Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879712 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #3040 on: January 27, 2023, 06:53:02 pm »
All this 'Anfield is traditionally four sided that's how it should be' talk is bollocks. We originally had corners.

For some reason the Kemlyn side makes me want to sing 'Ebony and Ivory'
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3041 on: January 27, 2023, 09:17:04 pm »
It should just be all corners! That'll keep everyone happy.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: January 29, 2023, 09:40:48 pm »
Basically, a ‘thank you’ to the area. But I think we all know now that’s not what billionaires do.

And I don't think you'd do up the corner property for the 'public good' either!

There's nothing that could go on that land that only relies on 19-24 active days a year

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3043 on: January 30, 2023, 07:58:38 am »
And I don't think you'd do up the corner property for the 'public good' either!

There's nothing that could go on that land that only relies on 19-24 active days a year

I meant more community based projects. Make it into a 5 aside power-league all weather pitch. A Sports or art education centre. Allotments. A bake school for homebaked. Affordable studio space for young start-up businesses. A fully funded community theatre and event space with weekend local sellers market. A boxing club.  Byker bloody grove.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3044 on: January 30, 2023, 12:15:13 pm »
What's Geoff up to these days?

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3045 on: January 30, 2023, 12:17:31 pm »

Serving time for the paintballing tragedy I think.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3046 on: January 30, 2023, 01:13:21 pm »

He scrubs up well does Geoff.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: January 30, 2023, 02:03:38 pm »
I meant more community based projects. Make it into a 5 aside power-league all weather pitch. A Sports or art education centre. Allotments. A bake school for homebaked. Affordable studio space for young start-up businesses. A fully funded community theatre and event space with weekend local sellers market. A boxing club.  Byker bloody grove.

Affordable, Fully funded... aye, there's the rub. The money (and the people) to build it in the first place and then keep it going passed its first flush of enthusiasm. There's no money in it obviously. A cheap-to-build 'unprogrammed' flexible space that could accommodate any number of here today and gone tomorrow activities. But who would run it? Clearly council don't want or have the budget to do it. Some people think it's possible but this is a different place... https://www.nexudus.com/blog/1414936977/how-can-flexible-workspaces-engage-with-the-wider-community/

You could get a few houses on there. It goes to show the state of the market that that's not happening.

Oh, Right. Byker Grove. I knew that...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:23:12 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: January 30, 2023, 08:54:46 pm »
All this 'Anfield is traditionally four sided that's how it should be' talk is bollocks. We originally had corners.

Does anyone gave access to any photos of the old Kemlyn pre early 60’s?  I believe it was a relocation of the original main stand with a paddock in front.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3049 on: January 30, 2023, 09:08:39 pm »
Done quite a bit of searching of that period over the years and this is all the actual photos I have found. Would love to see more.

Old main stand on the left

Relocated to the Kemlyn side

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3050 on: January 30, 2023, 09:31:00 pm »
Not a photo unfortunately, but interesting nonetheless.

There are two pictures of a model or Anfield as it was between 1928 and 1956.

Link, just scroll down.  https://footballandmaterialculture.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/img_2732.jpg

Edit: I messed up. It's just one photo.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anfield_model_(1).jpg

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:43:31 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3051 on: January 30, 2023, 10:23:08 pm »
Some good footage of it here. And the pre-mound wooden Kop.

https://m.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/this-is-anfield/10154687989432573/

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: January 31, 2023, 12:44:10 am »
I meant more community based projects. Make it into a 5 aside power-league all weather pitch ...

All great ideas, the cage football pitch would be great.

Nike, Standard chartered and the LFC foundation all have community programs that should concentrate a bit more on L4

Nike community pitches in London and Hong Kong

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 12:51:56 am by kavah »

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3053 on: January 31, 2023, 07:12:00 pm »
As much as I like the idea of LFC buying the plot of land for expanding the match day experience the reality is this plot of land won’t be cheap as house builders will be falling over themselves for this. Also if FSG did buy and used for community purposes, they’d be accused of not investing every penny in the 1st team to remain competitive by some - so can’t really win. Personally I’d love to see it developed into a fan zone with decent music and drinks for match days (before and after the match) . Yes it would only be used 20 or so days a year but imagine the long term income from attracting an extra 5-10k supporters every game for drinks and food
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3054 on: February 6, 2023, 03:52:31 pm »
One of the regular Drone guys is saying today that one of the workers told him the work is 4 months behind schedule!

Obviously not confirmed, but it has looked pretty slow to my highly untrained eye since the mad rush to get the roof off before Christmas. Didn't think it was going that bad though.
Nothing would surprise me at the moment with this club to be honest.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2023, 03:54:58 pm by meady1981 »

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: February 6, 2023, 04:38:30 pm »
One of the regular Drone guys is saying today that one of the workers told him the work is 4 months behind schedule!

Obviously not confirmed, but it has looked pretty slow to my highly untrained eye since the mad rush to get the roof off before Christmas. Didn't think it was going that bad though.

https://youtu.be/MFBCNlqAUDw

Was just going to post that- seems like a front span doesn't fit at the moment too! Will be hard to see what happens if it is so far behind, do we open next season with just the lower tier being used?

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3056 on: February 6, 2023, 07:05:40 pm »
This was Feb 7th of the main stand. Looks pretty similar to be honest.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3057 on: February 6, 2023, 07:27:08 pm »
This was Feb 7th of the main stand. Looks pretty similar to be honest.

Main stand wasn't 'finished' until quite a while after the start of the season. We didn't use the new dressing room until April.

I imagine there's probably similar internal bits that don't need to be done, but not having the upper tier open would be pretty poor.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3058 on: February 7, 2023, 07:33:04 pm »
Mister Drone has posted his update video today and he got a lot of comments about the piece not fitting yesterday.

He reached out to some people he knows who claimed the piece does fit. The problem was with the crane. From where it is positioned it could not lift the structure into place. So, they are working on the flooring just outside the ANE/KD corner. The flooring has to be of certain strength before the crane can be moved there to complete the lift.

You can listen and see for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0A5zKoTtp0
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3059 on: February 7, 2023, 08:34:49 pm »
One of the comments said that no brick work had been started, I passed yesterday and there are 6 brick columns in the lower middle section in place, not a lot in the grand scheme of things but the brickies are deffo on site.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #3060 on: February 7, 2023, 09:11:47 pm »

It doesn’t look 4 months behind to be fair though, I’d suggest based on the original roofing and cladding contractor going under there are elements that are behind the original programme- as noted the original plan was to have the roof up and sealed in November to allow current roof to come off- I’d expect to see a huge difference by mid march in terms of the visuals as a lot of the cladding will be on and brick work well on the way

We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #3061 on: February 8, 2023, 06:33:50 am »
Lots of internal work underway, dividing walls, HVAC installation well advanced, and the brickwork is moving at pace if you compare three weeks' worth of drone footage.

They are currently building a temporary platform for the crawler crane to complete the SKD Stand end lift today or tomorrow. The roof section was not fabricated incorrectly, the problem was related to the reach of the crawler crane, you can see the temporary platform in the latest Mr Drone video and he explains the problems they faced last week with the lift.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: February 9, 2023, 06:28:33 pm »
SKD front span now attached with the crane in place to lift at the Main Stand end. Looks like they are really motoring with the roof cladding too, think if the concrete terracing is in the cladding will be finished in a few weeks

https://youtu.be/yV3kZFO7UMs

https://youtu.be/d61PRLvMgBQ

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #3063 on: February 10, 2023, 04:30:50 am »
SKD front span now attached with the crane in place to lift at the Main Stand end. Looks like they are really motoring with the roof cladding too, think if the concrete terracing is in the cladding will be finished in a few weeks

https://youtu.be/yV3kZFO7UMs

https://youtu.be/d61PRLvMgBQ

Wind conditions stopped the lift last night according to Paul Frost…hopefully they will get the right conditions today.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3064 on: February 10, 2023, 08:37:45 am »
Was there something about one of the companies going bust?

I would have thought there would have been progress though, I mean with the world cup and all that

plus in 2023 we have only had about two home games and only about 2 in 7 weeks

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3065 on: February 10, 2023, 07:29:50 pm »
Was there something about one of the companies going bust?

I would have thought there would have been progress though, I mean with the world cup and all that

plus in 2023 we have only had about two home games and only about 2 in 7 weeks

think the cladding company went bust but looking at the progress over the past few days I’m guessing they’ve found a new contractor /company to get this back in track
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: February 11, 2023, 11:32:42 am »
https://youtu.be/cDivlO_1Bzc

Another big lift for the front span that is at the MS end, won't be long now before the terracing is finished and roof fully clad- maybe another fortnight

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: February 13, 2023, 07:54:07 am »
Is the aim for the stand to be ready for the start of next season?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #3068 on: February 13, 2023, 09:02:13 am »
Yes, they will have it open with minor works and fit out to complete... just my guess being an old-arse construction lad. 

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3069 on: February 13, 2023, 01:12:42 pm »
That was the original aim.. I wonder if they will do the same as the Main and try to get the August league games away
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3070 on: February 13, 2023, 03:33:14 pm »
yes
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3071 on: February 14, 2023, 10:47:27 pm »
This new video from Mr Drone is interesting

If you go to about 20 minutes, there’s a video from inside the stand so you can see the internal works progressing
He then follows up with some video he took last night from high in the main stand

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jJjqekf8Rsw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jJjqekf8Rsw</a>
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:49:14 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3072 on: February 15, 2023, 07:15:54 pm »
Picture from last night. It's gonna be great when it's completed. The angled corners don't look as bad as I thought they'd be.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3073 on: February 15, 2023, 07:50:05 pm »
Yeah I think it looks great from inside. Really pleased. The sloping roofs really help bed the two stands together. Even the two smaller stands don't seem as dwarfed as I thought they would.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3074 on: February 15, 2023, 07:52:46 pm »
The increase in noise when the new main stand opened was really noticeable…

Really hope we get the same again…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #3075 on: February 16, 2023, 09:37:51 am »
With the front of the roof almost fully in place you now getting a real idea of how imposing it is. Can't wait to see it for real on Tuesday.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3076 on: February 16, 2023, 10:00:36 am »
With the front of the roof almost fully in place you now getting a real idea of how imposing it is. Can't wait to see it for real on Tuesday.

I think they'll probably see it for themselves.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3077 on: February 16, 2023, 11:02:31 am »

Took me a few reads  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3078 on: February 16, 2023, 01:20:32 pm »
:D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: February 16, 2023, 09:00:18 pm »
I know it's going to be mainly general admission but anybody know roughly how many extra season tickets there's going to be? 2,729 on waiting list, no chance?
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!