Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1924379 times)

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19520 on: May 6, 2022, 02:57:52 pm »
Funny though, you never see these great players diminish any of their peers achievements. They're all driven to do better and improve, not mouth off about how good they could be with decent players.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #19521 on: May 6, 2022, 03:01:01 pm »
Reads to me like it has been lost in translation.

He's still got an over-inflated opinion of himself. Comparing himself to Mane is a joke, he's no better than Adama Traore.
Hopefully he can channel the threat Adama used to present to city. He is basically the same player
YNWA

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19522 on: May 6, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »
Conor Wickham is shite

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19523 on: May 6, 2022, 05:35:32 pm »
Saint Maximin back tracking furiously I see after his interview to a French sports publication.

He was quoted as saying '' Those who have played with me know very well that in terms of pure quality I have nothing to envy to Sadio Mane, or to all those great players who play in top clubs. The day I have a player capable of finishing, I will make seasons with 10-15 assists and I will change dimensions in people's heads''

Perhaps he should think about changing the dimensions of his own head.

Anyhow, it's all been taken out of context or lost in translation or whatever, and Eddie Howe has assured his squad that the comments didn't come out the way Allan intended.

Just what we need before they play City.

To be fair to him, all Newcastle strikers are terrible. Not that he would pass the ball to them, even if they were any good ...

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #19524 on: May 6, 2022, 06:13:31 pm »
Saint Maximin back tracking furiously I see after his interview to a French sports publication.

He was quoted as saying '' Those who have played with me know very well that in terms of pure quality I have nothing to envy to Sadio Mane, or to all those great players who play in top clubs. The day I have a player capable of finishing, I will make seasons with 10-15 assists and I will change dimensions in people's heads''

Perhaps he should think about changing the dimensions of his own head.

I love the idea that he's appealing to the opinion of his teammates ("They'll all tell you how brilliant I am...") in order to denigrate his teammates ("...and if only they were any good themselves I would be the Assist-King")
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19525 on: May 10, 2022, 09:06:06 pm »
I’ve just seen that tourism advertisement on Sky for Saudi Arabia. No idea why it surprised me, apart from the fact it’s right up there with Russia & North Korea for the last place I’d want to visit.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19526 on: May 10, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19527 on: May 10, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »
I’ve just seen that tourism advertisement on Sky for Saudi Arabia. No idea why it surprised me, apart from the fact it’s right up there with Russia & North Korea for the last place I’d want to visit.
Do you think the Newcastle United LGBT+ will be taking their summer holiday there?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19528 on: May 12, 2022, 06:00:33 am »
I just want to say, massive respect to Eddie Howe for getting Newcastle so far up, after starting from a position where they hadn't won their first 14 odd games. I thought Newcastle were done for.
Of course the 90 odd million spent in January helps, but Howe looks to be the best British manager there. If he keeps doing well at Newcastle and gets them top 4 in the next couple of years,then I think we should at least consider him a candidate to replace Klopp when Klopp decides to quit.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19529 on: May 12, 2022, 06:20:29 am »
I just want to say, massive respect to Eddie Howe for getting Newcastle so far up, after starting from a position where they hadn't won their first 14 odd games. I thought Newcastle were done for.
Of course the 90 odd million spent in January helps, but Howe looks to be the best British manager there. If he keeps doing well at Newcastle and gets them top 4 in the next couple of years,then I think we should at least consider him a candidate to replace Klopp when Klopp decides to quit.

;D

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #19530 on: May 12, 2022, 08:16:23 am »

:o
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #19531 on: May 12, 2022, 08:19:26 am »

???

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19532 on: May 12, 2022, 08:23:35 am »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19533 on: May 12, 2022, 08:35:31 am »

Must be a wind up this.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19534 on: May 12, 2022, 09:21:56 am »
Must be a wind up this.

And not even a good one!

Carra-ton needs better material.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19535 on: May 12, 2022, 09:33:29 am »

I dont think Howe has the potential to be an elite coach in world football ala Klopp, etc. But I agree he is probably the best british manager

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19536 on: May 12, 2022, 09:42:48 am »
Looking for the hidden woosh text but can't see it  :o

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19537 on: May 12, 2022, 10:07:52 am »
Must be a wind up this.

Gt a bite

I dont think Howe has the potential to be an elite coach in world football ala Klopp, etc. But I agree he is probably the best british manager
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19538 on: May 12, 2022, 10:38:17 am »
Gt a bite

Haha ;D I fell into the whoosh trap.
But whoosed or not the statement is still correct 😅 Who is better? Rodgers? Dyche? Lampard? Southgate? Gerrard?

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19539 on: May 12, 2022, 10:38:45 am »
Haha ;D I fell into the whoosh trap.
But whoosed or not the statement is still correct 😅 Who is better? Rodgers? Dyche? Lampard? Southgate? Gerrard?

Potter, comfortably.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19540 on: May 12, 2022, 10:48:34 am »
Potter, comfortably.

I forgot about him, he is probably better than Howe

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #19541 on: May 12, 2022, 10:48:43 am »
Potter, comfortably.

Yeah, he’s a wizard
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19542 on: May 12, 2022, 10:53:34 am »
*Searches for fishing gif*  😃
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19543 on: May 12, 2022, 11:07:27 am »
I don't think Howe is as good as Owen Coyle. We missed a trick not getting him in.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #19544 on: May 12, 2022, 11:22:20 am »
Telegraph saying these want DCL in the summer lol. Love an immobile centre forward lately don't they.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19545 on: May 12, 2022, 11:26:05 am »
Telegraph saying these want DCL in the summer lol. Love an immobile centre forward lately don't they.

They already have Wood and looking to add a tree.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19546 on: May 12, 2022, 11:59:29 am »
Bloody hell, they are moving into the fashion industry now as well.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19547 on: May 12, 2022, 12:09:09 pm »

He'll cut a fine figure down the Bigg Market on a Friday night.

And of course Geordies are renowned for their liberal, broad-minded outlook.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19548 on: May 12, 2022, 12:15:22 pm »

Bring Carroll home !!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19549 on: May 12, 2022, 12:31:52 pm »
Eddie Howe can fuck off the selective-morals prick.

Every time I see him his head has got bigger and his facial features smaller. Soon enough he’ll have the head of Steve Bruce with a set of shrimp eyes you could blindfold with a shoelace. Creepy prick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #19550 on: May 12, 2022, 01:33:49 pm »

Might as well put in a bid for Ciro...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19551 on: May 12, 2022, 01:52:08 pm »

It was the sparkly bra wot persuaded them.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19552 on: May 12, 2022, 02:39:03 pm »

Bloody hell I hope not. Knowing them they'd be dumb enough to pay Everton about £100m for the tosser. They might just cling on with that kind of money.  :-[
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #19553 on: May 12, 2022, 03:12:06 pm »
Yeah, he’s a wizard

But was a Muggle

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19554 on: May 12, 2022, 03:20:16 pm »
But was a Muggle

imagine if he was a juggalo?

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #19555 on: May 12, 2022, 04:53:03 pm »
Eddie Howe can fuck off the selective-morals prick.

Every time I see him his head has got bigger and his facial features smaller. Soon enough he’ll have the head of Steve Bruce with a set of shrimp eyes you could blindfold with a shoelace. Creepy prick.

Greg Norman's been taking a leaf out of Howe's book. Saw an interview with him on Sky yesterday about the Saudi breakaway golf tour. If anyone hasn't seen it there was a section that roughly went like this (paraphrased):

Norman: The Saudi's are changing their culture internally.
Reporter: That's just sportswahing isn't it?
Norman: No. Repeats above statement.
Reporter: What about the recent state approved killings?
Norman: I'm not getting involved in politics.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19556 on: May 12, 2022, 06:49:38 pm »
Greg Norman's been taking a leaf out of Howe's book. Saw an interview with him on Sky yesterday about the Saudi breakaway golf tour. If anyone hasn't seen it there was a section that roughly went like this (paraphrased):

Norman: The Saudi's are changing their culture internally.
Reporter: That's just sportswahing isn't it?
Norman: No. Repeats above statement.
Reporter: What about the recent state approved killings?
Norman: I'm not getting involved in politics.
Yes, I saw him stating that Saudi Gov wanted to ‘move on’ from the Khashoggi murder and that ‘everyone makes mistakes.’ Never really knew much about Norman as he was done with top level golf before I ever took an interest, but he’s confirmed he’s a c*nt now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19557 on: May 12, 2022, 08:55:18 pm »
Yeah, he’s a wizard
Went the whole Hog on that one......Warts and all.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19558 on: May 12, 2022, 10:59:21 pm »
Newcastles’ Saudi colours away shirt for next season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19559 on: May 12, 2022, 11:00:51 pm »
Fuckin' Hell! That's no surprise. Their 3rd kit will be all green too I bet.