Author Topic: Ryan Kent  (Read 46457 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Ryan Kent
« Reply #200 on: August 6, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
Come on mate, some of the youngsters won't know the magical David Dunn. At least share one of his better moments.

Jesus fucking christ. I have never seen that before. Thatīs commedy gold. Itīs even worse than this one I remember a season back.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Sg6YCkd38Sc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Sg6YCkd38Sc</a>

But yes, David Dunn was used as my barometer for peoples opinions. When people were suggesting we should sign him I immediately filed all those people under "have absolutely no idea what they are talking about".
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »
Signed a new long term contract. Excellent news!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »
Has Rafinha returned yet with his papers?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
deserves it, very promising and has kicked on loads past 12 months

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2017, 06:08:03 pm »

Looks chuffed as fuck. I imagine the summer couldnīt have gone any better for him

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »
Great news. I believe he will get plenty of playing time this season,and he won't disappoint.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »
Great news, will secure his sell on value.

When Wilson is back from injury, I'm not sure how Kent gets ahead of him...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:30 pm »
Very pleased for the young man, he was always one of my favourite academy prospects and it's great to see him achieve this level of success.
It will be interesting to see what happens next for him. We've grown accustomed to seeing the new contract as a precursor to loans for these lads. I assume it will be down to whether we do end up adding another versatile attacking mid/wide forward in the window.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2017, 06:25:50 pm »

I think it's quite the other way around now. Wilson's injury issues and Kent's performances with the first team mean it will be an uphill battle for Wilson to regain his spot in the pecking order.
Wilson is still a couple weeks away from returning, and was unfortunately sidelined during a key period. Kent has taken his chance and ran with it.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2017, 06:26:15 pm »
Kent: Liverpool has the foundations to make me a good player

https://streamable.com/52yjm

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2017, 06:38:26 pm »

They could actually both make it here. I could see Kent ending up in a Lallana role in the future given the way he played for Barnsley last season.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2017, 06:49:51 pm »
Sublime news

Considering everything we've seen i don't see how anyone can say this. Wilson was fit to play and putting up good numbers last season but never really got a look in, even when we were struggling. Kent has done well on loan, impressed during pre season and signed a new deal. Hopefully they both make it here but at the moment Kent looks ahead to be honest 

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »
Sublime news

Considering everything we've seen i don't see how anyone can say this. Wilson was fit to play and putting up good numbers last season but never really got a look in, even when we were struggling. Kent has done well on loan, impressed during pre season and signed a new deal. Hopefully they both make it here but at the moment Kent looks ahead to be honest

Its easy to infer that Wilson was ahead of both Ojo and Kent before pre season, the only one out if the three who was categorically denied going out on loan.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2017, 07:12:05 pm »
Congratulations to Ryan. Looks to have a bright future in football. Hopefully with us.

Harry Wilson must have been looking on at how well pre-season went for Ryan and cursing his luck. Hopefully he'll still get his chance in the future though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
It's like a new signing!

:D

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2017, 08:01:13 pm »
Has the right attributes to succeed. There's no shortage of role models for him at the club. He needs to learn guile and end product from the likes of Mane, Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Salah etc. Then learn tactical nous, discipline and the right attitude from the likes of Hendo, Milner.

We have a lot of games this season and I think Kent will definitely feature - probably as an impact sub and then perhaps against some teams who park the bus to try and create something in the final third.

As far as comparison to Harry Wilson goes, one can really tell the difference that loan spell in the Championship. Kent looks like a young man, and a young pro while Wilson still looks like a boy. He's perhaps a season or two behind Kent and it just goes to show the benefits of playing for a professional outfit instead of sitting in the U23s. I think if Wilson can add a bit of physicality and strength to his game then we'll have two very good young players.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2017, 08:10:29 pm »
Going from U23s football into a proper man’s environment where every game matters – that was a big moment and seeing what it meant to the rest of the players and the manager. It was the next step up. I think I have really matured now as a player on and off the field and I think that’s shown in my game.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
Thought he was a scouser he has been with us that long

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2017, 08:24:00 pm »
Nice, really hope he gets a decent amount of first team football this season so he can iron out the kinks in his game and really kick on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2017, 10:31:05 pm »
They could actually both make it here. I could see Kent ending up in a Lallana role in the future given the way he played for Barnsley last season.

His metrics from Barnsley look pretty bad I'm afraid. Looks like an out and out winger who doesn't shoot or create much. His numbers look extremely similar to Jordan Ibe - takes people on a lot, no effective end product.
I'm glad for him he's had some first team action and a new contract but he'd need to improve a lot to be a first team player

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
Fully deserved. Great news this.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2017, 11:28:21 pm »
His metrics from Barnsley look pretty bad I'm afraid. Looks like an out and out winger who doesn't shoot or create much. His numbers look extremely similar to Jordan Ibe - takes people on a lot, no effective end product.
I'm glad for him he's had some first team action and a new contract but he'd need to improve a lot to be a first team player
If you watched him at Barnsley though, he was tending to drop very deep to offer penetration rather than play as a wide forward the way we do here. I actually believe the main purpose of the loan now was to see how he adapted his game to avoid going missing in games. Because at Barnsley he had two choices - play as a wide forward and not see the ball (Just as we didnīt v Sevilla) or drop into midfield and start solving the problems himself. He was effectively doing a similar job as Lallana last season albeit from a wide starting point.

I am not too concerned about his production for that reason. Plus production was never an issue at youth level so a loan wasnīt needed to prove this to the coaching staff perhaps.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2017, 11:33:38 pm »

btw - he was one of the highest chance creators in the league. I saw a table Klippy Klopp put up and I think he had 69 chances created. Yet only 3 resulted in goals.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2017, 11:58:40 pm »
Congrats Ryan! Well in, really pleased

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2017, 12:03:05 am »
Made up for the lad. Go 'ed, Ryan, make a name for yerself
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2017, 12:04:53 am »

Youre not glad for him at all. You're fucking fuming really cos his names not Kentinio, or Kentiniez, or Kentiniovsky and I claim my five pounds
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:07:40 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2017, 12:08:15 am »
If you watched him at Barnsley though, he was tending to drop very deep to offer penetration rather than play as a wide forward the way we do here. I actually believe the main purpose of the loan now was to see how he adapted his game to avoid going missing in games. Because at Barnsley he had two choices - play as a wide forward and not see the ball (Just as we didnīt v Sevilla) or drop into midfield and start solving the problems himself. He was effectively doing a similar job as Lallana last season albeit from a wide starting point.

I am not too concerned about his production for that reason. Plus production was never an issue at youth level so a loan wasnīt needed to prove this to the coaching staff perhaps.

He's a different option for a wide player. Mane and Salah are both penetrate the box players. Superb a guy like Firmino around.

I can happily see Ryan playing games with either Sturridge, Origi or Solanke as the no.9. He's very much looking to get to that byline and deliver. It works very well against teams with weaker full backs i think it'll be a good option in the cups. If he wants to become a regular in the Prem, then obviously he'll want to add even more to his game. And he'll be looking to learn that over the course of the season.

The key for Kent is for him to keep that confidence and that bravery to keep going at his man. I feel the reason Ibe never kicked on for us is that he just lost confidence too easily in games.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2017, 12:18:14 am »
He's a different option for a wide player. Mane and Salah are both penetrate the box players. Superb a guy like Firmino around.

I can happily see Ryan playing games with either Sturridge, Origi or Solanke as the no.9. He's very much looking to get to that byline and deliver. It works very well against teams with weaker full backs i think it'll be a good option in the cups. If he wants to become a regular in the Prem, then obviously he'll want to add even more to his game. And he'll be looking to learn that over the course of the season.

The key for Kent is for him to keep that confidence and that bravery to keep going at his man. I feel the reason Ibe never kicked on for us is that he just lost confidence too easily in games.

Good post. Just watched his interview on LFCTV. Humble kid, quite shy and insular but with a determination to play regularly for the reds. Klopp obviously likes him and spoke very positively about him. Seems he's resigned to going out on loan again. I think the boss is keeping him sweet and clearly rates him, hence the new contract. I hope he stays and matures at Melwood rather than U23's. If he does go on loan, it will be premier league this year. Nailed on Huddersfied or Watford or even with Rafa. Love the kid. He'll be a regular soon cos he's a proper footballer. Two footed, balance, technique, got the lot. Reminds me of a young Milly, but with a left peg,  and we know how that turns out!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:21:46 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2017, 05:50:14 am »

Kent is the real deal man. Face up to it.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2017, 05:54:35 am »

Why not both of them progress? Why pick one over the other at this stage? Silly really

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:19 am »
I would favor keeping him around until January at least. With Lallana out we are missing some creativity and Kent could provide that while also playing regularly in the cups. I could see him being on the bench tomorrow, or against other teams who set up very defensively.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:52 pm »
Just tweeted this and deleted

Ich Kann Nicht Warten

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2017, 05:52:08 pm »

Ich Kann Nicht Warten

I am not able to wait? Or I can't wait much longer? In German (Klopps Language?)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »

Ich Kann Nicht Warten

Maybe the pizza he ordered finally turned up?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2017, 05:53:54 pm »
Goin on loan to Hannover or in the squad for Hoffenheim 🤔

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2017, 05:54:16 pm »
Maybe its about Coutinho - We don't have to wait much longer till we know Barca wont be signing him?  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2017, 06:01:08 pm »
Just saw this. That is an outrageous first touch!

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:20 pm »
Just saw this. That is an outrageous first touch!
did the ball land on a puddle? outrageous indeed
YNWA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2017, 01:03:00 am »
Correct. This fucking sucks, we need him in the squad not playing for my ex-gf's beloved hometown team FFS.

Seriously, we're gonna need him. Are theonesthatdarenotbementioned so skint they have to loan out one of our best prospects to save a few K a week in wages?
Wtf????? Loaning him cause we have no money, what are u on about?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2017, 07:11:33 am »
Correct. This fucking sucks, we need him in the squad not playing for my ex-gf's beloved hometown team FFS.

Seriously, we're gonna need him. Are theonesthatdarenotbementioned so skint they have to loan out one of our best prospects to save a few K a week in wages?

U ok hun?