Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 116911 times)

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #120 on: June 8, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »
Harsh.

When has Skrtel not shown spirit or commitment when on the pitch?

If you're talking about rumours about him wanting to leave, don't ignore the fact that DAgger was pushing out for a move under Roy when he was on the bench too.

As for Skrtel and Agger, they've both had poor seasons to date with us last season. Their worst during their time here, to be honest. But they should both stay at the club next season. They've got the quality, we've all seen it during their time at the club. I'm not buying this "Skrtel is horrible, can't play the system". I honestly don't. I still stand by my thoughts saying Skrtel was dropped to give Carragher a farewell. (We needed Agger's footballing at the back; he was arguably worst than Skrtel defensively before Martin was dropped.) Give them time, signing Papa and keeping Skrtel and Agger will improve us a lot.

Don't forget we still havn't replaced Steve Clarke really... the whole defence fell apart after he left.

Sensible post. But I think Brendan has decided Skrtel's fate for all the wrong reasons already.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #121 on: June 8, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Sensible post? Skrtel was dropped to give Carragher a farewell? Get a fucken grip, loons
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: June 8, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »
Harsh.

If you're talking about rumours about him wanting to leave, don't ignore the fact that DAgger was pushing out for a move under Roy when he was on the bench too.

As for Skrtel and Agger, they've both had poor seasons to date with us last season. Their worst during their time here, to be honest. But they should both stay at the club next season. They've got the quality, we've all seen it during their time at the club. I'm not buying this "Skrtel is horrible, can't play the system". I honestly don't. I still stand by my thoughts saying Skrtel was dropped to give Carragher a farewell. (We needed Agger's footballing at the back; he was arguably worst than Skrtel defensively before Martin was dropped.) Give them time, signing Papa and keeping Skrtel and Agger will improve us a lot.

Don't forget we still havn't replaced Steve Clarke really... the whole defence fell apart after he left.

Dagger defs wasn't looking for a move away under Hodgson, he refused to play the assholes tactics.
I'm no tactical mastermind but Hodgson is a joke of a manager, I find it hilarious that he's England manager 
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 8, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »
Sensible post? Skrtel was dropped to give Carragher a farewell? Get a fucken grip, loons

Before you start with your crap I don't agree with that sentence. I just agree with overall tone of it. FYI Carra deserved his place in the time towards the end of the season but it still doesn't mean if Skrtel is let go that it hasn't been bad treatment. So calm down and go poke your fingers at someone else will ye?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 8, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »
Before you start with your crap I don't agree with that sentence. I just agree with overall tone of it. FYI Carra deserved his place in the time towards the end of the season but it still doesn't mean if Skrtel is let go that it hasn't been bad treatment. So calm down and go poke your fingers at someone else will ye?

So he puts the biggest lod of nonsense in a post, to which you reply, 'sensible post'.

Any ideas why you might imagine that people would think that you agree with it?

Clearly not a loon, finger pointed well and truly elsewhere, one flew over.

Offline The Benitles

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: June 8, 2013, 10:49:24 pm »
hahaha I particularly liked "He's the one that keeps our, dream alive..."

Yeah a bit cheesy I know, but didn't want to veer away too much from the original lyrics so this line had to stay in.

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 8, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »
So he puts the biggest lod of nonsense in a post, to which you reply, 'sensible post'.

Any ideas why you might imagine that people would think that you agree with it?

Clearly not a loon, finger pointed well and truly elsewhere, one flew over.

I didn't anticipate someone would call me a loon for saying that but eitherway I will choose my adjectives more carefully next time. Like I said I thought it was a sound post other than that one sentence which I would politely disagree with instead of telling someone to 'get a fucking grip' and calling them a loon.

Offline The Benitles

• Main Stander
« Reply #127 on: June 8, 2013, 10:53:31 pm »
To the tune of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LBnMRWeV-E

From 32 seconds in......

Verse
"Advancing, behind Stevie, behind our Stevie G - It's super Danny....
He's the one that keeps our, dream alive...
From the corner, he's arriving, to head it over the line...

Chorus
"His name is Agger, he's our... Number 5...
Oh well his name is Agger, he's our... Number 5...
His name is Agger, he's our... Number 5...
Oh well his name is Agger, he's our... Number 5!!"

Feel free to improve.

Can anyone better this... the man needs a good song.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 8, 2013, 10:54:40 pm »
I didn't anticipate someone would call me a loon for saying that but eitherway I will choose my adjectives more carefully next time. Like I said I thought it was a sound post other than that one sentence which I would politely disagree with instead of telling someone to 'get a fucking grip' and calling them a loon.

Well if you call a post 'sensible' when its straight out of Ken Kesey's book what do you expect? I'll politely disagree next time old cchum, tally ho

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 9, 2013, 05:16:55 am »

I have the right to my opinion. I'm not stating it as a fact.

But I find it dodgy when Carragher comes out and states something along the lines of "I'll retire as I'm not going too get too many games as we've crashed out of the Europa and domestic cups" only to get back into the starting XI a week later.

Again. Not stating it as a fact, but I have my reasons for what I believe in.

Dagger defs wasn't looking for a move away under Hodgson, he refused to play the assholes tactics.
I'm no tactical mastermind but Hodgson is a joke of a manager, I find it hilarious that he's England manager

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8240531/Liverpools-Daniel-Agger-tells-Roy-Hodgson-he-will-quit-Anfield-if-he-is-not-given-starting-role.html
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 9, 2013, 05:42:37 am »
I have the right to my opinion. I'm not stating it as a fact.

But I find it dodgy when Carragher comes out and states something along the lines of "I'll retire as I'm not going too get too many games as we've crashed out of the Europa and domestic cups" only to get back into the starting XI a week later.

Again. Not stating it as a fact, but I have my reasons for what I believe in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8240531/Liverpools-Daniel-Agger-tells-Roy-Hodgson-he-will-quit-Anfield-if-he-is-not-given-starting-role.html

Whatever people say, actually I believe carra was played for sentimental reasons. Also to kind of not getting too much push back on his (rodgers) ideas when one of the most vocal senior lad wasn't playing. Skrtel is a better defender than carra was in last 2 years. My opinion of course.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 9, 2013, 06:07:59 am »
I have the right to my opinion.

Not sure what gives you the right to such an outlandish opinion. One that the manager of the football club and his staff would write off half a season, and effectively the next one in European terms, to play a player out of sentimentality. Its fucken outragous if you ask me, but maybe I'm a little green here and don't really understand the way of the world, unlike the RAWK conspiray theorists.

Some serioujsly strange cats on here, proper loons. My opinion of course.

Some of the RAWK crew at the game:
« Last Edit: June 9, 2013, 06:54:53 am by john_mac »

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 9, 2013, 07:08:33 am »
Not sure what gives you the right to such an outlandish opinion. One that the manager of the football club and his staff would write off half a season, and effectively the next one in European terms, to play a player out of sentimentality. Its fucken outragous if you ask me, but maybe I'm a little green here and don't really understand the way of the world, unlike the RAWK conspiray theorists.

Some serioujsly strange cats on here, proper loons. My opinion of course.

Some of the RAWK crew at the game:

Again. I've stated why I felt so.

You have the right to your opinion. I respect your decision. I'm not stating my opinion as fact.

I ain't calling you a loon, either.

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 9, 2013, 07:25:47 am »
Again. I've stated why I felt so.

OK, lets have a look at what you said:

erm.... Carragher did retire, even when he was playing games, and announced that retirement while he was in the team. If he was in the team to stop him retiring why was he still in it after he announced he was going anyway?

It does not stack up, and all this 'I'm entitled to an opinion' bollox? That is just shite, what you should be saying is that there is this internet thingy and gives me a platform to spout shite so I'm gonna do it, regardless.

Why are you entitled to an opinion? Why are you entitled to say that the manager of Liverpool FC is willing to write-off a season, write-off Europe the next season? Why are you entitled to say that he is willing to lose a superior player to give Carragher a 'farewell'? and they are your words.

Quite funny that you can leather the club in such a manner and then take offence that some stranger would call you a loon.

The summer, the internet and loons, bad combination, I'll have to get out of here.   

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #134 on: June 9, 2013, 07:40:39 am »
Everyone is entitled to forming, having and stating an opinion about anything LFC-related, sans justification. Abusing other posters about their opinions is another matter all-together.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 9, 2013, 07:47:31 am »
Everyone is entitled to forming, having and stating an opinion about anything LFC-related, sans justification. Abusing other posters about their opinions is another matter all-together.

So abusing the club is OK through a stated unsubstantiated opinion is fine but challenging and mocking that should be frowned upon as abusive! The wonderful world of the wool.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 9, 2013, 07:58:51 am »
erm.... Carragher did retire, even when he was playing games, and announced that retirement while he was in the team. If he was in the team to stop him retiring why was he still in it after he announced he was going anyway?

It does not stack up, and all this 'I'm entitled to an opinion' bollox? That is just shite, what you should be saying is that there is this internet thingy and gives me a platform to spout shite so I'm gonna do it, regardless.

Why are you entitled to an opinion? Why are you entitled to say that the manager of Liverpool FC is willing to write-off a season, write-off Europe the next season? Why are you entitled to say that he is willing to lose a superior player to give Carragher a 'farewell'? and they are your words.

Quite funny that you can leather the club in such a manner and then take offence that some stranger would call you a loon.

The summer, the internet and loons, bad combination, I'll have to get out of here.

Carragher announced his retirement at the start of Feb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21371091

He wasn't in the first XI then, was he?

Rodgers then came out and stated
"Jamie has been absolutely outstanding for me since I joined the club," said the former Swansea manager, who took charge at Anfield last summer.  "He will have a significant role to play for us between now and May."

From then on, he started week in week out.

Why would I take offence from what you say? Honestly. You're nobody to me. :lmao

How am I insulting the club? Enlighten me.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Mykez

• Main Stander
« Reply #137 on: June 9, 2013, 08:10:21 am »

Why would I take offence from what you say? Honestly. You're nobody to me. :lmao

How am I insulting the club? Enlighten me.

Carragher got into the starting XI in the beginning-middle of January.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 9, 2013, 08:10:55 am »

Are you for real? Carragher returned to the team after the defeat at Man U, start of Jan.

Cannot you not see that your suggestion that the manager and his coaching staff would play a player for 5 months to give him a farewell, whilst it was not the best thing for the club, is an insult to everybody involved?

I can't fucken believe the clowns in this gaff
« Last Edit: June 9, 2013, 08:19:17 am by john_mac »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #139 on: June 9, 2013, 08:16:36 am »
Harsh.

I do like Skrtel honestly, would love it if we had him, Agger, Padapopulous and Toure as our CB's for next season, but it looks like the gaffer wants Illori in for sure, and then we'd sell Skrtel to generate the funds for Padapopulous. Makes sense, since from what I've seen of Papa, he'd be a better fit for the system + has a lot of potential to improve (defintely a higher ceiling than Skrtel, even Agger I dare say).

Secondly, to suggest that the club didn't play Skrtel to give Carra a 5 month farewell is laughable. Carra was tremendous in his last few months, more consistent than any other defender in the team during that time IMO and was in the side on form, nothing else.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 9, 2013, 09:25:36 am »
I have long believed Carra needed to be phased out with quality and last season for a while it did look like Skrtel finally stepped up to the plate but this season he clearly regressed and Carra was in the team on merit.  Especially since Rodgers clearly didn't fancy Coates that much. Personally I think Coates is a good player but he does lack speed and its an attribute Rodgers seems to value a lot.

All that said, I can see why he went for Carra and that was in January and since then there can be no questions as to why Carra was in the team.  He did very well and even showed that his play on the ball was a lot more composed.  In other words Carra was excellent.

This questioning his retirement plans and suggesting that Rodgers only played him because he was bullied into it is ridiculous. You have every right to your opinion of course but if you state it in a public forum, be prepared to have it torn into.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #141 on: June 9, 2013, 09:31:27 am »
I was lead to believe that Carra was re-introduced back into the side because of his leadership skills and organisational qualities. Not because we wanted to give him a farewell gift.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #142 on: June 9, 2013, 09:58:15 am »

I can't fucken believe the clowns in this gaff

Im shocked that you still feel this way..

38000 +  members ,more or equivalent to home supporters at Anfield, im sure theres a few at the game you dont  take much heed of aswell{for good reason i may add}
JFT 96

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 9, 2013, 10:06:54 am »
Im shocked that you still feel this way..

I was talking abou the clown the post was adressed to and the fact that he could not see what he said not only made no sense but was quite offensive towards everybody at the club.

But don't be confused that the community in here is anything like representative of the match going community because the numbers are similar, it has more in common with a twitter group, the One Direction fan club or the trainspotters that occupy air at Crewe Railway station than it does with the crewe that we will take to Man U or Newcastle next season.

Some good lads though

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #144 on: June 9, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

But don't be confused that the community in here is anything like representative of the match going community because the numbers are similar,

Im not,theres only a few that i take much notice of, Maggie May, you, Pheeny Vicgill. Royhendo Wooltonian Zappa, Mottie,Bob K,Rushian the TAW lads and a few others when it comes to it .Just sounded like you where exasperated at the content of some posts , which i thought was funny as youve been here long enough to know theres some ill thought out replies.
JFT 96

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 9, 2013, 10:25:36 am »
which i thought was funny as youve been here long enough to know theres some ill thought out replies.

Most of them by me!!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #146 on: June 9, 2013, 10:38:05 am »
Carra played by merit. Saying that he played all those games because of sentiment is highly disrespectful to a true Liverpool legend.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Liverbird Warrior

• Boys Pen
« Reply #147 on: June 9, 2013, 02:35:30 pm »
Best centre back in the league in my opinion. Probably level with Kompany.
Will be a key figure for Rodgers, and the system that he employs.

Offline JonnyBhoy89

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:11 pm »
I think Agger is brilliant. Loves the club as well.

Also a Celtic fan  :)

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:11 am »

Oh my good.

How can somebody be so overrated? Daniel had piss poor season, probably on par with Skrtel.

Good footballer, poor defender.

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2013, 08:22:38 am »
Oh my good.

How can somebody be so overrated? Daniel had piss poor season, probably on par with Skrtel.

Nope. Shit at set piece I admit, but aside from that? Great season

Offline mikenielsen

• Main Stander
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2013, 08:27:40 am »
He was certainly missed in Denmarks 0-4 home defeat to Armenia last night. Wouldn't have happened with him on the pitch. He wouldn't have allowed it.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2013, 08:37:16 am »
Oh my good.

So by that logic you're saying that Skrtel is poor defender as well.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:14 pm »
Rodgers would never have played carra for sentimental reasons. The LFC manager post is under enormous pressure to deliver, even in a managers first season. Rodgers wouldn't have jeopardized this elite Manager position, a position that he has been dreaming of having since he started managing, to give carra a send off.

If carra had been fucking up, he would have been yanked right quick.

http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »
Will be a key figure for Rodgers, and the system that he employs.

What a load of bollocks.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2013, 05:01:44 pm »
What a stinker of a thread this is.

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
  • This is anfield - Remember YNWA
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »
Oh my good.

That makes sense, Wiseguy.... Skrtel are 200% better than Dagger - Dagger are simply nothing worth as a player and should have been Hired on a slovakian washingmachinefactory instead as a floorsweeper..
(Ironi might be a part of the text above)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »
Just told the Mrs I'm retiring my cock at the end of the year. I'm hoping she uses it week in week out to give the old fella a decent send off. Then I'll change my retirement plans in the last week of December.

Of all the shite I've read on here, the boss sacrificing the aims and ambitions of the team to give Carra a gold watch of loads of playing time is one of the most fucking ridiculous ever. Carra deserved to be in the team on ability alone. No fucking coincidence that during the January to May period we were showing top four form. Would we have done better with Skrtel? Maybe, maybe not. But the 50% chance that we might have been is absolutely no excuse to have a dig at both the boss and a club legend.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Zieki

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2013, 07:52:49 pm »
Just told the Mrs I'm retiring my cock at the end of the year. I'm hoping she uses it week in week out to give the old fella a decent send off. Then I'll change my retirement plans in the last week of December.

Just make sure you don't air the performances on TV - RAWK won't treat you kindly: "3/10 at best, can't do the basics and no flair or trickery to boot"

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »
Just told the Mrs I'm retiring my cock at the end of the year.
Going into coaching or punditry?