Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632670 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.
« Reply #7600 on: October 8, 2022, 10:39:15 pm »
I enjoyed Werewolf by night not what I was expecting.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #7601 on: October 13, 2022, 08:56:11 am »
Spoiler
Wow! That didn't just break the 4th wall but tore it down!

Clever take down of MCU films, piss take of Feige, teasing She Hulk in other media.

Son-Hulk too could be interesting.
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7602 on: October 13, 2022, 03:23:10 pm »
I enjoyed Werewolf by night not what I was expecting.

Same,it had a hammer productions feel to it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: October 13, 2022, 08:06:41 pm »
She Hulk was shite.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7604 on: October 13, 2022, 09:06:37 pm »
She Hulk was shite.

I didn't get the premis of the show. What actually happened apart from introducing a few new (and old) characterers? Was there even a story?

Anyone else feel they are just watching Marvel's output out of habit and hope now?

That said, Werefolf By Night was good, but has been the exception for the last year or so.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7605 on: October 13, 2022, 10:22:09 pm »
Biggest laugh of the show was when

Spoiler
Jen told K.E.V.I.N the finale should be about her story. My immediate thought was "what story?".

Second best laugh was when she said the show is a comedy.
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7606 on: October 14, 2022, 08:52:43 am »
Werewolf by Night was enjoyable and something different.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7607 on: October 14, 2022, 10:28:44 am »
Thought the ending to She-Hulk was at least interesting and had a couple of funny moments. Really not sure they pulled it off overall though.

Think this is the first thing Marvel have done where there seems to be a clear divide between the critics and the public. Every TV/movie critic I read/listen to has raved about it all season but virtually everyone else I've seen has thought it was largely awful.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7608 on: October 14, 2022, 11:07:01 am »
I just wish the Disney/Marvel band-wagon would crash and burn. Out of 5(?) Disney+ TV shows, there have been about 6 good episodes - a few in Wandavision, a few in Loki, 1-2 in Falcon & WS. The rest is shit (didn't get through a single episode of Hawkeye without nodding off). Like Star Trek, I'm done with the TV shows now - gave up on Moon Knight after 4 episodes, won't watch She-Hulk and anything else they churn out will need to get rave reviews before I try it. It's not like there's nothing else to watch these days - it's a golden age for TV quality.

The movies have also turned shit since Endgame (Spiderman No Way Home was great but I don't think it counts as Disney).

They need to rip up the rulebook and do something different, take more risks. On paper it looks like they tried to do that but in reality, the formula has been the same (eg Black Widow), the quality not there (Dr Strange 2), or the tone completely misjudged and the end-product a mess (Thor 4).

I hope Ryan Renolds keeps enough creative control of Deadpool for that not to be ruined too (or at least homogenized).

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7609 on: October 14, 2022, 11:23:52 am »
I'm not sure you can accuse them of not taking risk they're just not quite coming off at the moment (well, critically anyway....they're still making absolutely fuck tonnes from box office and subscriptions).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: October 14, 2022, 11:44:56 am »
The shows feel compromised from on high. At a guess I'd say they're restricted by episode count, episode length, family friendliness, and what they do/don't tie in from the universe.

Working under those restrictions to create something that has to try to stand on its own two feet was always going to be difficult. That said I did enjoy Loki, WandaVision is decent if you can binge it and Ms Marvel was kind of alright in a discardable sort of way.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: October 14, 2022, 11:51:07 am »
The shows feel compromised from on high. At a guess I'd say they're restricted by episode count, episode length, family friendliness, and what they do/don't tie in from the universe.

Working under those restrictions to create something that has to try to stand on its own two feet was always going to be difficult. That said I did enjoy Loki, WandaVision is decent if you can binge it and Ms Marvel was kind of alright in a discardable sort of way.

I am dreading a family friendly Daredevil show. Matt prancing around making quips about everything like Peter Parker and Kingpin being flamboyant and colourful with water shooting flowers and toy guns.

Dreading it.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: October 14, 2022, 11:56:52 am »
I am dreading a family friendly Daredevil show. Matt prancing around making quips about everything like Peter Parker and Kingpin being flamboyant and colourful with water shooting flowers and toy guns.

Dreading it.

Same, I love a ton of the Marvel stuff but I can't help but think that Marvel believe they can make a light show and market it as dark, and we'll buy it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: October 14, 2022, 01:04:25 pm »
Daredevils new costume is fucking ridiculous as well. Hope they abandon that shit for his actual show.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7614 on: October 14, 2022, 01:09:35 pm »
Murdoch smiled more in those two She Hulk episodes than he did throughout the full Netflix run. Doesn't bode well at all.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7615 on: October 14, 2022, 02:09:58 pm »
Murdoch smiled more in those two She Hulk episodes than he did throughout the full Netflix run. Doesn't bode well at all.

Because he was getting some whilst not having to worry about being killed.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7616 on: October 14, 2022, 02:11:41 pm »
Same, I love a ton of the Marvel stuff but I can't help but think that Marvel believe they can make a light show and market it as dark, and we'll buy it.

I don't know,whilst they're not DC level dark they are capable.

Just have to cross our fingers.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #7617 on: October 14, 2022, 03:14:59 pm »
Daredevils new costume is fucking ridiculous as well. Hope they abandon that shit for his actual show.

I'm kind of 50/50 towards it. The red/yellow is a classic Daredevil comic suit, but sometimes comic costumes don't translate well on tv/movies. Probably why Wolverine hasn't donned the yellow lycra.

Yet.  :-\
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: October 14, 2022, 07:33:15 pm »
Just seen the Daredevil costume in She-Hulk. That's fucking shocking.

First season and a half of Daredevil is still to me the best Marvel TV stuff made. It wasn't completely grim but it was dark, and it was something different. I don't want a quipy style for everything, I want some variety.

Daredevil was imo great when he was in opposition to guys like Kingpin and Punisher, borderline based on ideology than actual crime, and the crime in question being dark. He is, so far, the closest thing Marvel studios have made to a Batman, so makes sense to have this guy be more about the grim realities of street level crime, and the difficult argument that comes with being a vigilante like that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: October 14, 2022, 07:59:24 pm »
They brought Kingpin back for a reason & I doubt D'Onofrio or Cox would sign up if they thought it would harm the work they put in on the Netflix series.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7620 on: October 14, 2022, 08:24:08 pm »
They're doing Born Again so your hero has to be in a pretty good place if you're gonna then tear them down.  I imagine we'll start with a happy-go-lucky She-Hulk DD to contrast with what he is eventually reduced to.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7621 on: October 15, 2022, 11:58:40 pm »
I really enjoyed the finale of She Hulk and the Blazing Saddles and  Hellzapoppin  4th wall level breaking

Hellzapoppin the first film I ever watched that totally broke the 4th wall and it was made 80 years ago.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ouLlA6IQZGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ouLlA6IQZGI</a>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 12:11:57 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #7622 on: October 16, 2022, 12:05:04 am »
Why doesn't She-Hulk look anything like Tatiana Maslany?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7623 on: October 16, 2022, 02:45:10 pm »
Oof Werewolf by night was bland.

Absolutely nothing happening in the story or script, and merely making it black and white is not 'influenced by classic cinema' - couple of nicely lit shots early on, and that was it in terms of anything creative in it. Was like a short in something like Love Death & Robots, but with less going on/to say

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7624 on: October 16, 2022, 10:28:21 pm »

No idea. That annoyed me all season.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7625 on: October 17, 2022, 12:30:11 am »

I actually thought she was a different actress initially so thought id look up to see who it was, but yeah, it seems like a CGI of an artificial face (or so far removed from Tatianas actual look)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7626 on: October 17, 2022, 08:21:54 pm »

fucking hideous and looks just nasty and cheap

loved the red suit in comic and tv daredevil

anything else ive seen in comic or tv, just meh

with regards to she hulk itself, i reconciled to what they were doing early on, comedy/quickfix/trying a different style - and as such found it ok to vegetate to but that finale, fuck me what utter shite, just wow, off the scale crap
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7627 on: October 17, 2022, 08:36:29 pm »
Watched the final she hulk episode last night

Oh dear

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: October 17, 2022, 10:45:56 pm »
there is so much wrong with it, i honestly think it's the worst tv i've ever seen

and the writing hacks come off as just a narcissistic bunch that couldn't make sense of their own shite plot of a season and didn't know how to end it and so didn't, going off on a derisable tangent of nonsense that seemed to have the sole purpose of (largely) putting themselves in the show

there was nothing funny in that finale, nothing, it was like looking in on the worse standup routine ever and the dude holding the mic thinks he's bill fucking burr

and what i do love, they think by predicting/foreshadowing what the online reaction will be, from a negative standpoint, somehow dismisses that standpoint - in this case that the writing staff embarrassed themselves with that inane bullshit

that's no different than a sports team going out before a match and saying fans are going to call us shite when we play shite, but we're calling it now so we aren't shite - even tho we get blasted 10 fucking 0 (altho it's actually worse than that cos the writing staff actually pen the outcome)

and probably the most tragic element of that utter garbage is they included Daredevil in it, who equally comes off looking like a joke

I'm pretty sure it's going to be remembered as the worse thing ever in the mcu written by a bunch of people who think they were being really clever, patting each other on the back, laughing at each other's 'jokes' while the watching world looked on in disbelief how this vacuous trash got the thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 10:53:08 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: October 17, 2022, 11:39:37 pm »
Not only Daredevil, but they ruined Abomination/Blonsky as well

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: October 18, 2022, 02:17:51 am »
Not only Daredevil, but they ruined Abomination/Blonsky as well

;D What a legacy tarnished!

I see Harrison Ford has joined the MCU now.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: October 22, 2022, 01:29:07 am »
Just rewatched Nortons The Incredible Hulk, forgot how decent it was and how good his version of the Hulk was. Abomination is one sick villain too

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7632 on: October 23, 2022, 09:06:33 am »
That was one weird end to the show for she Hull. I wonder whether there will be some quirky multiverse explanation for this in future??

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7634 on: October 24, 2022, 05:52:02 pm »

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7635 on: October 24, 2022, 05:55:52 pm »
Kang seems so much more menacing here luckily than in Loki
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #7636 on: October 24, 2022, 08:35:31 pm »

I might be wrong but I think this is a different Kang.

Not to take away from your point - I agree - but I think that is why

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7637 on: October 24, 2022, 09:12:38 pm »

as he said in Loki - you're lucky you got this version of me  ;D

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7638 on: October 25, 2022, 04:47:05 am »
Yeah no it's a different Kang of course. But I remember something about that version of Kang fought all the others and won? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, it's been a while since Loki lol
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7639 on: October 25, 2022, 12:48:53 pm »
Yeah no it's a different Kang of course. But I remember something about that version of Kang fought all the others and won? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, it's been a while since Loki lol

Maybe this Kang was banished to the Quantum Realm? Either by 'he who remains' Kang, or before (and therefore out of the reach of 'he who remains' Kang)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"