Author Topic: Yet another Special Anfield night - Liverpool V Arsenal post game comments  (Read 90600 times)

Offline Andyb

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How about Skrtel's interception at 3-2

Fabulous stuff

how about his interceptions at 0-0 0-1 1-1 2-1 2-2 and for whatever else happened as i wasn't looking after this...but i guess he intercepted all night  :-0  legend
we no longer dream    we realise this is reality....we are this good!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
Take that triangle passing spineless nonces. If you forked out that extra few million this wouldn't have happened.

Tomorrow will be fun ;D

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
you know my wife was right : it would be better if we had gone out tonight. i dont think i can take another night like this. i could power the national grid if you hook me up during a match. i thought it would be 1-1 before the match, so did most, one good friend suggested 4-1 to us and i laughed!! who would have thought 4-2 ...dear god, watching it all again now, so i can enjoy it. and all irish posters: how good was the Brady Souness Dunphy debate after?? as good as the match! what a comment about wenger from dunphy about the minister for funny walks ! couldnt stop laughing when dunphy told brady he decided to put the clips together at the editorial meeting when brady was too busy doojng press conferences! pure class all round
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
So, another season without much success for Arsenal. But hey, at least you haven't spent any money.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Fuckin ell what a night, what a game!! So made up it's unbelieveable.

LFC has hooked another supporter tonight I think. Let my 5 y/o daughter stay up to watch with us and her 7 y/o brother. It's the first time she's watched a full match. She has now decided she loves Torres after his goal, made up her own song for him and bounced like crazy every time she heard his song on the telly. When Gerrard scored the pen she screamed louder than we did, sure the roof budged and went running up and down the stairs in joy! She has now gone to bed with her teddy, newly nicknamed Liverpool! lol

Yup another one hooked for an amazing ride on the LFC roller coaster.  :scarf

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Guys, kindly leave the pedo stuff out of it, your better then that. Fellow Arsenal fans, leave the whining to your own boards

Don't think anyone is having a go at you to be fair?

yeah, sorry about that, shouldn't have taken it so personally

Modern footballers are told to hit the ground when there is contact in the area. I think many recognised it was a penalty and you didn't get the rub of the green. By your own complaints this week many Arsenal fans are now claiming that a very similar incident for us shouldn't be a penalty.

Bottom line is you don't take your chances and ship fives goals. Not really that much to complain about.

Exactly. If you don't win the ball and you make contact, you run the risk of conceding a penalty. We could have had two in the last week and you not had one, been unlucky on you and I remember the penalty Grimsby conceded to go 1-0 down in the recent final, I bet that defender does that many times a match and never gets called up, unlucky that he did there but like Toure, he made the foul and can have little complaints. Could also have had goal ruled out due to possible Flamini handball, not sure if it was or wasn't but could see why there were appeals, ref happens.

Think not taking chances is harsh, we scored 3, just the can't defend bit is the problem.

HOOOF! Arsenal! HOOOOF!

Gods, what were Arsenal thinking trying to hoof it when 2-1 down. When we did play it along the ground, during that time, we looked like we might get a goal but too often we booted it. Must have got rattled near the end I suppose

Icing on the cake is to shove it up the fuckin arse of all those c*nts going on about the purity of Arsenals football.....wheres it fucking gottem eh, where?.....Where?

An unbeaten season, much joy as well as pain and a title shot this year till our defence decided to defend like Andorra. I'm one of those people who would rather lose a good game, like this one, then see a England like performance from my team. I support England and I still wanted us knocked out of last world cup so I might just be odd

Walcott's run to set up their goal was something else, so glad that Wenger thinks Eboue is better than him

had he started, he wouldn't have done that ;) Impact player at the moment, not yet ready to start top class games

Bad bit:

Going out in such a manner, hurts like heck. So delighted when we pulled it back only to lose it at the end...

Defending. Almunia made what, one save ,maybe two, not shone in a big game yet for Arsenal. Senderos lost man, Cesc decided on the post meant wander away from it, lost momentum there but recovered well by half time. Then great counter attack, fair enough Gallas beaten in the air, fair enough Senderos tried to buy time, Toure gets there and decides to not close him down either, you can't do that with  Torres. One of them has to get close to him. Third, Toure concedes silly penalty, fourth, well that was great work by Babel though Jens/VDS/Reina would have convinced me more of saving when Babel was bearing down on goal. Taking nothing away from your goals but this has been our problem. Honestly, was there a single goal we conceded this season other then your 4th tonight when we had everyone pushing forward where I could think "nothing we could do"? No, that is what frustrates me.

Problem is, you can otherwise have a good game as Senderos did today or Gallas against Aston Villa, some good tackles and good blocks but Man U don't make those mistakes anywhere near as often. We have to sort it out, man for man I have faith in what we have but they (other then Sagna) have turned into a bunch of Brambles recently.

Eboue was awful, we still seem reluctant to actually give the ball to Walcott.

To take out of:
We scored twice and played some really good football, to be fair so did Liverpool once you made it 1-1, the goals we did score were very good whatever complaints about the defending you guys might have. Ade scored, Hleb looked quite effective, Clichy burst forward and Diaby started well but faded, Van Persie doesn't seem to be injured. Great run by Walcott, looked a real threat when on the ball.

We didn't get intimidated which is always a fear when Anfield in CL though we do seem to get rattled when we concede against you even at home. Against most teams, we promptly get better so just seems to be something you do to us.

Still, at least the Man U game shouldn't be a 0-0 bore :P Sorry for the rant

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
  • Blue is the color..Football is the game
Reality is your out and were though, it sure fucking does ;D

You got me wrong. I'm Chelsea supporter and we are in Semi to visit Anfield. I just gave neutral point of view.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
I'd have settled for that before the game.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
Crazy mad game where tactics went out the window for the most part

But well done Rafa for bringing Babel on, fantastic cameo from the young Dutchman, got us well and truly out of the shit with a brilliant run for the pen and a fantastic clinching 4th goal

What a goal from Nando though, brilliant  :wellin

Still shaking like a shitting dog though even after about 3 glases of wine, I dont think I could take another game like that, just a bit TOO hard on the nerves  :o

But we need fear no one after that, all teams will be scared now, even Man U. lets do Chelsea for a 3rd time now... ;D

Offline 2barsup

• Main Stander
Nopes...Im Chelsea supporter. You got me wrong. But from neutral's point of view, you guys are damn lucky.

And you "guys" will never learn will you?

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
Fuck me, if Brazil 1970 didn't turn into Wimbledon as soon as we equalised. Apart from one moment of pure magic from Walcott all I coud see was route one.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Additionally he drives really really slowly because he's got an incredibly small penis  ;D
true story  ;)

;D

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
  • Didnt even know Probe had moved
You got me wrong. I'm Chelsea supporter and we are in Semi to visit Anfield. I just gave neutral point of view.
You must be shitting yerself
'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
I'd have settled for that before the game.

:lmao

Class. My seventh pint is just beginning to calm me down in time to watch the highlights.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 10:56:00 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline riprock

• Main Stander
Over the years it seems like after every win, we're told we were lucky. well here we are in another Champions League semi final, we cant be half bad ;)

Offline 2barsup

• Main Stander
Fuck me, if Brazil 1970 didn't turn into Wimbledon as soon as we equalised. Apart from one moment of pure magic from Walcott all I coud see was route one.

It was great to hear them get some of that "hoof" shite back.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Magic hat your right with most things, sound bloke

I think the problem with arsenal is if the passing fails, you have nothing to back it up. A second plan so to speak

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
  • In Istanbul We Won It 5 Times
15 minutes before the ko my daughter asked me to listen to a song by pink floyd... fearless (has a rendition of YNWA at the end of the song). awesome song, and such a good omen because we definitely were FEARLESS.

MOTM: good ol' Hyppia

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Now, that was not a bad game ...

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got back from the match, what a night!

My man of the match was every single player in a red shirt. Now bring on chelsea.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Silla

• Main Stander
  • smokescreen
I love the smell of an Arsenal defeat. Nothing like putting wenger in his place at the bottom like the slug he is!

Maverick Army: 'Lucky'? Are you feckin kidding?

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
You must be shitting yerself

Don't want to get in any banter. But thats a silly comment.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline Andy-Bayor

• Main Stander
  • Oh to be a gooner.
  • Super Title: Banned for being a prick
Just seen the replay 100% dive for Babel.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorrymissed this, can you (or anyone!) elaborate on this frme please?

Thanks.

its just the usual Gerrard-bashing. think he means Gerrards "that was my worst perfomance in a Liverpool shirt" was only said to tell Rafa not to play him on the left again. i actually think thats bollocks, Gerrard didn't look happy the whole game (except when he scored), which is usually a sign he isn't happy with himself (because it vanishes as soon as he's playing a few good passes etc)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
We  out scored them and they are still  bitter.

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
Utterly brilliant performance tonight.
Skrtel was boss Masch and Kuyt well in. Torres superb in the execution and just a typical Liverpool euro night.
Well done The Reds. :champ
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
Bounce bounce bounce! ;D If I could kiss all of you I would :-* :-*  :-* I've lost my voice and been recovering from a cold to boot, but it's all been worth it ;D ;D ;D.  Thank you Liverpooooooooool, thank you Rafa & the lads & fellow fans :wave.  Thank you thank you for another amazing night!!! The victory is even sweeter, seeing as my ex is an Arse fan, take that!  :P
"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline Texas Reds Fan

• The first to learn about Project: Rename LFC
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
What a fucking game. All I can say, really...

Offline 2barsup

• Main Stander
Don't want to get in any banter. But thats a silly comment.

Then what the fuck are you doing here then?

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
what about  his goal?

Offline dok71

• Boys Pen
Nerves are shot.

Any idea when the Chelsea home leg will be played,

its either 22nd or 23rd

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kuyt - MOTM. Was absolutely immense. Did everything right, not just work his bollocks off but tackled, kept possession and kept harassing Arsenal's players.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

hhaah fuck off you c*nt

Bet your one of the twats that think it was a pen last week for hleb, grow up. Hleb's wasn't and babel was imo, although the babel could not be given depending on the ref position

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
Jesus, just heard that Rafa was going to bring on Veronica. Thank Christ Babel scored.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
Better than sex. Even the missus agrees. Bitch!

Well in Redmen.

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
do you have problems with your eyesight and/or brain?

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
Bounce bounce bounce! ;D If I could kiss all of you I would :-* :-*  :-*
#
That could be arranged :D

Offline Maverick Army

• Main Stander
I love the smell of an Arsenal defeat. Nothing like putting wenger in his place at the bottom like the slug he is!

Maverick Army: 'Lucky'? Are you feckin kidding?

I said already, Liverpool and Arsenal were equally good. Every pundit/expert is saying that penalty was extremely soft. On the other hand Hleb didnt get one when he deserved in 1st leg. So its a stroke of luck that sailed Liverpool's ship.

And I dont get the point why Rafa played Alonso and Masch in the middle. Gerrard was ineffective so was Kuyt.
Carefree!!!!!

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
Don't want to get in any banter.

What you doing on a Liverpool website then, you glory-hunting c*nt?

"WALKIN' DOWN LIME STREET SWINGIN' MY CHAIN
UP CAME A COCKNEY AND ASKED MY NAME
I KICKED 'IM IN THE BALLS AN' I KICKED 'IM IN THE 'EAD
NOW THAT COCKNEY IS DEAD"
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
Steven Gerrard: "probably the worst performance i've put in in a Liverpool shirt"

and i thank him for being honest!
but glad he got that pen in! :)
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon