Author Topic: Lawrenson and The S*n  (Read 58023 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Mark Lawrenson with The Sun on Football Focus
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »
Wanker

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »
And the tit had a cheek to say this about rafa

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2016, 02:47:00 pm »
He has no excuse for this - none.

He knows the score.

His future employment with the club channel and Radio city for that matter needs addressing as soon as possible
His column in the Echo needs binning off as well.

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »
Un fricken believable !!!

Offline readybreck

• road
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »
Disgusted.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:22 pm »
Well once he has been fucked off from the official site and hopefully the Echo he can go and write for them... they deserve each other.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2016, 02:54:55 pm »
And the tit had a cheek to say this about rafa

I had never seen that until today. I'm not quite sure how I missed it, maybe my memory is failing me. But wow, that is unbelievable. Say what you want about Rafa, say he's defensive, say he's not a man manager, say he got lucky, say you don't like what he wears or how many sugars he likes in his tea. But if there is one man whose devotion and love to a club and city you can't question then it's people like Rafa, like Kenny, like Houllier and many others. He'd walk on hot coal for this club and to suggest he'd purposely link himself to another job like that is just very, very sad on Lawrenson's part.

Fuck him off from LFC TV, he's got a column in the Echo as well I believe and that should be another avenue to go down. He's OK to get work in the public domain on the back of success with us (because honestly he offers no tactical or entertaining insight on the game), yet he's happy to do shit like this at the same time? It's disgusting.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »
He is a prick.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2016, 03:10:05 pm »
fuckin gimp....will be bombarding the Echo to get him fucked off
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2016, 03:11:11 pm »
No excuse. He should know better. As someone who has represented our club at the highest level.

Shame on him

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Lawrenson and The Sun
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »
I deal with Lawrenson on a semi regular basis and he's a prick - so no surprise
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:14:57 pm by Carras Left Foot »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 03:13:31 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-mark-lawrenson-insists-10922066

Former Liverpool FC defender Mark Lawrenson insists he did not deliberately pose with The S** newspaper for the BBC and says he wouldn't have gone near a copy if he'd have known.

While filming for Football Focus, Lawrenson was photographed holding a copy of Saturday's edition of the paper, reviled on Merseyside because of its coverage of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, and the picture was published by Match of the Day's Twitter account – although the tweet now appears to have been deleted.

The front page headline of The S** carried the headline 'Deal... or no deal?' referring to the political situation with Prime Minister David Cameron and the EU but it is understood that the BBC were trying to make a joke over whether the headline might have been mistaken for a story about Manchester United possibly appointing Jose Mourinho as their next manager.

Lawrenson, 58, who played for Liverpool between 1981-88, and still lives on Merseyside maintains that he is well aware of the sensitivities of being associated with The S** newspaper following the publication's reporting of Hillsborough and says he would never knowingly have picked up a copy to make light of the situation.

He told the ECHO: “I didn't even realise it was The S**. They wanted to show the back page because it related to Jose [Mourinho] and I got given the paper as soon as Dan [Walker] was asking me a question.

“If I'd have known it was The S** I wouldn't have done it. I held it up to show the headline and it was too late to take it down.

“I would not knowingly pose with a copy of The S**. There was just me and Jermaine Jenas there and they handed it to me to show me the headline on the back and the front.

“There was no way I knew it was The S** until it was too late, else I wouldn't have gone near it.”

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »
Posted in the other thread - I deal with Lawrenson on a semi regular basis and he's a prick - so no surprise

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »
Not going to cut it, Lawrenson.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2016, 03:22:12 pm »
Not going to cut it, Lawrenson.

In one. As disingenuous as it gets. Did he just miss that logo whilst grinning away?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2016, 03:25:17 pm »
Twat!

Needs to be binned off by the club and the Echo

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »
Liar.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2016, 03:27:43 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-mark-lawrenson-insists-10922066

Former Liverpool FC defender Mark Lawrenson insists he did not deliberately pose with The S** newspaper for the BBC and says he wouldn't have gone near a copy if he'd have known.

While filming for Football Focus, Lawrenson was photographed holding a copy of Saturday's edition of the paper, reviled on Merseyside because of its coverage of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, and the picture was published by Match of the Day's Twitter account – although the tweet now appears to have been deleted.

The front page headline of The S** carried the headline 'Deal... or no deal?' referring to the political situation with Prime Minister David Cameron and the EU but it is understood that the BBC were trying to make a joke over whether the headline might have been mistaken for a story about Manchester United possibly appointing Jose Mourinho as their next manager.

Lawrenson, 58, who played for Liverpool between 1981-88, and still lives on Merseyside maintains that he is well aware of the sensitivities of being associated with The S** newspaper following the publication's reporting of Hillsborough and says he would never knowingly have picked up a copy to make light of the situation.

He told the ECHO: “I didn't even realise it was The S**. They wanted to show the back page because it related to Jose [Mourinho] and I got given the paper as soon as Dan [Walker] was asking me a question.

“If I'd have known it was The S** I wouldn't have done it. I held it up to show the headline and it was too late to take it down.

“I would not knowingly pose with a copy of The S**. There was just me and Jermaine Jenas there and they handed it to me to show me the headline on the back and the front.

“There was no way I knew it was The S** until it was too late, else I wouldn't have gone near it.”

He had the paper resting down on his lap for the entirety of the tv interview - apart from when he raised it up to the camera. He made a pre-planned joke of the headline on the front page and also referred to the backpage too - so he'd have had to have read it to make that pun.

His excuse quoted above is wanting to the say the least.

Not the full clip - but you get the gist - https://streamable.com/tv2a  (credit to officeplum on RedditLFC)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:35:30 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:42 pm »
In one. As disingenuous as it gets. Did he just miss that logo whilst grinning away?

If you really abhor that fucking rag you can spot it a mile away; you can fucking smell the gut wrenching stench of it when it's in the vicinity. A fucking blind man can feel it as it has a texture all of its own. Fuck off Lawrenson you twat!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »

....and then Joleon Lescott sat on his phone
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »
....and then Joleon Lescott sat on his phone

:lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 03:33:08 pm »

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:01 pm »

What an absolute bag of shite, the stupid twat knew full well what newspaper he was holding in his hand. He hasn't even got the fuckin guts to admit he posed with that rag, but realises it was a shameful decision. He should be fucked right off from anything to do with this club, the helmet. 

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »
https://streamable.com/tv2a

'the back age of the .... stops ... there's a paper there as you can see ...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:24 pm »
Sadly this doesn't shock me he has been a total twat for years, ex player of not he is a total disgrace a complete disgusting bellend and he needs fucking off from anything connected with this club immediately.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »
The way he said 'the back pages of the...' and realised what it was prove he knew what it was. He could have chosen that point to stop and make a point about the rag instead of promoting it.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »
The way he said 'the back pages of the...' and realised what it was prove he knew what it was. He could have chosen that point to stop and make a point about the rag instead of promoting it.

It's possible he just realised there and then that it was the Sun. Sure he could have chosen to just stop, but in the spur of the moment he just went through with it.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2016, 03:45:10 pm »
It's possible he just realised there and then that it was the Sun. Sure he could have chosen to just stop, but in the spur of the moment he just went through with it.

Everything is rehearsed. He would have known the rag was going to be used for that little segment. He's not fucking stupid even though he acts like it, he knew full well what was going on.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »

So, he sets his own gag up knowing what the headlines are on the front and back, yet professes not to know which paper it was...does he think we are fucking numskulls?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2016, 03:50:06 pm »
I had never seen that until today. I'm not quite sure how I missed it, maybe my memory is failing me. But wow, that is unbelievable. Say what you want about Rafa, say he's defensive, say he's not a man manager, say he got lucky, say you don't like what he wears or how many sugars he likes in his tea. But if there is one man whose devotion and love to a club and city you can't question then it's people like Rafa, like Kenny, like Houllier and many others. He'd walk on hot coal for this club and to suggest he'd purposely link himself to another job like that is just very, very sad on Lawrenson's part.

I remember that article and it's not even about Rafa but that fact that it was basically an article to say he wanted the manager out and used Hillsborough as an entry point. The last few paragraphs are basically what he wanted to say, it was the fact that he used Hillsborough to say it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2016, 03:50:28 pm »
I'm not at all surprised, sadly..   
I've just dug out an old book that was written by him while he was still a Liverpool player, called "Mark Lawrenson The Autobiography".

Here's a few quotes in a chapter titled "Self-Styled pundits" he wrote..

"Football provides more talking points than any other sport simply because more people are interested in it, but am I in a minority when I despair at constantly reading in some newspapers the sniping attacks which bear the names of ex players who have earned a damn good living out of the game?

I do not claim to be an expert on what sells newspapers and if that is the kind of thing which boosts circulation then people in charge may have a valid point. What they do is their business, but when I see famous names from the past racing in to knock the game which has been so good to them I do ask the question whether they really need the money so badly. It is one thing to hear a debate in the pub among genuine fans who love to talk football - none more so than those of Merseyside - but it is another thing when people are getting well paid to take a swipe at the game and individuals in it simply because they have a famous name, thanks to football."

He then finishes the chapter off with this beaut.  ::)

"This is the nearest I shall get to criticising people. Where would I be if I could not play this game? I realise what it has given me and I have no intention of losing my credibility by starting to take cheap shots at people for instant rewards."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
One does not need reading glasses to know the front or back page of that rag.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2016, 04:00:18 pm »
What an absolute c*nt.

As someone alluded to above, if you dislike that rag then you go out of your fucking way to avoid it. Living down south, I am surrounded by it - getting up from a train seat because some c*nt next to you has taken it out of their bag to read, seeing it in a public place and covering it up with something doing your best not to touch it, it is absolute filth and you fucking know when it's in the vicinity. You would not touch a newspaper unless you knew what it was - you wouldn't even open a link or tweet online until you knew it wasn't that fucking rag.

I had never seen that Rafa piece before, nor the comments about 'getting on with the game now.' Horrendous, horrendous human being and rightly no coming back from this.

I'd be disappointed if he ever front an LFC show again.

Silly fucking tosser with his disingenuous explanation.

If you hate that rag, then you don't just pick up a random paper without looking at it.

He knew what he was doing. What an absolute c*nt. It is actually sickening.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:01:50 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »
His explanation is bollocks, you can see that he's got the fucking rag on his lap and there's no fucking way he didn't know it was that piece of shit.

He proved he was vermin with his "can we get back to the football now" comment when we did a protest during a live BBC game.

Prick.

Get post from Phil above, absolute class post.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »
That moment spoke volumes about how that front page, along with the allegations carried also in other papers, had wrongly added the accusatory guilt of causation to the deeply-felt guilt of survival. Having to carry the dreadful burden of survival, knowing that anyone in those pens could have died, having to deal with the ever-present memories of the vice-like crush on the terraces and the physical and mental trauma of survival, and having to live with the flashbacks, survivors and the bereaved were forced to endure the tirade of blame encouraged in no short measure by unsubstantiated allegations made by those in authority and eagerly reported by The Sun.

Exactly. The likes of The Sun heaped stigma upon trauma for survivors. The most grievous case of adding insult to injury you'll ever see.

The BBC need to get it into their heads that Kelvin MacKenzie is a dangerous spokesman on Hillsborough - his allegations damage people's lives. As for Lawrenson, he's a mystery to me. Great player, awful man.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2016, 04:04:58 pm »
Disgraceful.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »

Yeah, he was going to say "I've got the back page of the sun".
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »
having seen the vid there is no excuse.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2016, 04:20:24 pm »
Just sent this to LFCTV:

After Mark Lawrenson used the newspaper with no name and claims he didn't know, with it sitting in his lap before he picked it up to show it.
https://streamable.com/tv2a

I will NOT renew my subscription to LFCTV GO if he continues to be on the clubs channel.

You can also check your archives for an article entitiled "Special letter from America" from 2009 where I helped to lead a boycott of Steven Cohen for his comments regarding Hillsborough. Or just search Steven Cohen boycott.

I'll be advising all my American mates, or LFC mates in general, to do the same and not renew their subs should Mark continue to appear on the clubs channel.

Please pass along to the appropriate parties within the club.

Sincerely,
Mel
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2016, 04:20:44 pm »
Remember this from 2011.....

Mark Lawrenson the football pundit and former Liverpool player said recently in an interview on radio with the BBC and I quote "Why can't the government say 'right here are all the facts here all the papers and just let the people make their minds up?' It may be that there are lots of people to blame, maybe there are some Liverpool supporters to blame, if there are they just have to deal with the consequences. We just need to know the truth"
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.