Author Topic: Debrecen Away  (Read 50194 times)

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
Re: Debrecen Away
« Reply #400 on: December 7, 2009, 03:58:39 pm »
http://vimeo.com/8024888

Video there of 22 minutes of the Stevie Gerrard song in Becketts in Budapest on the monday night.

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »
Anyone go to that Becketts btw? The Irish owner was a fucking manc twat who over-charged everyone and stopped serving because we were singing!

Over-charging seemed to be the order of the day. We went to a Club on the Saturday night, was 300 Forint to get in (or that's how much everyone was paying), but as soon as they realised we were foreign the entry price went up to 1500 Forint :no

And drinking in Longford Irish Bar the night before the game, they conveniently "ran out" of the local brew (Dreher) which was obviously cheaper, so the only thing they had on tap was Pilsner Urquell :wanker

Women around town and the Christmas Market were awesome though :D
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2009, 02:52:21 pm »
Don't drink in Irish bars abroad, then? Or move to a local bar when the beer runs out?

Irish bars are always a good place to start cos of the atmosphere. And we did go somewhere else - a bar called Szimpla that a Hungarian friend had taken me to on a previous visit. It was a bit of a walk from the Centre, there were about a dozen-odd Scousers following us who kept thinking we were leading them on a wild goose chase...but it's a great place and they all seemed to like it in the end. Chilled out, reasonable prices, bit of a crazy look and feel to it I suppose but hey, where else can you say you've had a pint sat on a pommel horse or in an empty bath tub :-\

For the record I don't for one minute believe that their main beer on tap had just "run out." And when the bill came there were more beers on the tab than we'd ordered so there was a lot of going back and forth to get them taken off. To be fair the majority of cities where we end up playing not all Irish bars are like that.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:01 pm »
To be fair all irish bars abroad are shite.

And yes some pleaces do run out of beer.

2001 - 2 bars ran out mid afternoon pre uefa final

2005 - beer ran out in one istanbul bar on the tuesday
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2009, 07:16:36 pm »
To be fair all irish bars abroad are shite.

I disagree - can't think of specific ones but the ones in Marseille and Madrid have always had lots of people and a great atmosphere before a game.

And yes some pleaces do run out of beer.

2001 - 2 bars ran out mid afternoon pre uefa final

2005 - beer ran out in one istanbul bar on the tuesday

You're talking big numbers there for Finals, tens of thousands of people. Where we were, it was early evening and there were barely 20 people in the place. And besides, while I was told they'd run out of beer, I seem to recall someone else being told there was a problem with the pump. Given the other (similar) experiences we'd had in the city up until then, you can't blame us for being cynical.

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2009, 07:39:01 pm »
Ok then, Ljubliana. Bar ran out of lager. Masses went there.

And most irish bars are overpriced and usually fukk of the kind of people i try and avoid abroad. Brits...;-)

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »
Ok then, Ljubliana. Bar ran out of lager. Masses went there.

Fine, I'm sure there are lots of towns where a bar may or may not have run out of beer at some point...

And most irish bars are overpriced and usually fukk of the kind of people i try and avoid abroad. Brits...;-)

I'm not talking about when you're on a holiday...but surely for Euro Aways you wanna be around other Reds singing songs and creating a bit of atmosphere? Certainly all the videos that appear on here when we all get back tend to be of that variety.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:39 pm »
Especially on euro aways...local bars can be just as good with the right crowd and usually a hell of a lot cheaper.

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
Especially on euro aways...local bars can be just as good with the right crowd and usually a hell of a lot cheaper.

Well I'll look forward to that in Bucharest then!

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2009, 08:41:46 pm »
Well I'll look forward to that in Bucharest then!
did you go the irish bars against odense,dynamo bucharest,austria vienna,Panathinaikos?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:44:51 am by Mr Mojo Risin' »
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #410 on: December 23, 2009, 05:46:06 am »
Rafa at Jamesons bar in Cologne the night before Leverkusen was one of the best nights of my life. Great bar, great songs, great trip!!
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #411 on: December 23, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
Rafa at Jamesons bar in Cologne the night before Leverkusen was one of the best nights of my life. Great bar, great songs, great trip!!

Been to that bar for the previous Leverkusen game, excellent Irish breakfast, decent prices, exception to the rule.  We're going back there in January for Bayer v Mainz game and dragging Jon in there whether he likes it or not!
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.