Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 673119 times)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MoTD thread
« Reply #9520 on: December 9, 2023, 10:27:07 pm »
Bournemouth really battered them huh

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9521 on: December 9, 2023, 10:39:35 pm »
When Bournemouth scored the 4th the commentator said Ten Hag was heading towards his biggest defeat as Man United manager....

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9522 on: December 9, 2023, 10:41:38 pm »
When Bournemouth scored the 4th the commentator said Ten Hag was heading towards his biggest defeat as Man United manager....

Well 4 is on it's way to 7 in fairness...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9523 on: December 9, 2023, 10:53:52 pm »
Dear Points of View,

While watching match of the day on Saturday 9th December, during the Manchester United versus Bournemouth premier league game, just after Bournemouth had scored their 4th goal (which was subsequently disallowed for being Ar-eh it’s dead tight on the mancs), your commentator referenced this being Erik Seven Hahahag’s heaviest ever defeat, which, is factually incorrect and I think the BBC should make a public correction and apology and state what factually is, Erik Seven Hahahag’s heaviest ever defeat, and by whom.

Yours Sincerererely

A concerned license payer.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9524 on: December 9, 2023, 10:55:16 pm »
Assume they meant home defeat cos Brentford put 4 past them last season, city 6 I think too

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9525 on: December 9, 2023, 10:58:57 pm »
Dear Points of View,

While watching match of the day on Saturday 9th December, during the Manchester United versus Bournemouth premier league game, just after Bournemouth had scored their 4th goal (which was subsequently disallowed for being Ar-eh it’s dead tight on the mancs), your commentator referenced this being Erik Seven Hahahag’s heaviest ever defeat, which, is factually incorrect and I think the BBC should make a public correction and apology and state what factually is, Erik Seven Hahahag’s heaviest ever defeat, and by whom.

Yours Sincerererely

A concerned license payer.

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #9526 on: December 9, 2023, 11:10:35 pm »
Fair fucks to MOTD for actually giving a balanced view of our game and rightly pointing out Palace can't complain as it was a soft penalty and not a clear and obvious error. TNT, take note.

Love Wrighty.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #9527 on: December 9, 2023, 11:59:52 pm »
Long may this completely ignoring us as title winners continue in the media / TV.

MOTD ... didn't once mention that A. We went top B. ARE top and C. Our wins, losses and GD are better than any other side.

Not once. Please continue allowing us to be underrated.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9528 on: December 10, 2023, 06:39:17 am »
I am not surprised Iraola has turned it around at Bournemouth top class coach did an impressive job at Rayo and he had a very good record over there against the top half sides especially away from home.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9529 on: December 10, 2023, 12:44:21 pm »
Fair fucks to MOTD for actually giving a balanced view of our game and rightly pointing out Palace can't complain as it was a soft penalty and not a clear and obvious error. TNT, take note.

Love Wrighty.

He was still bitter about the Jesus one that wasn't given, even if both looked a bit similar contact wise.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9530 on: December 10, 2023, 01:14:29 pm »
Got to love them complaining about goals getting scored by hand being disallowed when I swear when that wasn't a rule they were moaning about goals getting scored with accidental handballs. Well I remember when Suarez scored after one in the FA Cup they were moaning about how harsh and unfair it was. And think there was a couple others in refs Prem.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9531 on: December 10, 2023, 01:18:09 pm »
He was still bitter about the Jesus one that wasn't given, even if both looked a bit similar contact wise.

I would rather that from one of our ex-pros than the likes of Macca and Carra sticking the boot in by going out of their way to appear objective.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9532 on: December 10, 2023, 01:18:15 pm »
Got to love them complaining about goals getting scored by hand being disallowed when I swear when that wasn't a rule they were moaning about goals getting scored with accidental handballs. Well I remember when Suarez scored after one in the FA Cup they were moaning about how harsh and unfair it was. And think there was a couple others in refs Prem.

v Mansfield I think, and the commentator (Jon Champion?) openly called Suarez a cheat after the replay. His exact words I recall were "the actions of a cheat" despite the ball clearly deflecting up onto his hand and it being clearly accidental.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9533 on: December 10, 2023, 01:56:05 pm »
v Mansfield I think, and the commentator (Jon Champion?) openly called Suarez a cheat after the replay. His exact words I recall were "the actions of a cheat" despite the ball clearly deflecting up onto his hand and it being clearly accidental.

The word ‘nefarious’ was definitely involved as well!

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9534 on: December 10, 2023, 02:06:01 pm »
Long may this completely ignoring us as title winners continue in the media / TV.

MOTD ... didn't once mention that A. We went top B. ARE top and C. Our wins, losses and GD are better than any other side.

Not once. Please continue allowing us to be underrated.

Lineker even introduced the villa v arsenal game on the show as “ leaders Arsenal” , really Gary , had you not seen the result of the early kick off involving Crystal Palace and the premier league leaders LIVERPOOL

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9535 on: December 10, 2023, 02:09:04 pm »
Lineker even introduced the villa v arsenal game on the show as “ leaders Arsenal” , really Gary , had you not seen the result of the early kick off involving Crystal Palace and the premier league leaders LIVERPOOL

In fairness, if the Arsenal game was on before ours, then he'd have been spoiling the result of ours for anyone that hadn't seen it at that point.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9536 on: December 10, 2023, 02:30:09 pm »
In fairness, if the Arsenal game was on before ours, then he'd have been spoiling the result of ours for anyone that hadn't seen it at that point.

Yes that’s a fair point

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9537 on: December 10, 2023, 10:56:13 pm »
Shay Given looks thoroughly depressed with Newcastle's results of late ;D SHAME.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9538 on: December 10, 2023, 11:00:00 pm »
Great goal from Harry Wilson. Made a good career for himself after leaving us.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9539 on: December 10, 2023, 11:04:45 pm »
Shay Given looks thoroughly depressed with Newcastle's results of late ;D SHAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XwX_4SiEY

Video of Shay Given looked on in disgust as Salah scored his screamer vs Chelsea but still got time eating his dinner.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:10:52 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9540 on: December 10, 2023, 11:17:50 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XwX_4SiEY

Video of Shay Given looked on in disgust as Salah scored his screamer vs Chelsea but still got time eating his dinner.
Flipping hell :lmao Him, Richards.... What's wrong with these people.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9541 on: December 11, 2023, 12:47:30 am »
Great goal from Harry Wilson. Made a good career for himself after leaving us.
Dignified when he scored against us as well, tidy little player, good manager as well (except for Everton of course) who also turned down the Saudi money

13 goals in a week for them and 2 clean sheets, decent team
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9542 on: December 11, 2023, 07:40:27 am »
Dignified when he scored against us as well, tidy little player, good manager as well (except for Everton of course) who also turned down the Saudi money

13 goals in a week for them and 2 clean sheets, decent team

Mad how them and Bournemouth (and annoyingly Everton) have now got their act together. Makes you think there were be that many cruises for any of the sides near the top, nearly every game can get tricky.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9543 on: December 16, 2023, 11:35:36 pm »
Christ there's more blue seats than people at the Etihad.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9544 on: December 17, 2023, 01:08:46 am »
Christ there's more blue seats than people at the Etihad.

I noticed they never "looked" at Edersons challenge in the post match.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9545 on: December 17, 2023, 09:46:35 am »
Wrighty stepping down at the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67736470.amp

Shame as it always feels he’s got a bit of a soft spot for us.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #9546 on: December 17, 2023, 11:11:41 am »
Sorry to have heard this.

We haven’t many friends in the media which is London/Manchester based and Wrighty always had us as his second team I think. Let’s hope there is a decent replacement as Shearer, Richards and Given is a horrible combination for us.

Good luck Wrighty in whatever you decide to do.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9547 on: December 17, 2023, 11:19:32 am »
Wrighty is a good guy not just because he defends us but he just looks like he enjoys it too.

Compare him to some of the others who look like they've had their house took off them !!

Probably use Leon Osman more another beige pundit.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9548 on: December 17, 2023, 11:20:44 am »

We haven’t many friends in the media which is London/Manchester based and Wrighty always had us as his second team I think. Let’s hope there is a decent replacement as Shearer, Richards and Given is a horrible combination for us.

I can only echo that, mate.

He'll be missed on there - a big loss for MOTD.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9549 on: December 17, 2023, 11:56:17 am »
He's the only good pundit that's on the show never has any agenda or bias in his comments and is always very complimentary towards Liverpool.

Massive loss for MOTD
150 IQ never wrong.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9550 on: December 17, 2023, 12:06:10 pm »
He's the only good pundit that's on the show never has any agenda or bias in his comments and is always very complimentary towards Liverpool.

Massive loss for MOTD

Couldn’t have put it better.

I don’t know if he has a soft spot for us in particular, I think he just likes watching teams that play good football, which is what we’ve been doing for several years now. He always has good things to say about Salah - as any sane person without an agenda would.

Shame that most of the pundits they have on are more towards the Keown and Shearer end of the scale, and unable to take their blinkers off when watching us.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9551 on: December 17, 2023, 12:12:25 pm »
Surely been offered a spot on Sky or TNT
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9552 on: December 17, 2023, 12:20:12 pm »
Surely been offered a spot on Sky or TNT
Seems he's retired from football punditry according to what he said here.
"Ultimately, it's time to do a few more different things with my Saturdays," the former England striker said.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9553 on: December 17, 2023, 12:33:54 pm »
Seems he's retired from football punditry according to what he said here. 

I'll miss Wrighty too, he has a soft spot for us which came through, and he's very good on communicating how the pros think about the game.

Enjoy the Grandkids, golf and weekend breaks away while you're still fit.
I think one of his lads has a young family in the States. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts popping up on US Premier League Coverage on the odd occasion.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 12:39:06 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9554 on: December 17, 2023, 12:34:32 pm »
Grim news... literally the only MOTD pundit I don't automatically fast forward through....always speaks from the heart..a genuine football fan and all-round boss fella.... Shudder to think of the list of phoney arsewipes lined up to fill his shoes...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9555 on: December 17, 2023, 12:39:55 pm »
Grim news... literally the only MOTD pundit I don't automatically fast forward through....always speaks from the heart..a genuine football fan and all-round boss fella.... Shudder to think of the list of phoney arsewipes lined up to fill his shoes...

I’ve heard Jenas has started wearing glasses and a cap.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9556 on: December 17, 2023, 12:57:34 pm »
Hopefully he keeps doing the women’s games, can see he enjoys it and it brings over a bit of an added audience.
AHA!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9557 on: December 17, 2023, 01:01:50 pm »

I haven't watched MOTD for ages and I won't for this reason.

A cheerleader for Saudi Arabia sportswashing.
A cheerleader for Abu Dhabi sportswashing.
A cheerleader for both Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi sportswashing.

Fuck that. Fuck them. Fuck MOTD. Fuck the BBC.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9558 on: December 17, 2023, 01:11:27 pm »
One of the few decent ones but then again I haven't listened to a pundits in years now so who knows.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #9559 on: December 17, 2023, 01:40:01 pm »

Similar to whenever I hear Ally McCoist on commentary.

No agenda or bias, just a genuine love and enthusiasm for the game. A loss for MOTD for sure.