-paper on a contract to clinch his return to Rangers.
 The midfielder has agreed terms on an 18-month deal with the Light Blues that will include the option for a further one-year extension.
Davis has taken a significant pay cut to facilitate the switch as he gets set to move back across the border and end his time in the Premier League.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #478 on: January 2, 2019, 10:51:10 am »
Wait are Rangers actually called the Light Blues?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: January 2, 2019, 11:00:01 am »
Could be a good bit of business, they are crying out for someone who can use the ball well in there.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17329434.rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-set-to-clinch-deal-for-southampton-midfielder-steven-davis/

Steven Davis is set to become the first arrival of the January window at Ibrox as he prepares to put pen-to-paper on a contract to clinch his return to Rangers.
 The midfielder has agreed terms on an 18-month deal with the Light Blues that will include the option for a further one-year extension.
Davis has taken a significant pay cut to facilitate the switch as he gets set to move back across the border and end his time in the Premier League.

Great move Del, not getting a game at Southampton but his form when played and for the national team suggests he is still a very good player in terms of SPL level. He's essentially a replacement for Ejaria, so McCrorie / Jack with Davis & Arfield is a very decent midfield. He also knows the club & Scottish football so a no brainer if you ask me.