Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 543744 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« on: September 1, 2023, 08:21:07 am »
They're a bit shit aren't they. Extremely lucky to have 6 points from 9 even with what should've been 2 of the easiest home fixtures of the season to kick off with.

Maybe Seven Hag isn't the saviour after all.

NO GREENWOOD TALK.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 11:19:50 am by Titi Camara »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2023, 08:22:54 am »
Yep still as shit as always,its break out the green and gold scarves time again
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2023, 08:28:57 am »
Feels like we’re being underestimated a bit, not just in the media but the general sense I get from speaking to supporters of other teams. The players leaving, the Caicedo saga etc, it’s like they all think we’re on a downward spiral.

By contrast, doesn’t seem to be that much chat about how underwhelming these look. Scraped two home wins against bottom 6 sides and well beaten away from home. Their away firm was awful last season too. They have a decent unbeaten run at home but you feel that will go soon.

The football is pretty turgid. They’re struggling to land their targets too. Ten Hag only seems to trust players he’s coached before.

Worrying Times.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2023, 08:38:55 am »
They look very, very poor. I think it all depends on when their purple patch comes, if ETH lasts the season.

Casemiro is going to fall off a cliff and Amrabat is the not answer to any good question.

Don't know enough about their new striker to comment, but Mount wasn't the type of midfielder they needed at all.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2023, 08:40:55 am »
These should be funny in the CL

It’s mad how often these get shown up in Europe performance wise.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2023, 08:43:01 am »
Their midfield is gash, their defense is a joke and injured a lot, their new striker has barely scored 10 goals in a season, Onana is worse than De Gea, ETH seems to be obsessed with signing players he previously coached.
So yeah, they are shit and won't finish in top 4
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2023, 08:56:04 am »
Feels like we’re being underestimated a bit, not just in the media but the general sense I get from speaking to supporters of other teams. The players leaving, the Caicedo saga etc, it’s like they all think we’re on a downward spiral.

Nothing new in that though, really. We've been getting talked down for years.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2023, 08:56:44 am »

By contrast, doesn’t seem to be that much chat about how underwhelming these look. Scraped two home wins against bottom 6 sides and well beaten away from home. Their away firm was awful last season too. They have a decent unbeaten run at home but you feel that will go soon.

The football is pretty turgid. They’re struggling to land their targets too. Ten Hag only seems to trust players he’s coached before.

Worrying Times.

Dunno, Chris Sutton had us getting smashed 3-0 by Newcastle on Friday, then was bigging us up as City's closest challengers on Monday....

Fancy United to get well beaten by Arsenal Sunday
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2023, 08:57:00 am »

Looking forwards to the missus muttering "this is fucking shite" for the next few months while the kids rip the piss out of her ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2023, 08:58:10 am »

There's fucking plenty on here doing that

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2023, 08:58:53 am »
Shite.

(The Mancs, I mean. Not the above comment).
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11 on: September 1, 2023, 09:00:44 am »

Honestly seems like they can't beat anyone without referees stepping in to help these days, which doesn't happen in Europe.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 1, 2023, 09:03:18 am »
Honestly seems like they can't beat anyone without referees stepping in to help these days, which doesn't happen in Europe.

That is the difference. In Europe they're nothing in the eyes of the refs, they don't get gifted pens, free kicks etc, so really struggle

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13 on: September 1, 2023, 09:15:09 am »

Worrying Times.
Given how they have long been the media darlings in this country, there has always been a tendency to big these up whilst also talking Liverpool down. As most of us know, that went on even in our 70s and 80s pomp, when the Mancs were abject and seen by us as a joke.

I'm quite enjoying others underestimating us at the moment, though. Yes, I'd agree that we were on a downward spiral, but hopefully that has been mostly addressed now. The players who have left were in decline anyway. Virtually everyone on here would agree with that.

Today, though, we have a fantastic attack. The midfield has been reinvigorated greatly and hopefully centre back will be addressed today, or more likely in January. Klopp looks well up for it again. Last season was a hangover I feel we've now recovered from.

From best team in the world a few seasons ago to where we were last season, yes, that's a clear decline. But I believe we are on the upward curve once more. Uni7ed? Well they just seem to be treading water and flattering to decieve.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 1, 2023, 09:21:07 am »
Scraping results while looking shit is "The United Way" at this point.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2023, 09:47:04 am »
Quick scope on redcafe (yes I know, it's a bit sad, I'm on security shift on the railway and not seen anyone in the last 3 days so I'm particularly bored) and they are worried the Amrabat deal may collapse and for some reason think we are in for Todibo. Worrying times.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #16 on: September 1, 2023, 09:51:09 am »
That backup keeper looks like a right clown, I’d say they’d struggle if Onana gets an injury…but he ain’t much better.
AHA!

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #17 on: September 1, 2023, 09:56:08 am »
Shower of c*nts

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18 on: September 1, 2023, 10:06:27 am »
That backup keeper looks like a right clown, I’d say they’d struggle if Onana gets an injury…but he ain’t much better.

Who is their back up keeper? Did they sign someone from Turkey?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #19 on: September 1, 2023, 10:12:19 am »
All I've heard from United fans is that Ten Hag hasn't been backed and they need the Qatari money to compete. He's spent 400m+ in 3 Windows and is still looking to spend more. Most of them are towing the party line that it's all the Glazers fault, and not the Managers who've come through and wasted the better part of 1billion and all they have to show for it is losing 7-0 to their arch rivals.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2023, 10:13:14 am »
Yeah, announced it today, Bayindir.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2023, 10:16:02 am by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2023, 10:20:24 am »
Of course it's natural to shit on Utd on a Liverpool forum, but I really think they are fucked this season and have zero chance of top 4. If they get to the last 16 of the CL and qualify for any European competition next season I would regard that as over-achieving for them.

Maybe the saving grace for them will be that I also think there will be a shit-show at Newcastle which might distract from Man United's own woes.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2023, 10:26:43 am »

Really don`t understand why they let De Gea go. Okay, he's not great with the ball at his feet, but he is a decent keeper nonetheless. If they have a limited budget it made no sense to me.

They are not finishing top 4 this season.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2023, 10:27:14 am »
Of course it's natural to shit on Utd on a Liverpool forum, but I really think they are fucked this season and have zero chance of top 4. If they get to the last 16 of the CL and qualify for any European competition next season I would regard that as over-achieving for them.

Maybe the saving grace for them will be that I also think there will be a shit-show at Newcastle which might distract from Man United's own woes.
Eric Seven Hag has the advantage against Arsenal on sunday. Reason: Anthony Taylor is the ref.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2023, 10:29:10 am »

They are shit, but they will make top 4, as they will get help from refs in every match.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2023, 10:43:55 am »
They are finishing 3rd in their CL group or I'm eating Salah's hat. Seven Hag really was relying on Rashford's usual purple patch last season, and of course us and Chelsea going through an incredibly shit patch.

Of course, no one tell them about Ole, I mean Hag. He's wonderful. Carry on.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2023, 10:59:37 am »
They look very, very poor. I think it all depends on when their purple patch comes, if ETH lasts the season.

Casemiro is going to fall off a cliff and Amrabat is the not answer to any good question.

Don't know enough about their new striker to comment, but Mount wasn't the type of midfielder they needed at all.

I keep forgetting they even signed Mount, has he done anything even remotely memorable for them yet?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline your djemba djembas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2023, 11:06:09 am »
Probably going to be easier for them to win the champions league than get a top 4 place this season. You can't trust the UCL, it's a knock out tournament after all

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 1, 2023, 11:07:28 am »
6th this year.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #29 on: September 1, 2023, 11:10:10 am »
Got injured.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30 on: September 1, 2023, 11:22:31 am »
Considering what they've spent this summer, I'm surprised they didn't just go for Kane. Their main target going into the summer was a top centre forward. They've ended up paying more than they said they would for Hojlund. They were going to keep De Gea because they were short of funds, but have ended up signing two keepers.

Man Utd spent a huge chunk of their output on Mount who plays in the same position as Fernandes. They were reportedly offered daft money for Maguire and McTominay, but couldn't move them on, which has resulted in them struggling to sign Amrabat of all people, even on loan. They've spent loads on defenders in recent years, but are having to loan Reguilon who can't get a game at Spurs, because of injuries. They'll probably end up using Jonny Evans at this rate.

And for all the complaints about our window, in addition to Man Utd taking an age to secure each signing, their summer has also been a PR nightmare.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 1, 2023, 11:23:06 am »
Watch them get pummeled by Arsenal this weekend and somehow win in the end. 🙄

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 1, 2023, 11:23:57 am »
There appear to be a couple spots for 0 instead of O in the thread title :D

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 1, 2023, 11:28:30 am »
Considering what they've spent this summer, I'm surprised they didn't just go for Kane. Their main target going into the summer was a top centre forward. They've ended up paying more than they said they would for Hojlund.

You could ask - who signed the better forward, Bayern or United?

But the real question is - Which forward's name sounds most like Haaland? I think the winner is clear.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #34 on: September 1, 2023, 11:32:54 am »
Probably going to be easier for them to win the champions league than get a top 4 place this season. You can't trust the UCL, it's a knock out tournament after all

Correct.  Madrid somehow knock City out in the last 16 and then draw Bayern in the quarters and it all opens up.  Luck plays a big part sometimes.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #35 on: September 1, 2023, 11:38:21 am »
Looking forwards to the missus muttering "this is fucking shite" for the next few months while the kids rip the piss out of her ;D
Haha   ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2023, 11:42:13 am »
Yeah, good point. Highlights out how shite our own ones are. They’re like celeb refs now our ones. Protected to fuck without anyone really holding them to account

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #37 on: September 1, 2023, 11:45:09 am »
Their new keeper looks a bit shit. Made a few errors in pre-season and has been crap in his first few competitive games for them.

Defence is crap. Especially with Shaw out at the moment.

Midfield, as people have already said, is absolute dogshit & their forward line is crap as well.

Casemiro & Varane already look spent, Fernandes is still crap 99% of the time but can ping 1 perfect pass per game. Antony & Sancho are flops. Rashford is still a 1 in 3 striker.

They're still littered with shite throughout their squad and I'm still to be convinced that Ten Hag is anything other than a bang average, middle of the road manager.

They'll struggle to scrap for top 4 & ETH will be gone by February is my prediction.

(Although with Webb on their side anything can happen).

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: September 1, 2023, 11:56:50 am »
Their football has been turgid and they're doing well to be on 6 points when realistically should be on 1 but Wolves and Forest let them off the hook along with a dodgy pen thrown in.

Not sure how much Amrabat is going to bring to them - predicting he will be bang average like mount but may offer a bit of endeavour in an otherwise leggy midfield.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 1, 2023, 12:16:02 pm »

Well, Onana will be going to the AFCON in January, so they'll have a month without him at that point to see how bad the backup is ...