Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 123727 times)

Offline Adams83

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #640 on: January 18, 2023, 02:15:44 pm »
He's played more than I expected at this stage. I didn't think he would get any minutes in the league until later in the season. We've had older players who had played at a higher level who hardly played during their first six months at the club.

Clearly talented, but needs to get stronger and learn the system. Fairly confident he'll make it here eventually.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #641 on: January 18, 2023, 02:42:45 pm »
He's bloody good.

Looks it. The usual odd stray pass and weak in the tackle but if we can fit him in to a functioning team :P he should be great for us

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: January 18, 2023, 02:46:50 pm »
Was really happy to see him get 65 mins yesterday - and also score a goal (though offside).

He has an attackers instincts and is clever.

Needs to get stronger though and look after the ball a bit better.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #643 on: January 18, 2023, 04:29:41 pm »
Was really happy to see him get 65 mins yesterday - and also score a goal (though offside).

He has an attackers instincts and is clever.

Needs to get stronger though and look after the ball a bit better.

I think that's what the club are working on.  He's doing a lot of work in the gym by all accounts.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2023, 04:49:52 pm »
I think that's what the club are working on.  He's doing a lot of work in the gym by all accounts.

Shankly made his players eat steak to put on muscle, although I guess Mona would have a view on that! I do like Carvalho, he is fearless, chases everything and has a trick or two. Excellent prospect espcially when the team is confident again.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2023, 06:40:19 pm »
He's bloody good.
Ran his legs off Roy….

And that’s what we’ve missed….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #646 on: January 23, 2023, 12:05:55 am »
Was there any news on why he was missing from the squad v Chelsea, or just no room on the bench?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: January 23, 2023, 01:25:44 am »
Ran his legs off Roy….

And that’s what we’ve missed….

I didn't realise he wasn't in the squad, his legs may have actually fell off.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #648 on: January 27, 2023, 03:20:48 pm »
Sounds like he’s quietly joined the injury list, don’t sound serious so…
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2023, 12:06:50 am »
So where do we expect him to end up positionally wise?. Where was he most effective when at Fulham?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #650 on: February 25, 2023, 11:06:22 pm »
Is he still alive, like? Or has he been kidnapped by some crack Eastern European team in a Roy of the Rovers style escapade?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 25, 2023, 11:10:05 pm »
Getting a bit concerned as to his lack of minutes. I rate the kid highly, it'd be a crying shame if the club don't think he's got it in him to be a big player for us in the future.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 26, 2023, 11:32:04 am »
Getting a bit concerned as to his lack of minutes. I rate the kid highly, it'd be a crying shame if the club don't think he's got it in him to be a big player for us in the future.
I'm baffled because he has been fit. Just can't get a kick at the moment.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 26, 2023, 11:36:56 am »
It's worth bringing him on as an impact sub if you need a goal, as he gets in the right positions at the right time like Minamino or Origi used to. We keep bringing players on who don't impact the game.

Milner for example is a good sub if you're protecting a lead, if you need a goal Carvalho can be a good sub.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #654 on: April 2, 2023, 07:05:00 pm »
What actually is the deal with this lad? Poor in training, bad attitude or just not very good?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: April 2, 2023, 07:08:42 pm »
It's a bit strange, thought he had a decent half at City in the cup, got the goal, bags of energy but was hauled off at half time and pretty much hasn't been seen since. He might not be the answer this season but it's certainly annoying to see Chamberlain get minutes ahead of him.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: April 3, 2023, 10:42:20 am »
I've liked the look of him each time he's played. Can tell he's got something but probably needs a season or two to settle.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #657 on: April 4, 2023, 11:30:53 pm »
Time to be worried about his future at Liverpool?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: April 4, 2023, 11:35:11 pm »
He was always an opportunistic signings I think, someone to pad out the squad for a bit and then move on for a profit. The lack of any attempt to fix our problems is maddening, but at the same time I'm not sure he's the solution to any of our issues.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: April 5, 2023, 08:57:11 am »
He is a mystery.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: April 5, 2023, 10:46:25 am »
He was always an opportunistic signings I think, someone to pad out the squad for a bit and then move on for a profit. The lack of any attempt to fix our problems is maddening, but at the same time I'm not sure he's the solution to any of our issues.

A signing who was, laughably, used as a reason we didn't need to sign midfielders.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: April 5, 2023, 10:54:31 am »
A signing who was, laughably, used as a reason we didn't need to sign midfielders.

Whats laughable is he is still being labelled a midfielder. He is not a midfielder.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 5, 2023, 10:58:03 am »
Whats laughable is he is still being labelled a midfielder. He is not a midfielder.

Ha ha - very good point.

Feel for the lad to be honest. He'd have been far better staying at Fulham for this season at least.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: April 5, 2023, 10:59:48 am »
What actually is the deal with this lad? Poor in training, bad attitude or just not very good?

I don't think we can judge any player who's arrived at the club in the last while to be honest. Carvalho arrives into our peak 2019/20 side and it works out completely different for him for instance.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: April 5, 2023, 11:05:23 am »
A bit of a mystery that he can't get on the pitch at all.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: April 5, 2023, 11:07:38 am »
Mad to think he started the away derby match and now can’t get a sniff even when we are struggling.  The 10 second cameo against Madrid is the only time I can remember seeing him since January

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 5, 2023, 01:12:08 pm »
Wasted season for him at the end.

Turned out to not be strong enough to play consistently, not fast enough as an attacker, and probably a bit raw.

That said - I have to truly believe that we fully knew that before signing him.

Remember we tried to sign him in January last year.

I think there is a great player there - but either he will not fit our preferred playing style or we will try again next season.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 5, 2023, 02:26:25 pm »
Weird that he can't get a game when we're absolutely desperate for something, anything.

Probably a goner in the summer.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #668 on: April 5, 2023, 03:32:43 pm »
Why put a young lad into a side that is massively struggling and where the slightest mistake is being flayed mercilessly? We had some games early on where we were playing OK and he looked decent, but when we started struggling he was pulled out of it. No coincidence there I believe, but good management in protecting him.

Alone he's not going to do anything to change our fortunes as the issues lie elsewhere. He has all the time in the World to flourish and grow, but this season of all seasons is not one where you would want to chuck someone in at the deep end for.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: April 5, 2023, 03:35:47 pm »

I'm sure he'll make it into another one of Peter's midfield depth charts before the season is over.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #670 on: April 5, 2023, 04:16:12 pm »
Why put a young lad into a side that is massively struggling and where the slightest mistake is being flayed mercilessly? We had some games early on where we were playing OK and he looked decent, but when we started struggling he was pulled out of it. No coincidence there I believe, but good management in protecting him.

Alone he's not going to do anything to change our fortunes as the issues lie elsewhere. He has all the time in the World to flourish and grow, but this season of all seasons is not one where you would want to chuck someone in at the deep end for.

We did that with Bajcetic though?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: April 5, 2023, 04:18:16 pm »

Would you say it was terrible management playing Stef and Harvey so much then in that case?

In his last proper appearance he scored away to City and looked lively, wasn't really struggling.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: April 5, 2023, 04:20:01 pm »
Would you say it was terrible management playing Stef and Harvey so much then in that case?

In his last proper appearance he scored away to City and looked lively, wasn't really struggling.

Where would he play?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 5, 2023, 04:21:01 pm »
We did that with Bajcetic though?

The position Bajcetic plays I guess required more urgent intervention?  Which is why he played so much pre-injury.

Carvalho's position is stacked right now.  Albeit with not a lot of great performing quality right now  ;D

I dunno, I would have liked to see him get more game time and it must be frustrating for him, but as Kennys from Heaven said, chucking him in to this disfunctioning team when there's enough senior players ahead of him could do him more harm than good.

Hope thats the situation and what Klopp is doing, because he really is a great talent. 

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: April 5, 2023, 04:24:57 pm »
Where would he play?

Should have had every minute that Ox had on the left over xmas and Jan instead of a past prime, nearly out of contract player stinking the joint out.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 5, 2023, 04:28:18 pm »
Should have had every minute that Ox had on the left over xmas and Jan instead of a past prime, nearly out of contract player stinking the joint out.

Fair enough, presumably the goal with Ox was to use his pace in the team, but he doesn't seem to have much of that left.

I can't think of anywhere Carvalho could play right now though, we have a lot of forwards available.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 5, 2023, 04:38:44 pm »
I think we do not know how to use him in our current system, something which I think applies a bit to Nunez and Gakpo as well. Our last few signings players are needing to adapt to new positions, not just new teams and environments.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 5, 2023, 04:42:25 pm »
Should have been used as an impact sub this season, considering just how ineffectual our subs usually are. Games like Newcastle he came on and showed he gets in the right positions and can sniff out a goal like Minamino used to.

Can understand why he's not been starting games but to not even use him off the bench when we're wasting our time with players like Ox.

It doesn't help that we keep signing a profile of player that isn't addressing what we need (Carvalho, Gakpo). Good potential players but it's not solving problem areas.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #678 on: April 8, 2023, 11:25:15 am »
Been wondering why we signed him. Pretty obvious he doesn't have the pace or strength to play CM or as a LF irrespective of how well he did in the championship. ANd we dont use no.10's (Harvey is the better option...)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: April 8, 2023, 01:56:29 pm »
It would have made perfect sense to buy a very highly rated teenager from the championship if he'd been an athletic, and decent technically, 6/8. If Carvalho was that sort of player he'd probably be an established starter at this point. But signing a player for a position we don't play with and asking someone who's not really suited to being a wide forward or an 8 for us to play in one of those 2 positions... bit odd. That said there's a future world where we've sorted out the midfield and the attack knows what it's doing and he can slot into a properly functioning team either as a 8 come 10 or a wide forward. I reckon in that world he's a really good option for us.