Author Topic: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’  (Read 25528 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« on: April 24, 2024, 06:49:26 pm »
Everton vs Liverpool, Wednesday 24 April, 8pm

Referee: Craig Pawson. Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith. Fourth official: Sam Allison. VAR: Tony Harrington. Assistant VAR: Richard West.

So here we are: the last Merseyside derby of the Klopp era. When I took this match a few months back, I had a good idea of what I wanted to write: a summation of the most memorable Klopp derbies. The good (Origi and Mane putting them to the sword in that 5-2 win on Amazon, the 4-1 thumping at the end of 2021 with our fans singing ‘Merry Christmas, Everton’), the bad (the lockdown games) and the hilarious (you know what I’m talking about), all with a healthy portion of jeering.

But as the game drew closer, I found myself having a change of heart, and instead of the urge to mock I began feeling some sympathy. Sure, some of it is not living in the city and having to face their bitterness all the time, but I think more of it is seeing a once great team lurch further and further towards bankruptcy, the culmination of everything that could go wrong going wrong again and again. It’s been a rough few years for everyone – Brexit, covid, insane inflation, horror conflicts overseas, a nightmare government – but when things felt bleak we always had this team and this club to fall back on, a team that performed heroics under one of football’s most inspirational figures, a team you could believe in and be proud of. Everton fans had a punchline (“Everton, that”), a team that takes your pride and turns it on its side.

I know asking people to have sympathy for Evertonians is asking a lot, especially as I know a fair few posters would be quite happy seeing this be the last derby for a long time or even ever (and it might be, the way points deductions are going). But I’d ask you to think of two things. The first is the games in the 80’s when both sets of fans would travel up together downing beers on the coach and booing the national anthem in unison, two parts of the same city standing up to the establishment.

The other is that most of us have loved something or someone in our lives that has let us down and disappointed us over and over again no matter what we did, every seemingly bright new dawn darkening into yet another anti-climax. I hope Everton survive for the sake of the people who love the club, and perhaps if they won one or two things in the long run it would make them more bearable and might be good for the city as a whole.

That being said, I hope we put eight past them on Wednesday. Now, on to the teams.

Liverpool

We’ve had a hard time of it the last few weeks, the winter charge giving way to a spring malaise where we seemingly couldn’t put away chances for love nor money. Whoever the manager is next season, who stays and who goes may be up in the air, but the Fulham match felt like a breath of fresh air by the end, and hopefully the result is a harbinger of things to come.

Line up? 4-3-3 obviously, with the question being who’s going to be in midfield and in the front three. Bradley is the only short-term injury right now, and if things go well we might end up seeing some of the kids (Bajcetic included) get some game time. Either way, almost everyone is fit now and it feels like we have the firepower off the bench to throw at any game we need to in order to get the three points. Trent said it yesterday: we have to throw the kitchen sink at the rest of the season regardless of how the other results break for us.

Everton

Everton may have been more miss than hit this year but were it not for the points deduction, they’d be sitting comfortably in midtable rather than fighting for their lives. I say fighting but they’re not fighting that hard. Before the weekend they had one league win since mid-December and a very erratic Chelsea side pumped six past them a few days back. They may have pulled off a win against relegation rivals Forest yesterday, but that needed three questionable penalty calls.

They play a compact, Dychean 4-4-1-1, with Pickford in goal and Doucoure playing as the number 10 behind Calvert-Lewin (if he’s fit) or Beto. Dwight McNeill and Ashley Young typically flank a central midfield that should be made up of Gueye and Gomes, although Garner and Onana have both played there this season. Tarkowski and Branthwaite are at the heart of a defence that includes Mykolenko at left back and either Godfrey or Coleman on the right, though Young has also played at full back as he did yesterday. If it’s Coleman, I expect whoever’s playing for us on the left to run rampant. Either way, regardless of where they are, this is a game where we’ll dominate possession and we need to turn that into goals. Let's conjure the spirit of Rushie and Origi out there! Allez, allez, allez!!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 09:20:15 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Eve vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 07:07:53 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 07:08:27 pm »
[/img]
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 08:00:50 pm »
0 underway at the theatre of boos
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 08:02:09 pm »
First thing to note is the ref is not Pawson
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 08:02:13 pm »
2 a long diagonal into their area is taken by Pickford just ahead of Diaz
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 08:03:36 pm »
3 Chance for Everton, greta pass diagonal, cross into the box and Konate does very well to get a head on it
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 08:04:11 pm »
4 Diaz cross to Nunez, he gets a toe on it and it’s cleared form just in front of the line.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:01 pm »
6 long ball into our area, defender misses it and Alisson just touches Calvert lewin.

Pelanty

Hang on! VAR

Is he offside?
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:18 pm »
Is it offside?

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:26 pm »
He’s offside
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:52 pm »
They’re both well off

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:53 pm »
Offside, just I think. But this lot could do anything.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:54 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2024, 08:07:37 pm »
Boos any minute.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2024, 08:07:40 pm »
7 given offside.

Phew.

What took so long?

It was clearly offside when you saw it back.
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 08:07:55 pm »
If only the premier league didn’t have it in for them

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 08:08:13 pm »
7 given offside.

Phew.

What took so long?

It was clearly offside when you saw it back.

Trying to see if they could fiddle it.  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024, 08:08:15 pm »
If only the premier league didn’t have it in for them
Conspiracy

Corrupt.

Offside
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2024, 08:09:13 pm »
9 break by Szoboszlai, plays it to Robbo but his cross is too high.  Good move too.
W

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2024, 08:09:14 pm »
Bloody hell Robbo, just cut it back

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2024, 08:09:51 pm »
So close

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2024, 08:10:11 pm »
10 Chipped ball over the top by Trent

Mo collects at the back post, squares it and somehow their defender clears it. 

Somehow
W

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2024, 08:10:13 pm »
Disgusting from Trent

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 08:10:38 pm »
Disgusting from Trent
Before the watershed. Filth

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2024, 08:11:04 pm »

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2024, 08:12:39 pm »
We’ve got a homer ref here

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2024, 08:13:15 pm »
13 dangerous free kick to them on the corner of our area.

Headed but behind
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2024, 08:13:15 pm »
We’ve got a homer ref here

Giving them everything, us nothing.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2024, 08:15:32 pm »
Over to Jill. I’m off for a lie down in a darkened room
W

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2024, 08:16:44 pm »
Giving them everything, us nothing.
Insane. I mean some of them have been but he’s literally given about 10 free kicks already.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2024, 08:17:13 pm »
16 Another free kick to the Blues I mean the Boos. Which they put over the bar in the end.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2024, 08:17:25 pm »
Huge push on VVD, nothing given.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024, 08:18:01 pm »
Huge push on VVD, nothing given.
I mean it’s the most blatant push you’ll ever see. Nothing
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2024, 08:18:08 pm »
They are getting every 25-75 decision let alone 50-50
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2024, 08:18:23 pm »
16 Another free kick to the Blues I mean the Boos. Which they put over the bar in the end.
Good save from Alisson in the end

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2024, 08:19:47 pm »
18 We carelessly lose possession and then the Blues get yet another free kick, for nothing very much. Nothing comes of it though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2024, 08:20:31 pm »
Good save from Alisson in the end

My box went off and I only saw that save when I switched it back on.  :D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2024, 08:20:56 pm »
Hang on in there. They’re not used to two games a week, they can’t keep this tempo up.  Their legs will go.

Stay inthe gane
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2024, 08:21:56 pm »
20 We attack with Nunez who runs with the ball and clearly gets fouled, but naturally play on and eventually the move is called offside.