Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1459432 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #3320 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:20 pm »
Him and Gomez both got there first. Amazing.

He almost caught Hazard for his chance, was absolutely galloping
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3321 on: September 30, 2018, 05:29:37 pm »
Is Allison the third side of this isoceles triangle? ;)

Haha he is indeed!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline mlnkrish

• Boys Pen
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #3322 on: September 30, 2018, 07:09:03 pm »
Anyone got a gif of that incident last night where he and Joe rushed back to get a tackle in a potentially save a goal? Was immense (from the two of them to be fair) and I think Virgil got the important touch. Didn't he visibly go "Whew!" after he got there, like wiping the sweat from his brow or something? Brilliant stuff.

https://twitter.com/SambaRole/status/1046320751693856768

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3323 on: October 1, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »
Just so good.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: October 4, 2018, 02:24:28 pm »
Really enjoying the camaraderie between the defenders & keeper at the moment. The constant acknowledging to each other whenever they've done something good. I noticed it a lot last night. Not quite Buffon & Chiellini levels of going full on Tardelli in each other's faces, although I can see that happening if crucial interventions are made in high stake games. 

It's been a while since our back 5 have taken such pride in defending, it's like having 5 Carra's on the pitch. It seems to be something VvD has brought with him, he's the one leading this mini team within the team. 

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3325 on: October 4, 2018, 02:38:34 pm »
I think that was one of his worst performances since he's been here, he seemed really flustered at times and the ball was bouncing of his feet in all directions at times. I'm sure the pitch didn't help but Gomez was less affected.

The good news is those performances are very rare from him and we still only conceded the one goal.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3326 on: October 10, 2018, 12:56:24 pm »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-slammed-holland-13392092

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has been told by Holland boss Ronald Koeman to cut out the mistakes......

And he wasn't happy to see Van Dijk commit the foul which led to a late missed penalty for Manchester City in Liverpool's top-of-the-table Premier League clash at Anfield on Sunday......

And Koeman said: “I told Virgil within 30 seconds of the end of the game against France what I thought.

“I know him so well – and that means I know where all his little faults are.

“Virgil has to improve. Not a lot. But sometimes he is a little too laid back. That needs to change........
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:00:08 pm by rocco »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3327 on: October 10, 2018, 01:01:19 pm »
the headline is clickbait and misleading

i think Koeman is fairly constructive in his criticism

if klopp said the same thing no one would bat an eyelid
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: October 10, 2018, 01:09:24 pm »
he's shit and we should bin him off
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3329 on: October 10, 2018, 01:20:07 pm »
the headline is clickbait and misleading

i think Koeman is fairly constructive in his criticism

if klopp said the same thing no one would bat an eyelid

He probably wouldn't yap on about it to the press quite so much mind  :D Koeman's going on about something that happened a while ago and probably doesn't need to be brought up publicly again, and about something that happened in a Liverpool game, not a Netherlands game, where I am sure VVD doesn't need telling what he did wrong.

But Koeman just wants to be relevant, his reputation took a battering at Everton.   I'm sure VVD doesn't give a shit, and won't be arsed anyway. He'll just carry on doing what he does, and learning from the coaches at Liverpool.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: October 10, 2018, 01:44:15 pm »
He probably wouldn't yap on about it to the press quite so much mind  :D Koeman's going on about something that happened a while ago and probably doesn't need to be brought up publicly again, and about something that happened in a Liverpool game, not a Netherlands game, where I am sure VVD doesn't need telling what he did wrong.

But Koeman just wants to be relevant, his reputation took a battering at Everton.   I'm sure VVD doesn't give a shit, and won't be arsed anyway. He'll just carry on doing what he does, and learning from the coaches at Liverpool.

He is so good it looks like he doesn’t get out of 2nd gear , don’t find anything wrong in what Koeman has said

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3331 on: October 10, 2018, 01:49:03 pm »
He is so good it looks like he doesn’t get out of 2nd gear , don’t find anything wrong in what Koeman has said

there is nothing wrong with it, apart from that it doesnt need saying to the press. I just find it amusing more than anything, cos it does just come across as him trying to make himself relevant again in his development  :D  Wheras the reality is, he really isn't that important, he 'coaches' him for a few days every few weeks if he's lucky.   

VVD will just do what he does, and still be the Netherland's best player, with Gini a close 2nd  :P

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3332 on: October 10, 2018, 01:50:41 pm »

The thing is just coming out in the press and telling someone who is consistently playing at an incredibly high level to improve is, imo, fairly shocking man management.

All players make mistakes, so telling someone who makes very few whilst the rest of their game is world class is a load of shite.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: October 10, 2018, 01:51:52 pm »
The thing is just coming out in the press and telling someone who is consistently playing at an incredibly high level to improve is, imo, fairly shocking man management.

All players make mistakes, so telling someone who makes very few whilst the rest of their game is world class is a load of shite.

Can’t see it bothering Van , he is that laidback ;)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3334 on: October 10, 2018, 01:54:59 pm »
Koeman mentioned it (but probably didnt need to) as this is the first time holland played since

doubt he needs or wants to try stay relevant given he has a high profile job

the headline is misleading in the mirror, you would think Koeman threw him under the bus Mourinho style

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3335 on: October 10, 2018, 02:10:46 pm »
Whew...

When I saw the little orange box next to his name I feared he was injured...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #3336 on: October 10, 2018, 02:23:09 pm »
there is nothing wrong with it, apart from that it doesnt need saying to the press. I just find it amusing more than anything, cos it does just come across as him trying to make himself relevant again in his development  :D  Wheras the reality is, he really isn't that important, he 'coaches' him for a few days every few weeks if he's lucky.   

VVD will just do what he does, and still be the Netherland's best player, with Gini a close 2nd  :P

Exactly how I see it. Koeman is smalltime.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: October 10, 2018, 02:39:54 pm »

Yeah, Koeman is really daft. Virgil is their best player and their captain. In top 3 best defender in the world, if not the best. What he's smoking down there in Amsterdam?!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:08 pm »
Virgil acknowledged that he made a mistake for the tackle which gave away the penalty in his post-game interview, so not sure why Koeman had to re-state it.

As for the laid back attitude, I do feel Virgil can be passive during certain moments due to his sheer quality, or it seems so.

If these comments Virgil to be even better, that's good for us. If he doesn't like them, rather Koeman mention this than Kloppo. :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3339 on: October 10, 2018, 02:50:07 pm »
Would have to disagree with some of the posters above. I dont know the dynamic of the relationship between the two but I were to guess, it would be a strong one (Southampton, Dutch connection plus made him Dutch captain). So, Koeman probably knows he can make such a comment about Virgil, he is strong enough to be unfazed, its more like a message to the other members of the Dutch squad that they need to keep standard highs.
And from a liverpool perspective, anything that helps Van Dijk to break away from the cohort of the best defenders in the world to just the standout best defender in the world is welcome. So, if this helps him to focus just that little bit extra, so be it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: October 10, 2018, 03:26:34 pm »
Good job Koeman feels this way, otherwise Van Dijk would be guiding Everton to their first Champions League trophy.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: October 13, 2018, 08:36:29 pm »
Netherlands leading Germany 1-0 at ht courtesy of a simple header by VVD.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3342 on: October 13, 2018, 08:37:18 pm »
Needs to improve.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3343 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:58 pm »
Needs to improve.

He needs to concentrate more, too casual.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: October 13, 2018, 08:44:44 pm »
Didn't even head it down,kids in the park know to head the balls downwards.

Amature hour.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3345 on: October 13, 2018, 08:55:55 pm »
The big beautiful bastard

But looks aren't everything sonny Jim. Buck up or fuck off me laddo.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: October 13, 2018, 09:29:51 pm »
Needs to bulk down

sent from my r2d2 mk iv

bollocks

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3347 on: October 13, 2018, 10:12:18 pm »
How is Ryan Babel only 31?  ???
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: October 13, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »

He was only 20,21 when we signed him 10,11 years ago but it feels like an eternity ago  ;D

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: October 13, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
First player I've been infatuated with since Torres. Absolute idol.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3350 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:44 am »
Love how nobody even mentions his price anymore except to say that its been well and truly justified. In hindsight I'd have been happy to see us pay double, transformative players are worth their weight in gold. And Van Dijk is fucking gigantic.

Said it before, but Klopp and team played a blinder in the aftermath of the move falling through last summer. I was frustrated that we didn't go for another centreback and decided to bide our time for VVD to become available to us again, but it was very clearly the right move. Hopefully we end up talking about Keita in such terms, not everyone can slot in impeccably from day one though.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:14:34 am by rowan_d »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: October 14, 2018, 06:37:44 am »
First player I've been infatuated with since Torres. Absolute idol.

Yeah, i loved Babel too.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3352 on: October 14, 2018, 09:34:19 am »
That's why I was glad we binned him. I knew he'd end up 31 one day.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3353 on: October 14, 2018, 09:59:41 am »
He was only 20,21 when we signed him 10,11 years ago but it feels like an eternity ago  ;D

;D

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: October 14, 2018, 11:00:48 am »
He won't play against Belgium (friendly) and will be heading back to Liverpool. Decided to rest because of the rib injury he suffered lately. He played the full game yesterday and was rock solid so no worries at all. Good news id say

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: October 14, 2018, 11:15:53 am »
Oh, how they laughed when we paid all that money for him... :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3356 on: October 14, 2018, 11:17:48 am »
Oh, how they laughed when we paid all that money for him... :D

And the thing is that someone like Ferguson would have broken the bank to get him to United rather than signing emoji friendly show ponies.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3357 on: October 14, 2018, 12:04:34 pm »
He won't play against Belgium (friendly) and will be heading back to Liverpool. Decided to rest because of the rib injury he suffered lately. He played the full game yesterday and was rock solid so no worries at all. Good news id say

Hopefully he'll be back for our games. We can manage for a game or two with the better fixtures now, but hopefully there's no recurring issue with it. Happy for him for his goal  :)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: October 14, 2018, 12:06:51 pm »
That's why I was glad we binned him. I knew he'd end up 31 one day.
;D

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3359 on: October 14, 2018, 12:11:39 pm »
thats what travelling in a Babel-Copter does to you, keeps you fresh faced and looking youthful.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!