Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 598040 times)

Online Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #3440 on: August 15, 2022, 10:13:20 pm »
Mate, just fuck off to Redditt or somewhere else.

You think differently??
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3441 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:00 pm »
It comments like this which is getting threads locked, why are even mentioning Nunez in the Elliot thread anyway?

In other news, when did Tepid get the ability to lock threads? A teacher's going to go crazy with these new powers.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3442 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:01 pm »
Special player.

Carried a threat going forward in the first half and kept finding good spaces to pick up the ball, hopefully he can keep doing that and grab a few goals. Love watching him play, he's got an incredible future ahead of him.

« Reply #3443 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:37 pm »
Sorry not sure I see what people see in him as a CM in our team. I think he is a skillful wide player but seems to slow our play down because of his inability to use his right foot.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #3444 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:43 pm »
he s getting better and better is harvey as for the bedwetter fans having a go at Nunez cant be real fans go piss the bed elsewhere
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #3445 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:57 pm »
Great performance from Harvey, maybe our MOTM? He’s bringing an energy and hunger into the team. He was everywhere in that first 35 minutes. Playing alongside Milner will give him valuable insight into how to be a complete midfielder.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3446 on: August 15, 2022, 10:15:23 pm »
Was really good today, clever and creative with the ball.  Just a shame he hasn't got any speed or strength, needs to work on leaning into players more to buy fouls or get past them.

Would love to see him as a pure 10.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3447 on: August 15, 2022, 10:16:49 pm »
Good performance from Harvey, didn’t do anything exceptional but worked hard and recovered well when he lost the ball. His work ethic cannot be faulted.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3448 on: August 15, 2022, 10:17:33 pm »
Works hard and is good technically.

I don’t think it’s fair to heap pressure on him tho.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #3449 on: August 15, 2022, 10:17:53 pm »
he s getting better and better is harvey as for the bedwetter fans having a go at Nunez cant be real fans go piss the bed elsewhere

Harvey Elliott is fantastic. Having a go at proper fans having an opinion is not. It's a fucking football forum so some people need to grow up and have an opinion and not just an 'opinion' that pleases people.
After last season, it's just lovely to see the young lad back.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3450 on: August 15, 2022, 10:18:35 pm »
You think differently??

Yeah and also I can read the title of this thread.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3451 on: August 15, 2022, 10:18:58 pm »
In other news, when did Tepid get the ability to lock threads? A teacher's going to go crazy with these new powers.

In the circumstances I think it was the right thing to do.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3452 on: August 15, 2022, 10:21:24 pm »
In the circumstances I think it was the right thing to do.  :)

Lock all the threads IMO :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #3453 on: August 15, 2022, 10:27:50 pm »
Harvey was great tonight. So much more to come too.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3454 on: August 15, 2022, 10:28:12 pm »
The breakthrough season for Harvey surely.
I firmly believe so too. Should have been last season but for that freak tackle and resultant fracture-dislocation. He was already a surprise starting XI player up until that Leeds game in mid Sept.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3455 on: August 15, 2022, 10:33:22 pm »
Amazing for a 19 year old who missed most of last season through injury.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3456 on: August 15, 2022, 11:30:01 pm »
You think differently??
Anybody with a brain and a modicum of perspective does.

Harvey is boss
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3457 on: August 15, 2022, 11:37:22 pm »
Thought Harvey was really lively until he tired which is understandable. Gives everything and is great at linking play. Once he gets a good run (which he was just starting to get before his injury), he’ll go up another level still I think.

Exciting talent. Look forward to seeing him become a big part of the team as this season progresses
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: August 15, 2022, 11:44:02 pm »
Had a shot going in the first have where he faked a few players - only for a defender to stick out a leg and block it.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3459 on: August 15, 2022, 11:48:47 pm »
Had a shot going in the first have where he faked a few players - only for a defender to stick out a leg and block it.
Yep very unlucky that. Was so composed in the penalty area to make the room for the shot as well.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3460 on: August 16, 2022, 09:26:17 am »
You think differently??

Ironic your post was about someone not being able to control their emotions properly... LOL  ::)

Anyway, back to the matter at hand - how good is Harvey Elliott? As some other posters have mentioned, this is surely his breakout season. He was our best player by some distance last night I thought and, on another day, would have ended up with a goal and an assist.

He just always has that extra time on the ball that all great players do, can spot a pass, is comfortable in the box and presses/works his socks off out of possession.

We didn’t get the result we wanted but his performance was a massive positive for me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3461 on: August 16, 2022, 09:28:33 am »
Thought he played well but I still think that Salah-Trent-Elliott link up on that side has much to prove in terms of what that specific set up has yielded. I know its all about getting Trent in that half space but I dont like Salah being so close to the touchline.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3462 on: August 16, 2022, 09:29:36 am »
Thought he played well but I still think that Salah-Trent-Elliott link up on that side has much to prove in terms of what that specific set up has yielded. I know its all about getting Trent in that half space but I dont like Salah being so close to the touchline.

Agree with this.  It also leaves our other two midfielders with a lot of work to do to cover any gaps, especially if Milner is one of them, with his propensity to wander off into wide positions.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: August 16, 2022, 09:31:33 am »
Agree with this.  It also leaves our other two midfielders with a lot of work to do to cover any gaps, especially if Milner is one of them, with his propensity to wander off into wide positions.

It is coverable but it means we need loads of athleticism in midfield.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3464 on: August 16, 2022, 09:32:57 am »
Elliot has a great attitude. There was a little passage of play early in the game, he gave the ball away on the edge of the palace box and there was a few groans, Palace were set for a counter, he chased and won the ball back, gave it to Fabinho I think and demanded it back. Wonderful to see from someone so young. So many would have shrunk a bit there

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3465 on: August 16, 2022, 10:35:36 am »
I am amazed how good he is at 19 already, he reads the game like an old professional already... He is running all the time and he was simply everywhere.

I see him more as an AM or side midfield than a winger in 4-3-3 but he could be a future 10 for us...

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday and probably the youngest.

+ he is a massive red, what is there not to like :)

with performances like yesterday he will be a certain starter this season.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: August 16, 2022, 11:03:25 am »
Impressive last night, I think he can make the rcm spot his own.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3467 on: August 16, 2022, 11:20:09 am »
His retrieving the ball was impressive last night, a bit of work on positioning and understanding Salah/Trent and he will be brilliant in that spot.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3468 on: August 16, 2022, 06:04:02 pm »

I think he can. He's still got  more development physically, just got to still be patient with him. His potential is down to how much he wants it. As I said in the Trent thread, I'm looking forward to see how Elliot, Trent and Salah link up together on the right. We've got a special player here.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3469 on: August 16, 2022, 06:06:50 pm »

He was, but there are still question marks around that trio of Elliott, Trent and Salah, in term of the tactics and dynamics of those three. They haven't been doing it for long, but looking nice isn't what we need, we need them to score goals and create real goalscoring chances.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3470 on: August 16, 2022, 06:08:40 pm »
I get the comments about Harvey's physicality ... but Messi isn't exactly a heavyweight is he?  same as, say, Owen.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3471 on: August 16, 2022, 09:41:47 pm »
The lad must be absolutely buzzing. New contract, the complete faith of his manager, an excellent cameo v Fulham and Liverpool's MoM v Palace. It's hard to believe he's still 19. Normally you'd call someone so young and impressive a 'raw talent', but there's nothing raw about him. He plays the game with genuine wisdom. Incredible in someone so young.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3472 on: August 17, 2022, 06:52:29 am »
I get the comments about Harvey's physicality ... but Messi isn't exactly a heavyweight is he?  same as, say, Owen.

Prime Messi was lightning quick over 5-10 yards though, Elliott doesn't have that.

Online PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3473 on: August 17, 2022, 09:12:48 am »
Messi can be considered heavyweight for his height. But that's not as important as the fact he has the most incredible body balance in world football. Seriously during his prime you could literally push the guy and he wouldn't fall down.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: August 17, 2022, 09:33:41 am »
Definitely a special player in there, but now 19 and needs to kick on like Foden did for City around this age, huge season for him.

Shame about that injury last year as he is essentially starting again from where he was then, and he was flying.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3475 on: August 17, 2022, 12:06:37 pm »
He was, but there are still question marks around that trio of Elliott, Trent and Salah, in term of the tactics and dynamics of those three. They haven't been doing it for long, but looking nice isn't what we need, we need them to score goals and create real goalscoring chances.

Understand your point completely, and I do think Salah needs to be more invloved/less wide - but that having been said we have the highest xG in the league suggesting we're creating chances but a lack of finishing coupled with some bad luck has cost us points.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: August 17, 2022, 12:46:40 pm »

I don’t know if he works out in the midfield of our 4-3-3 though, which becomes a 3-1-2-4 with Elliot and Trent as high as they are.

He’s almost in the Shaqiri role which we never got to fit that nicely.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #3477 on: August 18, 2022, 05:41:41 pm »
I like him a lot. I agree with some sentiments that he isnt a "pure box-to-box midfielder", he's more a creative attacking midfielder right now. He has a wand of a left foot, and a willingness to win the ball back high up the pitch.

I don't know if he is a long term solution in the middle 3, but i had the same beliefs of Keita. Not a premier league physical 8, but all the skill to be a clever 10.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3478 on: August 22, 2022, 10:34:54 pm »
Is it just me that doesn't seem at all convinced by him?
His complete lack of physicality or speed means he will rarely win duels or take a man on.
Technically decent but don't see him scoring or assisting, more of a tidy player that isn't influencing the game

Carvalho should be ahead of him for me

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3479 on: August 22, 2022, 10:37:00 pm »
Doesn’t suit a 4-3-3