Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4178351 times)

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2005, 12:42:42 am »
Thought the Williams/Harrison fight was a terrible fight. Just goes to show how crap the heavyweight division is these days when you have people talking about either getting a title shot. Williams, I like him. Nice bloke, but world heavyweight champion? Fucking hell! He could of knocked Harrison out cold when he floored him with that wild shot late on but didnt have the stamina for it. Harrison had the same problem in the round after he got floored. Would anyone seriously stay up lateor pay money to watch either of these men fight for the world title? I know I wouldnt! Im glad Williams won, not a Harrison fan at all. Always knew he didnt have the stomach for a real fight, he went 19fights without really having a proper one. The gravy train has been derailed. Hes done. Finally!

When people say to me Heavyweight Champion, I think of people like Muhammed Ali, a man who you were proud to call Champ. Or growing up with Tyson as champion, I want the heavyweight champ to come out to music like Welcome to the  Terror Dome by Public Enemy, oozing menace and scaring the shit out of the other bloke he is fighting, I want him to show me power that would knock down a brick wall, that killer instinct, then when he batters his opponent inside a couple of rounds I want to see him snarl at the camera in the post match interview and tell everyone hes the best and ask who's next. The division needs this man to step forward, but where the hell is he?

Tonight all I seen were two very big (and unfit in my opinion) men, remake that scene in Max & Paddy when Paddy was teaching Peter Kay to dance, (Dirty Dancing). Neither really wanted it bad enough, neither had any class, there was no style to it. Many look forward to seeing Heavyweights fight, Im not one of them. Too big, too slow, too heavy. Should have a weight limit i think for them.
Rant over ;D

Khan did well tonight like, didnt see Mitchells fight though, did he win?

exactamndo, the division is totallyu dead
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2005, 12:44:30 am »
someone recently came out to amrillo, who was it?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2005, 12:45:13 am »
Whoever it was I hope they got knocked out!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46:50 am »
someone recently came out to amrillo, who was it?

maybe khan? cause of his bolotn affiliation although i dont know for sure
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2005, 12:52:55 am »
Just waiting for winkies fight here now sounds like yous had a bummer off a fight,hope the under cards were better as they can some times be the best part of a fight night.It makes me sick the way alot off people don;t show up for the undercards

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 11, 2005, 12:56:47 am »
Dont know if Winky Wright is on the tele here mate, hes class though. A Master of the sport, love watching him fight. Would love to see him against Jermaine Taylor, or even Hopkins, a rematch with Vargas or go against Oscar. Hes what boxing is all about, but still nobody wants to fight him! Dont think Wright will be a big draw especially over in the States because of his lack of punching power, he isnt really a Knock out artist is he? Ive often found Americans love blood and thunder type performers while people like Pernell Whitaker for example, and Winky Wright are often overlooked by some. But we all know how good he is.

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 11, 2005, 01:00:18 am »
does anyone know if Carl Froch won his last fight?
anyone know about this? love watching the lad fight great hand speed with good power and that touch of arrogance

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 11, 2005, 01:10:34 am »
Americans have really sat up and taken notice off him after his performance against trinadad, as you say he lacks the power punch but will batter you all night.Would love to see him take on taylor as i siad in an earlier post and he would win as well.After he wins tonight he  can't be avoided by anyone imo and if so then they are the lesser boxers.

I agree, I dont think Taylor or De La Hoya (who said he'd be interested) would avoid him, but so many do. Id of loved to of seen Hopkins take him on, still could happen if he doesnt retire but its unlikely. Vargas said he wants to fight him again, but Winky said he wont give him a rematch because of how Vargas behaved when Winky wanted a rematch. A dream fight would be Floyd vs Winky, but I think Winky is too big for Mayweather and dont think it'd happen.

Maybe after Lacey knocks Calzaghes head off, we could see Lacy vs Winky? Id deffo pay to see that one!

I like Carl Froch as well Slugworth, i dont know if he won last time out though. Ill find out

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2005, 01:13:50 am »

I like Carl Froch as well Slugworth, i dont know if he won last time out though. Ill find out

cheers Mirra, dont really follow boxing as much as i should anymore, but if at all possiblre i always try to catch his fights, love that relaxed style, although i always reckon someone with quick enough hands may exploit it, although they would have to be very quick to catch the "cobra"

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2005, 02:53:50 am »
just got home,
 Kahn made the night worth while., awsome live! u appreciate just how good this kid is
 Williams and Harrison bored me to tears, I didnt realise boxing was a non contact sport  ::)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2005, 05:10:59 am »
Fuck me , Hats off to Soloman against Winky wright , i have not seen a boxer with that staminer, he was like a whirlwind , Think Winky   may have taken this fight lightly..still won, but closer than i thought it would be.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2005, 02:22:46 pm »
Cheers Spike, aye me mate said it was on ITV4 like but I dont even know if ive got that channel ;D Anyway glad he won, i like that lad.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: December 11, 2005, 03:40:10 pm »
Fuck me , Hats off to Soloman against Winky wright , i have not seen a boxer with that staminer, he was like a whirlwind , Think Winky   may have taken this fight lightly..still won, but closer than i thought it would be.
How that guy jumped round the ring like that lol ,winky didn't know what or where it was coming from.Although it was all handbags  what soloman was throwing,his punchs landed rate was unbelieveably bad.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2005, 03:37:05 pm »
;D Aye Zab had the nerve to throw a stool at the referee for stopping the fight! He was out of it, funny as fuck though.

Hes challenged Tyszu to a rematch though, conviently ignoring the challenge from Pretty Boy Floyd

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2005, 03:53:29 pm »
Anyone got any clips of their favourite knockdowns or anything like that? Will never get bored of seeing that Judah knockout!!!
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"That was one crazy party. I am hung over."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »

This fight tomorrow night in Germany for the WBA Heavyweight title looks interesting. Nicolay Valuev, "The Beast from the East", makes Peter Crouch look like a titch, he's a fucking monster. ;D

This from the Times...

Freak or unique: how will Valuev measure up?

By Ron Lewis

He is seven feet tall, weighs 24st and is used to being written off as a freak sideshow act. But the moment of truth has arrived for the man known as The Beast from the East. On the weekend that the remake of King Kong hits the big screens, boxing’s own monster is making his bid to rule the world.

Nicolay Valuev looks as if he has walked straight off the set of a 1950s Hollywood B movie. Tomorrow, at the Max Schmeling Halle in Berlin, the Russian challenges John Ruiz for the WBA heavyweight title. It is a remarkable transformation for a boxer who spent his early career being dragged around the world for people to gape at.

Ruiz has suffered the indignity of losing the title to two former middleweight champions, Roy Jones Jr and James Toney, although he was handed back the title this year after Toney failed a drugs test. If Ruiz struggles against smaller men, it will be interesting to see how he copes against a bigger one — Valuev will have a 10in height advantage and a 6st weight advantage.

In the 1990s, Valuev, 32, went through a host of promoters and managers, knocking out low-grade opposition in small halls in all corners of the world. He kept winning, but never got a break because nobody believed in him.

“Promoters just wanted to make money off him,” Wilfried Sauerland, who has promoted Valuev for the past two years, said. “So they put him in with the cheapest possible opposition. Nico would knock them out and after a couple of fights he would become disillusioned and move on to the next promoter.”

After making his debut in Berlin in 1993, Valuev boxed in Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the United States, Ukraine, Belarus, the Czech Republic and South Korea.

He boxed twice in London in 1996, stopping Neil Kirkwood in two rounds at Battersea Town Hall and Darren Fearn in one round at York Hall, Bethnal Green. By remarkable coincidence, another boxer trying to make a name for himself on that York Hall undercard was Ruiz.

“It was not so easy in the beginning of my career,” Valuev said. “A lot of people thought my fighting was a PR activity only. I never lost a fight, but the experts and reporters needed a lot of time to see me as a serious athlete. Because I boxed in so many countries a reporter asked me before the last fight if I could imagine to box in Antarctica. I said that’s a great idea.”

The big change came when he joined Sauerland in Germany. “We put him with a new trainer and he trained with our team of boxers and straight away we saw a lot of improvement,” Sauerland said. “His co-ordination was much better, his skills improved. People first came to see him because of his height, but they then came because they saw he could box. He is now getting interest because he has faced reputable opposition.”

The switch helped Valuev to believe, too. “In the last two years I had a good development in technique and tactics, and now, I think, the boxing fans and experts see me as a fighter who can be world champion soon,” he said.

Slowly, Sauerland has raised the standard of opposition. He defeated Paolo Vidoz, now the European champion, in October 2004 and then faced Gerald Nobles, an American who had been unbeaten in 24 bouts. It was a piece of dream matchmaking for Valuev because Nobles, despite being a genuine heavyweight, was 5ft 11in.

“As soon as he saw Nico, his face went grey,” Sauerland said. “He just wanted to get out of there. Early on, he started rolling about on the floor claiming he was injured — then he started hitting Nico low . . . not just low, but really low.” Nobles was eventually disqualified in the fourth round for repeated low punches.

This year, Valuev has boxed three times, defeating Attila Levin, a useful American-based Swede, Clifford Etienne and Larry Donald, who had beaten Evander Holyfield in his previous bout, in a world-title eliminator.

Don King, the sport’s greatest showman, has now got on board, too. King controls the heavyweight division and, while he has been Ruiz’s promoter for years, there is no doubt that King would see more potential in the giant Russian than the spoiling Ruiz.

“I think it will be a 50-50 fight,” Sauerland said. “I think a lot will depend on how Nico copes with losing the early rounds — he tends to get nervous if he falls behind. But boxing someone of his size for 12 rounds is very hard. It’s not just the height, it’s because he’s so heavy.”

Valuev believes that this is his moment of destiny. “I always believed I would be world champion. From my first fight I believed I would make this dream real,” he said. “If you are not convinced of yourself and your possibilities, it makes no sense to go into the ring.Ruiz is a good fighter, but I studied him exactly on video and my coach and me worked out a tactic especially for him.

“I fight for the title, of course, but I fight for my family, my friends, for the people who supported me and believed in me, and for my country, too.

I want to be the first heavyweight world champion from Russia and I give all that is possible to become that.”

SIZE MATTERS

# The ring will be a regulation size, 20sq ft, with four ropes, the top one of which is 54in above the canvas. Boxers can request that the ropes are tightened for safety, but not loosened.

# Instead of stepping through the ropes, Valuev steps over the top rope when he enters the ring.

# The referee will be Stanley Christodoulou, 59, from South Africa, who has been elected to the International Boxing Hall Of Fame. At more than 6ft, he is one of the tallest leading referees. Christodoulou has been in charge of many big contests, including Marvin Hagler against Roberto Duran in 1983, Barry McGuigan’s WBA featherweight title win over Eusebio Pedroza in 1985 and was the only judge to vote for Lennox Lewis in his controversial drawn first bout against Evander Holyfield.

# As well as being the tallest, Valuev will break the record for the heaviest world title contestant. The record is 19st 4lb, shared by Primo Carnera, champion in the 1930s, and Danny Williams, when he challenged Vitali Klitschko for the WBC title last year.

# With Ruiz likely to weigh in at nearly 18st, the bout will also smash the record of Klitschko and Williams for heaviest combined weight for a world title bout, which stood at 37st 2lb.

# The growing size of heavyweights has led to several changes in limits. The cruiserweight division was introduced at 13st 8lb in 1979 to plug the gaps between heavyweights and light-heavyweights (12st 7lb). The cruiserweight limit was raised last year to 14st 4lb.

# The bout will be held at the Max Schmeling Halle, named in honour of Germany’s greatest boxer and only world heavyweight champion who died this year, aged 99.

Dunno if it's on anywhere, checked Sky/Eurosport and that. I've still got the old satellite dish which gets all the German channels on, could be on there...

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 04:40:16 pm by Barney_Rubble »
87:13

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2005, 09:34:08 pm »
Ive seen him fight before, was facisnated in him because of his size, hes a beast but hes dead slow, plodding around the ring. Primo Carnera (spelling) Was like that, a giant of a man. But he was hopeless, had the Mob controlling his fights and most of his opponents took a dive. When he split with the mob he got exposed as being nothing special at all really. But this bloke could be the one to generate some interest in the division until the next guy comes along (whenever that is) because of his size, people would watch. Seems more like a freak show to me though to be honest.

Offline MrEcho

• Anny Roader
  • Destroy all nations
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2005, 03:17:59 pm »
Anyone see david hayes immensely fast knock out last night.

he looked sharp. Think he may just be ready for the world stage if he can avenge his defeat to thompson then travel well to the usa. Could be like herbie hide.
The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2005, 12:55:54 am »

Valuev did it!!! ;D Controversial like, but 44 fights undefeated.

Giant Valuev makes boxing history

Nikolay Valuev became the tallest and heaviest champion in boxing history with a controversial points win over WBA heavyweight holder John Ruiz.

The 114-114, 116-113, 116-114 decision was met by jeers and Ruiz's coach Norman Stone grabbed the belt and yelled insults at the Valuev camp.

Ruiz, who sprinted into the ring, picked off the lumbering Russian easily and cut him below the left eye.

Valuev rocked Ruiz with a left in the eighth and edged the final round.

Many of the sell-out 10,000 crowd in the Max-Schmeling arena in Berlin thought Ruiz, the defending champion, had done enough to retain his title and keep alive his dream of a unification fight with Hasim Rahman.

Both men tired towards the end of the fight, but Ruiz caught Valuev with a left in the final round and the Russian was warned for holding.

The big man saved up a right-left combination, however, that just swung the decision in his favour.

Promoter Don King said that he would take the Russian, known as the Beast from the East, to America for his next fight.

"He's ready and we want America to know that he's coming," King said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4533130.stm

Offline MrEcho

• Anny Roader
  • Destroy all nations
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2005, 05:09:54 pm »
BBC said it was controversial but alot people who watched it think Valuev was the winner in what was a pretty dull fight from a pretty dull division.
The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2005, 09:44:10 pm »
Hope thats the last we will see of Ruiz. Really cant stand the way he fights.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2005, 11:52:32 am »
Skelton and Williams will meet in February, with the winner getting a world title fight.

Evander Holyfield wants to fight the "Beast from the East" as well.

There are some great photo from the Valuev v Ruiz fight, the difference in size between them is incredible.
Legacy fan

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2005, 09:38:09 pm »
Hope Holyfield doesnt fight him. He should pack it all in. Getting bashed in the head by a bloke that size cant do you any good. Especially if your Evander Holyfield. Its really sad seeing the way he is now, compared to what he used to be. Hes loaded, hes already a legend, he was after the Tyson fights! I can understand why he does it though, hes a fighter. You cant turn it off like that. But  Much as he denies it, his speech is slurring really badly and i worry hes going to get seriously hurt.

Though Id love him to be the one who puts the Big ugly Russian bloke down ;D Funnier things have happened!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #423 on: December 21, 2005, 10:37:11 am »
Holyfield should quit but you can understand him not doing it, he's a proud man and doesn't want to go out on a defeat. As time goes on though the chances of him winning anything get less and less and he's just getting pounded.

Can't see it ever happening though, Holyfield is still medically suspended I think, by the Americans anyway. Can't see them lifting the suspension to allow him to fight a monster like Valuev.

Maybe Audley Harrison should fight him?  ;D
Legacy fan

Offline kev78

• Legacy Fan
  • Deep Shit
« Reply #424 on: December 21, 2005, 10:47:30 am »
When is the fights / knockouts of the year programme on sky over xmas?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #425 on: December 21, 2005, 12:15:30 pm »
5pm on New Years Eve. Not that keen on those knockout programmes, bit like watching those car crash programmes, bit ghoulish. I'd rather see the whole fight.
Legacy fan

Offline kev78

• Legacy Fan
  • Deep Shit
« Reply #426 on: December 21, 2005, 12:19:29 pm »
Thanks for that. I'll make sure I set the sky+ up.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: December 21, 2005, 04:35:19 pm »
Nice one, is it just the best knockouts of 2005? Or the best fights? Theres been some crackers this year. That would be great viewing!

And can you believe they are bringing Harrison vs Williams out on Dvd? ;D Oh dear! It was on hmv's website the other day! That'll be up there with other "Classics" beetween such gladiators like Frank Bruno vs Joe Bugner that they are selling ;D

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:19 pm »
Filmed fight knocks Stallone unconscious
Monday, December 19 2005, 21:06 GMT -- by Fiona Edwards

Actor Sylvester Stallone has been knocked unconscious while filming one of the fight scenes for the delayed sixth film in the Rocky series, Rocky Balboa.

The film star was knocked unconscious after a violent blow to the head during filming in a ring in Las Vegas, Nevada. Onlookers failed to raise the alarm, believing the 59-year-old was still acting.

"At first everyone thought Sylvester was acting when he fell to the floor," says his mother, Jackie Stallone. "But it was serious. Fortunately he's recovered now."

;D Hope Sly puts that knock out in the film for realness. Bet he hammered Tarver when he got back up!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 21, 2005, 05:45:11 pm »

And can you believe they are bringing Harrison vs Williams out on Dvd? ;D Oh dear! It was on hmv's website the other day! That'll be up there with other "Classics" beetween such gladiators like Frank Bruno vs Joe Bugner that they are selling

Aieeeeeeeeeeee.......... ;D

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: December 21, 2005, 10:25:59 pm »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2005, 01:08:51 am »
From Maxboxing.com

The Christmas gifts keep on piling up for fight fans, as yet another 2006 Superfight has been delivered by Santa's elves. This time, it's the long-awaited welterweight bout between former friends Zab Judah and Floyd Mayweather Jr., who will face each other on April 8th at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The signing of the bout comes on the heels of the announcement that Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins will meet again on March 11th. These bouts join Mormeck-Bell, Morales-Pacquiao II, Castillo-Corrales III, and Lacy-Calzaghe as must-sees for boxing fans in the New Year.

---------------

Who said Boxing is dead? Hope we get these fights on Sky over here. Hopkins vs Jones is something id watch, B Hop isnt finished, I thought he won the last fight against Taylor, and even if he didnt he was still competitive. Didnt go out and get hammered. Roy Jones is a legend as well, either way its a great farewell bout for two legends of the ring. Neither want to go out with a loss. Pac man vs Morales 2 should be class as well. Pac man is supposed to be looking even more powerful than normal! Both guys love a good old fashioned tear up, cant wait. Corrales vs Castillo 3, dont need to say anything about that one! Calzaghe will finally get chinned by Jeff Lacy, and Mayweather vs Judah? Blink and you'll miss something. Both guys are amazingly quick, and can bang hard too! Great start to the year imo. Plus the rumours of Hatton vs Gatti

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #432 on: December 25, 2005, 09:55:20 am »

Offline SGTBabbel

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #433 on: January 8, 2006, 08:55:31 pm »
manny pacquiao v eric morales on the 21st of this month!

sure to be a cracker!!

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,12-1208116,00.html

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 8, 2006, 09:31:15 pm »
Watch this...it's worth it!

http://www.heavy.com/heavy.php?videoPath=../content/carnage/flash_video/tysonjingle

That was class ;D Good to see Mike looking happy for a change, seen him dress up at halloween and sing a song as well. He looks a lot happier anyway, hope he can keep it up :)

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 9, 2006, 01:14:55 pm »
Zab got his big fat mouth shut again....and this time he blamed it on Don King!! Great to see a poor fighter come through...couldn't afford money to pay sanctioning fees, but at least he walks away with one title. Viva la Baldomir!
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 9, 2006, 04:03:02 pm »
Aye Zab talked far too much shit, he had his hangers on surround the other bloke before he came into the ring,they really treat him with a lot of disrespect. I think Zab was trying to play some mind games with the bloke but it lit a fire under his arse by all accounts. Judah must be finished now surely? What Ive heard it seems anybody who can hit him can rock him badly, so someone like Ricky Hatton, Floyd Mayweather or even Kostya Tyszu again would smash him into next week. Just seems he has very little punch resistence and according to the guy who beat him, very little power too!

Still gutted him and Floyd wont fight tho, but if it brings Hatton vs Floyd closer im all for it :)

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 9, 2006, 05:31:45 pm »
True..Hatton and Floyd would be class, though there are so many fights out there in these weights....but yes, Hatton and Floyd is the one I want to see. I'm afraid Kostya ended Zab's career as far as being a 'great' fighter goes, though it failed to knock any class into him, the loud mouthed bastard.

PBF and Zab are great mates apparently, and I think they have very similar boxing styles, ie a shedload of brilliance, with less reliance on power, and seemingly great big mouths to go with it. Seeing two boxers of totally different styles go at it like Ricky and PBF would be fantastic, because frankly Zab would have a very hard time keeping up with the Floyd. Though I dislike loudmouths like PBF, for all his brilliance, and would love to see someone stuff their oversized fist straight down PBF's oversized mouth. Just so long as it isn't me.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 9, 2006, 11:04:22 pm »

PBF and Zab are great mates apparently, and I think they have very similar boxing styles, ie a shedload of brilliance, with less reliance on power, and seemingly great big mouths to go with it. Seeing two boxers of totally different styles go at it like Ricky and PBF would be fantastic, because frankly Zab would have a very hard time keeping up with the Floyd. Though I dislike loudmouths like PBF, for all his brilliance, and would love to see someone stuff their oversized fist straight down PBF's oversized mouth. Just so long as it isn't me.

They arent anymore mate, apparently it all started a few years ago, Floyd allegedly knocked Judah out in a sparring session, I believe it. Seems anytime someone can land on him they put him out or very close to it. Theres been a hell of a lot of trash talk beetween the two, they really hate each other now. Zab called Floyd Pretty Girl ;D I think Floyd would spank just about anyone at welter or light welter. Only one im not sure about is Hatton

A lot of people dont like Floyd because hes arrogant, cocky, a big mouth. But when you have the kind of talent he does, you can be all that! I think hes the dogs bollocks myself like. Could watch him fight all day, he just makes you step back and say wow. Awesome.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 11:06:02 pm by Mirra »

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2006, 02:50:35 am »