Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager  (Read 150705 times)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Re: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager
« Reply #840 on: October 4, 2015, 08:20:49 pm »
Can't believe they have done this without the nod from another manager.
As I said earlier I think it's a perfect storm as far as available managers.
They must have a deal agreed with someone. It's fairly logical that they'd let the dust settle a bit before announcing the new manager though.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: October 4, 2015, 08:20:56 pm »
Who gives a shit Geoff?

Apparently it`s old hat to be concerned about tradition, values, stability etc

Lets get the next one in and give him abuse and shite after a poor run.

Can`t wait.
Can we give this shit a rest?

We didn't have stability. One man does not equal stability when everyone around him was being replaced. We had a squad turnover of over 13 players between two summers. We sacked and replaced key backroom staff. We lost a club legend, a young talent, and lost our striking talisman to injury. Stability has been nowhere to be found for the past 12 months. Some of that is down to our manager, some of that isn't. Pretending that keeping a manager who is struggling = stability is disingenuous. Far more goes into it than that.

Let's cut out the fucking supporter to supporter sniping for once. We're all here for the same reason. The dickheads will always be dickheads, the loyal will always be loyal. At the end of the day what unites us is a love for the club.

The posters on RAWK didn't get Brendan sacked. Hell, the whoppers leaving early or booing maybe played a small part but at the end of the day I doubt they got him sacked either. The players who gave up on him and our season when we got tanked 6-1 could have got him sacked at the end of last season.

FSG met with Rodgers and presumably outlined their expectations and Brendan signed up for the transfer kitty, the revamped backroom staff, and being the confident and talented man that he is will have set out to meet them. By today's evidence, whatever they discussed that day was not met up to this point. Have they pulled the trigger too early, given what transpired in the summer? That answer depends on where you stand. Probably. But it's done. FSG did it, Ayre did it, and the players didn't help. It wasn't the supporters. We matter a hell of a lot less than you think we do.

If you're disillusioned by their actions then you ought to have a rethink about supporting the club. Face it pal, they own it. We're just along for the ride because we can't help our love.

The best we can do is unite as a fanbase behind whoever the new man is and support him as best we can. Yes there will be dickheads and there always will be dickheads. But they don't control proceedings on the pitch and they don't have a say in boardroom decisions. Nor do we. But we can get behind the team and the club because we'll be around when managers, players, and even these owners have gone. So let's not take it out on each other, eh?

Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #842 on: October 4, 2015, 08:21:09 pm »
So we should have kept Hodgson?
Shouldn`t have sacked Rafa and replaced him with an owl who had won titles in Azkaban.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: October 4, 2015, 08:21:14 pm »
Too soon for me.

We are three points off fourth and we've played 8 games. We've had too much change of all sorts and needed some stability and faith. I'm always sad to see a Liverpool manager go (Hodgson aside).

Yes we've not played great this season, but again we have new players to settle in and Sturridge only just back. 

I wonder if Maureen's imminent departure at Chelsea spooked the owners into a decision, knowing that whoever they have in mind would go to Chelsea if that job was available.
I  think the  only reason can be we have some big name lined up. Otherwise it is a stupid decision.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:03 pm »
Feel bad for Brendan, there were times when I really thought he was the right man long term for us. But the past year hasn't been good enough, and there were few signs of it improving, so the right decision all in all.

I just hope we've sounded out Klopp to be honest, he's a manager who could be here for a while and attract some decent players.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »
They must have a deal agreed with someone. It's fairly logical that they'd let the dust settle a bit before announcing the new manager though.
If they haven't they really are clueless.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #846 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:25 pm »
Does anyone think Chelseas form may have frightened the board/owners into making a decision now?
Yep, it's a possibility.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #847 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:26 pm »
I'm a fan like a dad who watches his kids on a Saturday. I want my lads to dive for a penalty, maim some c*nt in a tackle and pretend someone butted them when the ref's not looking so I can kick off on his auld fella.
Haha, we should have a child together ;D

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:39 pm »
From whom?
Well we've heard it in the last few weeks, Carragher just mentioned it on Sky as well.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #849 on: October 4, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »
Theres always disappointment when you see unfulfilled potential. With Brendan we had a glimpse of that potential. We gave him a team with 2-3 top class players and pretty stable squad and over 2 seasons he nearly won us the title. There was always the expectation that given enough time and stability, with a few class players he'd be able to deliver that once again. Unfortunately, it seems we (or the owners) aren't that patient (or might argue that they've been patient enough) and want results sooner.

He inherited a decent but not champion squad from Kenny and made 2 very good additions in Sturridge and Coutinho. It then took a season or so for the players to become accustomed to his methods and when they did, they produced some of the best football we've ever seen. The spending that we've done in the last 2 seasons only highlights how much the squad has changed and how much the first team has changed. We've lost our best players, our leaders, our talisman, our goal scorers. How can one undergo those changes and expect that results won't change? Take out Kompany, Toure, Aguero of Man City and see how they do. Take Terry, Costa and Hazard out of Chelsea and see what happens to them.

People get in a moral outrage about how much has been spent. Spending just indicates that we've had a significant overhaul of players. Money doesn't buy success in football. We've known this for a long time - longer than BR has been here. Clubs like PSG, Chelsea and Man City spend enormous sums and yes they are more competitive, but they don't make a clean sweep of competitions and they still struggle to win stuff. Man City's enormous spending still came down to an injury time goal by an outstanding player for them to win a title. They are still in search of a CL title. Chelsea, for all of their wealth are currently in 1 place above the relegation zone with apparently the best manager in the world.

There's no doubt that our results weren't good enough. We should be aiming high. We should be doing better than mid table. Systematic changes are needed at the club. You can't blame solely the manager for our poor performances (in the same way you couldn't blame just the coaching staff that were removed at the end of last season). The fact that the owners and administrators at the club actually thought that would make a difference says it all. Had they actually appreciated that its the system that is broken, then we wouldn't be here. We'd have had a new manager in the summer with a decent opportunity to start fresh. For me the culpability lies with them. People like the Chairman and Managing director are solely responsible.

Wonderful post. Unfortunately, this sensible point of view is in the minority not only amongst the top brass but also in the fan base. It's tiring to be on this cycle of boom and bust.

People want to shit on the 'old way' or the 'Liverpool way' but don't take time to notice that anything worth having, or keeping, or that succeeds, generally has some long-termism involved. I despair for my children's generation that may know nothing about patience and what a virtue that can be.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: October 4, 2015, 08:23:48 pm »

We didn't have stability. One man does not equal stability when everyone around him was being replaced. We had a squad turnover of over 13 players between two summers. We sacked and replaced key backroom staff. We lost a club legend, a young talent, and lost our striking talisman to injury. Stability has been nowhere to be found for the past 12 months. Some of that is down to our manager, some of that isn't. Pretending that keeping a manager who is struggling = stability is disingenuous. Far more goes into it than that.

Let's cut out the fucking supporter to supporter sniping for once. We're all here for the same reason. The dickheads will always be dickheads, the loyal will always be loyal. At the end of the day what unites us is a love for the club.

The posters on RAWK didn't get Brendan sacked. Hell, the whoppers leaving early or booing maybe played a small part but at the end of the day I doubt they got him sacked either. The players who gave up on him and our season when we got tanked 6-1 could have got him sacked at the end of last season.

FSG met with Rodgers and presumably outlined their expectations and Brendan signed up for the transfer kitty, the revamped backroom staff, and being the confident and talented man that he is will have set out to meet them. By today's evidence, whatever they discussed that day was not met up to this point. Have they pulled the trigger too early, given what transpired in the summer? That answer depends on where you stand. Probably. But it's done. FSG did it, Ayre did it, and the players didn't help. It wasn't the supporters. We matter a hell of a lot less than you think we do.

If you're disillusioned by their actions then you ought to have a rethink about supporting the club. Face it pal, they own it. We're just along for the ride because we can't help our love.

The best we can do is unite as a fanbase behind whoever the new man is and support him as best we can. Yes there will be dickheads and there always will be dickheads. But they don't control proceedings on the pitch and they don't have a say in boardroom decisions. Nor do we. But we can get behind the team and the club because we'll be around when managers, players, and even these owners have gone. So let's not take it out on each other, eh?

This all day

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: October 4, 2015, 08:24:05 pm »
Actually spoke sense today.
Thought the same too.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: October 4, 2015, 08:24:21 pm »
Shouldn`t have sacked Rafa and replaced him with an owl who had won titles in Azkaban.

"I have over 40 years of experience managing Quidditch teams all around the world.  I even won a title with a bunch of prisoners, I'll have you know!"
King Kenny.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #853 on: October 4, 2015, 08:24:23 pm »
I am not particularly delighted with this....yes he probably didn't make enough of the transfer money but he also gave me the most exciting season of watching Liverpool play in the Premier League something which I will never forget

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #854 on: October 4, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »
So let's not take it out on each other, eh?
This.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #855 on: October 4, 2015, 08:25:14 pm »
Is he still cup tied then?

Klopp said he could get it overturned ....#dealbreaker

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #856 on: October 4, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
Thanks, Brendan!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #857 on: October 4, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »
Yes.

I know that's heartbreaking to hear for some who cling on to a time when loyalty and longevity and support meant something. But it doesn't anymore. I don't like it, but the game doesn't give a fuck what I like. It moves on and it changes. If I'm to get any enjoyment out of the game, I have to do the same.
You crack on.

It`s funny being told to let go of tradition and value from someone sat the other side of the world. You ever been to Anfield?

I`ll keep hold of what I know, thanks  ;)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #858 on: October 4, 2015, 08:26:58 pm »
Anyone bothered this will be the fourth manager since FSG took over, it used to take us about two decades to get through 4 managers .

I'd be bothered if its the same in the next 4 years but at the moment, im not. We all know what happened with & Rafa, Hodge, Kenny during which time we nearly went out of business so I think its wrong to bring that up as an argument. Including Rafa's time, you could say its 4 managers in 11 years and considering the problems faced 4 years ago, that's not too bad.

Lets just hope that FSG have learnt from the mistakes of the past 4 years and we hire someone with a proven winning history and they give him the structure behind the scenes to succeed.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #859 on: October 4, 2015, 08:27:16 pm »
You crack on.

It`s funny being told to let go of tradition and value from someone sat the other side of the world. You ever been to Anfield?

I`ll keep hold of what I know, thanks  ;)

Spot on  John
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #860 on: October 4, 2015, 08:28:58 pm »
:lmao  Great minds mate. Honestly Bobby, when we got him, I said to the Mrs, "I don't mind paying for his Baker's Choice but I'll be fucked if I'm buying him 40 Players Weights every day ;D

:) Have got this image of poor arl Buddy on the e-cigs, blowing for tugs, while Daisy dances round him woofing all the scran bowls...fucking tobacco company c*nts  :no
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: October 4, 2015, 08:29:06 pm »

That's a really long post to deny someone the right to think the club should stick with a manager based on their own principles. I may not agree but if they feel that way don't let it bother you mate :)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #862 on: October 4, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »
I think the fact that o Driscoll and Gary mac have been sacked too would indicate a new manager announcement will be made imminently and he will be bringing in his own back room team... Otherwise, in the short term, the would've left the assistant manager and 1st team coach in place to cake care of team matters until he new appointment has been made...? Although I'm no expert on these things.

Is this confirmed?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: October 4, 2015, 08:30:27 pm »
Chopper isn't claiming a moral high ground mate, he's been consistent in his opinion that BR, as the Liverpool manager, should be given much longer.
Not like he don't do it in many other threads telling people how they should support.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #864 on: October 4, 2015, 08:30:56 pm »
Yes.

I know that's heartbreaking to hear for some who cling on to a time when loyalty and longevity and support meant something. But it doesn't anymore. I don't like it, but the game doesn't give a fuck what I like. It moves on and it changes. If I'm to get any enjoyment out of the game, I have to do the same.

No, you don't, you really, really fucking don't
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #865 on: October 4, 2015, 08:30:57 pm »
Carragher doesn't half talk some shite on Sky.

Really ? I think he tells it largely as it is and his honesty is refreshing.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: October 4, 2015, 08:31:12 pm »
Anyone bothered this will be the fourth manager since FSG took over, it used to take us about two decades to get through 4 managers .
Not really no. Roy Hodgson wasn't their appointment. Kenny was more of a short-term appointment and was the right appointment at the time. It was what we needed after Hodgson had almost helped to put the final nails in our coffin. I thought Kenny could have been given another season, especially after guiding us to two cup finals (winning the League Cup) but our form in the league had been disappointing in the second half of his final season.

But Brendan came in and certainly there were plenty of question marks. Brendan had relatively short spells at Watford and Reading (spending about a year at both clubs) before going to Swansea City, where he managed them for two seasons. Sure, he has been coaching for a long time but he is still young in managerial terms. This has actually been his longest spell as a manager at a club.

Now, he did a good enough job during his first two seasons. Our third season was pretty much the same as what we've experienced before in the Premier League era; a hangover after getting close to a League title. Brendan can't be entirely blamed, of course not. But the manager is the one that often bites the bullet. Interestingly, plenty of people have been removed before Brendan. Clearly FSG wanted to try and keep him for as long as they could.

Anyway, I wish Brendan Rodgers all the best in whatever he does next. I'm sure he will be back soon but this has been a difficult learning curve for him in the end. I don't blame him for taking the job but I think that he needed to spend a few more seasons at Swansea City. The structure at our club still isn't quite right and we need it to be for a young manager to flourish.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #867 on: October 4, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »
so is that your reasoning for all that's followed , step away from the keyboard.

Well, my response was actually to TheTeflonJohn who said:

Apparently it`s old hat to be concerned about tradition, values, stability etc

Lets get the next one in and give him abuse and shite after a poor run.

We didn't seem to be concerned about tradition and values and stability when we gave Hodgon the axe. Didn't seem to have a problem heaping abuse and shite on him. We still do it. So much respect shown for a former manager!

So the inference is, we should have stuck with Rodgers because to do anything else is to go against The Liverpool Way™. We're throwing away tradition and stability and we're just going to shit on the next manager. But it didn't stop many from sticking the knife into Hodgson. Didn't stop many from being relieved when FSG pulled the trigger on The Owl. It's double-standards. Either we stick with The Liverpool Way™ or we adapt to the modern game. The former would still have us stuck with Hodgson. The latter...? Well, who knows? But we'd never know if we didn't have the balls to make the change.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: October 4, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
That's a really long post to deny someone the right to think the club should stick with a manager based on their own principles. I may not agree but if they feel that way don't let it bother you mate :)
If that's how it came off then I have certainly misspoken. I'll attribute it to the emotions running high on what has been a pretty shocking day for the club.

You're perfectly welcome to think we should have stuck with the manager. I think it's an entirely justifiable point of view for a multitude of different reasons. What I don't abide by is Liverpool supporters abusing other Liverpool supporters over a decision that ultimately had nothing to do with us and everything to do with our owners and players.

We're all in the same boat together.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #869 on: October 4, 2015, 08:33:33 pm »
Abroad at the moment and have only heard the news in the past hour. Not a lot to say other then that a lot of the fanbase have got what they wished for. Personally I think that Brendan was very lucky to get the job in the first place. To replace Kenny with somebody who had never achieved anything at the highest level was a monumental mistake. Perhaps some of the people on here who were calling for the King to go will realise that now.

However, and this may sound like I am contradicting myself, Brendan came very close to delivering our first title in over two decades. That's Brendan btw, not Suarez, not Sturridge not Gerrard - the buck stops with the manager when we are winning the same as when we are losing. I won't have an opinion on whether this is a good decision or not until I see who the replacement is. If its anyone but an experienced manager with a proven pedigree than this will be seen to be another monumental mistake.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: October 4, 2015, 08:33:42 pm »
All this fake sadness.  Bring on the new manager before I puke.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #871 on: October 4, 2015, 08:34:02 pm »

Didn't answer my question, though.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: October 4, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »
A lot of posters on here are still living in the Wayback Machine days of football. I'm sorry, The Liverpool Way has been gone for a long time, perhaps marked definitively by the sacking of Rafa. Bemoaning the bygone days of supporters and prices and atmosphere and the like is the equivalent of being the old man sitting on his porch yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. The game has moved on, in speed, in fitness, in money, and yes, in expectation. Move along with it, or forever be Uncle Bill at the Christmas meal who won't shut up about "the good ol' days". I think the fact that Rodgers was the 2nd longest tenured manager in the league tells you everything about the modern game- results are expected in shorter periods of time. It's the nature of the modern game. Adapt or die.

Well if that's how it's going to be, then I personally can't wait until it all crashes and burns. I don't want any part of a football culture the way you've described it there.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #873 on: October 4, 2015, 08:34:05 pm »
Absolutely mate.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #874 on: October 4, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »
Wonderful post. Unfortunately, this sensible point of view is in the minority not only amongst the top brass but also in the fan base. It's tiring to be on this cycle of boom and bust.

People want to shit on the 'old way' or the 'Liverpool way' but don't take time to notice that anything worth having, or keeping, or that succeeds, generally has some long-termism involved. I despair for my children's generation that may know nothing about patience and what a virtue that can be.

I don't think this is remotely fair actually.

It's a tiny minority, if at all, that didn't buy into the idea of this young, progressive manager coming in and building a real dynasty. I certainly did. But he has not built on any of the promise, THATS the only issue here.

It's not naff all with patience. It's not naff all about being 'Sky Generation' (whatever the fuck that even means). I remember people calling for Ged to go, and it was the right thing. Rodgers has had ample opportunity to show a semblance of wanting to rebuild what nearly won us the league, and he's made no effort to. If there was progression, if there were positive signs then I'd fully agree with you. But there aren't, and there haven't been for the best part of a year. We've become utterly reliant on two or three players to provide something in attack. Theres been no real game plan. Terrible defending has been rife in all four seasons, how can you justify keeping a manager who shows absolutely no sign of being able to organise a defence....? And the type of football he wants to play has changed every season.

I'm all for patience, but not just for the sake of it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #875 on: October 4, 2015, 08:35:46 pm »
Well we've heard it in the last few weeks, Carragher just mentioned it on Sky as well.

He is only repeating what you have heard.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #876 on: October 4, 2015, 08:36:31 pm »
So we should have kept Hodgson?

No because he was a c*nt!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: October 4, 2015, 08:36:53 pm »

Spot on.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: October 4, 2015, 08:36:59 pm »
I think Rodgers will get the Newcastle job although I think he needs a break from the game.

Offline Yabazza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #879 on: October 4, 2015, 08:37:16 pm »
Naitul Shah ‏@Naitul  2m2 minutes ago Mumbai, Maharashtra
Good timing by @John_W_Henry to sack Rodgers give us the new coach sometime to blend in.. #LFC

Looks like we're getting the Scarlet Pimpernel.
May contain irony.