Author Topic: Trump Faceached & Twattered. "Instakarma's gonna getcha....." #bannedontherun  (Read 845501 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: US 2020 Election - Primary Season
« Reply #560 on: October 11, 2019, 04:25:58 pm »
There are rumours that she is in discussion with Andrew Gillum, the impressive former mayor of Jacksonville that came close to winning the governorship of Florida. He is black, a very competent politician and he could swing Florida...which would be game over for Trump.

I think that was a great move. I was actually struggling to think of the best fit from the other presidential candidates to run as her VP, but this ticks all the boxes. He`s also meant to be very impressive (i`ve only heard a couple of interviews).
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #561 on: October 11, 2019, 04:29:34 pm »
I think that was a great move. I was actually struggling to think of the best fit from the other presidential candidates to run as her VP, but this ticks all the boxes. He`s also meant to be very impressive (i`ve only heard a couple of interviews).

Yup. A decent person, intelligent and says it like it is.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #562 on: October 11, 2019, 04:31:49 pm »
I was thinking among the other candidates Jay Inslee for the climate change vote (but that might scare the rust belt region) or Cory Booker, but Gillum would be a great choice.  He's really impressive in the interviews I've heard on Pod Save America, and is a great debater.  He would have won the Florida governor race last year only for the usual GOP vote stealing.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: October 11, 2019, 04:42:47 pm »
I was thinking among the other candidates Jay Inslee for the climate change vote (but that might scare the rust belt region) or Cory Booker, but Gillum would be a great choice.  He's really impressive in the interviews I've heard on Pod Save America, and is a great debater.  He would have won the Florida governor race last year only for the usual GOP vote stealing.

Corey Booker would never be someone else's VP. That man has an ego. Although his girlfriend is Rosario Dawson, so he deserves to have a bit of an ego. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #564 on: October 11, 2019, 05:19:21 pm »
Saw that Warren clip just now. Pure class.

Just reading up on her... In terms of pedigree, her law career, her life, is it fair to say she's the outstanding candidate among the frontrunners?
I’d say so, but I’m not so pleased about that clip.  Good timing and a great punchline, but if she does that in general campaigning it’ll come across as sneering at the guy (hypothetical as he is, he’ll still be a fair proportion of the electorate).  The first half of her answer made her point perfectly.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: October 12, 2019, 12:05:44 am »
I’d say so, but I’m not so pleased about that clip.  Good timing and a great punchline, but if she does that in general campaigning it’ll come across as sneering at the guy (hypothetical as he is, he’ll still be a fair proportion of the electorate).  The first half of her answer made her point perfectly.

The full clip goes into her religion and what it instructs her to do.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #566 on: October 14, 2019, 08:27:24 am »
Art Cullen, editor of the Storm Lake Times in north-west Iowa:

Trump's mounting troubles in Iowa could spell doom for Republicans. Iowa Senator Joni Ernst is facing tough questions on impeachment and trade that have implications far beyond the mid-west

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/13/iowa-trump-joni-ernst-senate-seat-unsteady

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: October 14, 2019, 08:49:04 am »
People who think Trump is going to breeze 2020 ought to be looking at his personal approval ratings in these swing states and see they are in the toilet. Compared to 2016 he’s down pretty much everywhere and by huge margins in a lot of places. Plenty of people see all the broken promises he made to the rustbelt states, he’s done nothing for them and these aren’t all just die-hard evangelists. Democrats get a half decent candidate and they win.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: October 14, 2019, 07:49:02 pm »
People who think Trump is going to breeze 2020 ought to be looking at his personal approval ratings in these swing states and see they are in the toilet. Compared to 2016 he’s down pretty much everywhere and by huge margins in a lot of places. Plenty of people see all the broken promises he made to the rustbelt states, he’s done nothing for them and these aren’t all just die-hard evangelists. Democrats get a half decent candidate and they win.

It's still a long way to go. I think the Democrats have a decent chance. My worry is Trump will steal all the light and all the headlines once the real campaigning begins. He will talk his usual shite, but he will most likely dictate the agenda.

The next Democratic debate should be interesting. Soon a few candidates will need to drop out.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: October 16, 2019, 03:56:33 pm »
These debates are terrible. Not one question about climate...

It's a dog show. Pure and simple.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2019, 10:35:57 am »
There are rumours that she is in discussion with Andrew Gillum, the impressive former mayor of Jacksonville that came close to winning the governorship of Florida. He is black, a very competent politician and he could swing Florida...which would be game over for Trump.

Cheers.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2019, 02:09:51 pm »
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2019, 02:25:58 pm »

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2019, 01:01:43 pm »
Oh look, turns out he's actually the most electable too

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/1184867000880959494

So if, you know, you're really serious about beating Trump no matter what...
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2019, 01:16:44 pm »
Those are high numbers for Trump it seems. The GOP Senate seat in Iowa is under threat because Trump's popularity has dropped this year.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: October 19, 2019, 06:22:40 pm »
Bizarre why Tulsi Gabbard feels the need to bitch and moan about her party repeatedly on Tucker Carlson's show. Does she really think that's the demographic who are suddenly going to vote for her?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: October 19, 2019, 07:49:31 pm »
Bizarre why Tulsi Gabbard feels the need to bitch and moan about her party repeatedly on Tucker Carlson's show. Does she really think that's the demographic who are suddenly going to vote for her?

Didn't you hear? Hillary had another normal one and accused her of being a Russian operative or some dumb shit.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: October 20, 2019, 02:21:22 am »
Yeah, cue epic meltdown from Tulsi. Still, she's been on Carlson's show a few times recently. Makes no sense. She's better off trying to appeal to voters who might actually vote for her in the primary, not nailed on Trump voters.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: October 20, 2019, 02:35:09 am »
She doesn't strike me as being particularly smart. I don't know what she is offering?

She went to town on Harris in a debate. But I don't remember what for...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: October 20, 2019, 04:04:02 am »
She doesn't strike me as being particularly smart. I don't know what she is offering?

She went to town on Harris in a debate. But I don't remember what for...

Being a hypocrite IIRC
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2019, 09:05:58 am »
It seems that Buttigieg and Biden want Warren to cost out Medicare for all. They just want her to admit that the costs for individuals will go from insurance payments to taxes they have to pay.

But what happens if either of their gradualist plans are popular? Where will they get the money from? And private rates will still be sky high. As will be pharmaceutical prices. And what happens when the medicare option is popular for the uninsurable rejected by the private insurers? Basically making the gov't plan that serves the most costly patients the safety net for those that are priced out by the private insurers, making the private insurers even more profitable. Once again socializing the costs and privatizing the benefits.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:08:17 am by Giono »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2019, 12:24:31 pm »
For those curious about Tulsi...

Bill Browder (@Billbrowder)
2019-10-20, 3:33 AM
Tulsi Gabbard say that she doesn’t control the Russian bots that support her, but she did control the hiring of Chris Cooper, the smear campaigner who was paid by Natalia Veselnitskaya and her Russian backed sponsors to smear me and try to repeal the Magnitsky Act in DC

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2019, 01:24:34 pm »
Tulsi Gabbard say that she doesn’t control the Russian bots that support her

But the fact that Russian bots DO support here doesn't give her pause for thought?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2019, 01:25:30 pm »
It seems that Buttigieg and Biden want Warren to cost out Medicare for all. They just want her to admit that the costs for individuals will go from insurance payments to taxes they have to pay.

But what happens if either of their gradualist plans are popular? Where will they get the money from? And private rates will still be sky high. As will be pharmaceutical prices. And what happens when the medicare option is popular for the uninsurable rejected by the private insurers? Basically making the gov't plan that serves the most costly patients the safety net for those that are priced out by the private insurers, making the private insurers even more profitable. Once again socializing the costs and privatizing the benefits.

Doesnt Warren just have to bite the bullet & admit that "taxes will go up but will be much less than the cost of health care savings that will be made", and stick to that line? Also, allow private health care to continue for those that want it?

I cant imagine being content to pay 10s of thousands of dollars for child birth or basic procedures, much in the same way i cannot conceive of being happy to live in a country where military style weapons are easily available.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #584 on: October 22, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »
Didn't you hear? Hillary had another normal one and accused her of being a Russian operative or some dumb shit.

And she was endorsed by David Duke. Why hasn't he endorsed Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren, but instead Tulsi Gabbard? I won't go as far as to say that she's a Russian operative, but something about Gabbard really, really puts me off. There's something very unnerving about her.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 04:17:11 pm by Caligula? »

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 22, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »
I've spoken to a few right wing people (human, not bot) who think the Democrats are worse than Satan but are fed up with Trump who are pushing hard for Gabbard. Sounds like she'd have no chance in the primaries and doesn't fit the Democrat agenda, but would probably win the election. I can definitely understand why she'd be targeting Fox, she seems to share a lot of Trump's... I dare not call them policies, let's say "tics"... With a less awful facade.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 10:34:44 pm by GreatEx »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2019, 12:36:00 am »
Gabbard doesn’t stand a chance.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2019, 02:53:37 am »
Gabbard doesn’t stand a chance.

What's...or who's...keeping her afloat?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:55:25 am by Giono »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2019, 03:09:35 am »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2019, 07:52:25 am »

She’s polling at 1%. Attacked Clinton to garner a few headlines and says idiotic stuff to keep herself near the conversation.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: October 23, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »
Definitely something off with her:

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1186763222193299457

Step down from what?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: October 23, 2019, 03:54:54 pm »
Tulsi looks like the spokesperson from the NRA.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: October 25, 2019, 11:23:22 pm »
Another reason to like Warren:

From the Economist Mag:

If Elizabeth Warren's entire plan were enacted, roughly half the stockmarket and private-equity owned firms would be broken up, have some activities prohibited or face heavy regulation

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2019, 11:46:51 pm »
The test will be how many of these policies she keeps if she gets the nomination and inevitably pivots to the center.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: October 26, 2019, 12:49:32 am »
The test will be how many of these policies she keeps if she gets the nomination and inevitably pivots to the center.

She has room. And I think her take is to aim high, then negotiate. We'll see.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: October 26, 2019, 12:54:13 am »
Tulsi should get the boot from the Dems. She has just decided to not run for congress again (she was going to lose) . Last night she went on Hannity and and bad mouthed the impeachment enquiry. She cancelled an Iowa event to do it.

They should reject her before she can do it to them.

All she can claim from the 2020 race is Kamala Harris' scalp.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 26, 2019, 01:47:24 am »
There's no point, she'll never have enough support to win, the system will take care of it.
---Rilke

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: October 26, 2019, 11:07:09 am »
Thought this was worth sharing, even though its Bill Maher.  To listen to him though youd think Democrats were actively trying to lose.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/JtPQQjj01kM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/JtPQQjj01kM</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: October 26, 2019, 12:55:27 pm »
Tulsi should get the boot from the Dems. She has just decided to not run for congress again (she was going to lose) . Last night she went on Hannity and and bad mouthed the impeachment enquiry. She cancelled an Iowa event to do it.

They should reject her before she can do it to them.

All she can claim from the 2020 race is Kamala Harris' scalp.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1187544241427214336

Bizarre. Sounds like a Republican!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: October 26, 2019, 01:27:38 pm »
Another reason to like Warren:

From the Economist Mag:

If Elizabeth Warren's entire plan were enacted, roughly half the stockmarket and private-equity owned firms would be broken up, have some activities prohibited or face heavy regulation

Why would this be good?
I think America's problem is rather that their government live beyond their means.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez