Author Topic: Liverpool sign Emre Can  (Read 206071 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool sign Emre Can
« Reply #1320 on: September 11, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »
I hate International football. it's boring and just utterly fucking pointless.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #1321 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »
If Can was out but Allen didn't have something up with his knee then it would've been an ok situation. We still have options to play the diamond or 4-3-3 but it's more difficult with both of them out. Hopefully Allen is back for Tuesday or next weekend.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: September 11, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »
So, the first thing to do here is phone Germany up and ask them why the fuck they let him play on with an injury that's going to keep him out of for 6 weeks. I mean weren't they winning quite easily? What's the fucking point?

It was an U21 game as well, I mean who is fucking arsed about that?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1323 on: September 11, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »
It was an U21 game as well, I mean who is fucking arsed about that?

I couldn't believe what I was watching when he came back on. It was clear as day that lad had a nasty injury. Sheer negligence.

It'd be bad enough if it was a close game in an important match, but a dead rubber game that Germany were 7-0 up in! Unbelievable.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: September 11, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »
Hmm it's been a bit of an inauspicious start for young Can. The injuries really don't bode well for his opportunities in the coming months, seems like he'll be playing catch up (fitness wise) for a while, by then he might be struggling to come by starts.

I'm sure Brendan won't be happy with him jeopardising his fitness like that.

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1325 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:23 pm »
Hmm it's been a bit of an inauspicious start for young Can. The injuries really don't bode well for his opportunities in the coming months, seems like he'll be playing catch up (fitness wise) for a while, by then he might be struggling to come by starts.

Luckily, he is only 20 and should be under absolutely no pressure. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: September 11, 2014, 08:08:20 pm »

do you really think Can did that on purpose and that his national team coach didn't say go back in there?

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: September 11, 2014, 09:58:25 pm »

Thought he looked good against Spurs.  No luck this season re injuries even at this early stage.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1328 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:36 am »
6 weeks sounds like an exaggeration for a rolled ankle, especially if he was able to continue. I think its probably closer to 3-4 weeks, but Brendan has said 6 weeks to prevent the German FA from calling him up for the October games in 4 weeks time. That's at least what I would do if I were in Brendan's shoes.

Obviously the German doctors can demand to check the player out themselves, but if he doesn't play a game or train much for his club prior to another two meaningless U21 games I doubt they'd kick up a big fuss.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: September 12, 2014, 06:53:39 am »
Wow, we really don't have it that's bad guys. Best case scenario we have Sturridge back in two weeks, Can back in 3-4, and we have a clean bill of health.

Last season was much much worse, we had 2-3 of our first choice back four out for pretty much the entire season.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1330 on: September 12, 2014, 07:13:07 am »
6 weeks sounds like an exaggeration for a rolled ankle, especially if he was able to continue. I think its probably closer to 3-4 weeks, but Brendan has said 6 weeks to prevent the German FA from calling him up for the October games in 4 weeks time. That's at least what I would do if I were in Brendan's shoes.

Obviously the German doctors can demand to check the player out themselves, but if he doesn't play a game or train much for his club prior to another two meaningless U21 games I doubt they'd kick up a big fuss.

What qualifies a national team game as "meaningful"?

If national teams (senior or U23/U21/whatever) do not play any 'friendlies' they have no chance of "gelling". Greece played no friendlies before opening their Euro 2016 qualification campaign under Ranieri and they looked like crap and lost 0-1 in Piraeus to Romania.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1331 on: September 12, 2014, 07:24:01 am »
Wow, we really don't have it that's bad guys. Best case scenario we have Sturridge back in two weeks, Can back in 3-4, and we have a clean bill of health.

Last season was much much worse, we had 2-3 of our first choice back four out for pretty much the entire season.
Haha, yeah didn't we play against Everton twice with our entire back 4 out? I seem to recall that we had Kelly-Skrtel-Toure-Cissokho for a couple of games in mid-season, which was a patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers. Obviously injuries happen but it would be a big help if our back 4 could remain relatively in tact for most of the season this year as I think it makes a massive difference. You only need to look at how good Everton and Arsenal were defensively before their defenders got injured around Feb-March to see how important it is to have a stable back 4.

What qualifies a national team game as "meaningful"?

If national teams (senior or U23/U21/whatever) do not play any 'friendlies' they have no chance of "gelling". Greece played no friendlies before opening their Euro 2016 qualification campaign under Ranieri and they looked like crap and lost 0-1 in Piraeus to Romania.
Playing 90 minutes against Norway 3 days ahead of a qualifier is pretty meaningless, when 60 minutes would suffice.

Also, forcing a player who is clearly severely injured to play out a game at 6-0 is quite meaningless too, regardless of whether it is a league game or a friendly.

The frustrating thing is that both were avoidable to an extent - sturridge with less game time in the friendly and more recovery, and Can wouldn't have aggravated the injury if he went of immediately.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:27:19 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: September 12, 2014, 07:25:00 am »

Haha, yeah didn't we play against Everton twice with our entire back 4 out? I seem to recall that we had Kelly-Skrtel-Toure-Cissokho for a couple of games in mid-season, which was a patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers. Obviously injuries happen but it would be a big help if our back 4 could remain relatively in tact for most of the season this year as I think it makes a massive difference. You only need to look at how good Everton and Arsenal were defensively before their defenders got injured around Feb-March to see how important it is to have a stable back 4.

It's no coincidence that our defensive record was so poor.

We're not as bad defensively as people think.

Offline googhead

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1333 on: September 12, 2014, 08:11:40 am »

considering allen, flanno, johnson and skrtel should be easily back before the derby its not that bad
louie

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:54 am »
Thank god we kept Lucas.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1335 on: September 12, 2014, 10:07:34 am »
theres a video on the echo site of him against romania. good lord weve signed a monster
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: September 12, 2014, 10:27:04 am »
theres a video on the echo site of him against romania. good lord weve signed a monster

they probably took it from here
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1337 on: September 12, 2014, 10:34:22 am »
they probably took it from here
probably. i didnt look through this thread. i stumbled across the echo when i heard he was injured and got 3 assists
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: September 19, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »
Any new updates on his ankle injury? Still 6 weeks is the expected time?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1339 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:25 pm »
Can't come back soon enough
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1340 on: September 20, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »
Probably get hassle for saying this, but I'd drop stevie for can if he wasn't injured at the mo. Him hendo and Allen in midfield would be a nice balance.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: September 20, 2014, 11:46:50 pm »
We've barely seen Can play in the Premier League. Just chucking him in is probably not the answer.
YNWA.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1342 on: September 20, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »
Probably get hassle for saying this, but I'd drop stevie for can if he wasn't injured at the mo. Him hendo and Allen in midfield would be a nice balance.

I agree. Hendo and Allen together compliment each other brilliantly anyway. Those three pressing with sterling at the tip would have too much for most teams.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1343 on: September 20, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »
We've barely seen Can play in the Premier League. Just chucking him in is probably not the answer.

He's class and while I agree he's untried, I think he'd have played today if fit, Surely Brendan knows we lack energy in the middle.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:41 am »
Emre Can vs Romania U21

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8vBNN8T6gmw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8vBNN8T6gmw</a>
Granted, it's U21 but you can see his potential. Three assists and solid effort. I particularly like his dogged defensive work at 2:24.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski