Author Topic: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise  (Read 203874 times)

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Re: Well done Maxi Rodriguez+his song
« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2010, 07:17:34 pm »
Probably Maxi's best game to date. He looked really threatening and linked up well with Torres

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2010, 08:30:11 pm »
Probably Maxi's best game to date. He looked really threatening and linked up well with Torres

There's no probably about it; we actually saw Maxi Rodriguez today. Lets hope we see more of today's Maxi than the Maxi in the last few games.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2010, 08:30:53 pm »
Well in Cow Head.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »
Our movement, tempo and urgency is the best I've seen from us for about 20-25 games.  No surprise that even Kuyt was playing neat little triangles, 1-2's and flicks with some very nice control for that overhead attempt.  All of our attackers looked like they could have scored...Maxi just took part.  Very solid display.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »
He's got a good first touch, good passing and is an intelligent player. He will be great with Torres but when we don't have someone like torres who can create something out of nothing up front he will look mediocre. I think we made 10m the second we signed him.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: March 1, 2010, 05:35:39 am »
Biggest difference was he was playing on the right. Never seen him as a left sided player. Hope he continues to play there.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #286 on: March 1, 2010, 09:34:34 am »
In all honesty- in his first game for us was, I thought he was as good as yesterday- if not more aggressive. He could've actually scored in that game- and he provided a penalty for Ngog that time. He created space for himself- cutting in from the left and sliced through the defense while attempting a 1-2 with Ngog. Before Ngog could get a pass/shot off(they were both in the box and one WOULD deffo have scored), he was fouled since it all happened so quickly- they just panicked- opened in a flash. A few seconds before that, the box was closed, defense was organized and we were passing it around that area- as usual- with no real hope for an opening and Maxi ripped them open- from NOTHING- on his own(bit like Rooney/Tevez that).

In his 2nd/3rd appearance, he got himself in the exact same position as Torres was yesterday(for the goal), but he kicked it against the top post, like Ngog did yesterday(don't really blame Maxi, since he's still settling and obviously he wanted to impress but tried too hard). In all his appearances to date for us, he played like he did yesterday-IMO- and got involved in the build-up, but looked like he was ignored as the moves progressed(I had a rant about it a few pages ago). The difference yesterday was that he was finally being "trusted". Its not just Maxi that needs to settle, he needs to be trusted as well.

I think we're in a better position now to deal with Torres being injured, since this man can score, he can slice open the best of defenses(a specialty of his- see Maxi's goal vs. us at Anfield - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQSN-dJn4w @1:52 ), he can create, is good on the counter and he can "play" the ball into the box. In short- he can get everyone into play up front. Its no surprise that we seem to "play the ball" better in the so-called "attacking 3rd", since Rafa said that one of the reasons he got Maxi is because he can bring that skillfull play into our game. We're getting more and more skillfull players.

After our first 2 clashes with AM, I've started watching some of their games, since I just lurve their football and from what I saw, he has an uncanny ability to be involved in the build-up, making/going on unnoticed/sublime runs into the box and finishing it off or providing assist- often "popping up" unmarked. The above is only a clip, but 1:17 and 1:36 gives some idea of what I'm referring to. See if you can guess who scores @2:44 ;)
We haven't seen the best of him, cause when he's fully settled, he'll be just as influential for us as Yosser. He reminds me of an unholy mix of Tevez(or Rooney)/Yossi. Thanks for the vid, MilanKB ;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: March 1, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
Think that was Maxi's best performance for us so far today.  Lovely assist for Torres' goal, and he's beginning to get to grips with the pace of the game over here. 

The lad was pure quality when at Atletico, and is for Argentina.  I'm pretty damn sure he's getting there for us.

It was a decent performance, but I don't remember him taking on a player and beating him once in the game. I don't' know whether he's trying to play it safe in the early stages of his career here or he just knows he's not capable of that; what we saw from Torres on the right wing (the flip flap and then touch with the left foot before he got fouled) is what Maxi should be doing - winning fouls, putting in crosses and shooting on goal after the bit of skill. Right now I see an intelligent player who's good at keeping the ball higher up the pitch and works hard closing down.

Having Yossi and Torres back has improved our attacking penetration by a level.

royhendo

« Reply #288 on: March 1, 2010, 09:54:44 am »
It was a decent performance, but I don't remember him taking on a player and beating him once in the game.

Can I ask a question - is it impossible to do a decent shift without doing that? I mean, what if he plays a one-two instead?

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #289 on: March 1, 2010, 09:58:49 am »
Can I ask a question - is it impossible to do a decent shift without doing that? I mean, what if he plays a one-two instead?

Sky generation though mate, you have to skin your man 10, 15 times a game now or you're shit and you've got to have, I believe the term is, outstanding Benteke (please ban me mods, I am not worthy to post in this forum ) .

Best game for Maxi by far, great for his confidence.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: March 1, 2010, 10:01:47 am »

Thanks for asking Roy you saved me from doing it.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: March 1, 2010, 10:39:10 am »

For a wing player - if they can't consistently beat players, they'll never be top level for me. Also, depends on what you mean by decent - if decent as in what Maxi provides now, and what Pennant provided before him, then they're good at it. I expect more from a wide attacker. I expect them to create as opposed to retain. Hell I enjoy watching Matt Jarvis play more than any of the liverpool wide players.

Like I said, it's not that Maxi can't do it. I just haven't seen him put himself in a position yet for us to know either way.

As for the second question - the end result for the one-two and the successful dribble is the same, but analyse: for the dribble, you only depend on yourself - no need to wait for support(less opportunity for the opposition to cover) - less 'active' players (less chance of a screw-up). It's the main key in attack, surely you know that roy?

Our attack would be one of the best in the world if we added a player with the dribbling quality of Torres on the wing - just the dribbling.   

Sky generation? Maradona and Best were doing what the current wannabes are trying to ages ago.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #292 on: March 1, 2010, 10:43:05 am »
You have to take into account that beating men has never been Maxi's game, not even at Atletico, yet he still became one of the top wide midfielders (I think that's probably a better term for him than winger) in the world.  He's a class talent who will only get better in our side.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #293 on: March 1, 2010, 10:57:25 am »
You have to take into account that beating men has never been Maxi's game
of course not. he doesn't swing that way. not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

seriously though, i think it's the misconception that wingers are supposed to be in the best/gillespie/barnes/overmaars mode still of outrunning your man and hugging the byline to get the cross in (which was what peannant did more or less)- i've said before the winger- a "true" one in that sense- in that way is becoming more and more obsolete and that like him or not, greasy gelboy (and ronaldinho before him) changed the game so far as to the way "wingers" interchange positions with strikers and midfielders. that said, i don't think maxi was brought in to outrun a defender and whip it in (if you'll see his positioning in THAT argentina goal he's all over the place and a short pass here and there and dragging people out of position while probing- and that's how the modern game is played)- what is important is that he's effective and his interaction with lucas and masch yesterday was brilliant. as such, that "beating their man"/true winger criterion to be top level is quite incompatible with the demands of the modern game as it is nowadays.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #294 on: March 1, 2010, 11:04:23 am »
I agree JP, he's not that sort of winger. Maxi didn't have to beat his man to get the assist for Torres. He has the experience to get into space and lose his marker by reading the game well rather than beating a man using pace and trickery. I'd like to see him play on the right with Johnson behind because he linked up really well with Mascherano and he could allow Johnson to provide more of that traditional wing threat with his more fluid style of passing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: March 1, 2010, 11:05:14 am »
The beating their man bit will always define how far a wide attacker will go for as long as football exists, but I agree with you in the sense that certain roles and attacking movements from wide players have changed. Even the players you mention - Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo - arguably their main asset is the ability to beat a man/put their man off position slightly for the pass/shot/cross (Ronaldinho remodeled himself more out of necessity)

They're all shitter than Garrincha anyway  ;D

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #296 on: March 1, 2010, 01:42:06 pm »
Some of his one touch balls out wide when he had cut inside were excellent.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #297 on: March 1, 2010, 03:13:25 pm »
Some of his one touch balls out wide when he had cut inside were excellent.
Yep. Always loved his give-n-go, 1-2, one-touch game. Immediate URGENCY to get the ball towards goal and none of that retreat-n-surrender bollox. This alone makes him a killer counter-attacker and- along with Gerrard- has the pace and game that matches Torres'. And he makes it a point to keep his passes on the deck. Would love to see him at Old Trafford as part of the attacking trio. Riera's done well against them and Kuyt's been effective, so I don't know who's going to be dropped, but if he came on as a sub on the right- while Gerrard and Torres is still on the pitch, it could be exciting.

The way he runs with the ball and the ability to hold on to it, will be essential in future. I can see him getting the ball in our half, darting towards goal, 1-2 with Stevie, Torres and the rest of the midfield(including the wing) edging a bit towards goal and we end up outnumbering the defense- pressure, rebounds and tap-ins galore!
That right-wing can be rigid (Kuyt+Carra/Masch), balanced(Kuyt+Johnson / Yossi+Carra/Masch) or sleek,  flowing, quick and sexy(Maxi+Johnson/Degen / Yossi+Degen/Johnson)
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 03:34:27 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 1, 2010, 03:35:38 pm »
of course not. he doesn't swing that way. not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

seriously though, i think it's the misconception that wingers are supposed to be in the best/gillespie/barnes/overmaars mode still of outrunning your man and hugging the byline to get the cross in (which was what peannant did more or less)- i've said before the winger- a "true" one in that sense- in that way is becoming more and more obsolete and that like him or not, greasy gelboy (and ronaldinho before him) changed the game so far as to the way "wingers" interchange positions with strikers and midfielders. that said, i don't think maxi was brought in to outrun a defender and whip it in (if you'll see his positioning in THAT argentina goal he's all over the place and a short pass here and there and dragging people out of position while probing- and that's how the modern game is played)- what is important is that he's effective and his interaction with lucas and masch yesterday was brilliant. as such, that "beating their man"/true winger criterion to be top level is quite incompatible with the demands of the modern game as it is nowadays.
I agree with you that the wide attacking players in todays game need to move around more, come inside, finish off moves, rather than stying out by the touchline, trying to get a cross in all the time (the best wide players can do both though). But, it will always be important to beat your man if you're an attacking player. You aren't as dependent on your teammates to create something if you can, and will open up space if you're able to dribble past your opponent.

Benayoun is, imo, our best threat out wide because of his great dribbling skills, and abilty to create things on his own (as well as his movement, and being a good goalscorer). In our team, where the off the ball movement isn't great, I think players like him are even more important.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 9, 2010, 04:43:51 am »
Thought Maxi was ok.  He had that fantastic cross for Torres.  He linked up a bit with Masch too.  The game intelligence is there and we know he can strike a football.

And I like how he got stuck in at times.  In fact, I like how he doesn't seem to be intimidated going up against physical players since he's joined.

Also, he made runs into the box (something we really lack) and doesn't mind going up for tough headers all around the pitch.  A tough little player it seems.

He did have a few very poor and uncharacteristic touches.  That was a negative for him on the night.

With his lack of pace and the fact that he's probably past his best, it was going to be hard for him to the difference-maker, especially on a night when the majority of the team played so poorly.  Still, I think he's done all right since joining us.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2010, 04:47:31 am by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline markiv

• Main Stander
« Reply #300 on: March 9, 2010, 08:53:12 am »
I thought he was one of our better players yesterday. He linked up pretty well with Masch.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: March 9, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
I agree, out of the front 3 in midfield he was the best, Kuyt and Yossi were shite!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »
Before Aquilani's intro last night- Maxi, Masch and Soto were the only 3 players who seemed arsed. The others had given up. Maxi was busy and on the ball from the get-go. It's even more depressing to see his efforts not being encouraged or even just a little credit.

I was pointing out to my mate whenever Maxi made runs into the box and almost into the keepr's arse(shock!- unbeliebable in this day and age- at least at LFC). He got stuck in, he kept the ball moving, he made decent runs down the side and finally when we were solid again in midfield, he- together with Aquilani, kept the ball up-front and moving.

It's like I pointed out a few pages back- once he gets settled, we'll have another player who can apply pressure upfront and help pin down opponents in front of their goal. Well done MAXI! Now onwards and upwards, lad. He's intelligent this lad. Fuck beating your man 1v1, he can do it somehow...

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »
By the currently abysmal standards of our squad, he is doing quite well.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2010, 06:07:44 pm »
Wow, everyone's standards for a starting winger have really dropped if that display by Maxi (or indeed any of his displays, bar a few moments against Blackburn) are classified as okay.  He has played some seriously shite football since coming here.  I hope that he'll come good, and I'm certainly not one for passing judgement too quickly, but he certainly hasn't "done well" or anything.

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »
He actually wasn't that bad against wigan as everyone is making him out to be.  First, he gave the cross that Nando headed over the bar (and probably would have scored on another day) and also headed the ball to Nando who volleyed it off the outside of the post.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2010, 07:09:16 pm »
Don't get people having a go at him after the Wigan match. If anything he was our only player who actually played fairly well apart from Aquilani in his cameo.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:57 pm »
Don't get people having a go at him after the Wigan match. If anything he was our only player who actually played fairly well apart from Aquilani in his cameo.

Have to agree. I feel that some people on these boards slate anyone who plays wide that doesn't beat four men and then put the ball in the net.

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:44 pm »
Have to agree. I feel that some people on these boards slate anyone who plays wide that doesn't beat four men and then put the ball in the net.

because generally thats what you want your wingers to do. the clubs above us have these kinds of players.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »
Bit of him on .tv - love the dig at Masch's hometown :D
----------------------------------------
Maxi: I like Scouse life
12th Mar 2010

Maxi Rodriguez claims adjusting to life in Liverpool has been easier than he predicted.

The Argentina international has been in England barely two months but is already enjoying the lifestyle - and claims Liverpool is just like his hometown Rosario.

"I'm settling into life here very well," the 29-year-old told LFC Weekly. "It has been a lot easier than I thought. Argentina and Spain are very similar - the language, the lifestyle - and for my whole life it is all I have known.

"I have spent a lot of time walking round the city getting lost. What I realised quite quickly is that Liverpool is quite similar to my home town Rosario.

"There is a lot of focus in Argentina on Buenos Aires because it is the capital, like there is with London in England. But like Liverpool, Rosario is a big city - an important football city - with two clubs and it is a place which has strong working class roots. That has made it easier for me to settle."

One of the first tastes of Mersey life for Maxi came when he started the Anfield derby back in February - an occasion the No.17 places among his career highlights.

He explained: "The derbies here and Argentina are very similar because there are more fans from both clubs in the stadium and the supporters are more vocal.

"In Spain, there might only be a few hundred tickets available for away supporters, which means there doesn't seem to be as much passion inside the stadium. The derby between Liverpool and Everton last month was one of the best experiences of my career."

Rodriguez joined countrymen Javier Mascherano and Emiliano Insua when he arrived from Atletico Madrid during the last transfer window.

Asked about banter between the trio, he replied: "Every player in the squad - not just the Argentinians - gets on really well.

"Each player from Argentina is from a different place in the country and we are different but good friends as well. Emiliano is from Buenos Aires, I am from Rosario and Javier is from San Lorenzo, which is only very small. You could probably fit its entire population inside this room.

"Javier also played for River Plate, and Newell's Old Boys are big rivals with them, so we have a bit of banter."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/maxi-i-like-scouse-life
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:30 am »
Wow, everyone's standards for a starting winger have really dropped if that display by Maxi (or indeed any of his displays, bar a few moments against Blackburn) are classified as okay.  He has played some seriously shite football since coming here.  I hope that he'll come good, and I'm certainly not one for passing judgement too quickly, but he certainly hasn't "done well" or anything.
because generally thats what you want your wingers to do. the clubs above us have these kinds of players.
Okay- I've got a solution. Lets put him away then and get rid of him in the summer.
Doesn't seem like he's wanted here and whatever effort his made, is not appreciated. He's shite anyway.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2010, 08:46:14 am »
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2010, 08:58:46 am »

Tigerheart what teams are you watching this year???

The only teams who have out and out wingers doing consisting damage are Man City.  All the rest who play with out and out wingers Villa and Tottenham are doing so so and their great wingers have not been influential.

Chelsea - who have you got there that has been consistently beating players and scoring
Arsenal - who - arshavin, Nasri, Walcott??? 
Mancs - Nani has just as he always has been really inconsistent.  Valencia has had some success buit he's not really beating players and scoring he's been putting excellent crosses in the box which rooney has been thriving on.  Just like Maxi has done on the few occasions recently that he has played with Torres.

The kind of wingers you're talking about don't play in this country they play in places like Germany (Robben/Ribery/Ozil) and Spain (Messi and Ronaldo)  These type of players are generally world class and don't grow on trees or every team would have one.  Saying a player isn't useful because he's not as good as a Robben or Ribery is like saying Etoo isn't a top striker because he doesn't beat as many men before he scores as Torres does.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2010, 09:20:30 am »
Okay- I've got a solution. Lets put him away then and get rid of him in the summer.
Doesn't seem like he's wanted here and whatever effort his made, is not appreciated. He's shite anyway.

Did you read my post before replying to it?  I'm not passing judgment on Maxi.  He's been a great player in the past - no doubt about it.  But there is no way that he should be consistently getting 90 minutes a game right now, given the way he's playing (which certainly can't be classified as "well").  That's my point.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2010, 09:29:57 am »
Tigerheart what teams are you watching this year???

The only teams who have out and out wingers doing consisting damage are Man City.  All the rest who play with out and out wingers Villa and Tottenham are doing so so and their great wingers have not been influential.

Chelsea - who have you got there that has been consistently beating players and scoring
Arsenal - who - arshavin, Nasri, Walcott??? 
Mancs - Nani has just as he always has been really inconsistent.  Valencia has had some success buit he's not really beating players and scoring he's been putting excellent crosses in the box which rooney has been thriving on.  Just like Maxi has done on the few occasions recently that he has played with Torres.

Chelsea - Malouda on the left.  Anelka on the right (when he plays in the formation).  Both can beat their players and get a ball in, or indeed get in the box and score themselves.
Man United - Valencia.  Expensive, yes.  But he has the pace and distribution that we don't have on the wing.
Arsenal - Different kettle of fish.  There whole side is quick and move the ball from back to front at pace, so they don't rely on the winger to do that. 

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2010, 10:33:49 am »
I wish someone would edit this thread title, I can't fucking stand '+' signs in thread titles.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2010, 10:37:24 am »

Did you read my post before replying to it?  I'm not passing judgment on Maxi.  He's been a great player in the past - no doubt about it.  But there is no way that he should be consistently getting 90 minutes a game right now, given the way he's playing (which certainly can't be classified as "well").  That's my point.
Agreed. Maxi has not contributed much since he arrived. I don't doubt that he was a good player in the past but that's completely irrelevant now and from what I've seen of him since January, he's done nothing to suggest he'll be anything better than a squad player.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2010, 10:41:05 am »
To be fair, I would be happy if we used the left wing for a flair guy (Babel with Riera coming in at times) and the right wing for the solid worker (Kuyt and Maxi rotating).

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2010, 10:57:02 am »

Sorry mate, your statement implies this and so I ask: Who would you consistently give a game to at the moment because the way they have played can be classified as "well" then?

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:49 am »
To be fair, I would be happy if we used the left wing for a flair guy (Babel with Riera coming in at times) and the right wing for the solid worker (Kuyt and Maxi rotating).

Like the the 88 team where we had Barnes on the left and Houghton on the right.  An excellent blend.  I remeber the unbeaten arsenal team with Pires on the left and Ljungberg on the right was very effective too.