Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632577 times)

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.
« Reply #7880 on: March 25, 2023, 11:47:48 am »
She hulk was fucking awful.
Most of their TV stuff is dire and the films are going the same way.
Cancelled disney before christmas once Andor was done.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7881 on: March 25, 2023, 11:56:29 am »
I hate to say it but I question how genuine the reviews are for these shows , I had a colleague at work call me sexist because I said the Ghostbusters all female movie sucked, just feels like some people are truly afraid to say what they really think due to backlash in these current times. I can't genuinely believe the critics deep down thought either of these shows was brilliant television with no flaws.

The all female ghostbusters wasnt shite because it was all female. It was shite because it was badly written, built up no suspense, had no character development and had really bad improv jokes. It lacked the craft and subtly found in the original.
Thats being objective not sexist.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7882 on: March 25, 2023, 12:51:13 pm »
I hate to say it but I question how genuine the reviews are for these shows , I had a colleague at work call me sexist because I said the Ghostbusters all female movie sucked, just feels like some people are truly afraid to say what they really think due to backlash in these current times. I can't genuinely believe the critics deep down thought either of these shows was brilliant television with no flaws.

A big part of this comes from when a shitload of sad, incel c*nts review-bombed Captain Marvel for misogynistic/'culture war' reasons.

But yes, the rebooted Ghostbusters was awful.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7883 on: March 25, 2023, 01:01:59 pm »
The "Thor" films basically have the same arc as the whole Marvel Film Universe. Started great, now just budget joke central.

You need some humour in the films but the balance is key.
I feel like Thor 2 gets a let off because it was so instantly forgettable and bad, whereas 4 came out at a time of saturation where a lot more people are beginning to get fed up with the repetitive churn.

I didn't like 4, but I feel like even though it was a bit of a jumbled mess where lots didn't land it still tried some things (terminal illness, the greek gods are the baddies/bale antagonist almost had a point, thematic music even if i hate that genre, referencing A Trip to the Moon by Méliès).

Whereas my recollection of Thor 2 is that it was drab/not fun, and literally the only bit I can remember is when I think there was an explosion in London at one point.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 01:16:35 pm by classycarra »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7884 on: March 25, 2023, 02:01:26 pm »

Whereas my recollection of Thor 2 is that it was drab/not fun, and literally the only bit I can remember is when I think there was an explosion in London at one point.

And Thor taking the tube
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7885 on: March 25, 2023, 04:20:58 pm »
I feel like Thor 2 gets a let off because it was so instantly forgettable and bad, whereas 4 came out at a time of saturation where a lot more people are beginning to get fed up with the repetitive churn.

I didn't like 4, but I feel like even though it was a bit of a jumbled mess where lots didn't land it still tried some things (terminal illness, the greek gods are the baddies/bale antagonist almost had a point, thematic music even if i hate that genre, referencing A Trip to the Moon by Méliès).

It's a fair point, I think when the Marvel films first started to come out the wow factor probably carried average films higher in my estimations. As they became oversaturated the weakness started to show.

Still don't regret any of them till End Game! What a ride.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7886 on: March 25, 2023, 06:51:26 pm »
Only just realised that all of the Netflix Marvel stuff has now been removed from Netflix altogether. The explosion of streaming services has taken us back to what we had pre-Netflix now, where everything is so split across so many different platforms that the easiest thing to do is just pirate it all.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7887 on: March 25, 2023, 06:59:45 pm »
Only just realised that all of the Netflix Marvel stuff has now been removed from Netflix altogether. The explosion of streaming services has taken us back to what we had pre-Netflix now, where everything is so split across so many different platforms that the easiest thing to do is just pirate it all.

Real Debrid & one of the free apps is all you need.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7888 on: March 25, 2023, 07:30:19 pm »

Real Debrid & one of the free apps is all you need.

I have a reliable site I use already but I was happy to pay for streaming services as long as they offered enough content to justify it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7889 on: March 25, 2023, 09:01:43 pm »
I was happy to pay for streaming services as long as they offered enough content to justify it.

I've ranted before about streaming services before on RAWK (chiefly fucking Spotify) but

Only just realised that all of the Netflix Marvel stuff has now been removed from Netflix altogether.

This has prompted me to get annoyed about subscription services again.

The idea that they just remove shit at will infuriates me. Artificial scarcity, tightness on royalties (see HBO Max's recent residuals debacle where they're basically dodging paying actors by removing shows from the consumer's selection), the goddamned impermanence of it all. I like having stuff I know will be there when I come back to it. You could be halfway through watching a program, leave it for a few weeks/months as life gets in the way, and suddenly it's gone. Collaborative playlists I made on Spotify with mates had songs just disappear from it due to licencing issues (or 'Spotify not paying labels the right amount') so I jibbed it about a month after it started in 2006 or so.

The move towards a subscription culture is shite. They want you to endlessly dump money in, and then they tell you what to fucking watch and badly curate your experience. It's garbage. They want everything to be a subscription - from your food shopping (Hello Fresh etc.) to your telly and films (Netflix, Disney, Paramount, fucking all of it) music (Spotify and the other less popular ones) - it's a form of coercive control over every cultural/media aspect of your life. You're allowing THEM to make the choices. Instead of choosing from ALL of the available films to buy (or rent back in the day) or all the available music (any LP/CD/legal download you can find) games (PS Plus, Gamepass) you get what you're fucking given and you'll like it. It's giving up choice, and I don't think it's a progressive option, I think it's backwards as fuck. It also allows people to retro-edit stuff (replacing samples in music, removing episodes like the second D&D one from Community) and fuck around with the original intention.

I know nobody cares but I hate it, so there.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7890 on: March 25, 2023, 09:34:27 pm »
I've ranted before about streaming services before on RAWK (chiefly fucking Spotify) but

This has prompted me to get annoyed about subscription services again.

The idea that they just remove shit at will infuriates me. Artificial scarcity, tightness on royalties (see HBO Max's recent residuals debacle where they're basically dodging paying actors by removing shows from the consumer's selection), the goddamned impermanence of it all. I like having stuff I know will be there when I come back to it. You could be halfway through watching a program, leave it for a few weeks/months as life gets in the way, and suddenly it's gone. Collaborative playlists I made on Spotify with mates had songs just disappear from it due to licencing issues (or 'Spotify not paying labels the right amount') so I jibbed it about a month after it started in 2006 or so.

The move towards a subscription culture is shite. They want you to endlessly dump money in, and then they tell you what to fucking watch and badly curate your experience. It's garbage. They want everything to be a subscription - from your food shopping (Hello Fresh etc.) to your telly and films (Netflix, Disney, Paramount, fucking all of it) music (Spotify and the other less popular ones) - it's a form of coercive control over every cultural/media aspect of your life. You're allowing THEM to make the choices. Instead of choosing from ALL of the available films to buy (or rent back in the day) or all the available music (any LP/CD/legal download you can find) games (PS Plus, Gamepass) you get what you're fucking given and you'll like it. It's giving up choice, and I don't think it's a progressive option, I think it's backwards as fuck. It also allows people to retro-edit stuff (replacing samples in music, removing episodes like the second D&D one from Community) and fuck around with the original intention.

I know nobody cares but I hate it, so there.

Subscriptions and streaming were initially a consumer friendly concept but I agree that greed is making it less and less so. Companies will keep pushing their luck until consumers push back, like BMW with their subscription-based car features. I don't like the idea of piracy taking away earnings from the people actually creating the content, but when the alternative is having to subscribe to a new service every time you want to watch a movie it's silly not to.

Even renting an individual movie to stream is just as expensive as it was to rent a physical copy was back in the day, there's no reason for it other than to encourage subscribing to everything rather than just picking what you want.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7891 on: March 26, 2023, 12:10:46 am »
Jonathan Majors apparently been arrested for strangulation, assault, and Harassment of a woman (his girlfriend apparently), allegations he denies.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/25/jonathan-majors-arrested-assault-woman-nyc-new-york/

Firstly of course if he has done this, then fuck him, fucking scumbag needs jail time and blacklisting

Secondly, for obvious reasons if he has done it, may just fuck up the next 2 MCU Phases just a smidge

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7892 on: March 26, 2023, 07:22:15 am »
Well the Flashpoint movie is still coming out after everything Ezra Miller's (allegedly) done so...
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7893 on: March 26, 2023, 12:09:00 pm »
The Netflix Defenders shows are on Disney+ now.

The problem with streaming was initially you had a couple of companies doing it (netflix/amazon prime) and they'd signed deals with studios. Now though those studios have all started their own streaming services and thus as the contacts ended removed their shows/films from the initial companies. Hence why Netflix have gone so big into creating their own content.
It's likely unsustainable so in a few years time there'll probably just be a couple of streaming services again.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7894 on: March 26, 2023, 05:04:13 pm »
Well the Flashpoint movie is still coming out after everything Ezra Miller's (allegedly) done so...

This is Disney though. Gina Carano was removed instantly for offensive tweets (deservedly so, I should add). If there's even a hint of truth to this, he'll be axed in no time.

We just have to wait and see on this.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7895 on: March 26, 2023, 05:19:57 pm »
This is Disney though. Gina Carano was removed instantly for offensive tweets (deservedly so, I should add). If there's even a hint of truth to this, he'll be axed in no time.

We just have to wait and see on this.

They also axed Johnny Depp pretty quickly and are probably regretting that call now, so it'll be interesting to see how they approach this. Unfortunately with these kinds of accusations there's rarely any sort of definitive conclusion, though it sounds like the accuser went to the police the very next day which makes it a bit more likely that there'll be some evidence of what happened.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7896 on: March 26, 2023, 06:53:29 pm »
They probably will axe him, and he’ll be easily explained thanks to the multiverse. ( although I have t seen ant man yet, so for all I know that throws a spanner in the works). But better now than six films in, I suppose.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7897 on: March 30, 2023, 03:25:23 pm »
They probably will axe him, and he’ll be easily explained thanks to the multiverse. ( although I have t seen ant man yet, so for all I know that throws a spanner in the works). But better now than six films in, I suppose.

In theory as he is an infinite being, then him being replaced shouldn't cause too many tremors.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7898 on: April 1, 2023, 12:57:06 pm »
Dyou know what doesn't facilitate change? When people constantly watch things they know they're not going to enjoy ;) I just had a look at the Apprentice viewing figures, considering we all criticise what its become and how fucking stupid it is....and they're not going down. So why would they change anything? Because Disney really REALLY aren't fussed about you calling Daredevil stupid and She-Hulk stupid and Loki stupid and the new Antman stupid if you still watch it (which I assume you will).

She-Hulk was a disaster as is Antman (not seen that yet), so while you have a point, they are aware that they're crashing and burning if they dont up the quality - Iger said recently they have to focus on quality not quantity (an admittal they've been shite, in itself)

Gardians is my last hooray with Marvel (and i have to catch up with Antman), and then im out unless someone credible in my eyes tells me something is good (which is what has happened with Picard 3, i'd already tapped out but others got me back into season 3, but im done after that cos it will definitely be an anomally)

as regards streaming figures in general, they dont just want the flagship stuff to be viewed once, repeat viewing is their marker and even more, increased subscriptions - if they dont increase they've actually gained nothing and will continue to lose money like all streaming services are (haven't seen any figures that claim any of them are making money and plenty that show they aren't/weren't)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7899 on: April 1, 2023, 01:29:15 pm »
It's a fair point, I think when the Marvel films first started to come out the wow factor probably carried average films higher in my estimations. As they became oversaturated the weakness started to show.

Still don't regret any of them till End Game! What a ride.

The focus back then felt like it was on the actual movie you were watching, the world-building, humour etc fit in around that rather being the main reason for the movie, which was only acceptable in the few movies before endgame.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7900 on: April 1, 2023, 01:33:25 pm »
Iger said recently they have to focus on quality not quantity (an admittal they've been shite, in itself)

That is not so much an admission of the quality of existing stuff, it relates more to them reducing the overall budget for new content that would result in lower production values on a similar amount of shows or few shows while maintaining the current budget levels.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7901 on: April 1, 2023, 10:48:02 pm »
you can read it that way and sure and they're bleeding money atm, so they pushed shit back, some multiple times cos of their poor practices/approach and probably some of those will get canned - but if everything had hit like they hoped and they'd got their shit together in the making process, they wouldn't be in this position with regard to making movies/tv and so quality over quantity is definitely part of the equation and is an admittal in itself

when your movies from years ago has better CGI than your most recent, the dip in quality is obvious, Iger may be many things but blind isn't one of them:-

"It is my intention to restructure things in a way that honors and respects creativity as the heart and soul of who we are. As you know, this is a time of enormous change and challenges in our industry, and our work will also focus on creating a more efficient and cost-effective structure.

I’ve asked Dana Walden, Alan Bergman, Jimmy Pitaro, and Christine McCarthy to work together on the design of a new structure that puts more decision-making back in the hands of our creative teams and rationalizes costs" (italics mine)

that is clearly a move to try and rectify quality, ie, phase 4 was shite but bob can't say that can he?

you dont have to rectify quality in "creative teams" if the quality is already there
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 10:50:03 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7902 on: April 3, 2023, 09:54:14 am »
She-Hulk was a disaster as is Antman (not seen that yet), so while you have a point, they are aware that they're crashing and burning if they dont up the quality - Iger said recently they have to focus on quality not quantity (an admittal they've been shite, in itself)

Gardians is my last hooray with Marvel (and i have to catch up with Antman), and then im out unless someone credible in my eyes tells me something is good (which is what has happened with Picard 3, i'd already tapped out but others got me back into season 3, but im done after that cos it will definitely be an anomally)

as regards streaming figures in general, they dont just want the flagship stuff to be viewed once, repeat viewing is their marker and even more, increased subscriptions - if they dont increase they've actually gained nothing and will continue to lose money like all streaming services are (haven't seen any figures that claim any of them are making money and plenty that show they aren't/weren't)

It wont be though :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7903 on: April 3, 2023, 01:17:37 pm »
The new trailer for Secret Invasion has been released, and as someone who lives in Halifax, pretty cool to see the location, even if it was only for a second

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #7904 on: April 3, 2023, 02:10:20 pm »

:o :mindblown
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7905 on: April 3, 2023, 02:39:52 pm »
:o :mindblown

Think he means commercially. It's not done as well as Marvel/Disney probably hoped.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7906 on: April 3, 2023, 02:45:01 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_YZNqNBhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_YZNqNBhw</a>

I'm intrigued. Shades of Winter Soldier spy thriller in the tone. Unexpected Olivia Colman instantly improves anything too.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #7907 on: April 3, 2023, 02:51:28 pm »
Think he means commercially. It's not done as well as Marvel/Disney probably hoped.

Ah fair enough in that case, I read that wrong.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7908 on: April 3, 2023, 03:04:12 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_YZNqNBhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tp_YZNqNBhw</a>

I'm intrigued. Shades of Winter Soldier spy thriller in the tone. Unexpected Olivia Colman instantly improves anything too.

Not a stupid quip in sight. I'm in.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7909 on: April 3, 2023, 03:12:48 pm »

How would She-Hulk be a disaster in the same sense though?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7910 on: April 3, 2023, 03:23:06 pm »
How would She-Hulk be a disaster in the same sense though?

Was that not a failure too?

No idea how it did commercially, but it's certainly been a critical failure. Maybe that's what he meant re Ant-Man as well. Not it seen it yet myself, so can't can't comment on the quality, but reviews appear pretty mixed.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7911 on: April 3, 2023, 03:43:19 pm »
and visual fx houses rejoice.

she was really petty and vindictive and was one of the main reasons marvel were so toxic to work with. perhaps all the negative reports, people refusing to work with them, etc has led to her being ousted (she was head of post production )

The Indy paints her in a better light

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/disney-marvel-victoria-alonson-fired-why-b2309965.html

Odious Ike Perlmutter been elbowed, too (https://www.slashfilm.com/1242617/disney-fires-ike-perlmutter-marvel-chairman-and-longtime-foe-of-kevin-feige/)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7912 on: April 3, 2023, 03:50:24 pm »
Was that not a failure too?

No idea how it did commercially, but it's certainly been a critical failure. Maybe that's what he meant re Ant-Man as well. Not it seen it yet myself, so can't can't comment on the quality, but reviews appear pretty mixed.

No idea how you even measure that sort of thing on Disney+ but most google searches seem to suggest it did pretty well in that respect. Which I assume would mean that Armand meant critically....but not sure since he's not even seen Antman to comment.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7913 on: April 3, 2023, 07:55:56 pm »
To be fair, She-Hulk and Ms Marvel were not targetting the likes of us. Most of us are hooked and will watch whatever guff they put in front of us and moan about how bad it was.

They are clearly aiming for a younger audience specifically young girls now. They probably saw the success of other female characters, who werwe by and large well written characters played by good actors and thought they go for more of the same. That culminated in that god awful cringey here come the girls scene in Endgame and are now pushing it even further, except, the characters just aren't as well written now.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2023, 06:19:21 pm by Musketeer Gripweed »

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7914 on: April 3, 2023, 09:16:37 pm »
Booked my tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 today.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7915 on: April 3, 2023, 11:29:07 pm »
Booked my tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 today.

Can't wait for it,even the Christmas special was great.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7916 on: April 4, 2023, 04:31:55 pm »
Now here's something no one can moan about

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/shW9i6k8cB0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/shW9i6k8cB0</a>

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7917 on: April 4, 2023, 04:34:42 pm »
Now here's something no one can moan about

Where's that Wolverine guy when you need him

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7918 on: April 5, 2023, 11:02:21 am »
Do you think we will ever see a baddie as good as Thanos on the big screen from Marvel again? Infinity War is the best film they've ever made in my opinion and that was down to the build up of a absolute monster of a baddie. I'm not fussed on Kang and I know Doom will be on the way eventually, hopefully they get him right.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7919 on: April 5, 2023, 03:41:11 pm »
Do you think we will ever see a baddie as good as Thanos on the big screen from Marvel again? Infinity War is the best film they've ever made in my opinion and that was down to the build up of a absolute monster of a baddie. I'm not fussed on Kang and I know Doom will be on the way eventually, hopefully they get him right.

If they do him justice then Doom can be just as good. But that's a big if.

Magneto in X-Men can be similarly compelling as well if written properly. Even with Fox's hammy scripts and subpar stories, both Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender shone in the role and are some of my favourite villains from the comic movie universe.

Still, he'll be very hard to top. Especially given the level of expectation he has built around the villain role. As someone else said in here earlier, if Marvel could do it again they probably would have held Thanos back and done him much later. I'm very glad they didn't though! I do wonder if they will do another Thanos story in the future though...