Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 249611 times)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2020, 10:17:52 am »
I hope he kick Maguire's ass when we play United.

He's not Albanian..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2020, 10:19:00 am »
He's not Albanian..

But Shaquiri's from the next mountainous enclave so he'll do.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »
Looks a good signing.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2020, 10:55:26 pm »
Liked what I've seen of him so far. Quick to the ball, plenty of hustle in his tackle. Seems to read the game well and is gung ho in a Liverpool way.

Some ingredients this lad.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2020, 02:12:55 pm »
Yep, looks pretty lively from the Youtube compilation I just watched - looks like he can get up and down quickly, some great deliveries too. The lad has potential in this squad.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #285 on: September 3, 2020, 10:30:25 pm »
He’s been confined to his room with a fever on international duty apparently ....

Let’s hope all is well.

https://twitter.com/thesupergreek_/status/1301591834888732672?s=21
« Last Edit: September 3, 2020, 10:34:47 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline goalhanger14

• Boys Pen
« Reply #286 on: September 4, 2020, 02:13:20 pm »
how has he been so far?

the olympiakos crucible is not far off the kop, especially vs Partizan!

Online redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 4, 2020, 02:17:05 pm »
Tested negative on Tuesday, I imagine he will be tested again before he is due to return to Liverpool. If negative again then nothing to worry about?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #288 on: September 4, 2020, 09:47:03 pm »
Greek press reporting that he’s tested positive.
https://twitter.com/choria80/status/1301982254785351681?s=21
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 4, 2020, 10:17:04 pm »
Hopefully not too ill and see him in a fortnight then

Be plenty throughout season catching it unfortunately

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #290 on: September 4, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »
Hopefully not too ill and see him in a fortnight then

Be plenty throughout season catching it unfortunately

there will be, but having these sodding internationals now is just a great way to add to those numbers.

So daft to be having players scattered all over Europe for these games. They surely could have scrapped this tournament for now.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 4, 2020, 10:26:18 pm »
there will be, but having these sodding internationals now is just a great way to add to those numbers.

So daft to be having players scattered all over Europe for these games. They surely could have scrapped this tournament for now.

Totally agree. Farcical. I’d have started season now and put all internationals at end in a four to six week block. Least they could bubble then

You’d imagine even if players are back Tuesday we won’t have them back until Thursday until a clear test comes back

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #292 on: September 4, 2020, 10:33:50 pm »
Hope he recovers quickly. Absolute joke having players off all over Europe mixing with others. Our lads will be mixing with other players who are just coming off their holidays from God knows where as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #293 on: September 5, 2020, 05:40:38 am »
Are we pretty sure he caught it with Greece and not while with our squad?

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 5, 2020, 08:47:18 am »
Get well soon!
Believer

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #295 on: September 5, 2020, 09:01:56 am »

Of course not, he could have caught it at the local corner shop. Could have easily caught it in the Liverpool "bubble" from whoever it was who tested positive (Origi, Shaqiri..?).

But international travel certainly increases the risk dramatically. Airports, planes and unavoidable crowded areas, full of people coming from all over the place. It's the reason why ask these countries that had a good grip on the situation have seen increased in cases again.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #296 on: September 5, 2020, 09:38:44 am »

Incubation period probably means he caught it with us. So daft to be travelling to Austria for a pre-season camp and then travelling around to play two friendlies whilst there, a great way for the virus to spread, surely they could have scrapped the camp and stayed in Liverpool instead...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 5, 2020, 09:41:32 am »
Incubation period probably means he caught it with us. So daft to be travelling to Austria for a pre-season camp and then travelling around to play two friendlies whilst there, a great way for the virus to spread, surely they could have scrapped the camp and stayed in Liverpool instead...

If the incubation period is seven days then he would have been back in the UK by then. I assume he was on the bench for the Arsenal game?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #298 on: September 5, 2020, 09:43:15 am »
If the incubation period is seven days then he would have been back in the UK by then. I assume he was on the bench for the Arsenal game?

It could be up to 11 days so he could have been in Austria.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 5, 2020, 09:46:48 am »
It could be up to 11 days so he could have been in Austria.

OK so obviously there is a risk for anyone he's come into contact with in the meantime then.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #300 on: September 5, 2020, 09:59:37 am »
But Shaquiri's from the next mountainous enclave so he'll do.

Given  Shaquiri's sense of humour and mischief I can imagine him sat in the stands with a giant inflatable syringe.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #301 on: September 5, 2020, 10:08:04 am »
Will he now stay in Greece for two weeks and then come back to Liverpool and have do two weeks quarantine again? Or will he not have to do the one on his return?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #302 on: September 5, 2020, 10:09:34 am »

Doesn't matter. If he caught it with us he's taken it with him and potentially passed it on to the other Greek players, in turn potentially passing it on to their clubs when they get back.

Needless travel and extending of bubbles.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #303 on: September 5, 2020, 11:05:06 am »
Doesn't matter. If he caught it with us he's taken it with him and potentially passed it on to the other Greek players, in turn potentially passing it on to their clubs when they get back.

Needless travel and extending of bubbles.

Oh no doubt. For me I think the existential threat of COVID exists beyond stupid behaviour from UEFA like this. It's an extant risk.

My more immediate question is the likelihood that our other squad members have got it as well

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #304 on: September 5, 2020, 11:15:29 am »

My more immediate question is the likelihood that our other squad members have got it as well

Due to being on international duty?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 5, 2020, 12:45:02 pm »
Quite frankly, players should not have gone on holiday or been allowed to do so.

On the flip side, we all have to get on with life and work so it’s just a risk we need to live with.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #306 on: September 5, 2020, 01:02:40 pm »
Ah Kostas. Fucking hell.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #307 on: September 7, 2020, 08:37:54 am »
Only just read he's tested positive. Hope he's ok
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 7, 2020, 09:31:34 am »
Quite frankly, players should not have gone on holiday or been allowed to do so.

On the flip side, we all have to get on with life and work so it’s just a risk we need to live with.

Sounds like an ecumenical matter. :D

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 7, 2020, 09:37:52 am »
Greek press reporting that he’s tested positive.
https://twitter.com/choria80/status/1301982254785351681?s=21

tested positive - so 10-14  days isolation in Greece  then 14 days Isolation after returning to Liverpool?  - or does he get a pass after 2 negative tests as a professional sportsperson?

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 7, 2020, 09:40:35 am »
Will he now stay in Greece for two weeks and then come back to Liverpool and have do two weeks quarantine again? Or will he not have to do the one on his return?

this is my question as well
I think he may get a pass on 2nd 14 day quaratine as a professional sportsperson
I am sure loads of teams will have challenges and a few covid infections.

UEFA were pretty stupid to insist that these Nations cup friendlies went ahead so soon after  a few  covid breakouts and international travel being such a risk at the moment

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #311 on: September 7, 2020, 09:42:24 am »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 7, 2020, 09:56:52 am »
Ah Kostas. Fucking hell.

well said

maybe back for Chelsea game

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #313 on: September 7, 2020, 10:29:09 am »

UEFA were pretty stupid to insist that these Nations cup friendlies went ahead so soon after  a few  covid breakouts and international travel being such a risk at the moment

Due to the incubation period for Covid it's likely Tsimikas caught this with LFC in Austria, what was that about international travel again?

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 7, 2020, 11:06:57 am »
Due to the incubation period for Covid it's likely Tsimikas caught this with LFC in Austria, what was that about international travel again?

Interesting to know how & when.
did he go straight to Greece from Austria?

The fact that no other cases in our squad announced and all these players traveled and not positive tested - indicates that this is an outlier and with the increase in people +ve from holidays in Greece . I do think it was here that he got it. You can catch within a week,  5-7 days after infection.

hopefully no one else gets it in our squad

with him testing positive I am sure all our players will be tested again . they get tested 2 a week anyhow - so this will be picked up soon

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #315 on: September 7, 2020, 11:16:11 am »
Well it could have been from the LFC player who tested positive whilst with the club in Austria. He also didn't go straight to Greece from Austria as he was on the bench for the Community Shield.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 7, 2020, 11:41:34 am »
Well it could have been from the LFC player who tested positive whilst with the club in Austria. He also didn't go straight to Greece from Austria as he was on the bench for the Community Shield.

fair point.
main issue who else gets it & where did Kostas get it?
hopefully contained ?
I think one of Origi and maybe  Shaqiri where prime suspects of previous covid infection

to quote Milner & @Tbonejones

Fucking Hell Kostas

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #317 on: September 7, 2020, 11:52:53 am »
this is my question as well
I think he may get a pass on 2nd 14 day quaratine as a professional sportsperson
I am sure loads of teams will have challenges and a few covid infections.

Very inconsiderate of UEFA. Doing their best to null and void the season even before it even started.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 7, 2020, 01:00:38 pm »
Only just read he's tested positive. Hope he's ok

May not have any symptoms at all. Hopefully.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2020, 09:38:08 pm »
Pleasantly surprised at how comfortable he was using his right foot.  Solid enough debut, looks a proper athlete.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.