Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520508 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5840 on: September 15, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »
Man united have a 75k capacity which means anyone who wants a season ticket, or a general ticket can get one.

Liverpool are stuck on an eternal 45/54k 'sweetspot' which means we have a waiting list that may never re-open and tickets are incredibly hard to come by.

This harbors resentment between locals and 'new breed' supporters.

Tickets are not incredibly hard to come by, expensive yes, but if you really want a ticket for a home game you will get one
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5841 on: September 15, 2015, 02:21:48 pm »
Tickets are not incredibly hard to come by, expensive yes, but if you really want a ticket for a home game you will get one
The point is that when demand far outstrips supply people will, rightly or wrongly, feel aggrieved and look for people to blame.

The OOT v Local debate is only a problem because of the small time approach to a stadium we have. If locals didn't feel they were being pushed aside for the money day trippers bring there wouldn't be any resentment.

cyas

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5842 on: September 15, 2015, 02:23:24 pm »
Not when we are doing well. Chelsea, Newcastle etc from 2013/14 were like rocking horse shit.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #5843 on: September 15, 2015, 02:27:57 pm »
Could it be more people are getting annoyed with what's happening on the pitch instead of getting drunk and singing aloud regardless?

Not being funny, the away games I went too when we nearly won the league the atmosphere was amazing, someone mentioned the Norwich game. I'd nearly lost my voice and we hadn't even made it out of the pub.

I bet if next weeks fixture was away it wouldn't be anywhere near that
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: September 15, 2015, 02:46:05 pm »
Not when we are doing well. Chelsea, Newcastle etc from 2013/14 were like rocking horse shit.

Well i've not really got any sympathy for the big game charlies who just want to show up when it's going well, local or not
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: September 15, 2015, 03:35:40 pm »
A lot of locals dislike oots because historicaly Liverpools support has always been unique in attitude, dress sense etc Different from everyone else! A lot of oots turn up to the match looking like theyve been dragged through river island or burtons kicking and screaming! Its not what Liverpool and its support is about at all! Its easy to see why locals dislike some oots!

I know you probably mean well. But unfortunately for you that is not how it works.
An exclusively scouse fan base that uniformly eats and dresses like you was only possible if Liverpool were never successful.
If a club is good enough to be recognized worldwide, it is pretty obvious it is going to attract fans from all over the world.
You say it is easy to see why locals dislike OOTs - because they are well different. Wouldn't it be easier to accept the fact that people from different backgrounds/nationality/dressing sense etc. can all love the club, just like you?

Offline flatiron

• Miserable, grumpy, arl arse get who hates everything. But it's okay, he's a REALIST! Just don't wave the Guardian or a refugee banner near him.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5846 on: September 15, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »
A lot of locals dislike oots because historicaly Liverpools support has always been unique in attitude, dress sense etc Different from everyone else! A lot of oots turn up to the match looking like theyve been dragged through river island or burtons kicking and screaming! Its not what Liverpool and its support is about at all! Its easy to see why locals dislike some oots!

have you been around Liverpool lately? what you say was true in the 70's and 80's...but nowadays?....come off it!

what trend are scousers now introducing exactly? last thing I can think of was seeing north face at lfc games before anyone else was wearing it. by the way north face is shite.
 the casual scene is over as almost everyone knows about it whether they are football fans or not.

scousers,liverpool fans in particular have nothing new to offer. I aint been impressed with scouse fashion since mid to late 80's when we were different from everyone else.

best laugh I ever had was walking into a pub in Aberdeen before our pre season friendly there a few years ago. imagine a group of 20 or so scruffy tramps sat around tables. one lad in particular, the scruffiest,ugliest lad you could ever see. and he begins singing the woolly song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we turned around and fucked off because we were embarrassed rather than insulted. next pub we bumped into a mob of aberdeens "soccer casuals" who made us more than welcome in their pub. maybe it was the 5 star jumpers we had on ha ha

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: September 15, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »
Ket wigs mate
cyas

Offline flatiron

• Miserable, grumpy, arl arse get who hates everything. But it's okay, he's a REALIST! Just don't wave the Guardian or a refugee banner near him.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5848 on: September 15, 2015, 06:31:21 pm »
It pains me to say it but our fans only show up for about 4 away games a season now. It just randomly happens as well, never the same ground or circumstances. Even going for the title a couple of years ago we were shite in a lot of the games during the final run in.

true. some league cup games have been best in recent years, especially leeds away and millwall away. can't think of a single league away that I get excited about now, atmosphere is shit everywhere.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #5849 on: September 15, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »
have you been around Liverpool lately? what you say was true in the 70's and 80's...but nowadays?....come off it!

what trend are scousers now introducing exactly? last thing I can think of was seeing north face at lfc games before anyone else was wearing it. by the way north face is shite.
 the casual scene is over as almost everyone knows about it whether they are football fans or not.

scousers,liverpool fans in particular have nothing new to offer. I aint been impressed with scouse fashion since mid to late 80's when we were different from everyone else.

best laugh I ever had was walking into a pub in Aberdeen before our pre season friendly there a few years ago. imagine a group of 20 or so scruffy tramps sat around tables. one lad in particular, the scruffiest,ugliest lad you could ever see. and he begins singing the woolly song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we turned around and fucked off because we were embarrassed rather than insulted. next pub we bumped into a mob of aberdeens "soccer casuals" who made us more than welcome in their pub. maybe it was the 5 star jumpers we had on ha ha
Disagree massivley, you could spot a group of scousers a mile off!  If you disagree you just dont get it!
Anyway, going way off subject now!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:37:53 pm by Sooty89 »

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5850 on: September 15, 2015, 06:36:16 pm »
yes you can spot a group of scousers, but not for reasons that are flattering in any way, shape or form . we led the way in casual culture because we were in Europe more than any other british team and we copied the fashions we saw. we brought back designer gear and wore it at football.
then when others caught on,we went for other looks.

but those days have long gone. you can buy almost everything going in any major city.

walk round Manchester, leeds, sheffield and Newcastle and you see pretty same as in Liverpool.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #5851 on: September 15, 2015, 06:39:19 pm »
yes you can spot a group of scousers, but not for reasons that are flattering in any way, shape or form . we led the way in casual culture because we were in Europe more than any other british team and we copied the fashions we saw. we brought back designer gear and wore it at football.
then when others caught on,we went for other looks.

but those days have long gone. you can buy almost everything going in any major city.

walk round Manchester, leeds, sheffield and Newcastle and you see pretty same as in Liverpool.
"not for reasons that are flattering in any way"
Expand???

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5852 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »
Expand???
why didn,t you expand on your views on out of town fans dress sense? you were hardly flattering were you? let's just say the scouse scally look wouldn't get you in a wine bar would it? unless you tried the blobshop

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5853 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:35 pm »
Expand???

Professional wum mate

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5854 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:45 pm »
Professional wum mate

not at all. he started the fashion debate.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #5855 on: September 15, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »
why didn,t you expand on your views on out of town fans dress sense? you were hardly flattering were you? let's just say the scouse scally look wouldn't get you in a wine bar would it? unless you tried the blobshop
Whos arsed about wine bars when your going the match? You sound like proper tory!!

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5856 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05:52 pm »
Whos arsed about wine bars when your going the match? You sound like proper tory!!
you started the fashion debate. scousers do not lead the uk in fashion trends anymore. as for who's better dressed ..that depends what your football day involves. me personally ...I am out all day. I go to aways with the intention of going out all day. so I wear clothes that will get me into pubs during the day and pubs during the night. hence no trainees,trackies,colours,badges or jester hat

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: September 15, 2015, 07:29:27 pm »

Who gives a fuck? Like I wanna go the match dressed like some meff cockney in multicoloured chinos/skinny jeans and a pair of boat shoes

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5858 on: September 15, 2015, 07:54:41 pm »
Who gives a fuck? Like I wanna go the match dressed like some meff cockney in multicoloured chinos/skinny jeans and a pair of boat shoes
don't think cockneys dress like that. like I said,there is no fashion now. it's bland just like the music industry. all I said was scousers don't lead the rest of the uk in fashion.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #5859 on: September 15, 2015, 08:12:55 pm »
don't think cockneys dress like that. like I said,there is no fashion now. it's bland just like the music industry. all I said was scousers don't lead the rest of the uk in fashion.
How do you know? Also you said in a previous post "the scouse scally look" in relation to me saying to could spot a group of scousers a mile off! Well there obviously is a fashion if you like it or not!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #5860 on: September 15, 2015, 08:14:46 pm »
true. some league cup games have been best in recent years, especially leeds away and millwall away. can't think of a single league away that I get excited about now, atmosphere is shit everywhere.
That was a cracking away that.

ps Nothing wrong with the Blob mate, got attacked in there years ago the day we got beat at home to the mancs and the OSG attacked the whole of town. Cracking day!

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5861 on: September 15, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »
How do you know? Also you said in a previous post "the scouse scally look" in relation to me saying to could spot a group of scousers a mile off! Well there obviously is a fashion if you like it or not!

you mean the sports direct look then? commonly seen in every council estate all over the uk

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #5862 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »
Why anyone gives a shit about what another fan is wearing when they are at the game, god only knows! You all sound like a bunch of whoppers to me, judging people and criticizing eachother when nobody should give a shit unless its seething obscene like wearing a jester hat, foam hand or holding a blow up banana! Just get behind the team and everyone can go home knowing they've had a good time.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5863 on: September 15, 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
Yes mum
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5864 on: September 15, 2015, 08:47:46 pm »
Why anyone gives a shit about what another fan is wearing when they are at the game, god only knows! You all sound like a bunch of whoppers to me, judging people and criticizing eachother when nobody should give a shit unless its seething obscene like wearing a jester hat, foam hand or holding a blow up banana! Just get behind the team and everyone can go home knowing they've had a good time.

great post ha ha love it

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5865 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »
That was a cracking away that.

ps Nothing wrong with the Blob mate, got attacked in there years ago the day we got beat at home to the mancs and the OSG attacked the whole of town. Cracking day!
yes I was in there. and millwall was good because all the usual numbnuts stayed away.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5866 on: September 15, 2015, 08:57:24 pm »
I'm going to stick my neck on the line and give a sage nod of appreciation to flatiron who's currently going balls out (although wrongly in most circumstances imo) in a few threads at the same time and generally not giving a fuck back to the haters. You go girlfriend. Great entertainment.

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #5867 on: September 15, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »
I'm going to stick my neck on the line and give a sage nod of appreciation to flatiron who's currently going balls out (although wrongly in most circumstances imo) in a few threads at the same time and generally not giving a fuck back to the haters. You go girlfriend. Great entertainment.
I better calm down, might get banned. some on here have no sense of humour.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #5868 on: September 15, 2015, 11:33:20 pm »
Did you forget your password flatiron?

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: September 15, 2015, 11:52:04 pm »
Could it be more people are getting annoyed with what's happening on the pitch instead of getting drunk and singing aloud regardless?

Not being funny, the away games I went too when we nearly won the league the atmosphere was amazing, someone mentioned the Norwich game. I'd nearly lost my voice and we hadn't even made it out of the pub.

I bet if next weeks fixture was away it wouldn't be anywhere near that

Yep performance has everything to do with it, any win is followed by post after post commenting on a boss atmosphere whereas any loss and everything is dross

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #5870 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:13 am »
Norwich away was amazing. A ten hour round trip setting off at 4am and buzzing all the way back after killing my voice. Poetry in motion solid for over 10 minutes at the end of the game had their stewards looking puzzled and probably hoping we would bugger off home. My only regret was not meeting Lorik lol
Ahhhhh Norwich away, was right up there as a highlight of the season for me. Up at 5am on Easter Sunday, the self imposed lock in and then coming out into the bright sunshine and then piling into the pub with hours to go until the train, bladdered. Top, top day.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: September 16, 2015, 11:48:09 pm »
:lmao

Ahhh, not so Norwich away.  Getting off the train at Norwich on the Saturday to be greeted with the news Borini had scored for Sunderland and sunk Chelsea. What a fucking night that was, The DJ in the Prince of Wales playing Just Cant get enough and YNWA.  Never been so pissed. That was the day i really thought the title was ours.

On the Sunday virtually the whole end stayed in the ground long after final whistle. To a man EVERYONE in our end sung their hearts out that day.

I'm afraid the atmosphere generated by our fans, home or away, is dictated by whats happening on the pitch.  Not saying that's how it should be, just saying.

Norwich was great but in parts again it went stale. Maybe I'm being naive but going for the title for the first time in over 20 years we should be bouncing throughout in every game of the run in, the 20 minutes after the final whistle were by far the best at Norwich. I was more talking about Cardiff and West Ham which I thought were poor.

I don't fully agree about it being dictated by what's going on in the pitch. I've been to defeats with better atmospheres than wins etc. I don't think it's as simple as that.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: September 17, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »
yes I was in there. and millwall was good because all the usual numbnuts stayed away.

I was at Millwall and there wasn't a jester hat or replica shirt in sight. It was fucking mad considering it was the 2000's and football had become a media darling.

That place has a certain foreboding when you approach it and its even worse when you are inside and leaving the place. Their fans take you back in time to the good/bad old days.  These are not your skinny jeans, boating shoes cockneys you see at most games.  Sheepskin jackets, flat caps etc. Its all very fucking weird at Millwall.

Ive posted this a few times over the years on here, but that night there were a very large number of Scousers in the New Den that i had never seen at a game before and have never seen since, really menacing looking big fuckers too .  Remember them all piling in not long after kick off and headed straight over to the part of our end near their nutter fans. Seats getting ripped out and thrown, the lot.

And if you think the Mancs chant the vilest stuff about LFC then you've never been to Millwall.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #5873 on: September 17, 2015, 05:27:54 pm »
I was at Millwall and there wasn't a jester hat or replica shirt in sight. It was fucking mad considering it was the 2000's and football had become a media darling.

That place has a certain foreboding when you approach it and its even worse when you are inside and leaving the place. Their fans take you back in time to the good/bad old days.  These are not your skinny jeans, boating shoes cockneys you see at most games.  Sheepskin jackets, flat caps etc. Its all very fucking weird at Millwall.

Ive posted this a few times over the years on here, but that night there were a very large number of Scousers in the New Den that i had never seen at a game before and have never seen since, really menacing looking big fuckers too .  Remember them all piling in not long after kick off and headed straight over to the part of our end near their nutter fans. Seats getting ripped out and thrown, the lot.

And if you think the Mancs chant the vilest stuff about LFC then you've never been to Millwall.
That was the match where one of our disabled supporters in a wheelchair got knocked over in the general charge to get at the Millwall fans after they'd starting singing their vile shite. Millwall's Chairman was on the radio the next morning going on about what animals our fans had been as this disabled fella had been knocked over, completely ignoring the stuff his fans had been taunting us with. Next minute, the Reds supporter in question comes on air to give his side of the story, which was basically that he wasn't in the slightest bit arsed that he was knocked out his chair, and what's more if he could walk he would've been at the front of the mob trying to get at those horrible Millwall animals! Priceless  :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:29:31 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: September 17, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »

Halfway up yer back ?

Anyways, reading the stories of the modern away supporter and his travels is a bit like reading "watch with mother" the whole game seems sanitised.

The atmosphere at away's used to be heated to say the least, from reading posts in here even that has gone....shame really...the hatred towards us brought the away fanbase together many, many times.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #5875 on: September 17, 2015, 10:11:20 pm »
Argh Norwich away. What a boss day that was. I couldnt stand up on the train home after all the ale

Allez Allez Allez

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #5876 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:53 pm »
Loads of empty seats in the away end tonight!

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: September 17, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »
 Some serious credit hunting going on. Fair play to those who actually travelled and made an effort.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5878 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:32 am »
very late notice ticket info so was always going to be low.

The ground was half empty.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #5879 on: September 18, 2015, 09:48:52 am »

Yeah that was a strange night mate. I remember thinking the exact same thing. Where have all these faces come from? It was full of older Scousers who I hadn't seen before. I think the Milwall thing brought a lot of old timers out of the woodwork for that game.

There was a load of older lads from Huyton who used to run riot back in the day, with a lad called  Boxhead being on the front page of the Echo the following day!

And that prick of a Chairman and all connected to Milwall actually, blatently denying there was no provocation from their fans and there was no reference to Hillsborough at all  ::)