Author Topic: A Frank Assessment of Gerard Houllier (and the Men Tipped to Replace Him)  (Read 9034 times)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
I guess he can hop back on a plane, but I'd prefer him to be here in the first place; Mourinho's comments make it sound like he would prefer Liverpool, reading between the lines, so maybe that'll be sorted very quickly.

As for O'Leary, he has done a great job at Villa on no money, and he did build a good side at Leeds. But he wrote that terrible book which helped magnify the club's problmes, and he never won anything (going close in Europe a couple of times). Clearly needs to be respected, but I don't like the guy...

Mercury - as for that article, you have a better memory than me!  ;)

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I took it as a sign that the manager is pretty sewn up - or Parry would not be away.   The matter is simply too important to be otherwise.  I also cannot believe the Club would fire GH if it does not have some confidence of getting its target.

It thus makes sense for Parry to be "unreachable" to answer "speculations" until the Club is ready to make an annoucement.   All these point to Morinho (or Deschamps!  ::) ;D)