Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30  (Read 53684 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Saturday September 23rd.

17:30

King Power Stadium

Liverpool injuries: Lallana, Clyne
Potential doubts: Lovren
Suspended: Mane

Leicester injuries: Huth
Potential doubts: Vardy, James, Fuchs
Suspended: None

Top scorers: Vardy (4), Mane (3), Salah (3), Firmino (2)

Referee: Anthony Taylor. I'll put that in bold too. Joy.

Thought I'd get this started to hopefully draw some of the attention away from the post-match post-mortem for the League Cup tie.

So, obviously went to the cup game last night. As usual sat with the Leicester fans, as I do. And a couple of things absolutely summed up modern football fans for me, and why I'm really starting to actually hate it. One of them was the 'Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league' chant. You're Leicester City, do you have any idea how moronic it is for a club who has won less than Steven Gerrard during your whole existence to be mocking him for not winning a particular trophy...? You're not our rivals. You cant force a rivalry. Banter right? Fucking banter. Second thing, and this was more annoying, was a couple of blokes sat behind me in all seriousness discussing when Klopp was going to get sacked. First half, they were discussing when 'You're getting sacked in the morning' chants would start. Seriously. And that's Leicester fans, so just to be clear....it is out there.

Game itself was much like many others we've seen. Dominate, look good, have them pressed back, cant get out of their own half, don't score, cede that pressure, give them an opportunity to regroup, concede sloppy goal, push forward to try and equalise, concede again. Not only have too many games gone like that over the last eighteen months, but I'm pretty sure every single time we lose to this shitty team its that exact formula.

Onto this Saturday then, and yeah we do need to win. Mainly to make sure we don't drop too far from our rivals. Not because there's pressure on Klopp, because there isn't. Lets just be clear on this, there isn't. Our owners get enough stick, but they're not even going to consider sacking a manager like Klopp for a long time yet. There isn't a crisis. Its a series of games where through a mixture of luck and confidence, we haven't won. We could very, very easily have won them all. And yes, I realise how daft that sounds considering we lost one of them 5-0 but I'm going with it.

We know what we'll get on Saturday. They'll do the same as they did last night. Sit deep, rely on Vardy and Mahrez causing our defence problems. They're not going to suddenly change their style, it works. Especially against us. So we need to a) be MUCH more clinical and b) be MUCH more solid. Easy.

I'm just going to put this here. Its from the Guardian

“Sometimes we make mistakes because we are offensively that strong,” said Klopp before Saturday’s game against Burnley. “If we lose the ball in the wrong moment, it is the most difficult thing to do to defend these situations. It is not that I like it but I still work on it. It is not like I can fix it like this [clicks fingers].

“We are in a very dominant mood and good playing here and there. We were really good from the beginning [against Sevilla] and yet their first offensive situation resulted in a goal. It is not that we don’t see, it is not that we don’t want to fix it, it is not that we ignore it – I said if there would have been a solution out there we would have done it.”

When it was put to him that Van Dijk could have been a solution, he replied: “I cannot speak in this country about any players I tried to get.” He added: “We watched all of them [potential new centre-halves] 500 million times and, to cool the people down, what if the new player doesn’t hit the first ball and he makes exactly the same mistake [as Dejan Lovren did against Sevilla]? A mistake they all made in their life but it is like: ‘He is a £65m signing, he will improve.’ Why do you think the other one cannot improve? I don’t understand that.

“A big part of football and life is really put faith in the people you work with – trust them – because they all can improve. They are all good out there but they are not that good that you say yes, they help immediately. I had to make a decision and the decision was our boys are not worse than them.”

This is how our manager does things. He has made it CRYSTAL clear, he'll try and sort things on the training ground first. We can go over, time and again, why we didn't sign a CB. Its done. What we need to do now is EVERYONE get behind the team, the players and the manager. If you're not happy with that, if you're not happy with a manager who will focus on coaching first before making big signings, then really honestly you need to take a step back and think about what you do want in a manager. This is what we asked for. This is who we asked for. We have him, he's doing well. He's got us back in the CL, he's improved pretty much every player since he arrived. We're on an upwards trajectory.

If you (and if you think I'm talking about you, then I am) have any influence over this man not getting enough time and patience to complete his job here, then you can take FULL responsibility for it.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:02:22 am »
Games at this point are never a must win but this is definitely a must not lose. I actually think i will cry if we lose to these guys again.

Cannot say i am very confident going into it.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:55 am »
Wish these would stop scoring screamers against us at their place- Vardy, Drinkwater and then Slimani last night.

Hopefully a few of our key players will be fully rested up for this and we can convert our chances- it just feels like we need a lucky break and the floodgates will open

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 09:07:18 am »
Games at this point are never a must win but this is definitely a must not lose. I actually think i will cry if we lose to these guys again.

No but while we played pretty much a reserve team, they were nearly full strength and we out played them for most of the game (I realise this is not unusual and we concede anyway but shut your face I'm being positive :D )

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:07:49 am »
Support the fucking team. We're a due a win at their place.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:10 am »
No but while we played pretty much a reserve team, they were nearly full strength and we out played them for most of the game (I realise this is not unusual and we concede anyway but shut your face I'm being positive :D )

They were not full strength or close to it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:43 am »

Nah I'm not either, purely based on the last few games. I'm confident we'll create enough to win comfortably, I'm not confident at the moment in the players taking enough of them. One game though, it'll click for them and it'll be a mauling. Hopefully this weekend.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:20 am »
 Leicester are getting us at the right time so expecting a loss here, they have our number and  will sit back soak pressure and expose us defensively on the break,  playing like the away side while we dominate position. Whatever happens Klopp should not be under any pressure he will sort this out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:19:32 am by SandyShore »

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:48 am »
They were not full strength or close to it.

They had a couple out but I think we were a lot weaker

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:12 am »
They had a couple out but I think we were a lot weaker

Maybe but they will have the likes of Schmeical, Maguire, Simpson, Fuchs, Vardy, Ihenacho and Mahrez back.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:47 am »
Maybe but they will have the likes of Schmeical, Maguire, Simpson, Fuchs, Vardy, Ihenacho and Mahrez back.

Depends how highly you rate some of those I guess :) me, not so much :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 09:19:48 am »
Eurgh, piss off Leicester. Easy to say they have our number and know how to play against us. Maybe just hey do to a point but I'm sure barely getting a kick in the first half and hoping we'd be wasteful was part of their plan.

This obviously will be a tough game again, I just hope for once we can actually score with our first decent chance. The more it happens the other way round, the more we all think "here we go again".

I'd like to see Robertson keep his place. Matip and Lovren will probably return and I'd go with Gomez at right back.

Not sure what I'd do in midfield for this one. Hopefully Phil starts there again given he looked dangerous last night. If he does, who fills Mane's role as think Firmino will be back in the middle for this.

Important game for a number of reasons, lets change the recent script.

Online RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:12 am »
Come on Redmen!!
This is the important match this week. Let's twat these twats!!
Watching with my Leicester brother in law - can't wait to wipe the smile off his fxxxing face
Bobby, Salah and Dan S with Phil will do for me as our front four.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:50 am »
Is it safe to say Coutinho is definitely starting in midfield for this one?

Klopp took him off at half time after a very good showing last night. It could mean Sturridge is getting another game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 09:32:54 am »

Klopp took him off at half time after a very good showing last night. It could mean Sturridge is getting another game.

I'd always want Firmino in the middle. Ox had some great touches last night although looked off it a little bit, he'd do fine out on the left or right

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 09:34:48 am »

Kinda hope we just chuck all our attackers on and fuck the defence off at the moment.

Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Sturridge, Firmino.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:19 am »
Hope Robertson keeps his place for this one, great going forward and has been sound defensively when called on.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:27 am »
Hope Robertson keeps his place for this one, great going forward and has been sound defensively when called on.

Looks good doesn't he! Pleasantly surprised by someone coming from Ull' Not sure there is much of a toss up between him and Moreno right now of course but I think we're screwed wanting someone solid there, looks like Milner's been told he won't play there at all

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:43:27 am »
Leicester are getting us at the right time so expecting a loss here, they have our number and  will sit back soak pressure and expose us defensively on the break,  playing like the away side while we dominate position. Whatever happens Klopp should not be under any pressure he will sort this out.

The state of our fan base these days.

'Expecting a loss' - get a grip.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:35 am »
Depends how highly you rate some of those I guess :) me, not so much :D

Vardy is massive for them. There's a reason they couldn't get out for the entirety of the first half and that's because he wasn't playing.

They'll be a far tougher proposition if he's playing. Equally, though, so will we with Matip and (hopefully) Lovren back in defence and Salah and Firmino back in the attack.

This isn't must-win but it feels like it.

Mignolet

TAA Matip Lovren Moreno

Wijnaldum Can Coutinho

Salah Firmino Milner

That'd be my side. Milner on the left to track Mahrez to allow Coutinho to get on the ball more (but obviously plenty of positional switching going on) and Moreno to bomb forward. Hopefully they play Albrighton on the left rather than Gray so that TAA can push right up the pitch without fear of being beaten or caught in behind, too.

We certainly don't feel blessed with quality options right now, though. Once again the talk of the brilliant squad we were building was an illusion. Henderson, Sturridge, Ox, Klavan, Gomez; I simply don't trust these players to do a job for us - from the start of the match at least - right now.

Woodburn and Solanke on the other hand could be exciting options from the bench. Unfortunately I think it's too soon for Ings but hopefully he can get himself properly fit and be an option for us.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 09:50:49 am »
Vardy is massive for them.

Isn't he injured?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 09:52:02 am »
Just fucking batter these twats reds. That's all I ask.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:22 am »
Coutinho starts I think, which is why he came off at half time. Main question is what do we do in place of Mane. Jesus, we seem to fall to pieces when he's not on the pitch.  I know he struggled last night but AOC can't be judged or disregarded on that so I'd play him in the front three and he'll do much better with Bobby and Salah.

Migs

TAA     Matip     Lovren    Robertson

Henderson

Can                      Coutinho

Salah           Firmino              AOC

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 09:56:55 am »
I am worried what will happen to this place if we don't win.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 09:57:36 am »
I've been to the last three games and seen us ship 7 and score 1 and lose every single time.

I can't make this one, so we're bound to get something at last.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:10 am »
Don't wish to make any predictions for this as I've been way off!

Will be a different game for many reasons.

Leicester won't sit back as much which might play into our hands. In off the post or a shit deflection please.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:42:32 am »
We've got enough good back five, Ward, Robertson, Matip, Lovren and Gomez. It's not going to beat Psg but it's good enough to beat Leicester as long as they concentrate.

Then in the middle of the park we need to break out of the rut of gini, can and hendo. Not enough creativity and all very much the same player. I'd go with hendo can and Cou. Sit henderson in front of the defenders making tackles and spreading the ball about. Can has got strength and burst to break through tough back lines and then coutino can bring some magic.

Up front can sort itself out. I'd replace mane with ox like for like and move Bobby back in the middle. Salah on his preferred side. We'll dominate again, and this time put some in the back of the net.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:43:17 am »
We NEED to take our chances and score a goal or two before 30 minutes to crush their hopes and damage their self-confidence. And we will get chances, and in particular Salah. If not, I'm afraid it'll be the same old story. They'll get more and more into it the longer it stays 0-0 and a long ball over the top for Vardy to chase will make either Klavan or Lovren look like clowns from which they'll probably score. Kill this one early, because we absolutely will have the opportunity to do so.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 10:43:21 am »
Just fucking twat these, make up for yesterday and get back on track.

7-0. Up the Reds.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 10:52:15 am »
Up front can sort itself out. I'd replace mane with ox like for like and move Bobby back in the middle. Salah on his preferred side. We'll dominate again, and this time put some in the back of the net.

Mané isn't eligible to play yet.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:09 am »
will be a totally different team and result.

need to get stuck in and take our chances then will smash the living fucking shite out them. if not then is best advised avoiding football related chat for the rest of the weekend!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:15 am »
Mané isn't eligible to play yet.

That's why he said he'd replace him with Ox ;)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:11 am »
Put Courinho top left and play AOC instead of Gini in midfield

We should win this. I know people don't feel confident about the team but we've been dominating games and over the longer term that gets you wins. Don't think this Leicester team is good at all so we should do well

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 11:04:09 am »
That's why he said he'd replace him with Ox ;)

Read it the wrong way around! I blame having no coffee or tea yet this morning  :(

In that case though I'd disagree, whenever I've seen Oxlade at left wing/left midfield he really hasn't impressed me and he had a proper stinker last night along with what looked like a fitness concern. I don't think he should start.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:12 am »
I know it's not the first or even the second time in the past seven days that we've been all over a team and not killed them off, but I really felt we'd have been out of sight last night if Firmino/Sturridge and Salah had been on the pitch to make the most of the openings created by Robertson and Coutinho.
Ox may have played his way out of contention for the weekend, so I'm expecting a front three of Coutinho, Firmino and Salah, with three from Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner in midfield.
Would like to see Robertson keep his place (though Moreno's been decent going forward this season too), and Trent come in to cause the same kind of problems down the other flank.
They'll be stronger as well as us, but ever the optimist, I think we'll win this one 3-1.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 11:11:55 am »
Whatever team we put out, we're guaranteed to get chances, and probably a lot of them.

Just fingers crossed we can take them and get back on track.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 11:15:10 am »
Think we will come away with a point here.

I just can't see us not conceding so need two minimum to win the game.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 11:20:46 am »
Crucial crucial game!
Lose and that's top 4 gone  :o  :butt this early in the season already!!
Deffo need to win on Saturday
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 11:21:38 am »
Crucial crucial game!
Lose and that's top 4 gone

Hahahahahahahahaha

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 11:40:27 am »
Crucial crucial game!
Lose and that's top 4 gone  :o  :butt this early in the season already!!
Deffo need to win on Saturday
Agreed, worst case scenario is Spurs 3 points ahead of us and Arsenal 2. Never seen that kind of deficit overturned with 30 plus games to play. ;D