Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1924265 times)

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19400 on: March 15, 2022, 08:10:06 pm »
 ;D

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19401 on: March 16, 2022, 12:22:53 am »
There's definitely a changing tide amongst mainstream football journalism, it needs to be maintained. Journalists have real power to ensure these issues remain in the forefront of the average football fan's mind. Even Neville's speaking a lot of sense about the state of the game at a wider scale than just Abramovic. The fact that the government have deemed Russian money unwelcome naturally leads to questions about Saudi Arabian and Emirati money. Neville mentioned the potential for a ruling that determines state ownership isn't allowed - that seems like something that is implementable and would actually make a huge difference. An independent body being brought in to monitor the sport would surely see that as an objectively sensible move. There's often been a sense of helpless resignation and talk that the horse has already bolted - but that doesn't necessarily need to be the case, some restrictions can occur retrospectively.

Anyway, this type of discussion and continued pressure needs to continue whilst momentum is building. Even if that means Eddie "nice guy" Howe has some uncomfortable press conferences. In fact, especially if that means Eddie "nice guy" Howe has some uncomfortable press conferences.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19402 on: March 16, 2022, 11:25:30 am »
Eddie Howe continued on in response to the ownership question to say that he will endeavour to learn more about the issues.

"Obviously part of my job now in the modern football management scene is to know what's going on around the world, and I will have to do that.

"But football will have to be and will always be my passion and it will always be the main crux of my job, and I think that's where my time needs to be spent."

So basically "I plead ignorance your honour."

Absolutely pathetic and cowardly as you can get. What a guy.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19403 on: March 16, 2022, 11:38:38 am »
Eddie Howe continued on in response to the ownership question to say that he will endeavour to learn more about the issues.

"Obviously part of my job now in the modern football management scene is to know what's going on around the world, and I will have to do that.

"But football will have to be and will always be my passion and it will always be the main crux of my job, and I think that's where my time needs to be spent."

So basically "I plead ignorance your honour."

Absolutely pathetic and cowardly as you can get. What a guy.

Safe to say Howe didn’t expect any of this, maybe he saw what an easy ride Guardiola got/gets from the English media, or maybe he is so dense and thoughtless and ignorant that he didn’t see anything wrong with working for Saudi Arabia.

They need to keep at it, the press better not take a step back now thinking they’ve done their bit. And they need to start showing some guts and go after Mr Untouchable himself, Pep Guardiola.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19404 on: March 16, 2022, 12:14:15 pm »
Safe to say Howe didn’t expect any of this, maybe he saw what an easy ride Guardiola got/gets from the English media, or maybe he is so dense and thoughtless and ignorant that he didn’t see anything wrong with working for Saudi Arabia.

They need to keep at it, the press better not take a step back now thinking they’ve done their bit. And they need to start showing some guts and go after Mr Untouchable himself, Pep Guardiola.
It needs to happen in every single press conference. For the first time it seems the tide is starting to turn against these horrendous owners. Abramovich is almost gone, it’s looking like Chelsea will be taken over by some kind of consortium, which means they will be run as a business and not have unlimited dirty money.
More pressure needs to follow for the sovereign state owned clubs.

Btw, Eddie Howe is a complete and utter shithouse.
I’m no fan of Tuchel but Atleast he has commented to a certain extent and answered questions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 12:15:53 pm by JRed »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19405 on: March 16, 2022, 12:15:17 pm »
Some of these journalists need to be careful - if they like their limbs! They might try to lure Tariq to an embassy soon enough!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19406 on: March 16, 2022, 12:32:26 pm »
Some of these journalists need to be careful - if they like their limbs! They might try to lure Tariq to an embassy soon enough!

Aye, Tariq Panja might have made his way on to MBS's list by now (the one that he maintains Khashoggi wasn't on)

As Tariq tweeted this morning about Howe;

He took the job in the full knowledge of who his owners were. He wasn't grandfathered in. It's precisely thanks to who those people are that he finds himself as the figurehead of their project.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19407 on: March 16, 2022, 12:41:39 pm »
Tariq's journalism over Saudi buying Newcastle, City's ownership and FFP workarounds, PSG, Chelsea, and the Qatar world cup is all great and no doubt has made him an enemy to Sportwashers.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19408 on: March 16, 2022, 12:43:13 pm »
On the BBC

Howe was criticised for not commenting on Saudi Arabia executing 81 men in one day following Sunday's loss to Chelsea.

Imagine if they had lost to Burnley
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19409 on: March 16, 2022, 12:50:28 pm »
I take that as the government passing the buck because they need the Saudis to up oil production. There may be an undercurrent of encouraging the PL to do something about strengthening the fit and proper persons test and also about tightening FFP so that sponsorships connected to owners are limited. This would save the government from having to engage with the issues currently spotlighted and causing them such grief.

I thought the government had those assurances already -

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/uk-blocks-details-of-newcastle-united-takeover-assurances-to-protect-saudi-relations-292966
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58840820

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19410 on: March 16, 2022, 02:14:40 pm »
Adam Crafton (@AdamCrafton_)

Eddie Howe says he will stick to football but that has not always been in his position. When at Bournemouth, he did a cover interview with the LGBT magazine Winq and got lots of good publicity for saying pretty groundbreaking things at the time.

Don't tell your bosses, Eddie!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19411 on: March 16, 2022, 02:17:54 pm »
Front page of The Mirror was great today, picture of MBS and "Boris does another deal with The Devil" type headline.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19412 on: March 16, 2022, 02:21:51 pm »
Newcastle could go buying all the United dead wood.
Believer

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19413 on: March 16, 2022, 02:41:24 pm »

They'd be stupid to do so imo,even the best wood at United is not any good and they just bought a Wood.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 02:43:37 pm by Tobelius »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19414 on: March 16, 2022, 03:03:11 pm »
Aye, Tariq Panja might have made his way on to MBS's list by now (the one that he maintains Khashoggi wasn't on)

As Tariq tweeted this morning about Howe;

He took the job in the full knowledge of who his owners were. He wasn't grandfathered in. It's precisely thanks to who those people are that he finds himself as the figurehead of their project.

I see the Man City fans on the comments on that tweet are out in force with their pre-planned whataboutery as they always are - asking why Tariq Panja’s doesn’t ask Jürgen Klopp about Standard Chartered.  ::)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #19415 on: March 16, 2022, 03:10:07 pm »
I see the Man City fans on the comments on that tweet are out in force with their pre-planned whataboutery as they always are - asking why Tariq Panja’s doesn’t ask Jürgen Klopp about Standard Chartered.  ::)

Tariq should answer back to the City fans with a whataboutery question on City's former owner Thaksin Shinawatra ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19416 on: March 16, 2022, 03:58:20 pm »
Who have Standard Chartered murdered this week?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19417 on: March 16, 2022, 04:12:22 pm »
Who have Standard Chartered murdered this week?

Not sure.

It also came as news to me that they owned Liverpool and paid Kloppo’s salary. Interesting what you learn isn’t it!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19418 on: March 16, 2022, 04:15:47 pm »
Not sure.

It also came as news to me that they owned Liverpool and paid Kloppo’s salary. Interesting what you learn isn’t it!
It certainly is. Maybe I should keep more abreast of the news.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #19419 on: March 16, 2022, 04:53:21 pm »

Them and the Saudi Sportwashing fans are incredible. They care not one shit about the victims of these tyrannical dictatorships, and instead weave this totally false narrative that they're the big victims of bullying by other fans.

They have absolutely no self-awareness
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19420 on: March 16, 2022, 07:27:24 pm »
Not sure.

I didn’t know that. I also didn’t realise they ruled their own sovereign state.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #19421 on: March 16, 2022, 08:02:59 pm »
These are getting battered along with Chelsea. Good

Is there a reason Man City owners are being completely left out of the discussion across punditry and mainstream media ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19422 on: March 16, 2022, 08:04:23 pm »

Is there a reason Man City owners are being completely left out of the discussion across punditry and mainstream media ?
Lawyers?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #19423 on: March 16, 2022, 08:06:39 pm »
Lawyers?

Yep. Better ones

I’m sure Newcastle will be on that case Amd you’ll hear fuck all soon

Government have just got in bed with them aswell
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19424 on: March 16, 2022, 08:18:07 pm »

Trying to replicate the success of the Gabriel Obertan era?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19425 on: March 17, 2022, 06:59:34 pm »
Anyone know what the outcome was/is/is going to be on the associated commercial sponsorship deals thing? As far as I can see, associated commercial sponsorships are ok (even though the league voted against it) but the premier league will scrutinise each deal to see if it’s fair market value or inflated. City and Newcastle I believe have contested it because they believe you can’t determine fair market value because people will pay what ever they want to pay. Is this a rule as of now or is it being drawn out and City and Newcastle can get above market value deals until it’s sorted?.

I mean the whole thing stinks, two clubs fighting for the right for sponsorship deals that they haven’t yet got to be unusually high. Hmmmmm. Wankers.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19426 on: March 17, 2022, 07:29:23 pm »

Newcastle takeover showed how hypocrite everyone is especially the media, football fans too. UAE is involved in Yemen as much as Saudis but only now everyone suddenly cares about the Yemeni people. Only now they care about sponsorship cheating and tried to force a new rule, where were they the last 11 years? everything that is being said about Newcastle applies to City. Hypocrites.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19427 on: March 17, 2022, 09:56:28 pm »
Eddie Howe, another tactically inept manager who will be lucky to survive another season.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19428 on: March 17, 2022, 10:17:40 pm »
Eddie Howe, another tactically inept manager who will be lucky to survive another season.

If they stay up he’ll get a massive pay-off and be pushed out for a ‘big name’ manager. I don’t see the owners giving him the money to recruit big names and not many would want to work with him when he’s a virtual unknown out of the UK.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19429 on: March 17, 2022, 10:19:34 pm »
Only time i wanted them to win since they got bought by that torturing beheading sadistic human rights abusive regime.

Useless fucks.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19430 on: March 17, 2022, 10:20:54 pm »
They were shite.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19431 on: March 17, 2022, 10:21:43 pm »
If they stay up he’ll get a massive pay-off and be pushed out for a ‘big name’ manager. I don’t see the owners giving him the money to recruit big names and not many would want to work with him when he’s a virtual unknown out of the UK.

If he was the one responsible for buying Chris Wood for £25million then you wouldn’t give him another penny regardless of how many hundreds of billions of pounds you have in the bank.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #19432 on: March 17, 2022, 10:23:06 pm »
Watch them bust a gut though when we play them at the end of April, just like they did in 2019 …

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19433 on: March 17, 2022, 10:23:53 pm »
Watch them bust a gut though when we play them at the end of April, just like they did in 2019 …

They can bust it all the want they still won’t be able to string two passes together.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19434 on: March 17, 2022, 10:43:23 pm »

I can see him staying there for a few years atleast. I rate him, however his transfers at Bournemouth were really iffy. If they can move on the deadwood, and bring in quality players like Trippier and Guimarães, they will be a solid midtable Premier league side. They need a striker, Wood is crap. I thought it was a shrewd signing at the time, but he's been stinking the gaff out.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19435 on: March 18, 2022, 09:06:33 am »
I can see him staying there for a few years atleast. I rate him, however his transfers at Bournemouth were really iffy. If they can move on the deadwood, and bring in quality players like Trippier and Guimarães, they will be a solid midtable Premier league side. They need a striker, Wood is crap. I thought it was a shrewd signing at the time, but he's been stinking the gaff out.

What makes you rate Eddie Howe then?

By the way that Saint Maximus fella is the French Zaha. Shite.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #19436 on: March 18, 2022, 03:29:09 pm »
I hate the blueshite as much as anyone - but, was that really a red card for Allan - even Shearer didn't think it was ? Not that it mattered, like.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19437 on: March 18, 2022, 03:58:32 pm »
I hate the blueshite as much as anyone - but, was that really a red card for Allan - even Shearer didn't think it was ? Not that it mattered, like.
My first impression was that it was a yellow but the more you looked at the replays you could convince yourself that it was red.

Anyway Newcastle are pretty shite.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #19438 on: March 18, 2022, 04:44:52 pm »
I'd say if you jump into a tackle with both feet off the ground and don't attempt to play the ball it should be an automatic red card, if that is Allan trying to win the ball from the side and being late then I'd go towards it being a yellow.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #19439 on: March 18, 2022, 06:19:31 pm »
My first impression was that it was a yellow but the more you looked at the replays you could convince yourself that it was red.

Anyway Newcastle are pretty shite.
Yeah, I know what you're saying - though have seen much worse and not get punished at all. So, with the ref changing his mind after looking at the video, is it classed as a straight red.....thought I saw him bring out a yellow again, then red or was that a mistake ?