Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1412824 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4560 on: February 4, 2019, 10:48:03 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4561 on: February 4, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
Well at least we didn't lose (even if we fully deserved to!).

But we still have 13 games left to. Anything can still happen. City could well drop points against Chelsea (are they fuck dropping them against Everton!), or indeed any of their other 11 matches. The title race is still in full swing!

Saying that, I am actually really looking for the Champions League now. I think the team could do with a break from the media/social-media Premier League circus. Plus its the Champions League against Munich, so what's not to look forward to!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4562 on: February 4, 2019, 10:54:38 pm »
Yep, feels shit tonight, even worse than shit in fact and some aspects of the performance were worrying but we are in the most amazing position still. In August I'd have ripped an arm off for 6 behind at this stage then give it a right go, obviously that doesn't make losing a 7 point lead any less disappointing but we are still in such a great place, it was never sustainable to keep beating everyone outside the top 6 and we were never just going to stroll to the title with 104 points or whatever.

Bournemouth are beyond pathetic away from home and don't have it in them to do a Leicester so hopefully we are back to winning ways on the weekend then who knows on Sunday, Spurs and City have tough games.

And who knows, Everton might go and piss their supporters off by nicking something on Wednesday!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4563 on: February 4, 2019, 10:58:33 pm »
And who knows, Everton might go and piss their supporters off by nicking something on Wednesday!

First laugh of the night. More chance of plaiting fog.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4564 on: February 4, 2019, 10:59:41 pm »
I just can't get my head around the amount of people who really genuinely believe that:

1. Everton will just roll over and let City win
2. Utd will do the same
3. Officials want us to lose the league
4. Everyone and every media outlet want us to lose
5. Every team will raise their game against us, and not against City

I don't believe a single one of them. Its bloody hard to win the league, for us and for City. No one will do you any favours.
We're in a era of 24hrs news, they'll stoke this up all the way to the bitter end. Live with it, but don't fall for it.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4565 on: February 4, 2019, 11:00:40 pm »
Inevitable change to the thread title on Wednesday.  :)
We weren't top when the thread was created
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4566 on: February 4, 2019, 11:01:31 pm »
I just can't get my head around the amount of people who really genuinely believe that:

2. Utd will do the same

I don't believe a single one of them. Its bloody hard to win the league, for us and for City. No one will do you any favours.
We're in a era of 24hrs news, they'll stoke this up all the way to the bitter end. Live with it, but don't fall for it.

1. is true but it makes no difference because Everton are shite and City are brilliant. 4. is also half correct, no one wants us to win it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4567 on: February 4, 2019, 11:03:31 pm »
We weren't top when the thread was created

And the ball is still firmly in our court regardless of Wednesday's result.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4568 on: February 4, 2019, 11:04:10 pm »

Guardiola's still got to go to Goodison and get something.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4569 on: February 4, 2019, 11:04:23 pm »
4. is also half correct, no one wants us to win it.

Based on what? Some dickheads on Twitter?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4570 on: February 4, 2019, 11:05:55 pm »

Opposition fans don't want us to win it, in real life, not just on the Internet.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4571 on: February 4, 2019, 11:05:58 pm »

Twitter & Facebook is full of dickheads.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4572 on: February 4, 2019, 11:06:55 pm »
1. is true but it makes no difference because Everton are shite and City are brilliant. 4. is also half correct, no one wants us to win it.

1. Its really not, in my opinion that is, If Everton lose, which is probable, its because they are shite, not because they want to fuck us over
4. They want this stretched out to the very end, no media wants this over early

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4573 on: February 4, 2019, 11:08:23 pm »

2. Utd will do the same

I'd say a good 70-80% of opposition fans don't want us to win it from talking to the supporters of other clubs and reading their forums. Maybe it's because of certain incidents in our recent past that has them hating us. Maybe it's because we used to win everything in the 70's and 80's. But that's just how it is. City have been an irrelevance throughout their whole history and have only just become good during this past decade. Other clubs and fans just comfort themselves that City have an infinite amount of money and can buy their way to success so they just don't care to compete with them or even care what they do. As for the officials and media, maybe you have a point. The media lives for clickbait and the officials are just mediocre. As for other teams turning up against us, I believe that too. We're the leaders. Every team and their dog wants to get stuck in and mess us up.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4574 on: February 4, 2019, 11:08:30 pm »
1. Its really not, in my opinion that is, If Everton lose, which is probable, its because they are shite, not because they want to fuck us over
4. They want this stretched out to the very end, no media wants this over early

Media don't care who win it, I am not talking about them. The other fans don't want us to win it though.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4575 on: February 4, 2019, 11:09:02 pm »
I'm pleased in a perverse way because now some of the fans that have been building it all up in their head have given up entirely on us winning the league and will place less pressure on the team. Equally, the ones that thought we were never going to win and were just waiting to have a pop will have their cathartic ejaculation by calling everyone bottlers, while they go back to sticking the high pressure of sticking corks on bottles or whatever low/no pressure job that they're in, compared to being a professional footballer anyway. Also with the CL coming back, that will take the pressure off the team by distracting everyone from the league, which has happened far too much. This team deals with pressure as well as anyone. They're just under more pressure than anyone else because our fanbase has no chill at the moment. 3 points ahead isn't great but it is still 3 points ahead. Let's put the focus back on ourselves and our performances and ignore the narratives. Because the pressure is not beginning to affect our play along with the injuries taking their toll.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4576 on: February 4, 2019, 11:09:15 pm »
Just like to add to this..

Silva is shite, Richarlison is shite and so is Sigurdson.

What about Pickford?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4577 on: February 4, 2019, 11:10:32 pm »
With man city already having the league wrapped up according to some of our fans, maybe they’ll go easy on everton. I hope so, I hate seeing everton constantly embarrassing themselves against man city. A 6-0 defeat for everton would be a great result for them.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4578 on: February 4, 2019, 11:11:22 pm »
Media don't care who win it, I am not talking about them. The other fans don't want us to win it though.

They dont want anyone to win it apart from their own. I reckon half of the leagues fans dont really care who wins it

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4579 on: February 4, 2019, 11:11:22 pm »
Opposition fans don't want us to win it, in real life, not just on the Internet.

The majority of fans I encounter on a daily basis that aren't United, Everton or City fans aren't arsed.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4580 on: February 4, 2019, 11:12:01 pm »
Guardiola's still got to go to Goodison and get something.
Yeah, you're right, City have to show up at Goodison. The players can just lay their shirts on the field and go for a drink. They will win 0-1 with an own goal out of fear.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4581 on: February 4, 2019, 11:12:04 pm »
With man city already having the league wrapped up according to some of our fans, maybe they’ll go easy on everton. I hope so, I hate seeing everton constantly embarrassing themselves against man city. A 6-0 defeat for everton would be a great result for them.

6-1 Seeing the BS get the first goal would be wonderful just to see the reaction of their own crowd......

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4582 on: February 4, 2019, 11:12:34 pm »

2. Utd will do the same

I don’t think people are serious about Everton rolling over, they’re just so inept that it’ll look like it, but they will actually be trying.

Anyone saying the United players will roll over for city is on crack. The fans, the massive sister shagging shithouses that they are, probably would like them to, but the team won’t.

The media just want a story/title race. They’ll wank themselves silly if City get their noses in front and then slip up again to let us go back in front.  They want it to go to the last kick of the last game so they can sell massive advertising slots in May.

I slightly disagree. We’ve got a big target on our backs as the challengers, with the history of not having won it for nearly 30 years. Plenty of teams will enjoy the idea of playing the role of party poopers. You can guarantee every away player coming to Anfield would love to score an equaliser/winner in front of the Kop and do a snidey shithouse celebration.  Not sure it’s the same at the Etihad. It’s not the same trying to get a reaction from empty seats.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4583 on: February 4, 2019, 11:13:36 pm »

Have a look at some of the comments made by our own, almost every week and is it any surprise?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4584 on: February 4, 2019, 11:13:54 pm »
What about Pickford?
He’s got T-Rex arms.

Decent interview that from Noble, seems like he wants us to win it. Either that or I’ve spectaclularly missed his point. Funny how he says our fans need to chill out and back the team rather than acting like little cry baby pissy pants (not in those words)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4585 on: February 4, 2019, 11:14:14 pm »
The majority of fans I encounter on a daily basis that aren't United, Everton or City fans aren't arsed.

The majority of my family that are mainly Spurs, Arsenal and random teams fans (Watford, Leyton Orient, West Ham) don't want us to win it if their team doesn't. My other half doesn't want us to win it and thats from a person who supports Reading.

Its probably me. I bring out the worst in people.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4586 on: February 4, 2019, 11:14:17 pm »

Why are people so arsed what other fans want? They didn’t want us to win 5 European Cups either.

I honestly find it fascinating that Liverpool fans care what other fans want or don’t want for us.

It doesn’t matter. It’s about as important as where Jay Spearing plays now. Stop worrying about them, stop expending energy on them.

Ignore them. Remind them of their total unimportance. Fuck them and their mediocrity.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2019, 11:19:24 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4587 on: February 4, 2019, 11:15:53 pm »
The majority of my family that are mainly Spurs, Arsenal and random teams fans (Watford, Leyton Orient, West Ham) don't want us to win it if their team doesn't. My other half doesn't want us to win it and thats from a person who supports Reading.

I have you ever asked them for a genuine answer as to why they feel that way?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4588 on: February 4, 2019, 11:16:02 pm »
I'd say a good 70-80% of opposition fans don't want us to win it from talking to the supporters of other clubs and reading their forums. Maybe it's because of certain incidents in our recent past that has them hating us. Maybe it's because we used to win everything in the 70's and 80's. But that's just how it is. City have been an irrelevance throughout their whole history and have only just become good during this past decade. Other clubs and fans just comfort themselves that City have an infinite amount of money and can buy their way to success so they just don't care to compete with them or even care what they do. As for the officials and media, maybe you have a point. The media lives for clickbait and the officials are just mediocre. As for other teams turning up against us, I believe that too. We're the leaders. Every team and their dog wants to get stuck in and mess us up.

Maybe mate, I dunno, I dont really know how other fans work, some detest City for the money they spend, some hate us for winning back in the day. Its not like they wall want City to win though. On the raising the game, yeah maybe, whoever is leading is up there to be shot at I guess, but IF city go top,it will be the same for them

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4589 on: February 4, 2019, 11:17:02 pm »
What I don't really understand is does it matter if others don't want us to win? Why is it so important?

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4590 on: February 4, 2019, 11:17:16 pm »
It's just a random thought but why do City always score goals when a low cross is hit. Surely it shouldn't be that easy but they do it time and time again. I can't remember us scoring many from them. Another pet hate is that teams sit off City too much aswell

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4591 on: February 4, 2019, 11:17:27 pm »
No Liverpool fan should care what they think.

We are lions worrying what rats think.

Grow up, stand tall and fucking beat the drum of Liverpool FC.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4592 on: February 4, 2019, 11:17:45 pm »
I don’t think people are serious about Everton rolling over, they’re just so inept that it’ll look like it, but they will actually be trying.

Anyone saying the United players will roll over for city is on crack. The fans, the massive sister shagging shithouses that they are, probably would like them to, but the team won’t.

The media just want a story/title race. They’ll wank themselves silly if City get their noses in front and then slip up again to let us go back in front.  They want it to go to the last kick of the last game so they can sell massive advertising slots in May.

I slightly disagree. We’ve got a big target on our backs as the challengers, with the history of not having won it for nearly 30 years. Plenty of teams will enjoy the idea of playing the role of party poopers. You can guarantee every away player coming to Anfield would love to score an equaliser/winner in front of the Kop and do a snidey shithouse celebration.  Not sure it’s the same at the Etihad. It’s not the same trying to get a reaction from empty seats.

Lot of sense in there mate, especially the last comment haha :-)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4593 on: February 4, 2019, 11:19:12 pm »
Necessary to take a step back every now and then and remember it's only February. I thought it was crazy the way people said if we beat City in January the league was over, even if it was ten points. It's just as crazy to say it's over for us now. We could win the league, or City could retain it with ease, or maybe the race ends up being between us and Spurs? We don't really know yet, and the obsessing over every minute detail seems a bit trivial at this stage. When it comes to the title race people's minds seem to be all or nothing, one team is always "bottling" it, while the other is always a game away from being uncatchable. Then they switch roles, often within the space of a few minutes.

I'm enjoying this season. I'll see where we are in the league in April before getting carried away, for good or bad.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4594 on: February 4, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »

I dont get that far. I normally tell them to fuck off by that point. I couldnt care less who opposition fans want to win the league.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4595 on: February 4, 2019, 11:20:27 pm »
It's just a random thought but why do City always score goals when a low cross is hit. Surely it shouldn't be that easy but they do it time and time again. I can't remember us scoring many from them. Another pet hate is that teams sit off City too much aswell

Because of the pace they have, they're able to get behind the opposition's defence and have sufficient space.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4596 on: February 4, 2019, 11:20:48 pm »

;)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4597 on: February 4, 2019, 11:21:14 pm »

They use wingers that arrive with speed from higher positions, our width comes from fullbacks which does not have the same effect.

City also have many players in midfield who have the ability to find the winger.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4598 on: February 4, 2019, 11:22:04 pm »
What I don't really understand is does it matter if others don't want us to win? Why is it so important?
Beyond being somewhat annoying it doesn't really matter that the opposition fans don't want us to win, but it's a problem if the opposition players do. If that happens we end up being seen as a "prize", a notable scalp. I get a sense that most players would much rather City won the league. Just a feeling though, interested to see if others think the same.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4599 on: February 4, 2019, 11:22:49 pm »
I dont get that far. I normally tell them to fuck off by that point. I couldnt care less who opposition fans want to win the league.

And you wonder why you bring out the worst in people  ;D
Same here though, I don't give a shit, what will be will be, next home game is perfect, a team that doesnt know how to put 10 men behind the ball.