Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3443776 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" 100% Nailed on crying wankers
« Reply #33080 on: August 25, 2019, 09:48:38 pm »
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/should-teams-be-rewarded-for-hitting-the-post.450104/

:lmao
Talk about clutching at straws.

We can hardly hit the net, so can we have points for hitting the woodwork please.  :lmao

Mind you, I once cut-in down the right flank and hit a screamer which hit the near post, then the crossbar then went in off the far post. I loved that. Also used to love hitting the underside of the bar just as much as scoring itself.  :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:51:41 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #33081 on: August 25, 2019, 09:59:59 pm »
In addition to points for hitting the posts, they should suggest that the goal is divided into different sections that carry a different score. Just like Plinko

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33082 on: August 25, 2019, 10:29:48 pm »
Didnt watch it, what was James goal celebration about? You mention it a lot.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #33083 on: August 25, 2019, 10:31:09 pm »
Miss that thread must of gone same place as the scouse boom bust graph thing.
They laugh at us, fair enough but have you seen the level of sadness over there comedy gold. One thread asking does Palace result open your eyes to how shit Ole is, but the best is one, and I'm not making this up, is one arguing for half a goal for hitting the post. Unreal comedy that place, funniest site on the web

I'll check it out, Alb. Seems like comedy gold, mate. I love the irony of it being in meltdown, as seems apparent...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33084 on: August 25, 2019, 10:47:46 pm »
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/should-teams-be-rewarded-for-hitting-the-post.450104/

This reply made me laugh...

"You still have time to delete this thread before the UK audience wakes up"

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #33085 on: August 25, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
Didnt watch it, what was James goal celebration about? You mention it a lot.

He scored in the 89th minute to make it 1-1.

Instead of doing a Divock and grabbing the ball and sprinting back to the halfway line, he instead chose to run across to the fans and stand there with his arms folded, milking the adoration.

Then he dived on the floor claiming a free kick.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #33086 on: August 25, 2019, 11:12:16 pm »
How is Martial?

Don't get the hype about him to be honest, but without him for a few weeks they've no chance of 4th. ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #33089 on: August 26, 2019, 01:01:01 am »
They need a hug...

What I love about it is .

Y' see .. Newcastle beat Spurs so shit happens .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33090 on: August 26, 2019, 02:48:28 am »

Yesterday at 20:18
billybee99

Lingard would still have 0 goals in 2019.

;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #33091 on: August 26, 2019, 02:48:56 am »
He scored in the 89th minute to make it 1-1.

Instead of doing a Divock and grabbing the ball and sprinting back to the halfway line, he instead chose to run across to the fans and stand there with his arms folded, milking the adoration.

Then he dived on the floor claiming a free kick.

Divock grabs the ball out of the net and sprints back when he has scored a 96th min winner
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33092 on: August 26, 2019, 02:53:15 am »
Their rivals for 4th, Chelsea and Leicester won ;)

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33093 on: August 26, 2019, 03:16:09 am »
Their rivals for 4th 6th, Chelsea and Leicester won ;)

Corrected that for you

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33094 on: August 26, 2019, 07:28:10 am »
They're trained to give up 2 expected goals and a pen against a bang average attack??  Don't think they executed Hodgson's plan remotely well but yes if you think they did we'll agree to differ

They did better than we did there last season.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #33095 on: August 26, 2019, 07:43:08 am »
Liverpool
Manchester City
Spurs
Arsenal
Leicester
Burnley
Chelsea
The ev
West ham
Manure

Top ten finish potentially if they are lucky

Wouldn't discount wolves and Bournemouth
So could end up as low as 12th

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33096 on: August 26, 2019, 07:59:48 am »
Oh and long shots are the answer against low block teams. Their players need to take more long shots to score goals andwin games
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33097 on: August 26, 2019, 08:13:43 am »
Solskjaer is well down the list of problems for them at the minute

1) David De Gea - Goalkeeper who is paid significantly more than any other goalkeeper in the world. But a goalkeeper who can’t save simple shots, is pretty useless with the ball at his feet, is positionally clueless and who is now increasingly prone to game losing clangers.

2) Lindelof and Maguire - 120/130 million for a weak and horribly slow centre back partnership. Cruelly exposed by Palace who were neither trying to attack, nor even capable of attacking yesterday. Yet two goals and should have been more.

3) Wan Bissaka and Shaw - Zero attacking threat. Not too great at defending either. Another 80/90 million spent on this.

4) McTominay - Key starter. No idea why. No idea what he does. No future hope with him in their team.

5) Pogba - Prancing drama queen. Can’t be arsed, hates the team and wants out. 90 million spent on this.

6) Fred / Pereira / Matic - miserable central midfield options. Wouldn’t start for their closest competitors (Wolves, Everton etc). 80 million or so down the drain. Not sure any club would even take these players off their hands for free.

7) Jesse Linz - Their supposed creative outlet. Incapable of creating anything and therefore pointless. Not sure he even is interested in football.

8 ) Daniel James - the new Bebé. Will be back in the reserve side by the end of September. A sprinter, not a footballer.

9) Rashford - Believes his own hype. Unfortunately for him he is pretty terrible at football. A sprinter, not a footballer. Another one they are stuck with due to the ridiculous wages.

10) Martial - gave up on this team years ago. All past potential long forgotten about. Now as useless as the rest of this miserable team.

11) The Bench - Mata and his weekly blog, Ashley Young, 300k a week Sanchez and not a whole lot else.

All of this has blended nicely to create one of the worst functioning “top” teams in Europe. The Manager of Molde is the least of their problems.

Solskjær is their number one fixable problem, if you take it that Woodward's continuing fiscal success for the owners means they are unlikely to get someone else in instead of him.

A manager with a real footballing vision would easily be able to get a tune out of that squad, as lobsided and poorly constructed as it is.

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33098 on: August 26, 2019, 08:31:27 am »
Solskjær is their number one fixable problem, if you take it that Woodward's continuing fiscal success for the owners means they are unlikely to get someone else in instead of him.

A manager with a real footballing vision would easily be able to get a tune out of that squad, as lobsided and poorly constructed as it is.

Keane?
Hughes?
Sheringham?
Fathead?
Nouvelle?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33099 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:15 am »
They probably reckon they should have had about 6 penalties, they would have missed them all anyway.

I think the attacking team should be rewarded with 3/4 of a goal if they get awarded a penalty
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33100 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:51 am »

"Gimmie the job, I'm ace me."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33101 on: August 26, 2019, 10:19:02 am »
Whatever happened to 'Mr. Going to be one of the best CMs in the league'... Fred?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #33102 on: August 26, 2019, 10:20:51 am »
Martial out for a few weeks..

Suddenly their squad looks threadbare.. how the hell did that happen?

I guess that they’ve started to sort out some of the bloated mess that their squad was, but it’s seems so odd not to replace Lukaku..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33103 on: August 26, 2019, 10:31:44 am »
Whatever happened to 'Mr. Going to be one of the best CMs in the league'... Fred?

He got married, last year, but then arranged another ceremony for this year, he thought he was going to be in the Brazil squad for the Copa America so arranged the ceremony for during pre-season, but then wasn't named in the Brazil squad and subsequently missed a lot of their pre-season training

You couldn't make this shit up ;D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33104 on: August 26, 2019, 10:58:56 am »

I guess that they’ve started to sort out some of the bloated mess that their squad was, but it’s seems so odd not to replace Lukaku..
They wanted to give an academy player a chance. Think it looks worse because they didnt sign a better wide player than James.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33105 on: August 26, 2019, 11:46:57 am »

A few weeks - or after the break - which means he only misses a game and is spared playing for France?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33106 on: August 26, 2019, 11:50:14 am »
A few weeks - or after the break - which means he only misses a game and is spared playing for France?
The upside... but it exposes their sudden lack of depth.

This odd obsession with wanting to return to the united way of doing it with youth.

That’s not the united way, you bring youth through if it’s good enough, not just for the hell of it. In ‘92 they brought through an extraordinary bunch. Now?  Who knows?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33107 on: August 26, 2019, 11:55:09 am »
The upside... but it exposes their sudden lack of depth.

This odd obsession with wanting to return to the united way of doing it with youth.

That’s not the united way, you bring youth through if it’s good enough, not just for the hell of it. In ‘92 they brought through an extraordinary bunch. Now?  Who knows?
Every top club has talented youth players. When you're in the sort of transition phase them, chelsea and arsenal are in is pobably the best time to give a few good minutes and see if you have anyone who can help save you money, or flip for decent money. We did it in Rodger' first season and it worked out alright.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:58:28 am by Chris~ »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33108 on: August 26, 2019, 11:59:28 am »
Every top club has talented youth players. When you're in the sort of transition phase them, chelsea and arsenal are in is pobably the best time to give a few good minutes and see if you have anyone who can help save you money, or flip for decent money. We did it in Rodger' first season and it worked out alright.
They aren’t in transition.

They’re in a fucking hideous mess.

Let’s not avoid calling a spade a spade. 

It’s a joy to behold
W

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33109 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:24 pm »
Crazy stat on BBC that these have only lost 2 games in injury time since football began in 1992. L
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33110 on: August 26, 2019, 12:33:14 pm »
They aren’t in transition.

They’re in a fucking hideous mess.

Let’s not avoid calling a spade a spade. 

It’s a joy to behold

They are in transition though.  They're going from bad to worse. ;D

The only real question is when will even their die hards begin to realise and accept this isn't just a blip?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33111 on: August 26, 2019, 12:35:12 pm »

;D

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #33112 on: August 26, 2019, 12:44:04 pm »

It's not like they didn't try.

They are in a similar situation to us some time ago when Gerrard was asked to text big name players to beg to come here.

Horrible situation to be in.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33113 on: August 26, 2019, 12:46:00 pm »

The only real question is when will even their die hards begin to realise and accept this isn't just a blip?
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33114 on: August 26, 2019, 12:47:26 pm »
The truth is that no one running the club cares about anything but cash flow.

The astonishing thing is that the cash keeps on rolling in and feathers the Glazers nest.
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33115 on: August 26, 2019, 12:57:01 pm »
It's not like they didn't try.

They are in a similar situation to us some time ago when Gerrard was asked to text big name players to beg to come here.

Horrible situation to be in.

They’re minted and got a fortune for Lukaku. No reason they shouldn’t have been able to replace him.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #33116 on: August 26, 2019, 01:04:37 pm »
They’re minted and got a fortune for Lukaku. No reason they shouldn’t have been able to replace him.
They tried and money is not the issue, the likes of Dybala and Mandzukic wanting to join that mess is.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33117 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:24 pm »
They tried and money is not the issue, the likes of Dybala and Mandzukic wanting to join that mess is.

There are no doubt countless decent strikers out there, better than what they have, they could have tempted.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33118 on: August 26, 2019, 01:17:45 pm »
The truth is that no one running the club cares about anything but cash flow.

The astonishing thing is that the cash keeps on rolling in and feathers the Glazers nest.
if this keeps up on the pitch the cash won’t flow so well off it when deals need to be renewed

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #33119 on: August 26, 2019, 01:41:58 pm »
Oh and long shots are the answer against low block teams. Their players need to take more long shots to score goals andwin games

City are the best in the league against low block teams ... they also take the fewest long shots

Might be an argument if you have bad players that pass badly that long range shooting gives you a better chance to score but mostly you’re just giving the defence a rest
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:50:29 pm by JackWard33 »