Author Topic: Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement  (Read 7310 times)

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
Re: Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement
« Reply #40 on: April 9, 2010, 11:52:38 pm »
italian:
Lei ha mai telefonato a un designatore?
"No. Ma posso aver ricevuto da loro qualche telefonata in cui mi chiedono opinioni".

english:
did you ever called a referee designator?
"no. but i may admit they used to call me asking some opinions"

you just forgot that simple two letters word.

and as we see in these days, the one who called the designators was not moratti, but was facchetti indeed.

Meno rapporti si hanno con i designatori e meglio è.
"Sono loro che chiamano per sapere se tutto va bene".

Lei ha mai telefonato a un designatore?
"No. Ma posso aver ricevuto da loro qualche telefonata in cui mi chiedono opinioni".

I'll translate literally :

"The less relationships you have with designators, the better".

"It's them who call to know if anything's allright.

"Have you ever called a referee designator?"

"No. But I might have received from them some phone calls in which they asked me opinions."

Where did he say that he admits something? And anyway, my reply was to your previous post in which you wrote that Moratti has always denied ever talking to the designators.

Back then it was forbidden to talk to the referees (facchetti-de santis), aside from what was the argument of the call

The Facchetti - De Santis call? The one in which he sends greetings to his Swiss friend? What's unlawful in that call? ???

just like the above facchetti-mazzei one, where he indicates the preferred ref (collina)

No he dictates the full grid. Facchetti asks for the BEST referee for a big game and he gets Rodomonti, he was definitely as influential as Moggi.

Back then it wasn’t forbidden to talk to the designators(cit.)

foreign operators cards can be wiretapped just like any others, after a request to the local police office.
bergamo also admits he made a few calls and can't even  recharge the card, and after the credid expired, he stopped using it.

The fact is we'll never know the content of those conversations unless somebody interested tries to get them from the Swiss police.

they did'nt considered those calls "irrelevant".

in court they openly declared that "no one single phone calls between moratti and the designators did ever exist"

http://club.quotidianonet.ilsole24ore.com/misterx/calciopoli_parla_il_pm_narducci_piaccia_o_non_piaccia_non_ci_sono_mai_telefonate_fra_bergamo_o_pairetto_con_moratti_o_se

Narducci might have been misinformed but that's what the Napoli prosecutors said :

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/calciopoli/2010/04/09-106070/%C2%ABLe+telefonate+di+Facchetti+sono+gi%C3%A0+agli+atti+da+anni%C2%BB#anchorCommenti

They say Facchetti's calls have been registered in 2007 and honestly, I don't get why they would have deliberately ignored them.

this is false.

the same ref and the witnesses denied that.
and the police too closed the investigation.

Regardless of that, Moggi admits having locked Paparesta into the dressing room after the Reggina-Juventus game, now I can't be bothered with translating the whole interception.

OMG. you better describe Biscardi to english fans to show what level

That's not the point, my intent is giving everybody the example of how Moggi was influential also in the media and he still is. Otherwise he wouldn't work as a journalist for Libero and neither would he be an ever present guest on Italia 7 Gold where of course he acts like he was the host. He's also been interviewed on Sunday afternoon by Barbara D'Urso! That program is one of the most watched in Italy and it has fuck all to do with football.

because they were long term friends.
moggi suggested new managers (Cuccureddu) and players to Torres.
i don't remember any scandal or sentence involving that club and that former minister

I find disgusting that a minister knew what was going on into Italian football and didn't do anything.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2010, 12:01:54 am »
According to my mate, Lazio and Bologna are odds on to draw on Betfair this weekend. Weird
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 12:19:06 am »
I never heard Inter being mentioned among the scandal in 2006. If these questionable calls are true the least their names would have been mentioned? How did they avoid it if a more powerful club like AC couldn't with all their media etc?

The fact that Facchetti talked to Bergamo is hardly shocking as Juve fans and above all Moggi's lawyers would like to make out, they have often tried to drag us into the Calciopoli scandal. Juve fans first started to claim that the Telecom had hidden or destroyed the wiretappings but now they changed their story and are accusing the Prosecutor's Office in Naples and the Carabinieri of having ignored them for some mysterious reasons. I don't really get what their point is, maybe we'll soon find out that the Prosecutor himself and a whole Carabinieri squad were fanatical Inter fans and wanted to destroy Moggi and Juve. Given the timing in which these new wiretappings have come out and all the media stirring we're going through, it seems to me the umpteenth well-planned attack in a crucial moment of the season, Moggi's lawyers could have made those interceptions public a long time ago. The newspapers are also publishing these interceptions once a day until April 13th (when the trial in Naples will restart) in order to get the biggest hype possible.

I would also like to point out that the aim of match-fixing should be getting a help to win games or whatever sort of advantage, what kind of advantage did Inter have from 1989 to 2006? This whole story is just an attempt to overturn the reality, to turn the victims into the executioners or at least putting them in the same bracket of the mastermind of this horrible, corrupt system that has destroyed forever the reputation of Italian football.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 12:21:02 am »
According to my mate, Lazio and Bologna are odds on to draw on Betfair this weekend. Weird

It's possible, they're 4 and 3 points ahead of Atalanta (who play Roma at the Olimpico and will lose 100%) respectively, so the draw would be the best result for both.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2010, 02:34:00 am »
In that interception Spalletti just asks Bergamo who the referee and the linemen for the next game are, it's brief and hardly shows any sign of match-fixing. Lazio's president Lotito today stated : "everybody has his own interceptions" and once again, the former designator Bergamo has always said that he received calls from every serie A team. The fact everybody called the designators to get a good referee can be also read as a total distrust into the establishment and not necessarily as the intent of match-fixing. If Platini will have something to say, he will do that for sure, I still have to figure out why people depict him as a big supporter of Italian football. It seems to me that he dislikes English clubs but not Spanish, French or Germans ones.

I consider Platini an utter c*nt and a Juventus (Italian football) supporter because Juventus had unprecedented match fixing scandal. Not only in Italy, but in European matches as well. You would expect a balanced man fighting for the "right thins" to come out and interfere, punish more harshly. Only Italian federation dished punishments out, UEFA made no comments.

Then Platini will come out and talk about "evil things in football". What a hypocrite. Moggi was fixing matches in the elite European competition, yet Platini gives an interview where he expresses his sadness over Juventus being crap this season. Eh, this is what an avid Juventus supporter would do, not the chief of UEFA who talks about cleaning football all the time.

Its good that I am not a club president. If I were Barca president, I would call him a c*nt to his face and say "fuck off from the VIP stands of Camp Nou and never show up here" ;D

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 02:37:03 am »
But keep 'em coming. Those telephone conversations. Some brilliant lines there ;D

Wow, this is a material for a fantastic football movie. Though I don't know who will be the good guy?! ;D Moggi, Moratti or Collina? ;D

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:46 am »
Where did he say that he admits something? And anyway, my reply was to your previous post in which you wrote that Moratti has always denied ever talking to the designators.

i wrote that moratti denied to call a designator.
i'm just waiting for the disproval wiretap to come out.

The Facchetti - De Santis call? The one in which he sends greetings to his Swiss friend? What's unlawful in that call? ???

the fact indeed that a club manager calls a referee (as you suppose moggi did with swiss phone cards), was, and still is, unlawful. aside from the content of the call.

call that starts with an obscure "so giacinto you do care about referees, uh?"

No he dictates the full grid. Facchetti asks for the BEST referee for a big game and he gets Rodomonti, he was definitely as influential as Moggi.

no. moggi tells who might be the best refs to put in the first section with the most important matches.
just like facchetti to mazzei, when he said to put in the first section Rosetti and Paparesta.

Narducci might have been misinformed but that's what the Napoli prosecutors said :

prosecutors obviously try to defend their one-way-headed job.
the wiretappings tehy refer to, were the ones from the previous Torino court trial.

all of the new actual wiretaps, had never been written down or judged by napoli prosecutors.

They say Facchetti's calls have been registered in 2007 and honestly, I don't get why they would have deliberately ignored them.

the just said those calls never existed.
and also witnesses at the trial (linesman Coppola and referees designator Mazzei) were told  "we don't care what inter did. just tell me about moggi"

Regardless of that, Moggi admits having locked Paparesta into the dressing room after the Reggina-Juventus game, now I can't be bothered with translating the whole interception.

on the phone i can also say i had 8 hours of sex with charlize theron. but that doesn't automatically mean that is the truth.

the police investigation proved that the "kidnap" simply didn't happen.

I find disgusting that a minister knew what was going on into Italian football and didn't do anything.

what?

i don't see any referee request. he calls moggi's help, as a long term friend, of good managers and players.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:04:28 am by the-lightning »

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »
But keep 'em coming. Those telephone conversations. Some brilliant lines there ;D

Wow, this is a material for a fantastic football movie. Though I don't know who will be the good guy?! ;D Moggi, Moratti or Collina? ;D

Moratti is the evil guy looks the part too, Moggi is the Godfather obviously. No one is really the good guy, all antiheros. I seriously want to see this movie!
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/04/10/1871953/calciopoli-phone-calls-between-referees-inter-milan-others

According to Sportmediaset.it, here is an extract from that call.

Pairetto: Speak to you soon, and remember yeah, you know these things are private yeah, no-one knows about these things...

Fachetti: Yes, Yes, I agree.

Pairetto: It's something between us.

In another call dated January 10th 2005, Bergamo is speaking to Moratti, telling him he has sent a good team of officials for the game between Inter and Bologna in the Coppa Italia. Inter went on to win it 3-1. The call was published by Il Secolo XIX.

Bergamo, speaking to Moratti: "Seeing that there is no draw (for referees), but they will be designated, I have sent you Gabriele. And he will be with his two assistants who are very good..."

The conversation continues, and Bergamo explains the decision to send Gabriele.

Bergamo: I spoke to Facchetti, president, to confirm this climate of cordiality that is, naturally, something that only you and I know. The group appreciated the work in terms of Gabriele and Palanca (referees) and so I have decided to get them back for the Coppa Italia. One of them will ref Inter and one Milan.

Moratti: Ok...

Bergamo: We wanted to send out a good picture...

Moratti: Yes, Yes...

Bergamo: Facchetti said 'yes, yes we agree'...

Moratti: Ok, on Wednesday I will go and see him before the game.

Bergamo: He will be happy with this.

Moratti: I will go to say hello.

Bergamo: He will be happy if you say hello.

Moratti: Thanks. I will be there on Wednesday, and if need be I will go to see him before the game.

In another call published by Il Corriere dello Sport Bergamo discusses Inter's 1-1 draw with Chievo Verona with Facchetti and Christian Vieri's disallowed goal that was chalked off by linesman Ricci. The designator then promises things will be different at the next game when he sends a different referee.

Bergamo: Hi Giancinto (Facchetti).

Facchetti: Hi Paolo I wanted to say hi, and then seeing what happened on Sunday, I didn't know Moratti had come out with this ref story.

Bergamo: No, but don't worry, the president just wanted to speak, and does when he feels neccessary.

Facchetti: Yes, but it was Ricci who made the mistake. And Paparesta (the ref) made a decision on this.

Bergamo: But, when the president moans he is right, but just don't give the players an alibi.

Facchetti: Yes, right, in fact.

Bergamo: Understand? What could Paparesta do? Ricci made the mistake... in fact Paparesta had a good game. He had prepared the game really well, but unfortunately.

Facchetti: Nothing, we have Palanca tonight.

Bergamo: You'll see he will have a good game, wait and see, it will be a good one.

Milan president Adriano Galliani was also in contact with Bergamo. In one call they are speaking about the 1-0 defeat to Juventus on May 8th. The game was a Scudetto decider and Juventus went on to win the title that season.

Galliani was annoyed that the game didn't go to plan.

The call is dated May 17th 2005, and was published by Calciomercato.com.

Bergamo: Hello?

Galliani: It's Galliani, hello.

Bergamo: Hello, how are you?

Galliani: I was looking for you last night, but you were busy.

Bergamo: I still haven't recovered from the Milan-Juventus match. This caused a trauma in the family and it left a sign. We thought everything but...

Galliani: Us too, us too.

Bergamo: We thought everything apart from that, if it went bad, bad, bad, the game could have been a draw... anyway.

Galliani: Had we drawn we would have gone on to win at Lecce (the game ended 2-2) because we wouldn't have given up. Had we drawn with Juve we would have been top of the league and we would have certainly beat Lecce because it was an easy game.

Further evidence emerging at the trial of Naples sees the then Udinese coach Luciano Spalletti speaking with Bergamo before the 1-1 draw with Sampdoria on May 12th 2005.

Bergamo: It's important that you are fully charged up.

Spalletti: No, I am not fully motivated, naturally like you said with the, lets say, supervision of transparency, try to send us... like you know, like you have always done.

Bergamo: Look, I can tell you that after a last minute thought, I have already decided the assistants. Therefore you will get Pisacreta who is one of the best and Griselli from Livorno who has been number one. Therefore you are well protected, and as for the draw, we will see who you will get from the internationals (referees) that we have already put in."

Spalletti: Good.

Bergamo: I wish you good luck. We will do it. Good luck.

Adriano Galliani denied to comment on Friday when asked what he made of the new evidence.

But, on Saturday, Il Corriere Dello Sport reports Moratti will take action and defend himself from the new allegations in Naples when the court regathers for another hearing on April 13th.

The report claims Moratti will try to explain the calls. The FIGC (Italian FA) also confirmed they would be looking at the new evidence to decide whether or not to re-open the 2006 sporting trial.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 10:39:24 pm »
dec, 23 2004

Giacinto facchetti (Inter president) calls Paolo Bergamo (refs' chief) after inter's win over brescia. after a row  of 12 consecutive draws

Facchetti: “you can call Moratti. i've been there yesterday and we talked about that".
Bergamo: “i lost his mobile number, can you give it to me? i already asked you"
Facchetti: “yes. because he wanted to ... if you can come here one day...
Bergamo: “but where? Forte dei Marmi? (Moratti's tuscany holiday house, near Bergamo's homeplace)
Facchetti: “no, in his Milan office. if you can pass there, because he had a present for you".
Bergamo: “yes i wanted to talk to him and also wanted to meet him, and meet you too, in order to share some thoughts”.
Facchetti: “allright”.
Bergamo: “because it's a situation i really wanted to help straighten out. because the team doesn't really deserve its table position”.
Facchetti: “yes it's been twelve incredible draws".

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »
Tuesday, 13 April 2010, 22:52
Inter Milan put Anderlecht at disadvantage in CL 2004

http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=12827&lang=eng&from=home

The scandal in Italy about the referees also influenced Anderlecht. Inter Milan decided together with the UEFA which referee they wanted for the Champions League game against Anderlecht (in 2004).

Recorded telephone talks between Giacinto Facchetti, Inter's chairman, and Pierluigi Pairetto, UEFA representative for appointing the referees for European games, talked about the referees before the European games.

Inter agreed to have Kyros Vassaras against Anderlecht and later Maier for the clash with Valencia. Inter won both games.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:28 pm »
New evidence could reopen 2006 football scandal
Posted : Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:11:02 GMT

Defence attorneys have asked that several wiretapped telephone calls made by various football club officials be accepted as evidence in the criminal trial of former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi, Italian media reported Tuesday.

Moggi, together with 35 other defendants is on trial in Naples charged with sports fraud.

He was already found guilty in 2006 in a sports trial that involved Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina.

Several referee selectors, referees and officials of the Italian football federation (FIGC) were also involved in the scandal.

Moggi appeared to be the ringleader and was banned from holding any office in a club or the federation by the Italian football federation (FIGC), while Juventus were relegated to the Serie B and had two Serie A titles stripped.

During the present trial in Naples, however, Moggi's attorneys produced the transcripts of 75 calls made by officials of Roma, Bologna, Udinese and Inter Milan to referees and selectors.

Inter, who had the 2006 scudetto awarded by sports judges, while the 2005 one was not assigned, have previously claimed to have been damaged for years by Moggi's scheming.

In one of the transcripts produced in Naples, the late Inter club president Giacinto Facchetti asks a selector to have former international referee Pierluigi Collina assigned to an upcoming Inter game.

At the hearing in Naples, a defence attorney asked an investigator in the sports trial why Facchetti's and other calls were not considered, while many of those made by Moggi were used by sports prosecutors.

Carabinieri colonel Attilio Auricchio replied that he did not consider the call important, but declined to provide further explanations.

The trial was adjourned to April 20, when former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, now at the helm of Chelsea is to be heard as witness.

It is believed that Moggi's defence strategy in the criminal trial could lead to the reopening of the 2006 sports trial, with Juventus considering to apply to have the two titles that were taken away from them awarded back to them.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:06 pm »
Calciopoli: Carlo Ancelotti in court on April 20

15:00 del 13 aprile

It was an important day today for the Calciopoli trial in Naples.

Luciano Moggi’s lawyers asked for the transcription of 75 new recordings. The calls refer to conversations with suspects, including former designators Bergamo and Pairetto and several Serie A club managers.
Prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano did not oppose the acquisition of this new material.
Moggi’s defensive line is based on the “Everybody did it” concept.
Attorney Paolo Trofino cited a phone call on November 26, 2004, in which Inter's former president Giacinto Facchetti said to referees’ designator Paolo Bergamo: "Add Collina to the grid".
Chief investigator, Colonel Auricchio, explained: "This conversation was recorded and transcribed, but it was not added to the other materials because it was considered irrelevant”.

The next hearing is scheduled on April 20, when Carlo Ancelotti will be heard as a witness.
C.G.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »
Tuesday, 13 April 2010, 22:52
Inter Milan put Anderlecht at disadvantage in CL 2004

http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=12827&lang=eng&from=home

The scandal in Italy about the referees also influenced Anderlecht. Inter Milan decided together with the UEFA which referee they wanted for the Champions League game against Anderlecht (in 2004).

Recorded telephone talks between Giacinto Facchetti, Inter's chairman, and Pierluigi Pairetto, UEFA representative for appointing the referees for European games, talked about the referees before the European games.

Inter agreed to have Kyros Vassaras against Anderlecht and later Maier for the clash with Valencia. Inter won both games.

Anderlecht-Inter 1-3

Valencia-Inter 1-5

Inter-Anderlecht 3-0

Anderlecht bottom team of the group with 0 points. It was definitely the referees' fault :lmao

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 11:00:40 pm »

Anderlecht-Inter 1-3

Valencia-Inter 1-5

Inter-Anderlecht 3-0

Anderlecht bottom team of the group with 0 points. It was definitely the referees' fault :lmao

probably not.

anderlecht compliants are definitely correct.

but there must be a reason why the ref of a CL match should only be officialized 4 days before the game.

i don't see why inter chairman needed to know that 1 month in advance.

but maybe i'm only bad faithful

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:36 pm »
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/04/10/1871953/calciopoli-phone-calls-between-referees-inter-milan-others

Bergamo: Look, I can tell you that after a last minute thought, I have already decided the assistants. Therefore you will get Pisacreta who is one of the best and Griselli from Livorno who has been number one. Therefore you are well protected, and as for the draw, we will see who you will get from the internationals (referees) that we have already put in."

Spalletti: Good.

Bergamo: I wish you good luck. We will do it. Good luck.

Adriano Galliani denied to comment on Friday when asked what he made of the new evidence.

But, on Saturday, Il Corriere Dello Sport reports Moratti will take action and defend himself from the new allegations in Naples when the court regathers for another hearing on April 13th.

The report claims Moratti will try to explain the calls. The FIGC (Italian FA) also confirmed they would be looking at the new evidence to decide whether or not to re-open the 2006 sporting trial.

Am amazed this hasn't received more views and generated more discussion, it's jaw dropping stuff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »
Calciopoli: Carlo Ancelotti in court on April 20

15:00 del 13 aprile

It was an important day today for the Calciopoli trial in Naples.

Luciano Moggi’s lawyers asked for the transcription of 75 new recordings. The calls refer to conversations with suspects, including former designators Bergamo and Pairetto and several Serie A club managers.
Prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano did not oppose the acquisition of this new material.
Moggi’s defensive line is based on the “Everybody did it” concept.
Attorney Paolo Trofino cited a phone call on November 26, 2004, in which Inter's former president Giacinto Facchetti said to referees’ designator Paolo Bergamo: "Add Collina to the grid".
Chief investigator, Colonel Auricchio, explained: "This conversation was recorded and transcribed, but it was not added to the other materials because it was considered irrelevant”.

The next hearing is scheduled on April 20, when Carlo Ancelotti will be heard as a witness.
C.G.

Facchetti never said that, it was Bergamo who mentioned Collina :

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/13-04-2010/bergamo-facchetti-telefonata-chiave-603636515975.shtml

the rest of the conversation shows that Facchetti complains about the referee Bertini, especially about the Perugia-Inter game in 2003 (a true scandal with Bertini awarding Perugia a penalty for a supposed Cordoba handball who instead clearly hit the ball with the chest and considering legit a blatant handball by Vryzas) and Bergamo who defends him. Facchetti is not dictating the grid as Moggi's lawyers are trying to make out. They have been claiming they had a lot of new, never heard before calls and instead they've been banging on this old one. Buffoons.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:44 pm »
Facchetti never said that,

Facchetti: «choose them (the linesmen) well for sunday night…».
Mazzei: «number one and number two. as i think Ivaldi and Pisacreta».
Facchetti: «Ivaldi and Pisacreta?».
Mazzei: «yes they're number one and two».
Facchetti: «all right, and referees' number one ...».

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 11:31:44 pm »
This is what dictating a grid to the designator means  ;D

Moggi: “Now I'm gonna tell you the one I had in mind”.

Bergamo: “Come On! ...let's see if it matches mine... Which teams are you putting in the first grid? What games?”

M. “Wait, let me get my paper! 'cause I've planned it well... so I chose: Inter-Roma, Juventus-Udinese, Reggina-Milan, Fiorentina-Parma that can't be put here (in the same grid of the other games) and Siena-Messina”

B. “Yes”

M. “I made a 5 matches grid but it can be of 4 too! But maybe Siena-Messina... it seems to me a quite important game!”

B. “There's also Livorno-Sampdoria that was a mess in the first round!”.

M. “They're two teams that actually aren't a big deal”.

B. “Ok, then, it doesn't change much, we could add this game too, but I have very few referees for the most important games. Tell me!”

M. “I put Bertini, Paparesta, Trefoloni, Racalbuto, I had put Tombolini too, but he made a mess with Lazio, I can't remember exactly, he blew a penalty... so these are the referees I put in this grid!”

B. “What about Rodomonti in place of Tombolini?”

M. “It's alright!”

B. “So we made the same grid, as you can see!”

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 11:42:40 pm »

yes just like the one with facchetti asking to put in first pot De Santis and Paparesta, bypassing the correct rules of the draw.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:01 pm »
Facchetti: «choose them (the linesmen) well for sunday night…».
Mazzei: «number one and number two. as i think Ivaldi and Pisacreta».
Facchetti: «Ivaldi and Pisacreta?».
Mazzei: «yes they're number one and two».
Facchetti: «all right, and referees' number one ...».

This is the Facchetti/Mazzei conversation, Moggi's lawyer Trofino in today's hearing mentioned the one between Bergamo and Facchetti. And there is no trace of Facchetti saying : "put Collina in the grid".

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:50 pm »
yes just like the one with facchetti asking to put in first pot De Santis and Paparesta, bypassing the correct rules of the draw.

With the big difference that Bergamo didn't do what Facchetti kindly asked him and just obeyed to Moggi's orders so Inter didn't receive any kind of advantage.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:50 pm »
This is the Facchetti/Mazzei conversation, Moggi's lawyer Trofino in today's hearing mentioned the one between Bergamo and Facchetti. And there is no trace of Facchetti saying : "put Collina in the grid".

actually facchetti, as i already explained, was asking to put in first spot other referees that couldn't be drawn, so that the only one to come out had to be collina.

does that really makes such a big difference?

to me it's still a huge try to manipulate a draw.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 12:00:44 am »
With the big difference that Bergamo didn't do what Facchetti kindly asked him and just obeyed to Moggi's orders so Inter didn't receive any kind of advantage.

just the simple asking, makes a fraud attempt, as you inter fans keep saying since 4 years ago.

moggi tells bergamo his grid with paparesta and tombolini, that were not chosen by bergamo. (and after that, a draw to chose the ref has still to be made.)

facchetti instead, agrees with the linemen directly chosen by mazzei. and tries to manipulate a referee grid, in an illegal way.
bergamo simply doesn't obeys him just because 50% of a refs grid must be made of elegible refs, and not only with one elegible ref and other 3 "precluded", as facchetti wanted.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 12:05:48 am »
Are prison sentences likely to materialise from this investigation?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 12:34:39 am »

Moggi: “Now I'm gonna tell you the one I had in mind”.

Bergamo: “Come On! ...let's see if it matches mine... Which teams are you putting in the first grid? What games?”

M. “Wait, let me get my paper! 'cause I've planned it well... so I chose: Inter-Roma, Juventus-Udinese, Reggina-Milan, Fiorentina-Parma that can't be put here (in the same grid of the other games) and Siena-Messina”

B. “Yes”

M. “I made a 5 matches grid but it can be of 4 too! But maybe Siena-Messina... it seems to me a quite important game!”

B. “There's also Livorno-Sampdoria that was a mess in the first round!”.

M. “They're two teams that actually aren't a big deal”.

B. “Ok, then, it doesn't change much, we could add this game too, but I have very few referees for the most important games. Tell me!”

M. “I put Bertini, Paparesta, Trefoloni, Racalbuto, I had put Tombolini too, but he made a mess with Lazio, I can't remember exactly, he blew a penalty... so these are the referees I put in this grid!”

B. “What about Rodomonti in place of Tombolini?”

M. “It's alright!”

B. “So we made the same grid, as you can see!”
This Bergamo guy seems good at licking arses of all bosses :lmao
The last line "So we made the same grid, as you can see!" is a comedy gold :lmao

Isn't he a double-dealer though? He seems to have been in such dealings with Moggi, Moratti, Galliani, Spaletti and God knows who else. How can he make all of them happy with the refs?! ;D