Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886779 times)

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #3520 on: April 1, 2019, 10:25:54 am »
i dont think henderson was bad yesterday, far from it

but this lad has to has to has to start every fucking game

i think so too with Hendo, usually the Echo would hv a fairly gd rating for him..but didnt.the wind has changed
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3521 on: April 1, 2019, 11:05:34 am »
agree he should have started yesterday but isn't it brilliant to be able to bring a lad like this off the bench?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3522 on: April 1, 2019, 10:42:54 pm »
I watched the game again today in batches fast forwarding parts, well i fast forward to when he came on and his first 2 touches were amazing quick 1 touch passing that put us on the front foot right away.

He has to be starting every game now, when that midfiled 3 that started sunday is broken up and he's come on, the way we play is quicker because of his ability to move the ball fast and forward.

He did the same at the Etihad, our game went up a couple of gears when he was on because of his incisive quick forward passing.

Fingers crossed we get no more Gini/Hendo/Milner together on the pitch at the same time ever again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3523 on: April 1, 2019, 11:03:06 pm »
If you look at the matchday thread for spurs, I was the first one to call out about the midfield and laughed at... Yet i said Fab is our best midfielder so should be starting and everyone jumped on me.... I think i proved my point though, when he came on we were far better.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3524 on: April 1, 2019, 11:06:02 pm »
If you look at the matchday thread for spurs, I was the first one to call out about the midfield and laughed at... Yet i said Fab is our best midfielder so should be starting and everyone jumped on me.... I think i proved my point though, when he came on we were far better.

No one appreciates people posting negative shit in the pre match threads and then coming back to gloat about it after the event.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3525 on: April 1, 2019, 11:13:03 pm »
No one appreciates people posting negative shit in the pre match threads and then coming back to gloat about it after the event.

Is having a different opinion negative?  I think fans on here are far too sensitive to people holding views that counter their own.

The gloating bit is definitely not a pretty look.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3526 on: April 1, 2019, 11:18:06 pm »
Is having a different opinion negative?  I think fans on here are far too sensitive to people holding views that counter their own.

The gloating bit is definitely not a pretty look.

No having a negative opinion is negative. Critique after the game sure but don't be writing off our players before they go out on the pitch and then coming back to say I told you so.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3527 on: April 4, 2019, 11:24:22 pm »
Why Fabinho didn't start against Spurs

“Fab couldn't train one day a little bit, not long enough to really know how he reacts after the international break,” Klopp revealed

“Not playing (for Brazil) but flying a lot and training a lot. If you are not playing then you train more than the other players. Ask Ali (Alisson Becker) or Bobby (Firmino) how much Fab trained. It was clear that he would come on.

“On the other side, Hendo trained outstandingly well, Milly as well. Gini was not involved as much in training but I've known him longer and I expected him to do well.

“This was the situation. It's also about who is used to who in the positioning and the opponent. It wasn't 100% clear what system Tottenham would play before the game.

“We chose a formation that we thought would enable us to adapt pretty quick to it. We didn't but that wasn't only because of the midfield.”

“Our front three defended exactly the same way against the four (at the back) as they did for the five and that made the spaces too big for the rest,” Klopp added.

“We didn't adapt quickly enough and that wasn't good. But it happened and that was the explanation.

“The selection is always about me trying to guess what will happen and what I see in training if there is something to see - that makes the line up.”

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3528 on: April 5, 2019, 11:16:26 am »
yeah Echo, very much a PR thing and high social media pressure this Spurs game imo, amd performed so well on training group mean earn a start thing sometimes really dilemma,
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3529 on: April 5, 2019, 11:32:14 am »
Yeah I.dont think so, he doesnt owe any explanations to anyone and it goes in line with what he has said and done. 

It beig reported by the Echo has fuck all to do with what hes saying.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3530 on: April 5, 2019, 11:58:36 am »
Yeah I.dont think so, he doesnt owe any explanations to anyone and it goes in line with what he has said and done. 

It beig reported by the Echo has fuck all to do with what hes saying.

Agree with this.

As if Klopp would all of a sudden give a fuck about what people think of the decisions he makes. He's made loads of decisions that are unpopular with certain sections of our fanbase and pretty much shrugged his shoulders at any of the criticism afterwards.

No way he'd start making excuses for PR reasons about not picking a certain player in 1 game
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3531 on: April 5, 2019, 10:53:50 pm »
Tonight was his poorest game since the Emirates.

But he's been so good in 2019 hes entitled to an off night.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #3532 on: April 6, 2019, 02:16:22 pm »
Tonight was his poorest game since the Emirates.

But he's been so good in 2019 hes entitled to an off night.

I agree but also think he was really isolated. Haven't seen any heatmaps but I felt Keita was much further forward in the first half and Fab was caught a number of times in the middle with multiple players running at him with no support.  As ever, I think performances are often about the set up around them.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3533 on: April 9, 2019, 10:40:14 pm »
What a game he had today. Winning the ball again and again and his tackling is so clean most of the time. I was worried when he joined because there was a certain clumsiness to it, but its cleaned up and he is so sharp in controlling that area.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3534 on: April 9, 2019, 10:44:40 pm »
Fabinho, Virgil and Allison.

We really are hard to score against now.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #3535 on: April 9, 2019, 10:50:57 pm »
He was ace tonight,broke up many a counter with his getting a toe on the ball.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3536 on: April 9, 2019, 10:57:16 pm »
He looked a bit shaky against Southampton but he was back to his best tonight and I think the midfield as a whole was excellent.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3537 on: April 9, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »
Boss AF.

One of his best games for us tonight, what a great signing he's been.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3538 on: April 9, 2019, 11:06:00 pm »
Boss AF.

Porto seemed to flood the middle third - at a minimum they had four in their vs. our three - but we more than held our own.  Fabinho and Hendo have that fantastic ability to snuff out counter-attacks before the opposition even get out of their own half.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3539 on: April 9, 2019, 11:07:37 pm »
Boss AF.

THE player we missed against Real last season.
This season we're ready for all CL finals.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2019, 11:09:16 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3540 on: April 10, 2019, 08:17:24 am »
Such a clever player. Not the quickest, and you seldom see him running at full pace anyway, but he doesn't need it. Two steps ahead of the game, so he just strolls in and takes the ball with his inspector Gadget telescope legs.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3541 on: April 10, 2019, 08:31:02 am »
What a signing he has been.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3542 on: April 10, 2019, 08:36:34 am »
Stabinho!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3543 on: April 10, 2019, 10:30:24 am »
His height is also a massive help. Like having 3rd cb for set pieces.

Him or Alisson for signing of season for us. Actually think Fabinho shading it.

ForzaDMultras!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:08:10 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3544 on: April 10, 2019, 10:36:37 am »
Why? What is the point of using Henderson in a 'free' role? He doesn't score or create and he's limited in tight areas. He's in the side to break up play and switch play, neither of which he does as well as Fabinho, which makes it all the more baffling when Klopp chooses Henderson ahead of him.

Only about 100 minutes of footie but this hasn't aged well thus far.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3545 on: April 10, 2019, 10:47:01 am »
Gone are the days of the Kenwyne Jones' of the world giving us nightmares with this lad, VVD and Allison.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3546 on: April 10, 2019, 12:24:50 pm »
The number of times you think an attacker is through and then out of nowhere Fabinho's toe nicks the ball away. His timing is spot on.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3547 on: April 14, 2019, 07:29:05 pm »
Absolute class today

We have 3 main players with incredible reading of the game and understanding of space, Virgil in defence, Fab in midfield and Firmino in the front 3

Plays like he has eyes in the back of his head

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3548 on: April 14, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »
I thought he was really good today. Won so many tackles and controlled that midfield really well.
My MOTM.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3549 on: April 14, 2019, 07:33:12 pm »
Boss AF.

What a signing.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3550 on: April 15, 2019, 08:35:48 am »
Fantastic again.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3551 on: April 15, 2019, 08:48:33 am »
I watched the game again today in batches fast forwarding parts, well i fast forward to when he came on and his first 2 touches were amazing quick 1 touch passing that put us on the front foot right away.

He has to be starting every game now, when that midfiled 3 that started sunday is broken up and he's come on, the way we play is quicker because of his ability to move the ball fast and forward.

He did the same at the Etihad, our game went up a couple of gears when he was on because of his incisive quick forward passing.

Fingers crossed we get no more Gini/Hendo/Milner together on the pitch at the same time ever again.

well said/observation, Fabinho can tackle and steal the ball and make a flowing passes with gd vision, while Hendo at THAT position can only distracted opposite attack! blame Klopp for his so conservative mindset and didnt do us any gd with those trio setup and those result at important matches he believe.

I am one of those dislike so much Hendo at DM..and now seems this recent formation bring out the best of everyone and free Keita too for aggressive football!..

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #3552 on: April 15, 2019, 11:10:05 am »
Fab (54) is our second top tackler now, behind Robertson (75).

I reckon 53 of those have been made by his big toe. Fabinho's got a big big toe!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3553 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:48 am »
There are some points in the game where the attacker will dribble right by him with a little juke/cut - but I suppose that's the life of a DM when you are forced to commit to try to win the ball or try to slow up or disrupt the attack.

Regardless - the posters in the first half of this thread should be pretty embarrassed by their knee jerk reactions.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3554 on: April 15, 2019, 11:25:21 am »
Fab (54) is our second top tackler now, behind Robertson (75).

I reckon 53 of those have been made by his big toe. Fabinho's got a big big toe!

You know what they say about those with big toes.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3555 on: April 15, 2019, 11:31:56 am »
Love his ability to tackle people from behind when they're running away from him. Done it a few times in the last few games. Most people can't do that cleanly but Fab's just got massive fucking stretchy legs
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3556 on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:27 am »
You know what they say about those with big toes.

They give away fewer fouls?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3557 on: April 15, 2019, 11:52:03 am »
Love his ability to tackle people from behind when they're running away from him. Done it a few times in the last few games. Most people can't do that cleanly but Fab's just got massive fucking stretchy legs

Like this.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3558 on: April 15, 2019, 12:00:18 pm »
Was man of the match for me - which is becoming very standard

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3559 on: April 15, 2019, 12:39:29 pm »
Like this.

That was superb. If it was any other ref then it would've been given, not because it is a foul but because the refs are shit.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy