Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1521671 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7960 on: September 11, 2017, 08:34:52 pm »
What's this 'rule of three' nonsense that was being spouted in the away end this weekend? Is this a real thing? That its deemed 'socially acceptable' to walk out when your team is losing by 3 goals or more?

I appreciate it was shite, it was shite from the very second Mane was shown a red card, but on 50 minutes when city scored their third, it was like a fire drill. Yeah, the game was over, but I stood there just in utter disbelief at the amount of people flooding to the exits. One lad literally walked up the steps with his pie, turned around the moment the ball hit the net for the 3rd then went 'right fuck this' and went straight back down the steps and out the exit.  :lmao

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7961 on: September 11, 2017, 08:43:40 pm »
Didn't hear anything about the "rule of three" but we were disgusted at how many left after the 3rd goal and after. In my book you stay to the end no matter what and support your team.  >:( Yes they were poor and their heads had dropped but I still wouldn't walk out no matter what. The only thing I did was move a few rows further back to get less wet, but that didn't work either!  ;D What sort of roof is that where even row V gets wet?!  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7962 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:47 pm »
Didn't hear anything about the "rule of three" but we were disgusted at how many left after the 3rd goal and after. In my book you stay to the end no matter what and support your team.  >:( Yes they were poor and their heads had dropped but I still wouldn't walk out no matter what. The only thing I did was move a few rows further back to get less wet, but that didn't work either!  ;D What sort of roof is that where even row V gets wet?!  :-\

All the money they've spent on that Stadium and it's no better at keeping out the wet than Maine Road.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7963 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:08 pm »
Yep, couldn't believe the number who left, some of them said they were just going to sit back on their coach, what's the fucking point of that? Yeah it was fucking dire but come on.

On another note, City really do have some of the oddest fans around. They literally have more songs about Gerrard than they do about their own club. And when some of them started Feed the Scousers everyone just pissed themselves, it was so ludicrous. Winning 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, whatever, their first thought was to sing about us. Sad bastards. A good third of the ground had left by 75-80 minutes as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7964 on: September 11, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »
All the money they've spent on that Stadium and it's no better at keeping out the wet than Maine Road.

That roof is a joke. Imagine being those home fans sitting in see-through ponchos the whole season! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7965 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:23 pm »
Yep, couldn't believe the number who left, some of them said they were just going to sit back on their coach, what's the fucking point of that? Yeah it was fucking dire but come on.

On another note, City really do have some of the oddest fans around. They literally have more songs about Gerrard than they do about their own club. And when some of them started Feed the Scousers everyone just pissed themselves, it was so ludicrous. Winning 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, whatever, their first thought was to sing about us. Sad bastards. A good third of the ground had left by 75-80 minutes as well.

I'm sure its not me but I've always been taught that we support the team no matter what. No matter how shit we're playing or how embarrassing it is, we stay and show the players that we're with them. Do those lyrics in our anthem not mean anything to some of our fans anymore or is it just when we're winning that we can show the world how united we are?

City have some of the shittest fans in the league. Half weren't even at the game before the new owners took over. Hate the ignorant c*nts about singing about being victims, its becoming a classic retort from most away fans now and it needs to be stopped.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7966 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:40 pm »
I'm sure its not me but I've always been taught that we support the team no matter what. No matter how shit we're playing or how embarrassing it is, we stay and show the players that we're with them. Do those lyrics in our anthem not mean anything to some of our fans anymore or is it just when we're winning that we can show the world how united we are?

Ha, yeah, watching some of them singing YNWA while they walked up the steps to leave with the game still going on was slightly ironic to say the least.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #7967 on: September 11, 2017, 11:42:28 pm »
What's this 'rule of three' nonsense that was being spouted in the away end this weekend? Is this a real thing? That its deemed 'socially acceptable' to walk out when your team is losing by 3 goals or more?

I appreciate it was shite, it was shite from the very second Mane was shown a red card, but on 50 minutes when city scored their third, it was like a fire drill. Yeah, the game was over, but I stood there just in utter disbelief at the amount of people flooding to the exits. One lad literally walked up the steps with his pie, turned around the moment the ball hit the net for the 3rd then went 'right fuck this' and went straight back down the steps and out the exit.  :lmao

Saturday was your fault 😂😂

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7968 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:52 am »

Exactly!

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #7969 on: September 12, 2017, 09:22:24 am »
We were about 10 rows from the back of the upper next to there fans and there must have been about 7/8 rows empty after half time and they didn't come back.

Row in front of us had a women early 20's sit down on her phone for the whole game and didn't watch any of it. What is the point?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7970 on: September 12, 2017, 08:51:39 pm »
Saturday was your fault 😂😂

Sod off, I've written to the club to request they put a block on your card and are banned from future matches after your record!  ;D

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #7971 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »
There is no rule of 3 FFS. You stay whatever the score. Been at Coventry (4.1) arsenal (same score) palace in the teeming rain (3.1) Wimbledon in the snow (league cup) and stayed till the end whatever the score or the weather. If you won't support the team when we are losing then you don't deserve to be ther when we are winning.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7972 on: September 12, 2017, 09:58:37 pm »

It galls me beyond words to say this but Man Utd fans are much better in defeat tban we are. They stay, they sing, they support the team.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7973 on: September 12, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »

City have some of the shittest fans in the league. Half weren't even at the game before the new owners took over. Hate the ignorant c*nts about singing about being victims, its becoming a classic retort from most away fans now and it needs to be stopped.

You will never stop it. FA won't regard it as offensive, police don't give a fuck, nobody else cares. We will have to just live with it now.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7974 on: September 12, 2017, 10:17:30 pm »
Ha, yeah, watching some of them singing YNWA while they walked up the steps to leave with the game still going on was slightly ironic to say the least.

Unbleivable

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7975 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:48 pm »

You will never stop it. FA won't regard it as offensive, police don't give a fuck, nobody else cares. We will have to just live with it now.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7976 on: September 15, 2017, 12:22:11 am »
Worth noting that, even before the sending off, the atmosphere in the middle tier was non-existent.  It was pretty good last season, but this match was terrible.  The Asian bloke that starts lots of chants at aways -- sorry don't know his name -- tried his best and I did my bit, but few others bothered.  Couldn't hear the lower or upper tier at all.

The other difference from last season was that nearly everyone in the middle tier seemed to be old like me.  It was more 50s than the usual 20s and 30s.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7977 on: September 15, 2017, 03:11:19 am »
Lower was fairly loud for quite a bit but you can never hear anything from the 2nd or 3rd levels

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7978 on: September 15, 2017, 12:30:50 pm »
All of this, no singing in the 2nd and 3rd tiers sounds normal to me.

I mean, in the arl days at away's we used to get a separate allocation for terracing and seating.  If you wanted to support the team and sing and that you went for the terracing ticket.  If you just wanted to watch the match with a good view you went in the seats.

I don't see how that has changed.  If you want to stand, support the team and sing you go in first tier.  If you want to watch the match without people standing up blocking your view you go in a different tier.

Maybe the problem is that the lower tier allocation isn't big enough.  Then again in the arl days you'd sometimes have to make do with a seat ticket, when you wanted to be in the terracing.

Sounded OK on the telly, considering the way the match went. 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7979 on: September 15, 2017, 04:11:49 pm »
This "rule of three" bollocks is hilarious to anyone that went to Istanbul.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #7980 on: September 15, 2017, 10:26:05 pm »
This "rule of three" bollocks is hilarious to anyone that went to Istanbul.

1st I heard of it was when I went with a mate to Cardiff -  villa this season with an old mate. Was in villa end and they all piled out when they went 3 down i asked one of them why they were leaving was the three goal rule lol..

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7981 on: September 16, 2017, 01:37:58 pm »
I went to a Scotland international once and when they were three down, they started singing, "We'll support you up to four".

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7982 on: September 19, 2017, 10:17:09 pm »
Really got behind the team when we went behind. Well in.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #7983 on: September 19, 2017, 10:19:36 pm »
Decent atmosphere for a lot of the match but honestly can't believe the fucking exodus at 80 mins. The end put the fucking main stand to shame with their orderly evacuation. The row in the front was silent for most of the match as well. Don't even understand why those fans even bother coming to away games. Waste of fucking tickets.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #7984 on: September 19, 2017, 11:36:49 pm »
Decent for most of the game, BUT.....why the fuck pay your money, travel to the game then leave when the second goal goes in?
Beyond belief how many left early tonight.  :butt

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7985 on: September 20, 2017, 12:06:43 am »
Decent atmosphere for a lot of the match but honestly can't believe the fucking exodus at 80 mins.

Didn't go but was thinking about it.  I'd have got off on 80 minutes no matter the score as last train was something like 9.57. 

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7986 on: September 20, 2017, 12:36:59 am »
Great support after the first goal

Online quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7987 on: September 20, 2017, 12:42:37 am »
Decent tonight, as always on the road in this competition. The number leaving after their 2nd was awful, but as mentioned above transport will have had something to do with it.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7988 on: September 20, 2017, 01:39:24 am »
Must have been a bloody long train if they were all getting it!!  :-X

I don't think it was that at all for most. Unless we are winning, they just give up - bit like the team in the second half, sadly :-\ - but they are not supporters in my book if they is what they do.

Especially as lot of us were late getting their due to the A50 being shut - they must have only been there for an hour!

I had to get to Durham one Sunday, the day we first played at that ground. Left dead on the final whistle, ran most of the way back to the station and made the train by 5 mins. No way was I leaving early! :)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7989 on: September 20, 2017, 10:02:32 am »
Was pretty flat after the goal actually until Leicester essentially offered us out with "You're not singing anymore". Nice of them to run through absolutely every Soccer AM chant imaginable after they'd scored though. Some fans only appear to be any good at gloating/goading opposition supporters. Talk about us not being famous and yet another club like West Ham whose fans are absolutely obsessed with us.

We'd have been even better second half had a goal gone in or something. All in all a forgettable night, especially after it took 3 hours 30 minutes to get there when it should have taken an hour and 20.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #7990 on: September 20, 2017, 10:39:04 am »
We'd have been even better second half had a goal gone in or something.

Isn't that the problem? It's easy to support a winning side.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #7991 on: September 20, 2017, 10:53:26 am »
So, if these people were getting off to get the train, why even bother going to a game that might well have gone to extra time?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7992 on: September 20, 2017, 11:28:14 am »
Who left the minibus in a layby?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline MiraclesArePossible

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7993 on: September 20, 2017, 11:59:29 am »
Was decent I thought, best away I've done since Boro.

That said, horrible the number of people leaving with 10 mins to go, some of them whilst singing 'ynwa'...the fucking irony.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7994 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »
So, if these people were getting off to get the train, why even bother going to a game that might well have gone to extra time?

Nobody said they all got the train.

It was just me (one person who didn't go), saying I'd have left at 80 minutes to avoid the risk of having to spend the night in Leicester.

Some don't like it when everyone gets off, I understand why, what I don't understand though is people being shocked about it. 

When have we ever been good at staying until the end?  At Istanbul I heard loads of grumblings about, "if we've not scored by 70 minutes, etc, etc."

Even when our team really did deserve applause (which they didn't last night), people have got off.  The thing that shocked me the most was Arsenal 89 after the second went in.  The vast majority stayed behind but still a fare few got off (including two of my mates) even though our players had spent the last few weeks visiting various hospitals.  After that, nothing shocks me.

Some need to catch trains, some can't bear watching us get beat, some are just miserable bastards who'd rather spend the last ten minutes sitting on a coach.

It's not good, but it's no different to 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years ago (can't vouch for what it was like before that but as the Kop already had a piss taking song for the Kemlyn and Main Stand I'd hedge my bets that it's been going on for far longer).

There's far more worrying aspects of our support than people getting off when we're losing.  Such as the people who can't even be arsed being there when we're winning.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7995 on: September 20, 2017, 02:24:40 pm »
Was pretty flat after the goal actually until Leicester essentially offered us out with "You're not singing anymore". Nice of them to run through absolutely every Soccer AM chant imaginable after they'd scored though. Some fans only appear to be any good at gloating/goading opposition supporters. Talk about us not being famous and yet another club like West Ham whose fans are absolutely obsessed with us.

Less than a minute into the game you could hear a Gerrard song from them.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7996 on: September 20, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
Isn't that the problem? It's easy to support a winning side.
But we were still good at 1-0 down though and giving it our all? Plus if a goal had gone in we still wouldn't have been winning or whatever, but we would have been given a reason to ratchet it up.

Sometimes it's decent if the players give the crowd something to sing about as there was little of that last night.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7997 on: September 20, 2017, 03:58:01 pm »
Less than a minute into the game you could hear a Gerrard song from them.

And our quick witted response that put them in their place, to make them look like the dick heads that they are was ??????????

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7998 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »
And our quick witted response that put them in their place, to make them look like the dick heads that they are was ??????????
It was typical stuff.

They sang about the league title and Liverpool and Gerrard for a good while
We sang 'In Istanbul, we won it five times'
They sang 'Like Forest, you live in the past' which was probably the only good retort of the night considering it used the same song.

They sang 'You're not famous anymore'
We sang 'Who the fucking hell are you?"

Got a bit tedious after a while and the rest of our stuff was focused on our own lads. They've literally got a song book 10 deep all with songs about us while in the next breath claiming we aren't relevant anymore, not sure many people could be arsed with a witty riposte to absolutely every single last one. I find it quite sad really that some fans spend most of their time focused on the opposition fans, it's weird.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7999 on: September 20, 2017, 04:44:30 pm »
I went on 90 minutes last night. Still a bit raw from staying behind at City 11 days ago when all but 5 players  went straight down the tunnel. Our end really got behind the team when they got the opener last night. I don't think you can point the finger at our support last night.