Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager  (Read 150729 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager
« Reply #880 on: October 4, 2015, 08:37:23 pm »
Well, my response was actually to TheTeflonJohn who said:

We didn't seem to be concerned about tradition and values and stability when we gave Hodgon the axe. Didn't seem to have a problem heaping abuse and shite on him. We still do it. So much respect shown for a former manager!

So the inference is, we should have stuck with Rodgers because to do anything else is to go against The Liverpool Way™. We're throwing away tradition and stability and we're just going to shit on the next manager. But it didn't stop many from sticking the knife into Hodgson. Didn't stop many from being relieved when FSG pulled the trigger on The Owl. It's double-standards. Either we stick with The Liverpool Way™ or we adapt to the modern game. The former would still have us stuck with Hodgson. The latter...? Well, who knows? But we'd never know if we didn't have the balls to make the change.

listen lady anyone who uses Hodgson to justify some really stupid comments to people who live and breathe this club 24/7 and have done so for decades, needs to sit down and think about do they really understand this club at all.
my guess in your case is clearly no!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #881 on: October 4, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »

We didn't seem to be concerned about tradition and values and stability when we gave Hodgon the axe. Didn't seem to have a problem heaping abuse and shite on him. We still do it. So much respect shown for a former manager!

So the inference is, we should have stuck with Rodgers because to do anything else is to go against The Liverpool Way™. We're throwing away tradition and stability and we're just going to shit on the next manager. But it didn't stop many from sticking the knife into Hodgson. Didn't stop many from being relieved when FSG pulled the trigger on The Owl. It's double-standards. Either we stick with The Liverpool Way™ or we adapt to the modern game. The former would still have us stuck with Hodgson. The latter...? Well, who knows? But we'd never know if we didn't have the balls to make the change.
Your not doing yourself any favours by using the owl as a reference. The owl was a snidey twat who said many things in the media which upset the fans from day one. It wouldn`t be hard to find those quotes, have a look around and educate yourself.

Ged, Rafa, Kenny and Brendan were always very respectful to us, the odd one out was the owl and his 35 years experience.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: October 4, 2015, 08:37:42 pm »
Holy shit.  Just was able to watch the match and didn't expect to see this. 

Rodgers gave everything he had to the club so hopefully he hasn't received any abuse in the thread. 

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #883 on: October 4, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »
I'm a fan like a dad who watches his kids on a Saturday. I want my lads to dive for a penalty, maim some c*nt in a tackle and pretend someone butted them when the ref's not looking so I can kick off on his auld fella.

You wanna kick off on the refs dad? Shady c*nt :P
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #884 on: October 4, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »
Is this confirmed?

According to Guardian they're staying:

'His newly appointed back-room team of Sean O’Driscoll, Gary McAllister and Pepijn Lijnders remain while the club begin the process of finding their next manager.'
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: October 4, 2015, 08:39:05 pm »
To be honest I'm relieved, keeping him on just isn't in the interests of Liverpool Football Club anymore.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: October 4, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »
...We're throwing away tradition and stability and we're just going to shit on the next manager. But it didn't stop many from sticking the knife into Hodgson. Didn't stop many from being relieved when FSG pulled the trigger on The Owl. It's double-standards.

It really isn't double standards. Hodgson was hired by people who had nothing to do with the club.
He never felt like a Liverpool manager and made no attempt to really understand the job or the fans from day one.
Whatever you think about Rodgers, at least he stepped up to the task and all it involved, and for one season at least, had us all buzzing as a fanbase. It's not even comparable to Hodge.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: October 4, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »
Typical yanks hire and fire this boils down to one thing the owners have not got a clue.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #888 on: October 4, 2015, 08:40:17 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #889 on: October 4, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »
I don't think this is remotely fair actually.

It's a tiny minority, if at all, that didn't buy into the idea of this young, progressive manager coming in and building a real dynasty. I certainly did. But he has not built on any of the promise, THATS the only issue here.

It's not naff all with patience. It's not naff all about being 'Sky Generation' (whatever the fuck that even means). I remember people calling for Ged to go, and it was the right thing. Rodgers has had ample opportunity to show a semblance of wanting to rebuild what nearly won us the league, and he's made no effort to. If there was progression, if there were positive signs then I'd fully agree with you. But there aren't, and there haven't been for the best part of a year. We've become utterly reliant on two or three players to provide something in attack. Theres been no real game plan. Terrible defending has been rife in all four seasons, how can you justify keeping a manager who shows absolutely no sign of being able to organise a defence....? And the type of football he wants to play has changed every season.

I'm all for patience, but not just for the sake of it.

Disagree there were plenty on here who made it clear that Brendan was never good enough to be Liverpool manager. Some where up front about it from the start while others just continue to chip away as the seasons went on. The daft thing was quite a few were upset by the fact that Rafa was not appointed manager, despite the fact it was never going to happen anyway. I fear for the next manager because unless he is what most people want he's on a hiding to nothing before he's even begun.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: October 4, 2015, 08:40:39 pm »
Both Chelsea and City, but especially Chelsea, have probably prompted this. I get the feeling there are 2/3 clubs holding out for PepG though.

Wenger's successor.  Don't ruin the dream!:)

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #891 on: October 4, 2015, 08:41:36 pm »
You crack on.

It`s funny being told to let go of tradition and value from someone sat the other side of the world. You ever been to Anfield?

I`ll keep hold of what I know, thanks  ;)

Ah, there it is. Not from the area? Can't have an opinion on the topic. Actually, I have been to Anfield. Jamie Carragher's last game against QPR. Went to The Albert before the match and everything! But you keep going on with your petty attacks.

The fact of the matter is- as much as the arl arses don't want to see it- the game has changed. The clutching to a time that hasn't been for decades, while commendable, is fruitless. Please, feel free to never change. But don't be shocked when the game does.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: October 4, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »
Gutted for the fella.some of the moaning fanbase got what they wanted.thanks for almost bringing it back home a few seasons back.i had faith he would get it right again.wish him the very best. We have to ensure that the next manager is the right choice.this is massive.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: October 4, 2015, 08:41:52 pm »
listen lady anyone who uses Hodgson to justify some really stupid comments to people who live and breathe this club 24/7 and have done so for decades, needs to sit down and think about do they really understand this club at all.
how long would you have stuck with Rodgers for, if the results and form stayed the same?

From what I can tell, you wouldn't have ever given up on him as that would be against The Liverpool Way, and breaking continuity and stability. The result could have been that we ended up being stable and being continually average. The fllipside is we acknowledge we got the wrong man in charge and give someone else who has proven to be better (if it is klopp or carlo) a chance to show that they can take us forward.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: October 4, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
That would be a likely top 4 position. So, again, if the next manager doesn't get top 4 now - considering he was brought under these circumstances - he has failed. Do you think the fans don't know this?

You'll always get those that look at league positions and those of our rivals whilst ignoring the fact we are well below what our own points target should be.

2ppg should be good enough yes, that is why I used it but if it wasn't quite enough then no manager should get grilled for that.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #895 on: October 4, 2015, 08:42:23 pm »

I'm all for patience, but not just for the sake of it.

Can't get me head round whether this is Confucius or confusion
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #896 on: October 4, 2015, 08:42:40 pm »
Ah, there it is. Not from the area? Can't have an opinion on the topic. Actually, I have been to Anfield. Jamie Carragher's last game against QPR. Went to The Albert before the match and everything! But you keep going on with your petty attacks.

The fact of the matter is- as much as the arl arses don't want to see it- the game has changed. The clutching to a time that hasn't been for decades, while commendable, is fruitless. Please, feel free to never change. But don't be shocked when the game does.

Yes it has changed. People like you follow it now.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: October 4, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
Heeeyyyy the ref ain't my kid.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: October 4, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
My lad is in a bar in town and everyone is singing Brendan's name. That's fucking class. I know many are pleased but its made me a bit emotional :)

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #899 on: October 4, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

In a nutshell

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #900 on: October 4, 2015, 08:43:32 pm »
Not sure if we can use Twitter as a source but someone supposedly reliable who called the sacking 2 days ago regardless of the result has just said it's going to be Klopp.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #901 on: October 4, 2015, 08:43:45 pm »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #902 on: October 4, 2015, 08:44:03 pm »
My lad is in a bar in town and everyone is singing Brendan's name. That's fucking class. I know many are pleased but its made me a bit emotional :)

Bang on.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: October 4, 2015, 08:44:24 pm »
Good to hear.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #904 on: October 4, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »
All this fake sadness.  Bring on the new manager before I puke.

Do one...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: October 4, 2015, 08:45:04 pm »

Only if he's on a zimmer frame and got emphysema. Don't wanna take any fucking chances like  ;D
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #906 on: October 4, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »
What are the values that we must hold as a liverpool fan.  Spirit of shankly? YNWA? Can anyone advise? Because reading all these comments here recently I don't really see anything that represents 'the Liverpool way'

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #907 on: October 4, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »

Awwwwww... :(

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: October 4, 2015, 08:45:26 pm »
Can't get me head round whether this is Confucius or confusion
it's a valid statement imo.

many here wouldn't have sacked him because that goes against tradition, whereas i'd argue Brendan showed very little that made sticking with him the right choice, especially given the alternatives to him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #909 on: October 4, 2015, 08:46:11 pm »

the same hodge who didn't understand the football club? Get real

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #910 on: October 4, 2015, 08:46:32 pm »
Eric Idle is having a minor Twitter meltdown about the stupidity of sacking him..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #911 on: October 4, 2015, 08:46:47 pm »

Good to hear.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #912 on: October 4, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #913 on: October 4, 2015, 08:47:11 pm »
As I've said, he will comeback and get a wonderful reception.

Speaks a lot about him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #914 on: October 4, 2015, 08:47:41 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/egmPS8tXgXw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/egmPS8tXgXw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UpH-ZblyR2g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UpH-ZblyR2g</a>
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #915 on: October 4, 2015, 08:48:26 pm »
Can we give this shit a rest?

We didn't have stability. One man does not equal stability when everyone around him was being replaced. We had a squad turnover of over 13 players between two summers. We sacked and replaced key backroom staff. We lost a club legend, a young talent, and lost our striking talisman to injury. Stability has been nowhere to be found for the past 12 months. Some of that is down to our manager, some of that isn't. Pretending that keeping a manager who is struggling = stability is disingenuous. Far more goes into it than that.

Let's cut out the fucking supporter to supporter sniping for once. We're all here for the same reason. The dickheads will always be dickheads, the loyal will always be loyal. At the end of the day what unites us is a love for the club.

The posters on RAWK didn't get Brendan sacked. Hell, the whoppers leaving early or booing maybe played a small part but at the end of the day I doubt they got him sacked either. The players who gave up on him and our season when we got tanked 6-1 could have got him sacked at the end of last season.

FSG met with Rodgers and presumably outlined their expectations and Brendan signed up for the transfer kitty, the revamped backroom staff, and being the confident and talented man that he is will have set out to meet them. By today's evidence, whatever they discussed that day was not met up to this point. Have they pulled the trigger too early, given what transpired in the summer? That answer depends on where you stand. Probably. But it's done. FSG did it, Ayre did it, and the players didn't help. It wasn't the supporters. We matter a hell of a lot less than you think we do.

If you're disillusioned by their actions then you ought to have a rethink about supporting the club. Face it pal, they own it. We're just along for the ride because we can't help our love.

The best we can do is unite as a fanbase behind whoever the new man is and support him as best we can. Yes there will be dickheads and there always will be dickheads. But they don't control proceedings on the pitch and they don't have a say in boardroom decisions. Nor do we. But we can get behind the team and the club because we'll be around when managers, players, and even these owners have gone. So let's not take it out on each other, eh?

This! Spot on mate
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #916 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:09 pm »
it's a valid statement imo.

many here wouldn't have sacked him because that goes against tradition, whereas i'd argue Brendan showed very little that made sticking with him the right choice, especially given the alternatives to him

Fucking hell, Confucius is in da house
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #917 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:13 pm »
Well if that's how it's going to be, then I personally can't wait until it all crashes and burns. I don't want any part of a football culture the way you've described it there.

But it's already crashed and burned. That IS the football culture of today. It's shit, my friend, I don't deny it. But that's how it is. The next manager on the list of longest in the position has had the job for just over 2 years. Two years! Out of 20 teams. It's fucking mind-boggling! The money is so ridiculous that I can't even imagine what it looks like. (How big would the denomination have to be for me to hold £50 million in my hand?) I'm shell-shocked by most of it, I really am. And in a way, I commend those who refuse to accept this is how football has to be. Maybe I've just given up. The fight is gone and all I can do now is support whatever decision some huge conglomerate makes for the team. But make no mistake- the game has crashed and burned.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:16 pm »
I'm not sure why they started the season with him if they are going to sack him so soon , I like the bloke, this ain't the same game I was brought up on , next in , well we shall see I guarantee Klopp will be a failure, the way the premier is now we don't command the transfer market, we are 5th or 6th in the wishlist , thanks for your efforts Brendan
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #919 on: October 4, 2015, 08:49:18 pm »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer